Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 15:34   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

@Raj, i have been dying to try out the MMTS. Guys, dont be surprised if i emerge out of a crowded MMTS train in my borrowed Kurta and self pyjama which would be completely crumpled with sweaty arm-pits.

At least i am going to be safe from the dangers of our roads. Anyone getting ittar? Would need it for my sweaty arm-pits...heheh!

@Nag, congrats on toiling your way to half century. Now you can lounge around in shifting gears amidst the non-stop ramble of this thread

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th March 2009 at 15:36.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:41   #722
BHPian

Ot

I have started a new thread on Hyderabad traffic and road conditions: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...outes-etc.html

Some of you know that I am wary of "road afar" or "road not recently travelled". There is a story behind it. I totalled my Hyundai Accent 3 years ago after hitting the road divider in front of Karkhana PS. Though I was high on an energy drink that day, I still believe that the main reason for the accident was the fact that I was completely new to that road and did not expect the road divider to suddenly appear in the middle of the road seemingly out of nowhere. That's why I always gather intelligence on the road conditions if I have to attend a party in an unknown place.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:48   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
My bad. The plural was used since its going to be unlimited. So it means only one chicken Kebab.

Exactly my point. But sadly, people out of Hyderabad relish the chicken biryani more than mutton which is quite sad. Rajesh bhai, you need to develop the taste of actual biryani pretty soon or you will have to be satisfied with Chicken Pulao all your life.... More on it this evening!!!

Raan sounds good but it needs to be garnished with you know what.

As mentioned in my menu post, lets keep it simple and not cram too many dishes. So we can decide on any one item. I am not particular ( unless somebody are) as Patthar ka Ghosh and Raan both sound quite good

Btw, lets drop the fancy word " Caterer". The right word here is a khansama. We are getting a cook and provide him with supplies and he does the honours.

When i mentioned Veg Kebabs, i meant the same what you described. It can be either in round shape or the sheek ones.

Omigosh!!! from a drive meet this thread is turning out to be a food thread...LOL
Veg seekh is passe, every eatery has it. The shammi is rarer.

Pathhar ka gosht too is pretty easily available. The raan however is not, even if it is on the menu, one has to have a pretty large number of people to share so it is not ordered often.

To keep it simple I suggest the following run:

1. Mutton Raan
2. Chicken tangdi / haryali kebab (like those chicken cafrael things)
3. Veg kebabs
4. Veg Biryani/pallav
5. Mutton biryani
6. Salan
7. Raitha
8 Double ka meetha / Shahi tukda. (Bidisha can educate us on the difference between the two and their finer points.)

Man does not live on cars alone! The drive is often much pleasanter when one knows that good things await you at the destination.

Cheers,
Old 19th March 2009, 15:59   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
To keep it simple I suggest the following run:

1. Mutton Raan
2. Chicken tangdi / haryali kebab (like those chicken cafrael things)
3. Veg kebabs
4. Veg Biryani/pallav
5. Mutton biryani
6. Salan
7. Raitha
8 Double ka meetha / Shahi tukda. (Bidisha can educate us on the difference between the two and their finer points.)

Cheers,
+1 to the above menu. Only thing i would like to add is Meetha Pan and Hukka to be made available during the entire course of the Ghazal.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:03   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Only thing i would like to add is Meetha Pan and Hukka to be made available during the entire course of the Ghazal.
Sir, and where would you spitting out that Meetha Pan that you so plan to consume during the entire course of the ghazal? Receptacles to be ordered, or would it be the swimming pool that's in the terrace?
Old 19th March 2009, 16:03   #726
BHPian

Guys,

I am going Non-Veg, I think after reading all the posts on menu, I will not be able to help myself stick to Veg.

@ram, sorry about that...but I will support you on choice of Veg...
Old 19th March 2009, 16:03   #727
BHPian

Quote:
@Raj, i have been dying to try out the MMTS. Guys, dont be surprised if i emerge out of a crowded MMTS train in my borrowed Kurta and self pyjama which would be completely crumpled with sweaty arm-pits.
personal experience once and only once in the mmts ,we guys took it from hi tech city station to go to s'bad station for the suryalanka train.

bought 1st class tickets ,train comes in after 30 mins of waiting(later got to know the frequency is 30 mins) unlike in mumbai where it comes every 3 -4 mins.

when the train finally arrives ,see ladies compartment filled with guys,2nd class ticket holders in 1st class ,no clue of the ticket checker

get pushed into the 1st class dabba by the crowd and get pushed out at s'bad station again.

jai ho MMTS!
Old 19th March 2009, 16:11   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Sir, and where would you spitting out that Meetha Pan that you so plan to consume during the entire course of the ghazal? Receptacles to be ordered, or would it be the swimming pool that's in the terrace?
My bad chief!!! Metal receptacles also to be arranged.

@ Avi: I'm offering my services on the event day for being the Sous-chef and be the official food taster
Old 19th March 2009, 16:27   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Avi, please note, Spittoons to be arranged.

Actually this is the only extra curricular that I haven't indulged/inculcated ever, hence that comment. My bad Anirudha. Abhi maaf tho kar hi dho yaar.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:29   #730
BHPian

a) Spittons
b) Hukka
c) Gajra
d) Horse

yaar now dont tell me you guys want chandramukhi from the movie devdas
Old 19th March 2009, 16:33   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
a) Spittons
b) Hukka
c) Gajra
d) Horse

well why not? (need not be from devdas though and definitely not from that period).

Lets take up this in PM with the host. (Avi do the needful )
Old 19th March 2009, 16:40   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Avi, please note, Spittoons to be arranged.

Actually this is the only extra curricular that I haven't indulged/inculcated ever, hence that comment. My bad Anirudha. Abhi maaf tho kar hi dho yaar.
MC, looks like you didnt catch the sarcastic tone there. Sorry Suren Bhai, i need to spell it out. Spittoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Lets take up this in PM with the host. (Avi do the needful )
Whoa Whoa! Where did you get the idea that i am the host?

I am an humble,out of work, interested to provide fun for others and self organizer
Old 19th March 2009, 17:10   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
well why not? (need not be from devdas though and definitely not from that period).
Or do you guys want the Chandramukhi from the Rajini Kanth starrer movie which goes by the same name. I mean in full form. Would that help? Picturize that you naughty bachelors.

Last edited by suren181 : 19th March 2009 at 17:11.
Old 19th March 2009, 17:15   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MC, looks like you didnt catch the sarcastic tone there. Sorry Suren Bhai, i need to spell it out. Spittoons

I'm a simple man with a simple mind. I don't get subtle hints especially when they are related to things of fun. Anyways since I'm heart broken I think I'll skip the Ghazal meet.
Old 19th March 2009, 17:16   #735
BHPian

Quote:
I'm a simple man with a simple man. I don't subtle hints . Anyways since I'm heart broken I think I'll skip the Ghazal meet.
Sorry da Chickoo, didn't know you would take it to heart. If your not going me too not going ok?

Now I fell for it eh?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks