Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2012, 21:34   #2746
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Here are the Pictures from my cam.

The Venue

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-tn_dsc_0007.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-tn_dsc_0018.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-tn_dsc_0048.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-tn_dsc_0055.jpg

The BHP Cavalcade

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-tn_dsc_0020.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-tn_dsc_0024.jpg

The 4, 4x4's

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-tn_dsc_0034.jpg

The Photo OP

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-tn_dsc_0039crop.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-tn_dsc_0045crop.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-tn_dsc_0056.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-tn_dsc_0060.jpg

The Parting Group Shot, am attaching both, have kept the file size as large as possible so that you can copy it from here directly.

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0083.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0084.jpg

This was my first meet and it was great meeting all you guys.

@ Siddesh
I had my eyes set on the Off Road track as well, maybe next time we could fall back and indulge for a while.
Off Roadie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 21:55   #2747
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
ahh I am still not out of it awesome meet, around 40 tbhpians from pune and mumbai. After spending hours in scorching heat and awesome lunch @sunny I droped the guys and reached home by 4pm. Switched on the AC and in 2 mins I was like ghrrrrrrrrr..........ghrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks a lot everyone for making it such lovely meet!

Hi TK, me too went off to sleep for a good 2-3 hrs, after my last post. Was really sleepy. Just got up sometime back and want to go out for a long drive now
yogeshnagpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 22:12   #2748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Lovely photos and lovely turnout as well.
Had tea with Guderian, Uday Desai, YogeshNagpal, SuperBee, Rohan (and his father) at 7:30 am little ahead of clover leaf junction. Got delayed by 5 - 6 mins because there was a huge group of super bikes with many Harleys who were on the road and were a sight to see. Guess they were headed towads NH4.
Then drove over to CBD belapur and took the Palm beach road to return home.
Hope the March drive to Bhandardara garners bigger participation.
Hi MX6 - Was nice meeting you. It was a sort of a "Mini Tapri Meet" for Mumbai folks near the clover leaf junction. Lets hope we all can make it to the Bhandardara meet on 4th. Looking forward to that as well. As of now I guess I'm confirmed. Lets hope nothing comes up last moment.
yogeshnagpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 22:13   #2749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
This was my third T BHP meet. The first was at Lavasa steered by MX 6 (?) which was a joint Team BHP Mumbai Pune meet

The second was a photoshoot meet and this was the third. All three were mega meets and got to meet different people at all the three meets.

Got to taste first rides in VW -na not Vento- but Polo (Nawal), Mirca (WAG 7) and the haathi of Guderian ka Toyota Big Fat *** SUV. Really BIG !!

Car of the day was Mitshubushi modded 240 kmph Lancer owned passionately by Amey. The exhaust noise has to be heard man.

Nice to meet old BikeNomad members Navendu Singh and the Doctor after a long time.

My Team BHPian Man Of The Day was Throttle King ! He really steered the meet and hey thanks for the massive breakfast that you arranged for 40 people. Very thoughtful very kind of you man !

Runners up Team BHPians were Guderain and the 5 Mumbai guys who came down all the way from Mumbai. Cheers o you guys !!

Met old pals like Swananda and Dot and a few more. Made many new pals .....

Food at the Sunnny Ka Dhaba was great. We 40 guys monopolised this Dhaba!!

Thanks till we meet again....

PS: The SUV big guys got an exclusive photoshoot as if all other cars were dabbas !!!!

LOL ...
A small correction sir.
Its 214 kmph checked on GPS and not 240 kph. I am sure the Gear Ratios are not capable of doing that even if the engine would be
Old 12th February 2012, 23:39   #2750
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Even though I had been on Sagar's case to remind me about the next team bhp meet ever since the last one at Grand that I missed, this was actually my first meet. It was amazing, great cars (and bikes), and a great bunch of guys (and ladies), nice route, chilled out non stressed progress from one stop to the other, great location, and all topped off by really nice food thanks to the official food wagon! It was a pleasure seeing the obvious pride and care everyone took in their vehicles, the big mama SUV brigade (the Endeavour was especially nice!), the wicked sounding Lancer, the lovely black Baleno (yeah I'm biased - I have a white one at home ), and a bevy of other multicolored sparkling beauties.

Was generally enjoying running in my bike peacefully when two riders on different looking bikes cut in from the Hinjewadi side at Wakad. Picked up speed to catch them and saw that these were the new not yet launched Pulsar 200NS. Was a nice ride tailing them till the toll where we re-grouped and they moved on. Nav soon joined us so I had two-wheeled company from them on. We surely had many heads turning throughout the route thanks to our impressive cavalcade, which I must mention was also some really impressive disciplined formation driving.

Sagar thanks a ton bro for all your efforts, as well as those of so many others (am sorry but I still need to get a handle on all the handles!), to make this meet truly enjoyable. Looking forward to many more with you guys.

Cheers!

Last edited by ebonho : 12th February 2012 at 23:40.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 00:25   #2751
BHPian

Some pics from the meet...

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc02555.jpg

Doc looked splendid with his white Bullet, and we had the pleasure of oggling at them while they rode along for a large part of the Talgaon-Kamshet stretch

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc02645.jpg

Time for some much-needed pohe and patties! The ice-cold Thums up was perfect too!

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc02653.jpg

The meet attracted some serious attention!

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc02685.jpg

It's time to turn and stare, while the beauties line up for the shoot

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc02691.jpg

The beauties and the beasts

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc02697.jpg

Hum Paanch

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc02704.jpg

And finally, time for some much needed milk and daal-roti

Last edited by siddheshb : 13th February 2012 at 00:27.
siddheshb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 11:08   #2752
BHPian

Another Great MEGA Meet - Excellent!! (Not to forget the small offline meets too)
All thanks to the King - throttle king, for managing it beautifully and also arranging the breakfast!
Coriollis, thanks for the veg puff!
I was starving - Was pestering Maulik to stop and eat. But we did not know the route.

There are lot of beautiful pictures. Please allow me to post some amateur pictures.

Surprise Edition - The pulsar 200NS.
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0002.jpg

Amey's heart. Sorry his lancer's heart. Great car!
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0003.jpg

Line-up after toll naka
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0005.jpg

Pete'd Baleno and the Thumper
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0009.jpg

Pete'd Baleno
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0010.jpg

Line-Up. My Mamba protruding its nose.
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0012.jpg

The King's new toy.
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0013.jpg

Siddeshb's Machine.
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0017.jpg

Throttle King
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0019.jpg

Swanand and nanduchitnis sir.
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0022.jpg

Another Line-up
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0024.jpg

The Thumper
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0025.jpg

MonaroCV8's Fortuner
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0026.jpg

Meeting Point.
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0033.jpg

The Pathfinders.
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0036.jpg

My Mamba with Amey's Wicked Lancer.
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0037.jpg

MonaroCV8 and his ride.
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0041.jpg

Siddheshb
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0044.jpg

Subodh and Dot
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0046.jpg

Amey and his Lancer
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0047.jpg

Maverick79
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0048.jpg

ThrottleKing and Maverick79
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0052.jpg

Reclaiming Life.
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0055.jpg

Wanna mess?
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0058.jpg

Ajay Satpute
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc_0060.jpg

Sorry for the erratic photography. I had a long range lens attached. So, distance was an issue. Lot of photographers would be putting up beautiful pictures ahead.

Thanks!

P.s: siddheshb - Would require your email to send your pictures.

Last edited by mikon : 13th February 2012 at 11:10.
mikon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 11:13   #2753
Senior - BHPian

What a meet!

It really turned out to be a MEGA meet. Almost all of the confirmed and some from the tentative list joined in to make it a grand meet. Most folks have already written detailed reports, so I will let the pictures do the talking.

Special special thanks to Sagar (TK). Sagar managed everything pretty well starting from the most critical meal of the day, the Breakfast. Thanks a ton to Abhijit(coriolis) too for the tasty veg puffs. Headmasterji (Maverick79) also played an important role in making sure everyone is present at the right place at the right time.

Thanks to selfdrive, Sajo(how the hell did I miss you man) and sukiwa for at least coming and saying Hi to the convoy. We missed you guys. BTW, do you guys notice the pattern here.

Meeting point # 1: Opposite CCD, just before CC.

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00168.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00169.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00170.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00171.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00172.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00174.jpg

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 13th February 2012 at 11:20.
ajay_satpute is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 11:30   #2754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Report & Pics:
Our collective stomachs were craving for some much needed breakfast and the organizer had made some special arrangements for us. We followed him to be led to an empty piece of land with no signs of a dhaba or a restaurant. I was a little too hungry and pop came out a bunch of big bags from the Safari. Sagar - Throttleking had woken up early in the morning to cook breakfast for all 35-40 of us. It was a great gesture and all of us were so thankful to him. Its not everyday that we come across humble people like him. A big thanks to you Sagar for this. And shridhar.s.i had bought us some delicious Pattice from a bakery. A big thank you to both the guys for taking care of our breakfast at their own personal expense!!
Thanks a lot Kiran. And I was not surprised when I got a call from Abhijeet a night before, to check if he should get veg puffs from Santosh Bakery!!! I think the combo made a perfect breakfast for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Throttleking - Thanks for the lovely breakfast. Just at the time when stomachs started growling.
I knew it, and hence the effort. But it was worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
Special thanks to you throttleking. The pohe were lipsmacking to say the least !!! really appreciate your efforts man!!!! Unanimously we say "jamlay barka tula" !!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Honestly Sagar, Thanks a bunch man.
Looking forward to the next one.
Ho jamlay, Thanks a ton guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Sagar thanks a ton bro for all your efforts, as well as those of so many others (am sorry but I still need to get a handle on all the handles!), to make this meet truly enjoyable. Looking forward to many more with you guys.
Cheers!
Doc, glad you made it man. It was lot of fun. Somehow those long green things weren't spicy enough, next be assured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
Here are the Pictures from my cam.
All you shutterbugs there, Please please send me the pics of my Safari, i haven't take a single pic my camera, and need to post a initial review asap, need pics in original from all of you.

email my Safari pics on emails.sagar@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
There are lot of beautiful pictures. Please allow me to post some amateur pictures.
Gautam, what are you saying man, those are some amazing pictures, i really loved them, keep them coming and please mail me the some of my Safari pics on emails.sagar@gmail.com
throttleking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 11:32   #2755
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for pictures(makes up for not being along full time). Can some of you put names to faces in group photos? We can ask some moderator to edit those posts to add names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Selfdrive, ojas and Sukiwa had to head home due to other commitments.
We three managed to continue our chat after convoy had left meeting point #1. We spotted your old Palio 1.6 on road & Sajo noticed that it had 'L' board :-(.
Old 13th February 2012, 11:40   #2756
Senior - BHPian

What an amazing meet, this one turned out to be.

Special thanks to the following members:

1. Sagar (Throttleking): you are hereby elected as the official co-ordinator for all such mega meets. What a lovely way to handle such a large convoy, and making sure all goes as planned. The breakfast was the icing man! Hats off to you for this kind gesture. .

2. Dotty (Abhijit): For planning this meet. This one again, has turned out to be a mega one.

3. Amey: That Lancer is wicked (searching for the Devil Smiley!). Yours and Abhijeets efforts can be seen. Must have been such a pleasure to let her go on open roads. Dont you ever let that one go! And if you ever plan to - let us know!

All the members who turned out for the meet. Special mention to the Bombay guys for coming all the way. Im sorry, but its impossible to remember all the handles, but one I distinctly remember is Guderian! Was good to meet you after a long time, HG!

Met some old friends like Nandu Sir, Ajay, Shri, Maverick, Kiran, Amey, Amit and made some new friends too. (Not including the guys who work with me! We meet on a daily basis ).

I did click some snaps, and shall upload them, once I reach home in the evening.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 13th February 2012 at 11:42.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 12:00   #2757
Senior - BHPian

Meeting point # 2: After the Toll booth, near Talegaon.

We were joined here by the members from the PCMC and near by areas, viz. ObssesedbyFiat, ironshark, coriollis and others. We also had a surprise guest at this point. Nikhil S(founder of Motocafe and a senior XBHPian) was test riding the new Pulsar 200.

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00180.jpg

Hiii, Hello, How are you, ...

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00181.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00182.jpg

The beauty

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00183.jpg

Nikhil and his ride, the new Pulsar 200

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00184.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00185.jpg

Headmasterji in action

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00186.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 12:01   #2758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post

Car of the day was Mitshubushi modded 240 kmph Lancer owned passionately by Amey. The exhaust noise has to be heard man.
+1 to that. Lancer was indeed COTD. But exhaust Noise? Nope, It was exhaust music , perfect music for a perfect meet, Like Rehman dishing out some soulful music for the petrolheads' meet.

Already waiting for the next meet.

: Sharing a link for a photography site which I found useful & quite a few were interested in:
Photography Tutorials & Tips
Useful guide to start with. Also, for Canon Fans:

CHDK Forum , For Modding their Cameras through software hacks.
Mods, Please excuse me for being OT, but thought it worth sharing here as all the attendees for the meet will be following this thread.
Old 13th February 2012, 12:23   #2759
Senior - BHPian

Meeting point # 3: At the entry point to Pawana dam after Kamshet.

The Mumbai convoy was already waiting here (for God knows how long). We were greeted by Guderian sir, Uday, Off-roadie.

Off-roadie's Scorpio in foreground

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00189.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00191.jpg

Hi, Hello, continued...

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00192.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00193.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00194.jpg

Satyen dada

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00196.jpg

Sagar's Safari

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00197.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00198.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 12:33   #2760
Senior - BHPian

Halt # 4: We halted at this place before moving on to the final rendezvous point.

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00208.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00209.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00204.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00205.jpg

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc00207.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks