Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 11:57   #586
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Thanks for the pics! Nice day for a good meet with awesome weather and the way we went trying to find a location!! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you!!
Old 16th March 2009, 12:02   #587
Senior - BHPian

Wow awesome pics

Awesome pics guys, keep em coming!

Thanks all of you for your snippets and teasers! I am still catching my breath after that awesome meet. (Besides I am still digesting the one K.M. that I swallowed up). I might have something to add soon.

BTW thanks all of you who have given me feedback on my poor/bad driving habits and style. I seriously intend taking driving lessons from Prabu! Awesome technique man. I wanted to watch him and was able to do so for a few km before my car got hungry.

Cheers,
Old 16th March 2009, 13:31   #588
Senior - BHPian

Last one during lunch
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad : March'09 Drive Meet-p3150053.jpg  

Old 16th March 2009, 15:42   #589
Distinguished - BHPian

A Short Report- Best Hyderabad TBHP Drive Meet

It was a wonderful meet guys, Biggest turnout in terms of number of people, cars for a TBHP Hyderabad Drive ever

Meet, so Vikarabad will certainly go into history book just for this stupendous reason. The weather god was kind on us and it was perfectly cloudy, slight drizzle now and then with some nice breeze blowing at most times. We couldnt have asked for better weather during this peak summer season to help us enjoy better on this drive meet.

There were quite a bit of new faces including people joining along with tbhp members and hope they all enjoyed the meet as much as we all did. Hope to see you folks next time around too.

It was for the first time that we actually "did' something on a meet and it was all thanks to Hillram. It was great fun to try out all that equipment including Archery, Fishing Tackle, Air Pistols, Dartsboard etc. That was a super decision Ram!

What a breezy drive it was and everyone stepping on the gas seeing the inviting empty stretch of highway.Prabhu was driving like a pro and Brajesh Bhai was his usual speedy self, tempting me to overtake and then pass me at speeds which are meant for flying and not driving.

I was content to be in 3rd place behind these two top-notch drivers.

I dont know if anyone noticed, we covered 70+ kms in less than hour despite slowing down and re-grouping a few times during our onward journey. Except for a couple of mis-fortunes ( Raveendrra and Sai Thakur) wherein one wiped out a milestone and other unfortunately went under a suddenly braking lorry.

Sai has to replace the front bumper, bonnet and the windshield. Sorry Sai, to know about this incident. I guess this misfortune to a good driver is nothing short of a freak accident. Hope your highway beast will get back in shape in no time. Other than these incidents,it was a great drive meet.

On Second thoughts, we need to really control our urge to gun the engine seeing the results offlate of drive meets. Yes,Yes, i know you will first point the finger back at me. Ok guys, i will behave myself during the next meets.

Lot of jokes, camaderie,anecdotes, singing songs, executing the plan for our next ghazal meet on April 3rd etc was fun undescribable. However, the spot at the lake was the centre of attraction and we should plan for a meet again to the same location probably during early monsoon when it's beauty would be at it's best.

Some folks stood out during this meet. Let me quickly highlight them and why !

a) Suren was his usual funny self. I dont know if we can have ever have a great meet without him. Hats off for knowing and singing so many Hindi songs despite that language not being your first language. Cool !!!

b) Devnull was a revelation on this meet, he was quite fast in his Red Chevy Spark and also for prompting/singing most of the songs while we were having our lunch

c) Downsouth for bringing along the car of this meet- Brand New glistening "Fiat Linea"

d) Prabhu and Sai Thakur for consistently be part of our drive meets despite being NON-TBHP Members. Really awesome! Respective friends( Zen91 and Suren181), please pass on the message to them

e) Hillram, Ofcourse for bringing out all that equipment and also for patiently teaching all newbies how to use them. Also, his yellow cedia sport was visible from a kilometer

f) Fazal and Devidas Bhai for bringing in a distinguished presence,sense of maturity ( since we all were super-excited and were behaving immaturedly ) and for taking the onus of arranging for an exotic ghazal meet for all of us shortly.

Fazal Bhai sent me an SMS this morning which read as follows " Thanks for the lovely day. Please convey the same to the rest of the rocking group. Fazal and Devidas"

g) Last but not the least, all the ladies who came along, hope you enjoyed yourself and we were glad to have you with us ( Please pass on the message to them- Guys, they need to know that we really appreciated the company, so you can get away next meet too ( with or without them)...LOL)

During our drive back towards Hyderabad, our plan to stop at a dhaba for lunch was mixed reaction-Frustrated,Funny,Confusing, Angry etc since hunger was spreading its message rapidly in our stomachs and no sign of an eating joint.

After some frantic search for close to 40kms that we came across "Tawwakal Dhaba" where the food was quite good good except they fleeced us by charging us some exorbitant rates for dishes that were below average. Our hunger pangs overtook our sensibility. A nice lesson we learnt, next time let's bring in the sensibility over the hunger pangs

Return drive after the heave late lunch ( which we completed at 5pm) was a breeze and i was dozing off due to several long stops due to traffic jams at Langerhouz.

I enjoyed a nice cat and mouse game with Pulsar56 who was testing his Zen on my Viva, good driving their Nazim, Keep it up. But, there was one close call you had when you overtook me from left and their was a
white car taking a U-Turn. I thought you will go into it, seems like your brakes are good. Dont take such risks and drive safe.

After that point, it was me and Rider60 chugged along in heavy traffic to reach Himayathnagar at 7:30pm.

Thanks to everyone for coming and making this meet a wonderful, fun and event-filled day. We don't seem to get bored of each other and that is one of the reason we keep planning our next meet even before the one we are in ends.

I am little pre-occupied at work, so thought of quickly writing out a short report. Will try to post my end of the pictures soon.

As Getsurya rightly coined it-----------Hyderabad TBHP ROCKS !!!!
Old 16th March 2009, 16:51   #590
BHPian

B E A U ....beautiful

what an event

It was a scene worth capturing and putting in the good books of "SWEET MEMORIES", it was a wonderful meet, it being a first drivomeet for me, big kudos to"Weather" which was picture perfect, especially near the lake, it was like a frozen frame of beautiful art.

we guys had great time on road and off roads, with the witty one liners of Brajesh Bhai, and ad hoc singing talents of Suren and company.

I really enjoyed the drive guys, I'm compressing the pictures, will upload it once its done.

in the second thoughts, there are couple of things I would like to mention, I thought in Drives we all follow a queue and maintain momentum and maintain safe driving speeds, but I felt it was like a drag race, showing off the beasts and driving prowess at a wrong time, I saw couple of them overtaking very rashly, not waiting for the signal to overtake, squeezing in the convey making the followers adjust to the speed levels, and few trying to overtake from left, where there was no room for such adventure. if we remove those flaws I guess ,the drives would be even more delightful and enjoyable,my 2 cents, apologies if it offends anyone.
Old 16th March 2009, 17:02   #591
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that you guys had fun. I was wondering what took you so long to come online today!
I'm sorry to hear about Ravveendra's and Sai's mishaps---hope their rides get ship shape soon.
My comments are in bold below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

During our drive back towards Hyderabad, our plan to stop at a dhaba for lunch was mixed reaction-Frustrated,Funny,Confusing, Angry etc since hunger was spreading its message rapidly in our stomachs and no sign of an eating joint.

After some frantic search for close to 40kms that we came across "Tawwakal Dhaba" where the food was quite good good except they fleeced us by charging us some exorbitant rates for dishes that were below average. Our hunger pangs overtook our sensibility. A nice lesson we learnt, next time let's bring in the sensibility over the hunger pangs.

Well, I'd mentioned in one of my posts that the nearest decent dhaba is half way back. All Seasons has been tried and tested by me twice---only issue is that they don't have a table that can seat 20 guys.

Return drive after the heave late lunch ( which we completed at 5pm) was a breeze and i was dozing off due to several long stops due to traffic jams at Langerhouz.
I'd advised you guys to take the ORR, which is only 5 kms longer.

I am little pre-occupied at work, so thought of quickly writing out a short report. Will try to post my end of the pictures soon.
Good excuse---but I guess we know the real reason!
By the way, I guess it must be mind-boggling for a newbie to remember the names of all the members---it gets more confusing when they come to know that a guy having 'Pulsar' in his user name actually owns a Zen, and another guy having 'Zen' in his handle owns an Ikon 1.6 !!!

Last edited by vnabhi : 16th March 2009 at 17:06.
Old 16th March 2009, 17:07   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post

@devnull, I had to overtake the spark on 3rd gear! amazing drive there man! Wait until the Esteem engine goes in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post

i totally agree with you on devnull ,the guy did reach the extremes of speed with his chevvy today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

b) Devnull was a revelation on this meet, he was quite fast in his Red Chevy Spark and also for prompting/singing most of the songs while we were having our lunch
Thank you, thank you! That's quite a set of compliments considering the biggies those are coming from. Wait till I tell these to Miss. Chamko (Oh yeah, I talk to my car. Everyday.) Avi, for the singing part, the credit should entirely go to Suren bhai. Even I was surprised by my singing in such a gathering coz am normally very shy about that. But with Suren bhai belting out such classics one after the other, it was difficult to control myself from joining him. Suren bhai, hats off!

But while it feels manly enough with such compliments on my speed, I am not sure if I'd like to come back with that impression in the next drive. And none of us should. It's quite sad to know about Sai's accident after what was such a wonderful meet. I mean think about it, between 18 cars and a span of 8 hrs, we had two accidents and almost all of us had some really close calls. Certainly all of that can't be the faults of others on the road. For all the talk we had before the meet on how we would contro the speeds, it all fizzled out into the nice Sunday breeze the moment we started from ORR. I am not trying to be all preachy here coz I myself was part of this crime. And yes, it is a crime coz not only are we putting ourselves at risk, but we are putting the lives of others using the road at risk too and we have no right to do that no matter what community we are representing, what cars we have. I think we really need to act on this strictly from the next drive onwards and have a proper set of rules for this and this time it's serious. At least from my side, you have my word that I won't cross the limit anymore even if that means I lose track of the rest of the convoy.

But anyway, I don't intend to divert this thread to a serious tone now. It certainly was an awesome meet and yes, WE ROCKED to the core!
Old 16th March 2009, 17:21   #593
BHPian

Looks like the gang had some great time ... Wish I was in Hyderabad ... Would have attended this one for sure ...

Great going guys ...
Old 16th March 2009, 17:35   #594
BHPian

Vroooom Vrooom ....Scrreeeeech!........Gulp.....Bang Bang.....swooooosh....thunk!...Ayo rama!....aah who cares, just knock it over ......gobble gobble.......the mating calls that shooed away the targets.....Vrrrooom Vroooom....Screeeech Bang!

That basically sums up the day!Well,i missed out on ZZzzzz and I'll come to that as well.So here goes

Vrooom Vroom
Prior to Sun,my weekend's escapade had actually started on Fri itself and was stuck at office whilst the T-Bhp crew was refuelling their systems at the Hampshire. I so wished i was present there just to take the mickey.Talk about culture clashes and the hotel sums itself up . The owner is a Punjabi ,he starts a chain with a British name , then serves up the hyderabadi crowd with Ghazal Performances.

"Top of the morning mate, I was down at the Hampshire listening to deshi music. Can you adam and eve it!, kya baat tha puttar!." Alas i missed the chance to experience this feeling.

Not being Fianance oriented meant a basic job took an eternity and got to bed late on Fri night.Come Sat and it was back to office early and being gifted with some lovely news.What to do now? I got to treat myself and accepted to join a few mates at Excess even though i knew it could mess my chances of waking up for the drive!.Had some continental at Yatri Nivas(I seem to have a fetish for experiencing culture clashes, where would you find a desi govt run venue serving good steak,lol.The world is sure beautiful in India).After dinner,I head to Excess (I say a NO to anyone asking for a travelogue)and find the place dry!.

"Dude its only 10:30, fellows will turn up after all other places close at 11".And we were the muppets who decided to shed on liquids instead of hydrating ourself on the cheap somewhere else.To make the night merrier, we decided a round shall not last for more than 2 minutes.The cover charge shall blow itself within 20 mins and then we take over the floor. Sigh! I pity the Bangaloreans..... but HYDERABAD IS ROCKING!! and THE RECESSION HAS AFFECTED CLOTHING SIZES EVEN !!!.Only messing

Oops, I must talk about cars and not "chit chat",so i conclude that the above was a prelude to watching a C180 take a 90degree turn at probably 80-90, only to find a delivery Van parked on the wrong side, the shining silver streak turns into a sore sight atop the fence.Ah i must say ,Excess has a beautiful open air lounge with a good view to watch all cars come by(and top up on nicotine).

Come 4Am and we're all tired.We conclude that there is no place open to venture on, but for the coffee shop at Taj and the other evens. I hate places that charge a fortune whilst serving on simple white china, only to burst my bubble,the waiter indicates to me that the plate's underside has Pure Gold writings.I'll never venture into these places unless I'm able to kick their undersides just like the plate does to my ego.Mr Raveendra and Mr Himanshu, can we sue them hotels for unnecessary mental stress?

Right, back on track,I reach home at around 6 practically sobered up by the coffee but decide to hit the bed asap.I had to make it for the Sunday drive and not miss out like the Friday.Decided to set up the worst alarm tone i got on my mobile just to force me out of bed.

Come 9' , i was aaraam se still lying in bed thinking this is Hyderabad T-bhp! no way would we be leaving so early on a sunday and give Avi a call just to say "wassup".

Avi : Morning Arun , where are you, We're all waiting for you only!
Arun : Acha cool , so where are you guys ?
Avi : Step on it dude!, where are you ?
Arun : On TankBund,no issues I'll be there in 15-20 mins.

Right, time to get my skates on and make use of the 20mins Ive bought myself!.Find my trousers for the car keys , find my wallet , hold on!.... I need a shower after last night!.Got myself sorted and got driving in bout 15 mins flat.Luckily the dogs didnt run out, pure coincidence that for some reason,they were just staring at me whilst the gate was open for their safari.They probably were shocked to see me up so early, lol.

Avi : Dude where are you ?
Arun : I'm by the SD hospital flyover dude ? i cant see you guys
Avi : We're right here waiting for you.
Arun : Right no issues, i'll catch up at the Police Academy,maybe thats a better spot.
Avi : Himanshu and Srikanth should already be there
Arun : Cheerio

I crank, zip, weave, honk, light up ,huff and puff and put the music on full blast to wake me up proper only to beat Avi's Convoy to ORR. The music sure helped me stay awake and this became the mantra of the day.Im sure the lot would have thought it was about blinging around, but heck, i aint complaining if something is helping me drive with my eyes open!After all i had bout 6 hours sleep in 2 days with some serious hydration and dehydration!
hmmmm, the way this is going , i think ill be writing a whole booklet.i best stop, get back to work and carry on with the other chapters in the evening.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 16th March 2009 at 17:41.
Old 16th March 2009, 17:37   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Looks like the gang had some great time ... Wish I was in Hyderabad ... Would have attended this one for sure ...

Great going guys ...

there is a mehfil night proposed on the evening of 3rd april ,hop in there

rest assured its gonna be one of a kind.

ofcourse there will be lot of lunch/dinner/movie meets as a build up to that
Old 16th March 2009, 17:48   #596
BHPian

Excellent Meet and by far the best, if I had to rate.The weather was lovely and it came in on the right day.The uncertinity of the location(Anantagiri Hills) and the drive thereafter till the lake was the best part..thanks YashRaj for taking us all to this place.

The ending was unfortunate(For Sai), with the Innova meeting the truck from the back. I saw the Innova in my car's rear view mirror and was like shocked to see this damage on Sai's car . Sai is a very good driver and for the last 22 years that I have known him, he has never had an accident with another vehicle. It was one of those very bad days for him to have an accident, which I would term it as a freak.

He has given the vehicle to the dealer today morning for the repairs. I am sure his ride would come back to its original form very soon.

Raveendra was kind to stop and enquire on the help required, fortunately nothing happened to the engine/radiator/chasis or the tyre and we were able to take the vehicle to Sai's house.

Like all of us he is also very emotional with his car and when I called him up at around 10.30pm, he was sitting in front of his car, admiring it, for not letting anythig happen to him.

Can't believe that the Laura took the entire mile stone, as it looked as if a car has touched a cyclist, as it had one of two dents on the NUMBER PLATE..Raveendra, you don't drive a car, you drive a TANK!!

Wish that we do not have such unpleasent incidents in our next drive meets..by the way when is our next drive meet??
Old 16th March 2009, 18:21   #597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I was wondering what took you so long to come online today!
If your not aware, for a change i have to work to make a living

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Thank you, thank you! That's quite a set of compliments considering the biggies those are coming from. Wait till I tell these to Miss. Chamko (Oh yeah, I talk to my car. Everyday.) Avi, for the singing part, the credit should entirely go to Suren bhai
Ofcourse, Suren was the leader and you followed suit. Kush? No kidding, both you guys were great!

Suren bhai, where are you? Sab log aapke itne taarif kar rahe hain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Avi : Morning Arun , where are you, We're all waiting for you only!
Arun : Acha cool , so where are you guys ?
Avi : Step on it dude!, where are you ?
Arun : On TankBund,no issues I'll be there in 15-20 mins.

Avi : Dude where are you ?
Arun : I'm by the SD hospital flyover dude ? i cant see you guys
Avi : We're right here waiting for you.
Arun : Right no issues, i'll catch up at the Police Academy,maybe thats a better spot.
Arun, so that was a devious plan hatched by you to beat us to the final meeting point. I will add this trick into the black book for my use sometime in future..LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
by the way when is our next drive meet??
Brajesh bhai, that's a seriously tempting question that your asking.

Knowing how crazy we are you may get an answer that it's planned in a week or two.
Old 16th March 2009, 19:08   #598
BHPian

Quote:
there is a mehfil night proposed on the evening of 3rd april ,hop in there

rest assured its gonna be one of a kind.

I would be back in town on 30th. So, I should be able to make it for the mehfil.
Old 16th March 2009, 19:37   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Rajesh, you mean our annual weekly meets?
Old 16th March 2009, 21:23   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

1st Part- Vikarabad Drive Meet Pictures

I plan to post the pictures in a few parts. Here are the first lot of them. Enjoy !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad : March'09 Drive Meet-dsc_5696.jpg  

Hyderabad : March'09 Drive Meet-dsc_5703.jpg  

Hyderabad : March'09 Drive Meet-dsc_5704.jpg  

Hyderabad : March'09 Drive Meet-dsc_5705.jpg  

Hyderabad : March'09 Drive Meet-dsc_5706.jpg  

Hyderabad : March'09 Drive Meet-dsc_5721.jpg  

Hyderabad : March'09 Drive Meet-dsc_5727.jpg  

Hyderabad : March'09 Drive Meet-dsc_5753.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks