Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2016, 16:25   #271
BHPian

Re: General Meet ups in Coimbatore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
Confirmed:

Arun.K - Ciaz.
Guys, If possible, I'll be there by 10 to say hi.
Hi Arun, no worries mate, try to make it as early as possible because I'm not sure everyone has the tummy big enough to eat for 2.5hours. I would suggest you get in touch with Rahul (batterylow) or Prashanth (Asta la vista) via PM so you can exchange phone numbers to be in touch through out. And we have a rocking whatsapp group too. Everyone welcome to join.

And a small update on the timings - it's going to 7:30AM, and not 7:00AM, so that mallumowgli and Arun have the benefit of making it to the meet. Also, waking up half hour later is just so good, so yeah, that too.

Place of meet and date remain the same as before.

Cheers guys,
Have fun.
Old 6th August 2016, 12:07   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta_la_vista View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdm295 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
The dormant Cbe chapter kicked to life with a sumptuous breakfast at Annapoorna RS Puram, over multiple rounds of Poori masala, ghee roast, pongal and the ubiquitous filter kaapi. The topics ranged from education, kids, married life ( with a warning to the unmarried folks) and of course cars.

The food kept coming, the conversation kept on moving and before we knew it, it was past 11 and time to head home. Thanks to all the wonderful folks for making it and Arun for trying to make it but time constraints put paid to that. And to the questions about whether pedal power prevailed, sadly as my handle goes, batterywentlow and had to resort to plan B.

Looking forward to many more meets and drives in the near future.

Cheers,
BL
Attached Thumbnails
General Meet ups in Coimbatore-edit_checkin.jpg  

Old 6th August 2016, 12:15   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
The dormant Cbe chapter kicked to life with a sumptuous breakfast at Annapoorna RS Puram, over multiple rounds of Poori masala, ghee roast, pongal and the ubiquitous filter kaapi. The topics ranged from education, kids, married life ( with a warning to the unmarried folks) and of course cars.

And to the questions about whether pedal power prevailed, sadly as my handle goes, batterywentlow and had to resort to plan B.

Looking forward to many more meets and drives in the near future.

Cheers,
BL
Nice review Batterylow, even nicer to see that the Cbe chapter of Tbhp being revived. I hope this trend continues and we have many more meets and make more friends and meet more Bhpians.

Quote:
Don't know about the others. But I am driving
The Jetta (do you have a name for your car, anna?) looks super cool with that bike rack and even cooler with an actual bike on it. People must have thought " some foreigner's car"

Glad you all enjoyed the meet..!

Cheers.

Last edited by Doc_nikhil : 6th August 2016 at 12:19. Reason: Multiquotes
Old 6th August 2016, 12:33   #274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
... even nicer to see that the Cbe chapter of Tbhp being revived. I hope this trend continues and we have many more meets and make more friends and meet more Bhpians
Thoroughly enjoyed the meet. It was very exciting to see many fellow TBHPians in Coimbatore for the first time. I too hope we have regular meets hereafter and more and more TBHPians join.

Thank you Doc_nikhil, batterylow and Asta_la_vista for taking initiative and reviving this thread.

Quote:
The Jetta (do you have a name for your car, anna?) looks super cool with that bike rack and even cooler with an actual bike on it. People must have thought " some foreigner's car"
Thanks a lot for the kind words

Ha Ha. I do not have any name for the Jetta - just the Jetta. It does attract lots of attention on the road with the bike rack and more so when the bike is loaded. Maybe people are mostly used to seeing bike racks on SUVs, and on a sedan it is a strange sight.
Old 6th August 2016, 12:46   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Doc_nikhil, batterylow and Asta_la_vista for taking initiative and reviving this thread.
Anytime graaja sir. Now the seniors in the group will take care of the meets in the future. Sad that I may not be able to participate in all the meets and rides. Will definitely return soon!!!

Quote:
It does attract lots of attention on the road with the bike rack and more so when the bike is loaded. Maybe people are mostly used to seeing bike racks on SUVs, and on a sedan it is a strange sight.
Yes sir. I actually slowed down to catch a glimpse of the car in my rvm. The low slung nature coupled with the DRLs', the color and the bike rack made the car looking yumm!!!! Pity I didnt have a camera!!! Next time I am going to conduct a proper photoshoot for all the rides!!!!
Old 6th August 2016, 13:12   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thoroughly enjoyed the meet. It was very exciting to see many fellow TBHPians in Coimbatore for the first time. I too hope we have regular meets hereafter and more and more TBHPians join.
Same here - it was wonderful meeting you all (though I was able to spend much less time)

Quote:
to you guys!

Quote:
Anytime graaja sir. Now the seniors in the group will take care of the meets in the future. Sad that I may not be able to participate in all the meets and rides. Will definitely return soon!!!
Not fair to depend on us oldies to organise the meets. Hope the Coimbatore chapter gets more young blood (with more spare time), so that one or the other meets keep happening, and I can drop in sometimes

Next should be a drive-meet.
Old 6th August 2016, 13:16   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Thoroughly enjoyed the meet....I too hope we have regular meets hereafter and more and more TBHPians join.

Thank you Doc_nikhil, batterylow and Asta_la_vista for taking initiative and reviving this thread..
Thank you for that Anna, but Full marks for the reviving the thread are due for Asta la vista and batterylow. I hope to be an active member once I'm back to Cbe/Pollachi circle.

Quote:
Ha Ha. I do not have any name for the Jetta - just the Jetta. It does attract lots of attention on the road with the bike rack and more so when the bike is loaded. Maybe people are mostly used to seeing bike racks on SUVs, and on a sedan it is a strange sight.
It's a sight more awesome than strange. A lot of people are totally unaware of such things and when they see one, they will be racking their brains what they saw.

Quote:
Now the seniors in the group will take care of the meets in the future. Sad that I may not be able to participate in all the meets and rides. Will definitely return soon!!!

Yes sir. I actually slowed down to catch a glimpse of the car in my rvm. The low slung nature coupled with the DRLs', the color and the bike rack made the car looking yumm!!!! Pity I didnt have a camera!!! Next time I am going to conduct a proper photoshoot for all the rides!!!!
You better make yourself available whenever you come down to Cbe for breaks okay? Otherwise somebody gonna get hurt (Imagine Russell Peter's voice here.)

Quote:
Same here - it was wonderful meeting you all (though I was able to spend much less time)

to you guys!

Not fair to depend on us oldies to organise the meets. Hope the Coimbatore chapter gets more young blood (with more spare time), so that one or the other meets keep happening, and I can drop in sometimes

Thanks Mallumowgli, I'm going to be definitely a regular for the meets once I get there. Looking forward to meet all of you guys..!

Cheers guys!

Last edited by Doc_nikhil : 6th August 2016 at 13:19. Reason: Multi quotes
Old 6th August 2016, 13:54   #278
BANNED

As it has been already reviewed wonderfully by batterlow about the meet today there is hardly anything left to say.The only thing I wish to say is a big thank you to batterlow, Asta_la_vista & doc_Nikhil to bring all of us together. Though doc_Nikhil was not present at the meet he had a big hand in conducting it. A big salute to you sir, & last but not the least came in contact with wonderful people & had blast of a time.
Awaiting for the next drive meet.

Cheers! Drive safe.
Old 6th August 2016, 15:56   #279
BHPian

Quote:

I am the youngest member right now, and the newer one too. So all others are seniors to me. Anyways i would be present in all the planning and execution stuff.

And yes, We will have a TBHP meet and drive within this month itslef, before I leave the city.

Quote:
You better make yourself available whenever you come down to Cbe for breaks okay? Otherwise somebody gonna get hurt (Imagine Russell Peter's voice here.)
Yeah I know that somebody is me!! Don't give me false promises!!!

Quote:
The only thing I wish to say is a big thank you to batterlow, Asta_la_vista & doc_Nikhil to bring all of us together.

Whoa!!! Feeling as if I had achieved something!!! Everyone deserves the credit here!!!

And yes, have planned for a TBHP meet and drive/ride within this month. Will update soon!!!
Old 6th August 2016, 16:12   #280
BHPian

Quote:
The only thing I wish to say is a big thank you to batterlow, Asta_la_vista & doc_Nikhil to bring all of us together. Though doc_Nikhil was not present at the meet he had a big hand in conducting it. A big salute to you sir & last but not the least came in contact with wonderful people & had blast of a time.

Cheers! Drive safe.
Vdm295 anna, thank you so much for the compliments, felt good to see all of you meeting together. It was mainly batterylow and Asta la vista's initiation for the meet, very little contribution from my side. And one more thing. please don't call me sir. I'm very much younger to you and I'd prefer you called me by name, anna. Glad you had a blast, let's keep the meets rocking.

Quote:
I am the youngest member right now..

Yeah I know that somebody is me!! Don't give me false promises!!!

Whoa!!! Feeling as if I had achieved something!!! Everyone deserves the credit here!!!

And yes, have planned for a TBHP meet and drive/ride within this month. Will update soon!!!
You are the youngest and the brightest I think.

You have achieved something, Elite Ji. You have woken up the thread, and now it's under your vigil.

Hoping more members start joining us for the meets.

Cheers guys!
Old 6th August 2016, 16:24   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Now it's under your vigil.

Hoping more members start joining us for the meets.
That is a very big responsibility!!! I hope to bring thread a 5 star rating!!!!

We should conduct regular meets atleast twice a month and a short breakfast drive once in a month. A 2 days/1 night mega meet and drive atleast once in 6 months!!!!!

I hope the meet gets bigger and better.

Cheers

Prasanth Krishnan
Old 6th August 2016, 16:34   #282
BHPian

Thanks for the great minds who arranged for this meet. And it was indeed a lot of fun and ghee filled breakfast meet

We should make this regular, and next time we should give some stretch to our wheels as well!
Old 6th August 2016, 17:03   #283
BHPian

Job well done guys. Let's keep up the josh. Though I missed it this time, next time we shall plan a much better one.

Cheers
Old 6th August 2016, 17:20   #284
BHPian

Maybe we can try the mettupalayam road or Sathy road as a starting point and plan a breakfast meet plus a longer trip? Start with a hearty breakfast and then a drive, return, maybe some refreshments and then go home? Prashanth, you gotta initiate this.

Batterylow, please drop the pedal power this time and come with a plan including horsepower
Old 7th August 2016, 00:22   #285
BHPian

Really nice to see the CBE thread alive! No pictures from the meet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks