Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2011, 09:15   #1501
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Now that the monsoons are around the corner, we should make some opportunities of driving together around the wonders that the Western Ghats offer this time of year

Yeh kaunsa wala beige hai yaar?! I always thought it was white. In Skoda's books - and perhaps yours too - I will be termed as colour blind. We should compare it with some cars' interiors for my satisfaction
Yes team. We should plan on drives. The season is just here.
Same with me Selfdrive, for some reason I remember Swanand's laura as a white one.It was too dark in the parking lot,could be one of the reasons
I have seen his car in his profile, it is indeed cappuccino beige.
Tejas, I have taken only one pic and that is yours with your car. No others pics.
Old 29th May 2011, 09:23   #1502
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
The guy (oneself) in the last pic with the leopard on his t-shirt was hilarious to the say least. It was fun.
Yes man - we could hear him right here in Mumbai !

*running for cover*
Old 30th May 2011, 11:47   #1503
Senior - BHPian

Posting a little late, but better late than never.

It was a GREAT meet on Friday. Wow!! Had a really good time. The oldies and newbies gelled up quite well and then there was fun riot all around.

Once things started going down the throat, the decibel levels started going up. Especially the guy in the last photo was the most audible of all.

Since the number was quite high, the group got divided into smaller sub groups. Ofcourse unintentionally! I was surrounded by Swanand, Subodh, selfdrive, turboholic, fiat_tarun and Dhaval joined us later on. Since, Dhaval, fiat_tarun both have Puntos, FIAT and Fiat's cars was the topic of discussion for long time.

Then me, moralfibre, dot, jealousdiamond and the "most audible" person discussed about the pros and cons of i20 (mostly cons). I asked moralfibre the most cliche of the questions: "How did you become a distinguished BHPian?". The answer was ... forget it.

A special mention to Tejas. What a job man! Looking at your ride made me feel like I know nothing of automobiles. All the best for your future endeavors.

People also hovered around Subodh's Vento's ICE for some time. That ICE, I must say, is the talk of the town right now.

Overall, a fantastic turn around and absolute gala time. We missed the following BHPians:

1) Noopster (Dont worry Anoop, I don't think you're avoiding me)
2) Amit Lele
3) Reinhard
4) Sudharshan
5) Maverick sir
6) Shridhar
7) neoonwheels

and many more.

Let the fun keep flowing like this guys.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 12:35   #1504
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for a great report ajay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

We missed the following BHPians:

. Are you still saying that after I failed to acknowledge your spotting at the Baner signal? I guess Swanand showed you the BBM then.

I picked up my family from the bus stop (you spotted me after we'd had a quick bite at MickeyD's Aundh) then went home. I was hoping to get away quickly for half an hour and see the Bavdhan gang but my elder nephew suggested a game of Scrabble. Since he is my "pet" coudn't refuse. By the time it was done, Swanand had BBMed me that the convoy had moved on to Grand, which is too far for me.

To top it all, I got thrashed at Scrabble
Old 30th May 2011, 13:04   #1505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

I picked up my family from the bus stop (you spotted me after we'd had a quick bite at MickeyD's Aundh) then went home.
McD at Aundh...man my office is bang opposite the McD. We could have met easily. Next time do ping me if you land in McD on a weekday.
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:48   #1506
Senior - BHPian

People, rains are here. Time to go to Mulshi/Sinhagad/Mahabi or anywhere!

Come on! Pune - Mum meet is hapening, but still, lets plan our good ol Pune drive meets.
Suggestions for destinations please. As usual, we shall shortlist one and finalise on a date. What say Punekars?
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:51   #1507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
People, rains are here. Time to go to Mulshi/Sinhagad/Mahabi or anywhere!

Come on! Pune - Mum meet is hapening, but still, lets plan our good ol Pune drive meets.
Suggestions for destinations please. As usual, we shall shortlist one and finalise on a date. What say Punekars?
Great idea Swanand, been itching for a drive for a long time now. I hope the monsoons have set in.
Here is the first roll of the dice

Proposed date: June 19th/ 26th (Sunday)
Departure time: early AM
Return time: Late afternoon/ evening

Proposed destinations: Mulshi/ Sinhagad/ Bhor/ Mahabi/ other please add

Votes:
1. selfdrive - 19th or 26th OK - Mulshi/ Bhor OK - (a bit bored of Mahabi & Sinhagad)

Please add your names & votes for both the date & destination
Old 3rd June 2011, 12:03   #1508
Distinguished - BHPian

We have to avoid Sinhagad. There was a report in the papers today that some roadwork is underway and it will not be completed before the monsoons.
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:07   #1509
Senior - BHPian

I am in.irrespective of what date it is. As noopster suggested we should avoid sinhghad.
Old 3rd June 2011, 19:24   #1510
BHPian

Sunday and Sinhgad or Lonavala is a bad combination for many reasons.
I am in for this drive too unless I go out on a hike/trek the same day.
Old 4th June 2011, 13:48   #1511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

Overall, a fantastic turn around and absolute gala time. We missed the following BHPians:

2) Amit Lele
3) Reinhard
4) Sudharshan
5) Maverick sir
6) Shridhar
7) neoonwheels

and many more.

Let the fun keep flowing like this guys.
Vow!! That was really a great meet.
I missed your roll call badly!!

Was completely caught in a whirlwind with
1. A new boss.
2. Change in the excise duty norms.
3. Poor sale.

Was in the office till your meet concluded and then left home on that day. Was working since 23rd without a break.

However, I missed this meet and with a very heavy heart, I may miss the 11th meet too, as my sister is getting married on 12th June in Hyderabad.

Have a great time folks and keep uploading the photographs..

Take care and Happy motoring..
Old 6th June 2011, 13:32   #1512
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
We have to avoid Sinhagad. There was a report in the papers today that some roadwork is underway and it will not be completed before the monsoons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Sunday and Sinhgad or Lonavala is a bad combination for many reasons.
I am in for this drive too unless I go out on a hike/trek the same day.
Been to Lonavala Last saturday. it is equally crowded with lot of traffic. Visitors parking their cars in front of shops while shopping adds to congestion.
Old 6th June 2011, 17:32   #1513
BANNED

Dear all , I am in for

1) any daytime meet/drive

2) I am principally against any rip-off ( read, onwards 500 Rs/person ) dinner/ lunch thats not what my taste is , I believe in friendly atmosphere & not posh places anymore ( seen it enough )

3) I am avoiding the Pune/Mumbai mega meet because of rip-off charges & late night outings ( cant do it for some time now > have obligations that cant be avoided ) 950 is way too much just for the heck of it , there could have been alternatives ,but ok let it go now .

Making it clear as all of you are my friends & you will understand better .

Sudarshan
Sudarshan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 12:40   #1514
BHPian

I'm in too. Not sure about the dates, but any venue is ok to me.

Votes:
1. selfdrive - 19th or 26th OK - Mulshi/ Bhor OK - (a bit bored of Mahabi & Sinhagad)
2. SankalpDesai - need to check on dates - any destination is ok (first Pune meet)
Old 8th June 2011, 13:08   #1515
BHPian

Votes:
2. SankalpDesai - need to check on dates - any destination is ok (first Pune meet)
3. Subodh Kulkarni - I vote Mahabi. Have been there quite a lot but still the drive there is something to cherish every time!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks