Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2009, 17:26   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Somebody says, even if you dont come to this lunch meet, but do in-put something to keep this thread alive. I think this phrase should be to that person, "body present, mind absent". This thread is blasting to glory!!!!.
Kya Raj, mera naam badnam kar rahe ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
we'll keep 108 ambulance and doctors ready to attend on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Everyone gives a fixed amount of money over to a "Designated". Say Rs 300/- or Rs 500/-.

The designated guy handles all the bill and stuff.
After the meal the bill is split and the Designated guy returns the money (if left over)to the others.
The handed over money must contains atleast 2 fifty rupee notes to make change easy.
Excellent idea. I recommend, the amount to be handed over to be Rs.250 ( please bring along 5 fifty notes) and urge rajesh ( our official khana order karne wala) to ensure the bill is within or lesser that limit.
Old 13th February 2009, 18:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Kya Raj, mera naam badnam kar rahe ho

oops, you spilled the beans!!!! I never mentioned your name. Thats what I was implying earlier also with in quotes.
Old 13th February 2009, 21:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

36 is good

36 = nice place, I went there for _____ dinner sometime last month. Service was great, We sat on their microscopic lawn and the ambience there was great that day.

Snacks / finger food were pretty good, they had lobster that day. By the time we finished with it, we decided to move on direct to dessert.

Cheers,
Old 14th February 2009, 01:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, 350 bucks for lunch buffet is expensive and i prefer somewhere in the 200 bucks range or lesser
I agree.

As already stated by Mobike that it should not turn out to be a long lunch where in we go back to office only to pick up our Laptops and go home.

To reduce the confusion, Buffet will be nice

Also a venue slightly more central will give us folks who have offices in the middle of town also a chance to join.
Old 14th February 2009, 11:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

Thread Hijacked - Billu (Barber?) Mini Meet!

Well, at the rate at which we, Hyderabad T-BHP members are meeting up and spending on fuel (no pun intended, it's only petrol & diesel I am referring to) & food, there are two possibilities - either the economy will never know what is a recession or we will go bust!

Here's a small brief of yesterday's micro-mini-meet for the movie - Billu (heard 'Barber' was 'shaved' off )
Attendees:
Mobike008 + Mrs Mobike
Milecruncher + Mrs. Milecruncher
Rajesh Rawal
Pulsar56

As luck would have it, I was able to leave from Hi-Tec at 7:00 PM after escaping from the prying eyes of the people sitting around me! (Since, I reported at 1:00 PM) And as soon as I come on to the road, the notorious Hyderabad traffic was welcoming with open hands, ready to hug me! I reach the meeting point,mobike's place after struggling for almost an hour. Mobike had sent an inviting PM which made me actually rush to the venue! Reason - to help complete the stage in Uncharted on PS3 where he was stuck! Rajesh was already at Mobike's place savouring the flavor of the game! Soon, Milecruncher+Mrs & Mrs. Mobike arrive just in time to prevent the three petrol-heads already at the place, from getting into deep conversation about, you guessed it right - cars!
After the customory snacks & cold drinks, we reach the theatre at 9:10, just in time for the movie!

The two plus hours spent in the theatre can be described in one word - Torture!

The next two hours were bliss:
While, Rajesh & me were struggling to remember/identify the roads which we were travelling on, Mobike was navigating the white angel like a pro on the streets of Hyderguda and stop at Niagara. Finger lickin' good - I want to take the liberty of poachin' the KFC tagline to describe the Ginger Chicken here. The Tawa Chicken was also very good. I was already suggesting that we change the Monday's Spicy Venue meet to be shifted to this place.
Dinner was followed by PAN at the shop near Palace Heights at the suggestion of Mr. & Mrs. Mobike. I am at a loss of words here... Thanks Avi, this is going to be my hangout for PAN every weekend from now on!

The white angel was driven by Mrs. Mobike on the way back home with Mobike controlling the car with his imaginary clutch & brakes on the passenger seat!

Rajesh & me say our good-byes to the wonderful couple and start off to our respective destinations since it was 1:15 AM already!

OT: When we were at the Khairatabad signal on the way to home, there was this guy on a NHC who had stopped at the red light. This one car had made many more to stop at the signal respecting the traffic rules. This was the only Lane at the junction which had few cars & bikes waiting for the signal to turn green whereas there were still some morons who were breaking the signal and zipping past.
Old 14th February 2009, 13:12   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

My,My what is happening to hyderabad folks. As time passes, i can see some wonderful hidden talents emerge as if it was just waiting to burst out of them, all it needed was a bit of coaxing

Nazim, that's a superb description of what transpired between all of us when we gathered for Billu Barber Meet ( opps, still have the barber hangover even if it was struck off from the title).

May i add, Raveendrra seems to be getting some decent competition from a young kid on the block

Great Job !!!
Old 14th February 2009, 13:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

Ah!!! billu barbar?
I realised yesterday in the evening while watching a trailer that this movie is a remake of Rajnikanth's movie Kathnayakudu(telugu) / Kulesan(Tamil) which was a flop in telugu(I dont know about the tamil one though). Thank god I didnt make it to the movie!!
But Jagapathi Babu's action as the lead role was excellent and the cinematography was superb. I expect the hindi version was also on the similar lines.
Old 14th February 2009, 13:49   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I expect the hindi version was also on the similar lines.
My review on Billu Barber is here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1170624

Pulsar, above link is for movie thread as discussed last night. Keep an eye on it here on.
Old 14th February 2009, 15:18   #39
BHPian

TBHP Stickers

Public..

I just placed an order for the team bhp stickers.anybody else wants to buy them ,do that on the link below..

The Team-BHP Store

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd August 2010 at 18:26. Reason: Updating Team-BHP store URL to the new one. :)
Old 15th February 2009, 00:44   #40
Senior - BHPian

Good show @ Pulsar

Pulsar's write up on the micro-mini (meet - not skirt) was delectable and made me wish I was there (not in the theatre tho)

Keep the ink flowing or rather, keep tapping away at that keyboard of yours @ Pulsar.

Cheers
Old 15th February 2009, 14:03   #41
BHPian

Venue: Spicy Venue (Road No.10-Jubilee Hills)
Time: 12.30pm
Date: Feb 16 ( Monday)

Confirmations:
1 Bblost
2 Pulsar56
3 Getsurya
4 Mobike008
5. Subka bandhu (Rajesh Rawal)
6. Ravveendra
7. Kcstheg (Kashyap)
8. himanshu
9.Romyeo4u
can someone give me directions from Madhapur to the spicey Venue?
Old 15th February 2009, 18:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

Rd. No. 10 - JH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
Venue: Spicy Venue (Road No.10-Jubilee Hills)
Time: 12.30pm
Date: Feb 16 ( Monday)

Confirmations:
1 Bblost
2 Pulsar56
3 Getsurya
4 Mobike008
5. Subka bandhu (Rajesh Rawal)
6. Ravveendra
7. Kcstheg (Kashyap)
8. himanshu
9.Romyeo4u
can someone give me directions from Madhapur to the spicey Venue?
Proceed towards JH & town from Madhapur. Cross Madhapur PS on your left, (ISO 2000 etc. certified - do they give a computer printout receipt for 'baksheesh'?)

Cross Chatees, Pantaloons, Barista etc. Road climbs up - CCD (old - being renovated on your left. Immediately after CCD is the first signal in JH. Take a left.

You have now entered Road No. 10, JH. Proceed for about 1 Km. You will see a road (No.25) on your left (steep one going up) direction board for MCR - HRDI will be seen here. Spicy venue is right after that road on your right.

Cheers & happy driving.
Old 15th February 2009, 20:01   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Proceed towards JH & town from Madhapur. Cross Madhapur PS on your left, (ISO 2000 etc. certified - do they give a computer printout receipt for 'baksheesh'?)

Cross Chatees, Pantaloons, Barista etc. Road climbs up - CCD (old - being renovated on your left. Immediately after CCD is the first signal in JH. Take a left.

You have now entered Road No. 10, JH. Proceed for about 1 Km. You will see a road (No.25) on your left (steep one going up) direction board for MCR - HRDI will be seen here. Spicy venue is right after that road on your right.

Cheers & happy driving.
Clear as crystal, ciao guys @noon
Old 15th February 2009, 20:38   #44
Senior - BHPian

Dear Rajesh aka sabka bandhu, I would really like to come but can only do so if you promise as the organiser its going to be a strictly 2 hour afair and no more.
Old 15th February 2009, 22:28   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Dear Rajesh aka sabka bandhu, I would really like to come but can only do so if you promise as the organiser its going to be a strictly 2 hour afair and no more.
lol.. anirudha we all love our job yaar (its gonna be a 2hr affair strictly) so dont think much just hop in..

i have booked table for 10 there (expandable)

reporting time 12.30pm( appreciate we all showcase a 100% TAT).

OT:@ raveenddra : reading the iso stuff on the madhapur p.s recollected this funny incident ,my boss's blackberry got lost/flicked in shilparaman,so we guys went to file the f.i.r at the madhapur p.s ,my boss had to type his own f.i.r as our cop friends though had a stylish americano accent but when it came to computer skills they were ille poo.

there was this digital screen on top of the lock up cell mentioning it as 'jail' in bright red led lights.

somehow i found the ghanpur p.s more happening..lol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks