Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2015, 17:42   #3706
Senior - BHPian

Next Tapri Meet - Sunday 26th April morning @ Chandni Chowk

I have to be present at a lecture this Sunday. Shame. Most likely- I'll be unable to come.

'Neways- Here's adding me to a tentative list. You know. Just in case.... :

Confirmed: (Mention your rides as well- Better identification)
1. 599gto (Polo?)
2. asit.kulkarni93 (?)
3. //M (RE?)

Tentative:
1. RedTerrano (Terrano?)
2. the_skyliner (BMW?)
3. Abhay (?)
4. FINTAIL (MS WagonR K10BN/Vespa/Or a rusted oldie.)
5. 1self (Red Beast)

BTW; A mini T-BHP meet did take place today. At the screening of Avengers 2.

Shall keep on organizing such meets in the future.

Last edited by noopster : 26th April 2015 at 13:20.
Old 25th April 2015, 17:21   #3707
BANNED

Meeting point- CCD chandni chowk. The one opposite to Up-North and near viva inn.
Old 26th April 2015, 16:15   #3708
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Next Tapri Meet - Pune

Breakfast Meet, 26th April 2015

Venue: Basho's, Mulshi Dam
Time: 7 am to 11:30 am

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0045.jpg

As a late riser, I am always dependent on my alarm clock to wake me up for all early morning jaunts. But at times the alarm goes kaput, else I tend to ignore it. So during early morning commitments, it gets increasingly difficult to get up on time. On sundays, it gets even more difficult. But for Team-BHP meets, I have discovered a very reliable alarm clock. An alarm clock so efficient, that it ensures all other BHPians in for the meet are up and ready to hit the roads !

That alarm clock is called "599gto".

Thanks to 599gto's repeated calls early in the morning, we all were at the pre-decided meeting point outside CCD, Bavdhan at 7 am.

Members:

1. ebonho - Royal Enfield 500
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0029.jpg

2. 1self - Hyundai Sonata V6 supercharged
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0027.jpg

3. Ricci - Bajaj Pulsar 220
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0024.jpg

4. 599gto - VW Polo TDI
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0026.jpg

5. asit.kulkarni93 - Yamaha Fazer
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0030.jpg

6. //M - Classic 500 Desert Storm

We fired up our engines at about 7:30 am and headed towards the picturesque Mulshi Dam. The supercharged Sonata V6 has got some serious performance mods under the hood, so keeping up with it would have definitely been a task. But then there is Doppie and there is Doc (ebonho), the cocktail which can give some serious competition to any performance machine I know of !!

Asit's Fazer with some tastefully done mods was fast enough to catch up with Doc's spirited riding. Ricci has an obsession with fast machines so he need not get involved in any performance mods as such to give any competition. He is in a class of his own !!

599gto's 3-cylinder TDI was surprisingly quick enough as well. That left me trailing behind, my Desert Storm enjoying a leisurely pace chugging along the state highway and trying to catch up with the Usain Bolt's of Pune.

The road to Mulshi Dam is fairly good, with some undulations and patches in some parts. The distance was covered soon, and we grabbed a table at Basho's for breakfast, just next to the Mulshi Dam. Cheese Omelettes, Toasts, Chai for breakfast in such a picturesque location. The setting couldn't have been better. But then when petrolheads meet, the location and setting takes a backseat.

What follows is a couple of hours of some serious discussions about superchargers, pistons, ICE, supercars, motorcycles and travelling. It was great fun spending a lazy sunday morning with so many like-minded people. After the round table conference and exchange of information was over, we got back in our vehicles to trail back to our dwellings.

Being a sunday, the traffic was in a mess with loads of tourist vehicles packed with people zooming around the Mulshi and the Tamhini stretch. However with Stigs at the helm of the vehicles, we made good progress and stopped over at Pirangut for a break.

It was an excellent sunday, such drives definitely spice up my weekend compared to the otherwise dull 6-day working schedule. We should definitely have more frequent meets !

Also, as a special mention, a big thanks to Rahul Sir for coming all the way to CCD Bavdhan at 7 am to meet us. However, he could not join us for the drive due to some other commitments.

Here are some clicks from the meet:

The gang
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0034.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0036.jpg

The location
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0023.jpg

The line-up
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0040.jpg

The motorcycles
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0046.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0037.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0010.jpg

The cars
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0007.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0021.jpg

Magnaflow exhausts on the V6
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0022.jpg

599gto's ICE
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0012.jpg

599gto and his Polo
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0014.jpg

The gyaan session
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0020.jpg

The bhpians and their rides
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0047.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0052.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0054.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0055.jpg
Old 26th April 2015, 20:22   #3709
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

It was a fantastic Sunday morning. Good roads, great bunch of guys, and real nice masala tea and cheese omlettes.

Enjoyed thoroughly the company of Aniruddh, Vivek, Asit, Arunabh and Ricci. Was very impressed by Asit's locally modded and still WIP 180cc Fazer. It was moving.

Speaking of moving, given a clean stretch of tarmac, and Vivek's beautiful red Sonata would really move. As I mentioned to the guys, more than the actual serious engine and suspension mods (which are doubtless very impressive), what really impressed someone like me who in his own little way has also been down this road on his Bullets, is how clean and spotless and tidy the car was, inside the engine bay, inside the boot, it just was a clean impeccably modded car. Kudos on your passion Vivek!

Aniruddh did not let down the "3 cylinder" club either, and was hauling it on the twisties in his ICEd Polo. Good fun! And a big Thank You shout out for so thoughtfully waking me up a full 22 minutes before my alarm was set to go off LOL!

Ricci and Arunabh too were into the groove on the twisties towards Mulshi on the nicely maintained clean(!) P220 FI and the classy Desert Storm (for some reason Sand Storm always keeps playing in my head!), and we made some pretty good time going, and even better coming back (must have been all that cheese .... or maybe it was the mutton calling out to Arunabh !).

On my part, yesterday was spent getting Doppie reverted largely back to stock (ignition, electricals, air intake, carb - the whole lot), as I've had enough of the mods and want to enjoy her longer stock now. And I think she did pretty good even so, and hopefully would have gained some in reliability (esp with the rains coming).

The tarmac is still good and I am very seriously contemplating an even faster Sunday soon (before the rains come and mess it up) on the KTM. Hopefully we can get some of the other junta out on their fast bikes too. The Daytona, the Z8, the ER6N, the Ninja 650, the Street Triple, we have all of these in the group. Should be fun!

Basho's thankfully was empty. The weather was nice. The scenery beautiful as always. The lake luckily still has a decent amount of water.Time passed by talking cars and bikes, and soon it was time to head back.

Thanks for making it guys!

Last edited by ebonho : 26th April 2015 at 20:32.
Old 26th April 2015, 20:36   #3710
BHPian

One fun meet it was.

I don't need an alarm clock for a team-bhp meet, instead I am pretty much everyone's alarm clock for the day.

So I wake up at 5 am and realize that I will probably be murdered if I start giving wake up calls that early, so I get done with the morning business, change into decent clothes and call up //M at around 5:30, and I am greeted with a very sleepy "haan bhai!", I poke the nuts out of him in the next 3 minutes and make sure he's awake before I hang up.

Next in line was Doc, ebonho as most would know him, now IIRC he has overslept for at least 2 meets in the recent past, so it was my day's mission to wake him up for this one.
I call him up at 5:35, "Hi doc, this is Aniruddh here, time to wake up", doc replies with a "ya buddy" trying to sound awake, hahaha, I confirm the meeting time as 6:30 at his place and hang up.

I leave home at 5:50 am, fuel up and sync with Ricci, who's riding a allegedly slow bike today. We pick up Doc and his Doppie and proceed to the meeting location. Doc tells me to lead, lead I did, for exactly 3 minutes and 18 seconds, Doc and Ricci then overtook me from god knows where and I could only see them directly at CCD, Bavdhan, where Vivek sir '1self' was already waiting with his supercharged red bullet.

We decided to leave for Mulshi sharp at 7:25 am, could barely say hi to Rahul Rao sir, who very sportingly dropped in to meet us.

Once on the way to Mulshi the riders opened the throttle and just disappeared, Vivek sir caught up with me and finally he too disappeared in a flash.

I was completely ripping the poor 1.2 TDI to barely keep everyone else in sight, that's the best me and my good looking toy could do.

We reached Basho's and ordered tea and breakfast and hogged like we were food deprived for a good two days. Breakfast was followed by a long session of discussions, mind you discussions of all variety, but primarily all things automobile.

Like its a ritual, //M took out his Nikon and a proper photoshoot followed.

Time to leave, the riders geared up, me and Vivek sir belted up and fired the machines, same story again I left first but reached Pirangut chowk last, hahhaha!

All in all, it was amongst the better Sundays I've spent, its always fun to meet and chat up with people who share a passion!

I sincerely hope more people would join in next time, we always keep dates and venues flexible and zero in on the one that most convenient to all of us. So guys pitch in ideas and add up please! More people, more fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Breakfast Meet, 26th April 2015

Venue: Basho's, Mulshi Dam
Time: 7 am to 11:30 am

Attachment 1364385

As a late riser, I am always dependent on my alarm clock to wake me up for all early morning jaunts. But at times the alarm goes kaput, else I tend to ignore it. So during early morning commitments, it gets increasingly difficult to get up on time. On sundays, it gets even more difficult. But for Team-BHP meets, I have discovered a very reliable alarm clock. An alarm clock so efficient, that it ensures all other BHPians in for the meet are up and ready to hit the roads !

That alarm clock is called "599gto".
Neat pics Arunabh, the best ones were not clicked by you mind it!
And yes, thanks for calling me an alarm clock, mehenga padega!
Old 26th April 2015, 21:27   #3711
BANNED

A Sunday morning well spent. Thanks to all who made it for the drive+meet. It was the first time I got to take my bike out of the city limits after the initial mods were done and are still in progress. Thanks for the kind words doc.

As I stay very close to chandni chowk I was the last one to arrive :P. It was one awesome ride to basho's. On our way to Basho's I could either hear doc's doppie or 1self's sonata. It was complete music to ears early in the morning.

Ricci & Arunabh were pretty sedate with their rides. The 3-cylinder Polo was filling the up the gap for me as a lead when 1self and doc were either taking it easy or flying away.

At Basho's the food was nice and the discussions revolved around all kinds of automobiles. And let's not forget arunabh's Bhutan trip story.

We made it pretty fast on our way back. I followed 1self's sonata till bhugaon just to hear it. Thanks for the pics Arunabh.

Asit
Old 27th April 2015, 07:04   #3712
BHPian

WHAT A SUNDAY! Gosh! It was AWESOME to meet fellow petrol heads from the bike culture. Really expanded my horizons! We REALLY should have more drives like these.
Old 27th April 2015, 11:19   #3713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
WHAT A SUNDAY! Gosh! It was AWESOME to meet fellow petrol heads from the bike culture. Really expanded my horizons! We REALLY should have more drives like these.
Vivek sir,

Glad to see you mingling with us morals.

I could not make it this time unfortunately. Its always a great pleasure to meet you and like-minded petrol heads. Hope I can make it to the next one.

Now I know what I can bring to the table in the next meet, slightly better photographs. Just kidding, but yes since I don't get much into this extreme technical stuff, I prefer clicking away more.

Also, I have been on two other meets and I have never been able to get into conversation with ebhono sir. Next time, 200%.

Cheers !

P.S.: That red beast is a true gem.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 27th April 2015 at 11:21.
Old 27th April 2015, 11:38   #3714
Senior - BHPian

Now that we had a "twisty" meet, maybe next Sunday its time for some high(er) speed action?

Suggestions:

Nagar Road (narrower, more crowded)

Sholapur Road (wider, less crowded)

Malshej (but again twisty stuff, after Nagar and some distance after left turn-off)

Alibag (Saturday night over-nighter?) - replace Alibag with Murud or any other nearby beach, for some nice sol kadi, prawns and fish action - gawti chikan also)

Please no more Amby valley, Lavasa, Lonavala, Panchgani for some time at least)

Or maybe a longer one on the same route - Tamhini and back. Always good fun, and the tarmac looks good (The KTM would be good fun .....)

Please pour in.

Guys, no "ebonho sir" please. Only Vivek has been knighted as of now. I am just Doc thanks!
Old 27th April 2015, 11:47   #3715
BHPian

An overnighter will be cool! Good & relatively empty roads where BHP could be unleashed would be icing on the cake.
Old 27th April 2015, 14:12   #3716
BHPian

I am in for a ride on Friday Or Saturday (1st/2nd May)
I've never been to any meets and would really like to ride with you all wonderful people!

My last week's Smilestone ride (Nagar road, 100 kms from pune) got cancelled and would really love to go there with you guys! One of my friend (non-bhpian) would join too, he has a street triple and I ride a Bullet 500.

What say guys?

An overnighter to Kashid/Diveagar/Murud would be great too. I am in for that as well.

Last edited by Siddy : 27th April 2015 at 14:15.
Old 28th April 2015, 13:35   #3717
Senior - BHPian

The distance should be at least 100-150 kms one way, to actually feel you have given the machines a decent workout. Whatever we decide.

I like the start early and be back by 11 formula. Or lets try for a nice over-nighter. Some place different.

Any nice shady forest/wildlife reserve nearby? Beaches will be way too exposed and hot this time of the year. Ditto deforested hilltops.
Old 29th April 2015, 12:11   #3718
Senior - BHPian

Hello? Please put photos of ICE meet here. Also, what plans for the Sunday morning ride? Who all are in.

Bikes and Cars both.

Me (Duke 390) and Ashutosh (TheCelestial, Z8) are in.

Also, most probably two non BHPian 390 riding buddies would also be joining.

Ricci (Daytona)?

Rohit (ER6N)

Archgoff (Bonnie)?

Arunabh, Asit? Vikram (VTec Guy. Duke 390)? Vishal (Thar4x4 - new 390, running-in done?)? Aman (Coolrain, Duke 390)?

Car guys? Vivek, Aniruddh. Anyone else? Fast cars?

Last edited by ebonho : 29th April 2015 at 12:24.
Old 29th April 2015, 12:36   #3719
BANNED

I won't be able to join this time doc. My exams are nearing. You guys have a good time. Pls do post the pics. Enjoy

Asit
Old 29th April 2015, 12:53   #3720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
I won't be able to join this time doc. My exams are nearing. You guys have a good time. Pls do post the pics. Enjoy

Asit
Study hard bro. All the best!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks