Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2008, 12:03   #1
BHPian

Pune meetup Call

Hi folks,

I've bought a Furnace Red Fiat Palio Stile MJD SDX. I get the delivery on Dussehra (9th Oct). Since it is not very common to find Stile owners in Pune yet, I was short of opinions on what looks/works/feels good with the car.

I worked out that having a meetup in Pune would let us all have a look at each others' vehicles and modifications, ICE setups etc. and get ideas on what we could do with our own cars.

I suggest a Sunday evening meetup somewhere in a relatively non-crowded portion of Pune would be convenient. Since most people would have their days off on Sunday, they could make it to the meetup. The ones who do not have Sunday off can of course join after work if we have the meet at 19:00 or so. I suppose it would be pretty cool for people to see a whole line of Palios being driven on the road.

We could probably also get custom made stickers to announce our allegiance to this group.

Do contribute with your opinions on date/time/venue and other stuff.

-Ganesh
Old 5th October 2008, 08:23   #2
BHPian

I don't think any team BHPians own Palio stiles, great guns.
Perhaps you can try and arrange a regular meet including non tank owning members!

Congratulations on the new car!

Suhail
Old 5th October 2008, 10:48   #3
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. I own a Stile 1.6 Sports but work in Mumbai. Can't make it to Pune though. Will complete 1 year on 23rd Oct.
Will post an ownership review then. Its a great car and you won't have regrets.
Old 5th October 2008, 11:20   #4
BHPian

There are quite a few Stile 1.1 & MJD owners in Pune. There are also a very limited number of Stile 1.6 on the Pune roads(mine being one of them).

Drop me a PM & will get back to you on a meetup in Pune

Cheers & all the best with the new car!!
Old 5th October 2008, 20:31   #5
BHPian

@Swale: I have read messages from a few people who own Stiles in Pune. Anyway, I am cool to have a meetup with other folks too. We can always compare and review common things like the ICE setups, alloys, filming, mods etc. Do suggest a time/venue.

@Seeler: The 1.6 is quite impressive as I've heard from a number of people. I was quite tempted to buy that but I realised I am going to run 50KM per day so wasn't quite practical.

@Sidz: Sounds good. I dont have the rights to send PMs on this forum yet. Do suggest a time/venue and we can fix something with all interested folks.

-Ganesh
Old 9th October 2008, 19:39   #6
BHPian

Its here!

Yup, I've got it now!
Old 15th October 2008, 17:45   #7
BHPian

Well, isn't anyone interested?
Old 15th October 2008, 21:19   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_guns View Post
Well, isn't anyone interested?
I would have loved to come but I don't own a Palio Stile. :(
Old 16th October 2008, 10:00   #9
BHPian

:)

Well, maybe I should change the title of the topic to "Pune meetup call". Mods, can you please change the title to that??

I guess it would be difficult to find people with Palio Stiles only in Pune but I am open to a meetup anywhere in a non-crowded part of the city as long as I can have some fun and learn a few things.
Old 16th October 2008, 16:02   #10

Why dont you come to the fiat classic Car Club meet at the Grand hotel on Sunday?
Old 16th October 2008, 19:43   #11
BHPian

This is the first time I've ever heard of a "car-specific" Pune meet. Have fun boys. Don't think I'll join in; i have a slightly different "style"
Old 16th October 2008, 20:01   #12
BHPian

Quote:
I guess it would be difficult to find people with Palio Stiles only in Pune but I am open to a meetup anywhere in a non-crowded part of the city as long as I can have some fun and learn a few things.
Is there such a place here in Pune?
Old 16th October 2008, 23:46   #13
BHPian

@Cyrus: That would be brilliant. I even have a classic Premier Padmini (1981 built). Unfortunately it isnt currently in working condition. Could you please PM me the details? I will let you know if I can make it.

@Vikram: Surely it isnt an impossible thing to come across on an auto forum. Anyway, I'm new on this site so am not well versed with the conventions yet. The thread is changed to a non car-specific meet now. How does that sound?

@Vabs78: Yes, there are many such places. One example is the clutch of restaurants on the highway in Nigdi - Golden Palms, Poona Gate etc. With the grid separator in PCMC almost complete, its a smooth drive to Nigdi.
Old 17th October 2008, 09:36   #14
BHPian

Quote:

@Vikram: Surely it isnt an impossible thing to come across on an auto forum. Anyway, I'm new on this site so am not well versed with the conventions yet. The thread is changed to a non car-specific meet now. How does that sound?.
It sounds like something I tried telling you the day you put up this thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
I don't think any team BHPians own Palio stiles, great guns.
Perhaps you can try and arrange a regular meet including non tank owning members!

Congratulations on the new car!

Suhail
Quote:

@Vabs78: Yes, there are many such places. One example is the clutch of restaurants on the highway in Nigdi - Golden Palms, Poona Gate etc. With the grid separator in PCMC almost complete, its a smooth drive to Nigdi.
@great_guns: Another suggestion - I don't think too many people will want to drive all the way to Nigdi, most of the regulars live in Camp/ Kothrud/ Aundh and meets generally happen around Camp or Kothrud.
To get an idea of the general consensus, a poll might be a good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I would have loved to come but I don't own a Palio Stile. :(
Atleast you own a Palio. The rest of us mortals dont have any style at all!
Old 17th October 2008, 11:01   #15
BHPian

LOL Suhail, yes - 'you said so'.

Oh and the restaurants in Nigdi were only a suggestion. I would like people to offer their suggestions too. I am open to travelling to any part of Pune - no issues at all. We can meet at any place that is most convenient to everyone.

Go ahead, what place do you suggest?

Unfortunately, I can't set up a poll because I don't have the right to do so on this forum yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks