Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 18:35   #1501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
My 8 month oldie has chronic seemingly unsolvable problems

1, Completely Jammed power windows on passenger side. earlier they would start working before servicing - and they would do some tinkering around - now completetly jammed - what should I ask for in next visit to SC?
They probably excessively greased the gears/channel/motor to get the motor working as it cannot take the "load". I would think that is the cause of your irritant no.2. Ask them to change the window motor (it will be under warranty). If they hesitate (as they someties do under warranty), ask them to do a trial run with another motor temporarily to ascertain the fault.

Quote:
2. My passenger window every 2-3 days comes up with grease on the window pane. Will lose my rather expensive sunfilm if I keep applying those solvents to remove the grease.
Refer no. 1 above.

Quote:
3. Very fast discharge of battery on the key? not that I keep it pressed - twice it has been changed by service center.
Check both remotes. Ask for replacement.

Quote:
4. Moisture in one the headlamps - anyone knows full proof way to getting it cleared w/o going to service center?
Replace. My A.S.S. (they are fantastic) did it without me asking for it to be done and also the rear tail light. Drying the moisture (hair dryer) is a quick fix but it will reccur and finally the chrome will rust. So replace while under warranty.

Quote:
5. The mudflaps at the back - one of them has started cracking and the other one is getting chipped. It goes offroad but I am careful - dont know what has been causing this damage. will they replace under warranty? anyone knows any other more "flexible" and robust options than the default.
You're not careful enough!!! No warranty on that one...you will have to pay for it!!! Don't know of any after market ones that "fit" the Scorp.

Keep us posted...
Old 6th August 2010, 15:45   #1502
Senior - BHPian

Self Heal Tech!

Love the self heal tech the scorpio comes with!

Today morning approx 4.30 am i drove to the airport & the car was behaving fine. On the way back, the ABS light & Handbrake light started glowing. i switched off the car for 2 mins & then started the car again, the light went off but only for a minute! i parked the car, checked the brake fluid, pumped the brakes & everything seemed normal. since i had relatives in my car who were tired after a long journey (and also since i knew the ABS light has a tendency to glow on its own whims & fancies), i decided to drive the car home at a slow speed.

even after reaching home, the light dint go off. did some high speed braking (from 50-60kmph) & ABS was kicking, so the functioning is proper atleast. then after an hour or so, while i was talking to the mahindra A.S.S, the lights went off! now the car is running fine, so i love this "self heal" tech mahindra has incorporated in the scorpio... not even mercs & BMWs have this feature!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 6th August 2010 at 15:47.
Old 6th August 2010, 19:27   #1503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Love the self heal tech the scorpio comes with!

Today morning approx 4.30 am i drove to the airport & the car was behaving fine. On the way back, the ABS light & Handbrake light started glowing. i switched off the car for 2 mins & then started the car again, the light went off but only for a minute! i parked the car, checked the brake fluid, pumped the brakes & everything seemed normal. since i had relatives in my car who were tired after a long journey (and also since i knew the ABS light has a tendency to glow on its own whims & fancies), i decided to drive the car home at a slow speed.

even after reaching home, the light dint go off. did some high speed braking (from 50-60kmph) & ABS was kicking, so the functioning is proper atleast. then after an hour or so, while i was talking to the mahindra A.S.S, the lights went off! now the car is running fine, so i love this "self heal" tech mahindra has incorporated in the scorpio... not even mercs & BMWs have this feature!
The Best part is that these things never happen in front of the A.S.S. staff so it is virtually impossible to convince them.
Old 6th August 2010, 20:15   #1504
Distinguished - BHPian

I must admin, I am also a victim/beneficiary of Scorpios 'Self Heal System'. One moring, i was taking a trip and the TPMS monitor started to go crazy saying one of the tyres was low on air. I went and checked all round and all tires were fine. This annoying thing kept going on for 30 minutes and I had to keep using the switch in the console to shut of the really annoying beeping. Finally after 30 minutes the 'Self Heal System' inflated the tyres to the correct pressure and the warning beep went away.
Old 6th August 2010, 21:10   #1505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
...Scorpios 'Self Heal System'.
LOL. Totally agree. TPMS and MicroHybrid have a mind of their own. So do the rain sensing wipers. Intelligent car, I must say, with occasional flashes of idiocy.
Old 7th August 2010, 12:18   #1506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I must admin, I am also a victim/beneficiary of Scorpios 'Self Heal System'. One moring, i was taking a trip and the TPMS monitor started to go crazy saying one of the tyres was low on air. I went and checked all round and all tires were fine. This annoying thing kept going on for 30 minutes and I had to keep using the switch in the console to shut of the really annoying beeping. Finally after 30 minutes the 'Self Heal System' inflated the tyres to the correct pressure and the warning beep went away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
LOL. Totally agree. TPMS and MicroHybrid have a mind of their own. So do the rain sensing wipers. Intelligent car, I must say, with occasional flashes of idiocy.
The car is extra intelligent actually, the TMMS today morning showed a defalted front tyre and inflated it automatically all in the span of a few minutes, thanks Mahindra for the auto puncture repair & air fill system.
Old 7th August 2010, 20:19   #1507
Senior - BHPian

To hell with Mahindra's self heal!

Sent the car to the A.S.S today as yesterday evening the ABS light started blinking intermittently. i dint want to take chances & my decision proved right.

The technician connected the OBD to my car & found a broken link to the rear sensor. He found out that one wire was split & that was the cause of the ABS light. He replaced the entire wire.

Cost:
Rear Sensor PIGTAI (god knows what that means) : Rs. 224/-
Labour charge : Rs. 300/- (Funny that the labour charge is more than the cost of the kit itself!)

Total: Rs. 580/-
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions-dsc_0274-large.jpg  

Old 7th August 2010, 21:17   #1508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rear Sensor PIGTAI (god knows what that means) ...
PIGTAIL.

Part cost less than labour cost! Hehe, sign of a nation progressing! It's almost always been the case with petty items in all developed countries!
eg. Fuel pump $42/-, labour $80/-!!
Old 7th August 2010, 21:50   #1509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The technician connected the OBD to my car

Labour charge : Rs. 300/- (Funny that the labour charge is more than the cost of the kit itself!)

Aren't you glad he didn't add an extra Rs.400 for connecting the OBD!? LOL...
Old 9th August 2010, 10:15   #1510
Senior - BHPian

Guys, do these guys need to remove the dashboard to check the ABS using OBD? i am feeling the throw of air from the AC vents have drastically reduced after my car has arrived from the A.S.S., so i plan to send my car back to the A.S.S to get this checked. maybe they have not clipped the vents properly & air is leaking somewhere.

Also, i have noticed a sudden improvement in the engine performance, as in the driveability & acceleration has increased tremendously. the engine feels super responsive now! the guys have done nothing to the engine. my friend says since they connected the OBD to check the ABS issue, they must have reset all the ECU errors & hence the performance benefit. is this true? if it is, i would like to get my car's ECU reset every year as the result is simply superb! i am loving the car more now!
Old 9th August 2010, 11:13   #1511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To hell with Mahindra's self heal!

Sent the car to the A.S.S today as yesterday evening the ABS light started blinking intermittently. i dint want to take chances & my decision proved right.

The technician connected the OBD to my car & found a broken link to the rear sensor. He found out that one wire was split & that was the cause of the ABS light. He replaced the entire wire.

Cost:
Rear Sensor PIGTAI (god knows what that means) : Rs. 224/-

Quote:
Guys, do these guys need to remove the dashboard to check the ABS using OBD? i am feeling the throw of air from the AC vents have drastically reduced after my car has arrived from the A.S.S., so i plan to send my car back to the A.S.S to get this checked. maybe they have not clipped the vents properly & air is leaking somewhere.

Also, i have noticed a sudden improvement in the engine performance, as in the driveability & acceleration has increased tremendously. the engine feels super responsive now! the guys have done nothing to the engine. my friend says since they connected the OBD to check the ABS issue, they must have reset all the ECU errors & hence the performance benefit. is this true? if it is, i would like to get my car's ECU reset every year as the result is simply superb! i am loving the car more now!
Hi Raj, This wasent covered under warrenty ?

May be we should all demand an ECU Reset as a part of servicing
Old 9th August 2010, 13:14   #1512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
raj_5004 : (Funny that the labour charge is more than the cost of the kit itself!)
It's quite normal. A rubber bush may cost less than a 100/-. But 2 hours of labor to replace it can send the total bill to about 4 times the cost of the part.
Old 9th August 2010, 16:53   #1513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi Raj, This wasent covered under warrenty ?
Hi, my car is out of warranty as i have not opted for extended warranty. you can say, i trust mahindra & its product's reliability. I felt spending 11k on EW is too much! Lets see whether that was a good decision!

Quote:
May be we should all demand an ECU Reset as a part of servicing
Seriously, if that does not harm the electronics in any way!
Old 9th August 2010, 17:01   #1514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, my car is out of warranty as i have not opted for extended warranty. you can say, i trust mahindra & its product's reliability. I felt spending 11k on EW is too much! Lets see whether that was a good decision!
My Warrenty is set to expire next month they are asking me 13.5 K, I think I might have to go for it.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:03   #1515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Originally, the leaf spring set of the Scorpio consists of 5 leaves.
FNG suggested me to add one more leaf between 2 & 3 to increase support. I did that and after that undertook a 3000 Km trip to Leh & back. My scorp held steady on hairpin bends, jumped over boulders without bobbing and the rear seat passengers didn't bang their head on the roof.
I added the leaf no. 6 today at an FNG here in Bangalore. My ASC had already told me a couple of months ago that the leaf springs needed re-cambering, as they had already sagged close to the bump stops. So I did both the re-cambering and adding of the leaf no. 6 at one go.

Total cost : Rs. 1900/- (including labour for the re-cambering)
Time taken : 2 hours

Now I find the handling to be even more firm and assured, so am quite happy with the results !

My thanks to gd1418 and Pradeep for their valuable inputs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks