Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 11:59   #241
BHPian

Here's something i found ! ( I love google )

Quote:
Parasailing at Vanasthalipuram
For those who love adventure sports, and want to soar in the skies may pursue parasailing in the Nadrigul Air Field, Nagarjuna Sagar Road, Vanasthalipuram, Hyderabad. One can parasail, taking in the panoramic view of the twin cities while at a height of 500ft for a good 8 to 10 minutes. This recreational activity will be manned by professional crew at the site which means you can be a novice at Para-sailing! So, kick your feet off the ground and sail in the skies!
Please contact 1-10-38/2, Plot No: 13 & 14, Prakash Nagar, Begumpet, Hyderabad- 16 for further details.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 18th January 2010 at 12:05.
Old 18th January 2010, 12:03   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Here's something i found !
I'm interested !!!

Btw just updated the HVK Meet Thread. Date fixed for 20th. Venue to be finalised.
Old 18th January 2010, 12:41   #243
Senior - BHPian

Parasailing

I do not know if they are still active. I did the parasailing about 10 years ago at that location courtesy a friend who knew the guys who were organising the thing. You are basically towed by a jeep and the view etc are hyped up.

Nevertheless it is a great experience. We must find out how much it will cost - both per ride and as a time contract. Let me call my pal and get back on this.

Cheers,
Old 18th January 2010, 14:01   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Arun

Me and Neera are game for a overnighter to Suryalanka Beach Resort on Feb 13th.

If someone else too are game, this would be a nice drive, beach aspirations will be fulfilled and some great food ( prawns et.all) to make it a nice memorable valentine day.

What say folks? Do you think this idea will work? If yes, need to decide by this weekend and book the rooms as they get filled up pretty fast.

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th January 2010 at 14:02.
Old 18th January 2010, 14:58   #245
Senior - BHPian

Hey Avi and troupe, Me too game for Suryalanka for the Valentines' weekend...ofcourse with my family
Old 18th January 2010, 15:39   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hey Arun

Me and Neera are game for a overnighter to Suryalanka Beach Resort on Feb 13th.

If someone else too are game, this would be a nice drive, beach aspirations will be fulfilled and some great food ( prawns et.all) to make it a nice memorable valentine day.

What say folks? Do you think this idea will work? If yes, need to decide by this weekend and book the rooms as they get filled up pretty fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hey Avi and troupe, Me too game for Suryalanka for the Valentines' weekend...ofcourse with my family
Since it is a good long weekend, how about some other beach? The facilities in Suryalanka are nothing to write home about. What about something near Rajahmundhry / vIZAG
Old 18th January 2010, 15:48   #247
BHPian

Avi, are you sure this is a "family" place? from what I hear from my paanwala, it seems like a bachelor's dig.

but then my paanwala has been proven wrong before.
Old 18th January 2010, 16:00   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Avi, are you sure this is a "family" place? from what I hear from my paanwala, it seems like a bachelor's dig.

You gossip with your paanwala but I thought you were a teetotaler
Old 18th January 2010, 16:09   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Since it is a good long weekend,
Long weekend? I remember it being the standard length man.......you sure?
Old 18th January 2010, 16:21   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Since it is a good long weekend, how about some other beach? The facilities in Suryalanka are nothing to write home about. What about something near Rajahmundhry / vIZAG
Let us look at the alternatives that would offer us better facilities: Goa, Kovalam, Mahabalipuram, Cannes, Canary Islands, Rio, Mauritius, Phuket, Hawaii, ......now it is a problem of plenty!

The beaches are a long drive from Rjy and Vizag's beaches are rocky hence unsafe to get into the water. Balasore and Gopalpur are reputed to have awesome beaches but the drive would be too long. Longer given the condition of roads at Orissa's extremeties.

Quote:

Your paanwalla is confused between Vodarevu (Chirala) and its Sip and Dip resort and Suryalanka (Bapatla) with its APTDC resort. In fact even the Sip and Dip place did not seem too bad last time we looked (April 2009). The best resource for Chirala/Bapatla is the Hydeez - almost everyone has been there and we have also had a drive to Chirala last year.

Check out my travelogue at: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1146387-post28.html. The meets thread of April also might have some info.

Clean rooms, clean water, decent beach. Reasonable food options within 20 km. It is not the Cote D'Azur but is within reach.

Cheers,
Old 18th January 2010, 16:44   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, Suryalanka is a nice place " even" with family. Their beach is extremely neat and APTDC resort seemed quite nice with hut type accomodation. And, its a nice 325kms drive too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Long weekend? I remember it being the standard length man.......you sure?

As Ravvs pointed out, Suryalanka is the nearest beach destination from Hyderabad which is decent. Chirala may be not that good.

Arun, is there a way we can pull strings for acco at APTDC resort ( just incase we dont get rooms?)

Shall we do the confirmation count down game?
Old 18th January 2010, 17:41   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
You gossip with your paanwala but I thought you were a teetotaler
for someone so conversant with defence matters, I though you would understand what paanwala means ;-) quoted from BRF acronym

Paanwala (BRF Dictionary)

Quote:
when a member posts something like "My paanwala says that ..." or "According to my paanwala, ...", it means that he or she is reporting some unofficial information which cannot be independently verified at the moment. Sometimes the information may be true or it may just be an empty rumor."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Your paanwalla is confused between Vodarevu (Chirala) and its Sip and Dip resort and Suryalanka (Bapatla) with its APTDC resort. In fact even the Sip and Dip place did not seem too bad last time we looked (April 2009). The best resource for Chirala/Bapatla is the Hydeez - almost everyone has been there and we have also had a drive to Chirala last year.

Check out my travelogue at: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1146387-post28.html. The meets thread of April also might have some info.

Clean rooms, clean water, decent beach. Reasonable food options within 20 km. It is not the Cote D'Azur but is within reach.

Cheers,
Rav - my paanwalla spitted his juice and reconfirmed your hunch.
I am on for whereever you guys decide. Beach - that sounds fun!!
Old 18th January 2010, 20:28   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Alright, seems like we have churned up some decent numbers. I am starting the confirmation game

Where : Suryalanka Beach Resort
Distance : 650 kms ( up and down)
When : Feb 13, 2009
Time : 6:00AM
Return to Hyderabad: Feb 14, Evening

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008+1
2. Absynthguzzler
3. Pulsar56
4. Ravveendra + 1
5. Milecruncher + 1
6. Getsurya + 1
7. Adzegeek

Total Headcount : 10
Rooms Required : 5

Whoever else is interested, please add your name to above. It would be one heck of a fine weekend with all of us splashing in water

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th January 2010 at 20:29.
Old 18th January 2010, 20:45   #254
BHPian

avi
my headcount is 1 + 1(adult) + 2 kids
Old 18th January 2010, 21:07   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Alright, seems like we have churned up some decent numbers. I am starting the confirmation game

Where : Suryalanka Beach Resort
Distance : 650 kms ( up and down)
When : Feb 13, 2009
Time : 6:00AM
Return to Hyderabad: Feb 14, Evening

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008+1
2. Absynthguzzler
3. Pulsar56
4. Ravveendra + 1
5. Milecruncher + 1
6. Getsurya + 1
7. Adzegeek

Total Headcount : 10
Rooms Required : 5

Whoever else is interested, please add your name to above. It would be one heck of a fine weekend with all of us splashing in water
Avi, I would suggest booking rooms tmrw itself if possible, as they get filled up real fast. Tentative booking for 7 rooms should be good. I would also suggest car pooling
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks