Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 17:55   #1681
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
@Monaro: Sounds like a wonderful plan there mate! You've actually sorted the entire issue out!
And as they say in our good ol land- Good on ya Mate (Please imagine the accent there).
Hee hee...no worries mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Mezza9 is a nice place alright...except that Swanand needs to be in Kothrud for some time and Monaro etc. will be happier joining closer to the cuty centre. Bavdhan works for all. Let's meet up first and then decide.
Bit of an irony, when the thread title says 'Pune "Tapri" meet' and we end up in a place like Trikaya

Anyways, heres the final plan for city siders - we (myself + Maulik) will be reaching Motocafe at around 7.30 pm.
Others coming from the city, do let me know, I shall PM u my mob. no.
Got the Android working for this.
See u there...
cheers

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 21st July 2011 at 17:59.
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 18:11   #1682
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Sorry for my rustic question but who will be there at M9 first ? And how will we recognise the other fellow members ? Rather we have to stand next to our rides since they will be stickered right ????

@Monaro - Since we are meeting here at 7 , we probably might have to go to a tapri since M9 may not allow us in. We ain't gonna give him no dough mate !!! (Translated - we are not planning dinner there right
Old 21st July 2011, 18:25   #1683
Distinguished - BHPian

Ambi- Swanand and I are on our way now. Amitwlele is also leaving.

Coming in a cappucino beiege Laura and a reddish orange (forget the name!) Vista resply.

See you there. PMed you my number.
Old 21st July 2011, 18:27   #1684
Senior - BHPian

Till what time you guys are at M9? I will start from Ph3 at 715 so I could be there by 730 or 740, if you guys are planning to leave by then, I will say a hello at Trikaya. The place stone's throw from my home!
Old 21st July 2011, 18:55   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Anyways, heres the final plan for city siders - we (myself + Maulik) will be reaching Motocafe at around 7.30 pm.
Others coming from the city, do let me know, I shall PM u my mob. no.
cheers
Hey, I will be at Moto Cafe around 7.30 as well. Pls sms your number.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd July 2011 at 21:34. Reason: Removed Cell number on request
Old 21st July 2011, 19:06   #1686
BHPian

We've left for motocafe Nr Trikaya
See u guys there
Old 21st July 2011, 20:17   #1687
BHPian

Were going to Garden court. If anybody's looking for us...
Old 22nd July 2011, 07:16   #1688
Senior - BHPian

Had a wonderful time last night after finally deciding the destination for the dinner.

Most of the guys in the confirmed list met up at Mezza 9 at 7 PM. Headmaster took the attendance and found a couple of students missing. We were there till around 7.30 PM and had cutting chai at Mezza 9 ( ok opposite to Mezza 9). The darban at the gate of Mezza 9 i am sure was puzzled when he saw all the Vento's, Laura, City, Vista parking in Mezza 9 and going to the Tapri to have Tea. Over tea it was decided to move towards Trikaya in Bavdhan as other guys Monaro, jogi dada, Maulik, Ajay, Selfdrive were game for the meet in the city.

@sajo - Did you spot us from your office yesterday in Mezza 9. We actually waved at you.

@Ninja Talli/Ambivalent - It was good to meet up with you guys. Hope you are able to complete the meet dinner next time around.

So the caravan - Swanand, Noopster, Mikon, Remington, Maverick moved towards Trikaya. We were joined by Monaro, Ajay, Jogi Dada, Maulik and another round of discussion ensued to decide on the place. Generally there was a consensous that Trikaya is not a place for a boisterous T-BHP group and is more fitting for a candle light dinner with your loved ones. So once again the caravan moved towards Garden Court.

All the rides were parked and then detailed analysis was conducted of the rides:

Monaro's new pete box, Mauliks in car entertainment, Mikon's alloys and sound, Aj nagpurs alloys, Boot space comparison between Maverick's Manza and Monaro's Octi to decide which one would be best suited as a getaway car to carry the heist.

After this exhaustive discussions settled down to have drinks and food later to be joined by Jealous Diamond (who appeared to be exhausted by all the extra work that he has to put up in office) and selfdrive (mentally exhausted after the recent accident).

Post dinner everybody took a shot at taking a round in selfdrive's Nano and seldrive obliged everyone. Thanks mate.

All in all a wonderful night spent. Great to meet up old and new BHPians once again. Sorry no pics from my side. Maybe Monaro can do those honors.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 07:43   #1689
Distinguished - BHPian

Great meet-up. Maulik's ICEd 90hp Punto and Monaro's Peted Octy- that I TDed yay!- were the stars of the show for me. In all the excitement left my laptop bag in Swanand's car and now am typing this out painfully on wifey's phone!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 09:45   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Had a wonderful time last night after finally deciding the destination for the dinner.

Most of the guys in the confirmed list met up at Mezza 9 at 7 PM. Headmaster took the attendance and found a couple of students missing. We were there till around 7.30 PM and had cutting chai at Mezza 9 ( ok opposite to Mezza 9). The darban at the gate of Mezza 9 i am sure was puzzled when he saw all the Vento's, Laura, City, Vista parking in Mezza 9 and going to the Tapri to have Tea. Over tea it was decided to move towards Trikaya in Bavdhan as other guys Monaro, jogi dada, Maulik, Ajay, Selfdrive were game for the meet in the city.

@sajo - Did you spot us from your office yesterday in Mezza 9. We actually waved at you.

@Ninja Talli/Ambivalent - It was good to meet up with you guys. Hope you are able to complete the meet dinner next time around.

So the caravan - Swanand, Noopster, Mikon, Remington, Maverick moved towards Trikaya. We were joined by Monaro, Ajay, Jogi Dada, Maulik and another round of discussion ensued to decide on the place. Generally there was a consensous that Trikaya is not a place for a boisterous T-BHP group and is more fitting for a candle light dinner with your loved ones. So once again the caravan moved towards Garden Court.

All the rides were parked and then detailed analysis was conducted of the rides:

Monaro's new pete box, Mauliks in car entertainment, Mikon's alloys and sound, Aj nagpurs alloys, Boot space comparison between Maverick's Manza and Monaro's Octi to decide which one would be best suited as a getaway car to carry the heist.

After this exhaustive discussions settled down to have drinks and food later to be joined by Jealous Diamond (who appeared to be exhausted by all the extra work that he has to put up in office) and selfdrive (mentally exhausted after the recent accident).

Post dinner everybody took a shot at taking a round in selfdrive's Nano and seldrive obliged everyone. Thanks mate.

All in all a wonderful night spent. Great to meet up old and new BHPians once again. Sorry no pics from my side. Maybe Monaro can do those honors.
Thanks To all the guys present at M9. I was indeed glad to make acquaintances of Remington,Mikon,Amit,Swanand,Ninja,Noopster,Maveri ck. I do hope I can make it to dinner the next time. I also spotted BHPian anilsanil (which is my guess) on the highway. It was a Figo with rims and LTD on the behind. I did not follow T-BHP protocol of honk honk flash flash. But then there was lots of traffic too where I spotted him. So could not say Hi or even wave since he too was busy negotiating traffic.
I sure felt bad to have missed out all the fun. I am waiting to see the pictures. I did take a couple of pictures on the cell phone but as it turns out they are not really uploadable and too dark. So I don't think I will be posting those.

Last edited by ambivalent_98 : 22nd July 2011 at 09:49.
Old 22nd July 2011, 10:29   #1691
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Amit for the nice report.

I missed the first part of the meet and also missed a chance to meet Ninja Talli, Ambivalent and others. But there is always next time.

I am so glad I could make it to the 2nd part of the meet. We had a superb time at Garden Court. All of us spent around an hour just checking out each BHPian's car inside out and discussing about various mods and alloys.

My favourite alloys have to the alloys on the Figo of AjNagpur. Damn good. Monaro's Octi's alloys looked almost like the Beamer's alloys except for the logo. The Pete's box discussion was the most interesting of all. Can't belive Monaro is getting better FE after Peteing his Octi.

It was really nice to meet the new members, Aj Nagpur, Maulik, JogiDada.

All in all, a great meet. Waiting for photos.

Cheers!

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 22nd July 2011 at 10:34.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 10:56   #1692
Distinguished - BHPian

Great meeting up with you guys. Damn my boss - had to sit up till 9 to finally figure out the task I had to do was not possible at all with the tools in hand. Finally shot off a mail - almost put in a statment accusing him of being the reason to miss a T-bhp meet

Still, would love to continue this habit - probably a breakfast meet as one of the guys suggested earlier? But please keep it on a weekday - can't make myself getup on a weekend

@ajay_satpute - next time definitely!

Quote:

What a pity. Now that's a missed opportunity!

Quote:
Next meet - my responsibility to be the shutterbug!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 22nd July 2011 at 11:18. Reason: Added inputs
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:15   #1693
Senior - BHPian

What a lovely meet it was. All those who came - Thanks a lot.
1. For coming after office hours.
2. For accepting the change in plan at the last moment, just because I had some work in the other side of town. I am greatly humbled by this gesture.

Now, the meet began at Mezza9, where Noop, Ambivalent, RemingtonSteele, NinjaTalli, Amit, Maverick and I met (have I left anyone out?). The general discussion was the rides and the ways to be spotted (RemingtonSteele, this one's specially for you mate). After having tea at a tapri, we decided to head towards Bavdhan where Monaro, Jogidada, Ajay and Maulik would join us.

On the way, called Selfdrive and informed him of the change in plan. He immediately promised to visit. Same was the case with our ever enthusiastic Jealousdiamond. This guy came all the way to Garden Court from Hinjewadi, only to drive to Vishrantwadi (which is roughly 30kms from the hotel).

I did miss the entire checking out of rides et al because of my work, though after joining the guys again, we did have a gala time. Most of the talk was highly gibberish, except for Monaro's Pete'd Octi giving a better FE and the TD's that followed.
Selfdrive was actually generous to allow everyone of us a ride in the country's most talked about hatch. We even suggested that he start collecting money for the ride .

All in all, a lovely meet. We did discuss the prospects of a drive, that would happen soon. Lets hope, within a week or two.

So people, with this, I end the report on last nights meet, and request others to start pouring in with possible destinations for the drive.

P.S: No snaps were taken, as most of us came from office.

EDIT: Oh, BTW, Noop and I were able to spot a BHPian while leaving for Bavdhan. He was right next to us all the way till the flyover. Silver Santro . UP 16 passing. He has been spotted many a times before, but this time we actually asked him if he was a BHPian. He did nod in the affirmative, but also mentioned that he wasnt a regular. Forgot his handle. Sorry.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 22nd July 2011 at 11:22.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:27   #1694
BHPian

It was a lovely meet and was great catching-up with you guys in person.

Thank you guys for making me feel comfy in my very first meet, I was @home from the 1st minute itself; as a result got some new friends.

@monaro looking forward to the pics from you. Please mark the handle names in the pics you upload.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:30   #1695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most of the guys in the confirmed list met up at Mezza 9 at 7 PM. Headmaster took the attendance and found a couple of students missing. We were there till around 7.30 PM and had cutting chai at Mezza 9 ( ok opposite to Mezza 9).

So once again the caravan moved towards Garden Court. All the rides were parked and then detailed analysis was conducted of the rides:
I missed both these sections of the meet and hope to meet up with the guys who didnt make it to Garden Court soon
As for checking out your rides, I have already threatened/ warned Monaro CV8 that any of his rides could be stopped at sight!

Quote:
My pleasure mate, I dont know when I will get to drive the Nano again. Most probably the Jazz will be back to glory by this evening.
I found it quite funny that no one dared to drive it out of the safety of the parking lot!

Quote:
Selfdrive was actually generous to allow everyone of us a ride in the country's most talked about hatch. We even suggested that he start collecting money for the ride
Dude, everyone else already paid for the go kart ride; only you are left to pay up

Quote:
All in all, a lovely meet. We did discuss the prospects of a drive, that would happen soon. Lets hope, within a week or two.
So people, with this, I end the report on last nights meet, and request others to start pouring in with possible destinations for the drive.
can we start with planning a breakfast for this weekend in Kothrud? Are we guys up for Saturday morning? I guess everyone would like to wake up later on Sundays.
If we go ahead with the Saturday morning plan, my son will join in too.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks