Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2009, 22:26   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
No tax cuts from your Salary?

dont even go there dude! the folks studying in college would have more pocket money than my salary this time.hehehe

bank mein daaka daale kya to survive the next 2 months.
Old 2nd March 2009, 22:35   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
dont even go there dude! the folks studying in college would have more pocket money than my salary this time.hehehe. bank mein daaka daale kya to survive the next 2 months.
A few hours ago, someone decided to donate >30% of my salary for the upliftment of my company. So i am right now skating on thin ice.

Rajesh bhai, how about that wednesday lunch meet at that shack where you had achari chicken?
Old 2nd March 2009, 22:43   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Rajesh bhai, how about that wednesday lunch meet at that shack where you had achari chicken?
lol.kya din aa gaye hai pandeyji ,ab khaane ke liye bhi hum dono ko sochna par raha hai ,popcorn lunch meet kya.
Old 2nd March 2009, 22:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
lol.kya din aa gaye hai pandeyji ,ab khaane ke liye bhi hum dono ko sochna par raha hai ,popcorn lunch meet kya.
No popcorn.. even that is costly these days! (at least in the multiplexes!)

Let's have a meet at Gur Nihal Dhaba at HiTec City! i want to have those egg parathas again!
Let's put aside our salary discussion to PM's since we are in the same league!
Old 2nd March 2009, 23:09   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

I am game wherever is the lunch meet on Wednesday. Afterall, we live to eat and not eat to live.

If we foodies stop eating good grub, then i dread to think what will happen to our guide. Atleast for other hyd folks, let's sacrifice ourselves and continue to eat at the best places, what say, Rajesh Bhai?
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:16   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Update as on March 3rd :-

March'09 Drive Destination :Anantgiri Hills, Vikarabad
Distance : 150 kms ( Up and Down)
Meeting Point : SD Eye Hospital, Masab Tank
Meeting Time: 7:30 AM

Mar 15th Drive:-
1. Mobike008+1
2. Milecruncher +1
3. AbsynthGuzzler+____
4. Pulsar56 + 1 or 2
5. Ravveendrra
6. Rajesh Rawal
7. Dilip Dongre
8. Zen91
9. Sai Thakur
10. Romyeo4U
11. Devnull + 1
12. Nag + 1

I am dejected to see above the same headcount as on March2nd
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:39   #52
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Folks..Drive Meet this month is not possible on any Sunday.Have my Film Society events all through:
8th Mar-Womens day event : Premier of FIRAAQ..new movie directed by Nandita Das and ND will be present to meet the crowd and do a Q&A,followed by a Coffee brunch at Taj Deccan

15th Mar - Naseeruddin Shan introduces a Documentary Film,followed by a Dinner with him at ITC Sheraton

20th-22nd Mar - International Spanish Film Festival at Imax: Screening of 10 award Winning Spanish Films and the a 7 member team of Actors and Actresses will be present at IMAX during these screening of films to interact with audience.

The first 2 events are on a invitation basis,while the third one is open for public through donor passes.So please spread the word only about the 3rd event.

Coming to Wednesday lunch...Im Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaameeeeeeeeeeeeee !! Those egg paratas sound awesome..can smell already.Im in folks !!
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:10   #53
BHPian

Ok so as pointed out by me earlier on 15th march being ages away ,let me use this thread for our mini meets till we reach the d day.

Wednesday Lunch Meet @ gur nihal dhaba
Time : 1pm
Meeting place -Cyber gateways( gur nihal is in the lane opposite gateways)

Confirmed List:

a) Mobike008
b) Rajesh Rawal
c) Pulsar56
d) Hillram
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:21   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Ok so as pointed out by me earlier on 15th march being ages away ,let me use this thread for our mini meets till we reach the d day.

Confirmed List:

a) Mobike008
b) Rajesh Rawal
c) Pulsar56
d) Hillram

Baah humbug! , I'm hungry right now and this thread is talking about Wed. I'll stick to me subway for now.

Problem is i get lost when i come to this part of civilization!!.flipping groovy cars all around , fuel pumps with hoses hanging from the ceilings!, waiters speaking in english and asking me if i want have the non-fat toppings,girls in clothes you dont see that side , but it gets spoilt with "mallipoo" flowers in the head(in come cases, ),Ghanna juice fellows are charging 10bucks a glass!! oh and last but not least .... i can imagine a T-bhp lunch meet creating havoc at a upmarket kinda restaurant just for kicks!.Im up for it if this is the agenda .
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
flipping groovy cars all around , fuel pumps with hoses hanging from the ceilings!, waiters speaking in english and asking me if i want have the non-fat toppings,girls in clothes you dont see that side , but it gets spoilt with "mallipoo" flowers in the head(in come cases, ),Ghanna juice fellows are charging 10bucks a glass!!
Even a historian would never describe this part of the civilization with so much information! ROTFL.

Quote:
i can imagine a T-bhp lunch meet creating havoc at a upmarket kinda restaurant just for kicks!.Im up for it if this is the agenda .
Gur Nihal Dhaba doesn't come under upmarket kinda restaurant! It's a perfect place for our havoc though!

Last edited by pulsar56 : 3rd March 2009 at 11:34.
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:30   #56
BHPian

Quote:
girls in clothes you dont see that side , but it gets spoilt with "mallipoo" flowers in the head.
hahhaha,this is so funny man ,it reminded me of my first stint at a pub in begumpeth since i moved here.

some of the ladies on the dance floor had coconut oil overflowing and the "mallipoo" flowers soaked into them.

you should have seen the look on my face.( i bet even mr bean couldnt have given a better expression)

part 2: we aint going to any upmarket eating joint ,this place is like a shack but assures amazing food.
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:41   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Gur Nihal Dhaba doesn't come under upmarket kinda restaurant! It's a perfect place for our havoc though!
Quote:
hahhaha,this is so funny man ,it reminded me of my first stint at a pub in begumpeth since i moved here.

some of the ladies on the dance floor had coconut oil overflowing and the "mallipoo" flowers soaked into them.

you should have seen the look on my face.( i bet even mr bean couldnt have given a better expression)

part 2: we aint going to any upmarket eating joint ,this place is like a shack but assures amazing food.
I'm game anyways.We'll make the owner feel he's got to upgrade by asking for chai topped lemon and crushed ice with a wee bit sprinkle of mint, lol.Just you lot give me directions that a non IT person would know . I don't want go past Microsoft's building and check out security at Satyam, then you'll pass the Virinchi software chicks waiting to cross the road and voila , the punjabi dude will greet you with a lassi..

At times like these , im glad its not an upmarket place anyways. I look at people in the office and reject their lunch meets coz they are not tax deductible on my expenses , lol.

Edit : just remembered something else .... Erma Bombeck is like a US comedian and she said that 62% of women initiate their affairs during the lunch hour. I hope this place has women for me to conduct this survey!.Id like to see if they give up their lunch or the affair after meeting me , lol.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 3rd March 2009 at 11:46.
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:46   #58
BHPian

Confirmed List:

a) Mobike008
b) Rajesh Rawal
c) Pulsar56
d) Hillram
e) Absynthguzzler

Directions: Dont know where you coming from Arun,but all you need to do is reach cyber towers( the building which symbolizes hi tech revolution to hyderabad,can also act as being a water tank in the event of water shortage) and call me on 9704611152.(simple aint it)

P.S: i have visited gur nihal for like 2-3 times and no women buddy( hope you are still motivated to make it) they do have a poster of ashwarya rai though

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 3rd March 2009 at 11:51.
Old 3rd March 2009, 12:12   #59
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I suggest you take the road via ORR when you drive to Vikarabad. You'd be avoiding the road-widening work on the Golconda->AP Police Academy stretch, which I found a real pain to traverse in December. My colleague travelled on that road on Saturday, and it is still a pain.
After driving for about 12 kms on ORR from Gachibowli, please take a right turn at the junction near Police Academy. This will merge you with the normal route.

As regards lunch tomorrow, I am working from home, after dropping my daughter at KV, Picket. Will join next time.
Old 3rd March 2009, 12:51   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You took me seriously?.

So what's the menu looks like? I've already started dreaming of the food. Another option is to go to Mandar or 4 Seasons for Biryani?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks