Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2019, 09:53   #166
BHPian

Re: Scorpio Mhawk Clutch Failure & Break Down

Just replaced the OE clutch on our 2011 mhawk at 217000 kms at CAI Mahindra Coimbatore 15 days ago and now the clutch pedal is showing issues.
Last Saturday, the pedal sank in completely while my parents took it out. Luckily help was nearby as the CAI roadside assistance team diagnoised it to a damaged O-ring and replaced it. Today the same issue has cropped up and i can see oil leakage on the transmission case.
Would this be a caused by the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder? In the entire service history only once did we have the slave cylinder replaced.
Old 6th March 2021, 09:18   #167
BHPian

My Scorpio VLX 2009 model went thru 2 clutch slave cylinder already, once at 45k kms (March 2016) and once at 80k kms (Dec 2020).

First one at Nagpur while coming back from Srinagar to Hyderabad via Delhi. The clutch completely sank and the fluid emptied leaking on the road. The car had to be towed to nearby Mahindra service center at around 5:00 pm. The team got it back and ready by 8:00 pm to complete my journey back. Only the slave cylinder was changed as the plates and all other stuff looked good.

Second time at Belari on my way to Davangere. The clutch pedal became very light and engaging gear became issue. This time there was no dripping and the oil was still to the top in the master cylinder. That was the first thing I checked given I had the previous experience. But this time around, I was able to make it to Davangere which is almost 200 kms. Took it to Mahindra service center at Davangere next day and they confirmed that the slave cylinder failed again. As it was 80k kms already, I opted for the complete clutch kit to be replaced as well though there was no visible sign of deterioration or damage.

Both during highway drive with family but Mahindra service center came to my rescue. Wanted to know if there is any permanent fix identified or this continues for the lifetime as I don't intend to sell this car.
Old 6th March 2021, 10:53   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post

Both during highway drive with family but Mahindra service center came to my rescue. Wanted to know if there is any permanent fix identified or this continues for the lifetime as I don't intend to sell this car.
The concentric slave cylinder issue persisted until the part was redesigned, our own Mhawk vehicles do not have this problem as they are from the later batches.

The circuit is from Master Cylinder through the tube to the concentric slave cylinder and then the clutch assembly, release bearing , flywheel.

Except the tube and flywheel if it's okay, everything else needs to be replaced at the time of clutch change for reliability.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 01:52   #169
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I'm looking for a used Scorpio 4wd mHawk in Bangalore/KA location. The multiple CSC failure issues reported for this model is a little concerning. But with the redesigned part M&M seems to have fixed things for good (please correct me if I'm wrong here)

I plan to get the vehicle inspected at Sireesh auto, near bommanahalli and will check the service history to check if the older faulty CSC has been replaced with the more reliable upgraded part. Or, should I simply replace the CSC proactively once I get the vehicle and have complet peace of mind?

Also, what are the other reported issues that I need to look out for in the vehicle? For eg: I noticed the 4wd switch was not working on a lot of the cars I tested. The switch issue is apparently common among 4wds but can be prevented by frequently using the switch, or is a day's job to fix it even if it's broken.

Dear Scorpio 4wd owners, please advise on the above. Thank you.

P.S: Any Scorpio owners in Blore/ KA region who is willing to let go of their cars, I'm all eyes & ears
Old 13th June 2022, 16:39   #170
BHPian

I know I am late in the game, but yes, for the first time, after 85,000 happy KMS, my Scorpio 2010 SLE BS4's clutch collapsed just like the above threads mention; I could see the fluid (I assume clutch fluid/oil) literally flowing out when I popped the bonnet.

I was doing around 80 - 90 KMPH and experienced this when I depressed the clutch to move from the 4th to the 5th gear.

I could luckily coast over to the left by moving to the Neutral without getting sandwiched between the cars/trucks behind and ahead of me.

This happened on a Saturday morning at around 8:00 AM. I raised a SOS request through the "With you Hamesha" app. Mahindra customer care constantly followed up and had the nearest dealership (which was around 30 Kms away) call me. On hearing the symptoms, they arranged for a tow-truck. I rode as the co-passenger in the truck itself and reached the service station at 2:00 PM

Due to a long queue, my car is still not attended. SA tells me that it could be a cylinder failure. I am still waiting for the actual issue and indeed, a solution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks