Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2014, 19:47   #3586
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet - Breakfast Meet & Drive: Sunday 30th Nov 2014!

It has been quite long since I have joined the ride. I will definitely try to join as I am living quite close to phoenix mall. I will be riding zx6r. Hope to see you all at 7:00 at phoenix mall.
Old 22nd November 2014, 23:53   #3587
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I will be coming on my Enfield as well. Have confirmed my attendance to Doc.

See you all tomorrow.
Old 24th November 2014, 14:04   #3588
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
This is not exactly a Team BHP tapri meet, but there are a number of Team BHPian bikers meeting up for the larger IBW Chai Pakora run this Sunday early morning at Phoenix off Nagar Road (we meet there at 7 and leave by 7:30).

The plan is to ride to Vithal Kamats on Nagar Road (about 75 km) and back. Multiple groups from Mumbai Pune Nagar and Aurangabad will be converging. Expect a big turnout. Basically a mela, but not bad for a change. Being organised by the Greaseballs apparently.

I will be there, so will Aman (cooolrain) on his 390 and his riders from the Lords. Ricci on his Daytona and some of his riders from Bikenomads might join as well (to be confirmed). Arunabh (//M) and Ashutosh (The Celestial) cannot make it. The Vtec Guy has not responded yet. Don't know any other bikers here, so this is a general shout out to all Puneri bikers of Team BHP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
It has been quite long since I have joined the ride. I will definitely try to join as I am living quite close to phoenix mall. I will be riding zx6r. Hope to see you all at 7:00 at phoenix mall.
Ranjan it was a pleasure meeting you again after the Madhuban meet. And riding with you as well. That zx6r of yours sounds wild and is in mint shape. You definitely got a great deal on that one. Rare to find old 600 supersports so wel kept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I will be coming on my Enfield as well. Have confirmed my attendance to Doc.

See you all tomorrow.
Arunabh, was great meeting you at the start point and on the ride. Good to see the passion to ride in spite of having to rush back to office (on a Sunday! ). Sorry we could not spend more time as I too had to rush back with the guys and left Kamats quickly (only chai, no pakora!) Great to see your DS500 doing so well and how well you've kept her even after what must have been a gruelling Rajasthan ride.

Some thoughts on the ride and a few photos on the Duke 390 thread. Sadly I don't have a photo with either of you. The 4 of us (Aman included) should have taken a Team BHP photo! Next time ....

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 24th November 2014 at 14:06.
Old 24th November 2014, 14:06   #3589
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

It has been quite a while since we had our last meet. The MH Mega Meet is being planned sometime in January, so that is quite some time away. Few bhpians were present for the IBW Chai-Pakoda ride to Supa yesterday. It was a sunday well-spent. How about meeting this sunday, Nov 30th and going for a drive/ride to some place nearby?
Old 24th November 2014, 14:18   #3590
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Arunabh, was great meeting you at the start point and on the ride. Good to see the passion to ride in spite of having to rush back to office (on a Sunday! ). Sorry we could not spend more time as I too had to rush back with the guys and left Kamats quickly (only chai, no pakora!) Great to see your DS500 doing so well and how well you've kept her even after what must have been a gruelling Rajasthan ride.

Some thoughts on the ride and a few photos on the Duke 390 thread. Sadly I don't have a photo with either of you. The 4 of us (Aman included) should have taken a Team BHP photo! Next time ....

Cheers, Doc
Thanks a lot Doc !

It was great meeting you too and the bunch of like-minded people. What annoyed me was a couple of riders trying to pull up stunts on public roads. Thankfully, the organisers helped to stop the nuisance.

I left back for Pune a little later than what I initially planned. It was great to see the mix of motorcycles from all segments. Couple of bikes that really interested me, Kawasaki Z800 and the mint Honda CB400. I can see from djay's ownership thread that you were also swayed by the Zed's.
Old 24th November 2014, 14:24   #3591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can see from djay's ownership thread that you were also swayed by the Zed's.
I am a sucker for nakeds man. Especially compact mean looking ones.
Old 24th November 2014, 18:28   #3592
BHPian

Quote:
Ranjan it was a pleasure meeting you again after the Madhuban meet. And riding with you as well. That zx6r of yours sounds wild and is in mint shape. You definitely got a great deal on that one. Rare to find old 600 supersports so wel kept.
Cheers, Doc
Doc it was a great pleasure meeting you and going for a ride with you. Thanks for your kind words about the bike. With your help I was able to join a group of matured riders for this ride. It was very hard for me to catch up with you all even being on a 600cc bike. I am just a beginner with the ZX6r and there is lot to learn and these kinds of rides will help me to understand my bike better.

Met Arunabh and Aman, it was pleasure meeting you all. Hope to meet again for a ride.
Old 25th November 2014, 12:14   #3593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was very hard for me to catch up with you all even being on a 600cc bike. I am just a beginner with the ZX6r and there is lot to learn and these kinds of rides will help me to understand my bike better.
You were doing great bro. Always ride within yourself. If something does not feel right, it probably isn't. That is a serious bike you have under you, so listen to it, and give it respect. Push naturally. Not to catch someone or not get left behind or stay on someone's tail if you cannot. Personally I can tell you that on every ride (maybe not such short 200 km breakfast ones, but the longer 500+ km ones) there will be highs and some lows. Highs as in the bike and you are in sync, getting the apexes perfectly, positioning and cutting through traffic effotlessly, playing the gearbox smoothly, bike running great, you feeling great. Lows as in your energy level dips, concentration dips, you start making small mistakes, getting left behind or not being able to hold on, or maintain the gap, bike and you not feeling in sync, confidence levels dipping, self doubt. Don't push then. Ride it out.

Last edited by ebonho : 25th November 2014 at 12:32.
Old 25th November 2014, 15:48   #3594
BHPian

Quote:
It has been quite a while since we had our last meet. The MH Mega Meet is being planned sometime in January, so that is quite some time away. Few bhpians were present for the IBW Chai-Pakoda ride to Supa yesterday. It was a sunday well-spent. How about meeting this sunday, Nov 30th and going for a drive/ride to some place nearby?
I am in! lets meet up!

When: Sunday, 30/11/2014 Early morning
Where: All options open! Opinions please.
What: Meet and Drive!
Old 25th November 2014, 17:10   #3595
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
I am in! lets meet up!

When: Sunday, 30/11/2014 Early morning
Where: All options open! Opinions please.
What: Meet and Drive!
Great !

Breakfast meet/drive is an excellent option. Where? Rajmachi, Pawna Lake, Panchgani, Kamshet?

How are the road conditions in the Pune-Mulshi-Amby Valley-Lonavala-Pune route?

Last edited by //M : 25th November 2014 at 17:12.
Old 26th November 2014, 13:52   #3596
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet - Breakfast Meet & Drive: Sunday 1st Feb 2015!

Thanks for the words of wisdom and I will take care in future.

Quote:
You were doing great bro. Always ride within yourself. If something does not feel right, it probably isn't. That is a serious bike you have under you, so listen to it, and give it respect. Push naturally. Not to catch someone or not get left behind or stay on someone's tail if you cannot. Personally I can tell you that on every ride (maybe not such short 200 km breakfast ones, but the longer 500+ km ones) there will be highs and some lows. Highs as in the bike and you are in sync, getting the apexes perfectly, positioning and cutting through traffic effotlessly, playing the gearbox smoothly, bike running great, you feeling great. Lows as in your energy level dips, concentration dips, you start making small mistakes, getting left behind or not being able to hold on, or maintain the gap, bike and you not feeling in sync, confidence levels dipping, self doubt. Don't push then. Ride it out.
Old 26th November 2014, 15:28   #3597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the words of wisdom and I will take care in future.
Nothing to take care about man. Pardon the pontificating . You were doing great. Lets ride together soon again.
Old 26th November 2014, 16:16   #3598
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Lets ride together soon again.
Doc, how about this sunday?
Old 26th November 2014, 16:26   #3599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doc, how about this sunday?
Looks difficult bro. Dad is getting a cataract surgery on Saturday.
Old 26th November 2014, 16:30   #3600
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks difficult bro. Dad is getting a cataract surgery on Saturday.
Oh, well a ride can wait. Family is the first priority !

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks