Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2013, 13:36   #4396
BHPian

re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Hi dieseldunk - this 11th meet was more on the lines of a short meet for the OMR dwellers/workers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Hi
Please let know if anyone from nearby Guindy is coming for the meet. I am in Guindy near the ind estate and live in saligramam (near last bus stop- saligramam)

Thanks
Hey whats happening.

Groups within groups. So now tbhpians can have meets just for area specific petrolheads.

Well in that case, I propose a meet for those staying in and around Vadapalani.
Diesel dunk - Can I count you in?
Old 11th December 2013, 13:58   #4397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabidansari View Post
Hey whats happening.

Groups within groups. So now tbhpians can have meets just for area specific petrolheads.

Well in that case, I propose a meet for those staying in and around Vadapalani.
Diesel dunk - Can I count you in?
Sure Aabid

I am game if on weekends and early morning weather is very inviting in December.
Old 11th December 2013, 14:57   #4398
Senior - BHPian

Hey, I hope you were not being serious with your comments.

The Chennai meets are a very rare thing and we are putting an effort to ensure that we atleast get a small group of members who work/live around OMR to meet for a start.

Not groups within groups, it will be very childish if we even thought about doing that! That said, this meet is not restricted to any members and its an open invite to any BHPian (or an aspiring BHPian too) to join. It will be great if you could join the meet today

Quote:
Hey whats happening.

Old 11th December 2013, 15:24   #4399

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

The Chennai meets are a very rare thing and we are putting an effort to ensure that we atleast get a small group of members who work/live around OMR to meet for a start.

Not groups within groups, it will be very childish if we even thought about doing that! That said, this meet is not restricted to any members and its an open invite to any BHPian (or an aspiring BHPian too) to join. It will be great if you could join the meet today
So we are on today right? Sharp at 7?
Old 11th December 2013, 15:49   #4400
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I would think

Do we need to share our cellphone numbers over a PM? Just in case, if someone needs help to get to the meeting point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruze'ader View Post
So we are on today right? Sharp at 7?
Old 11th December 2013, 18:16   #4401

Quote:
Yes, I would think

Do we need to share our cellphone numbers over a PM? Just in case, if someone needs help to get to the meeting point!
I don't think I hav the private message feature yet. But I know where the meet is though. Checked it out in the morning.
Old 11th December 2013, 18:53   #4402
BHPian

I guess I am the first to reach. Parked opp side of road from Bank of Baroda.
Old 11th December 2013, 21:42   #4403
Senior - BHPian

So the mini OMR meet happened and about 6 of us met up. Was good to meet new people and talk cars for about 1 hr & 15 min.

There were no great camera's around, so attaching 2 very noisy mobile pics !

Chennai Team-BHP Meets-img_20131211_195721_1611.jpg

From left - sjcherian, Sundhukumar (non member), anachronix, cruze'ader's friend (sorry man, can't remember your name - non member) & cruze'ader.

Another one of us with me at the extreme right.

Chennai Team-BHP Meets-img_20131211_195800_0691.jpg

Star rides were sjcherian's Thar and anachronix's Fiesta S with a lovely exhaust note.

Would love to do this again, next time with the full Chennai group over a weekend. We should start planning right away...
Old 11th December 2013, 23:26   #4404

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
So the mini OMR meet happened and about 6 of us met up. Was good to meet new people and talk cars for about 1 hr & 15 min.

There were no great camera's around, so attaching 2 very noisy mobile pics !
It sure was fun. Wished there were more ppl though. Good time nevertheless. As I have already mentioned to anachronix and sj cherian, we should all have a bigger meet probably by driving down to yelagiri or something.

Waiting for that. It'll be awesome fun.
Old 12th December 2013, 06:48   #4405
Senior - BHPian

Damn I missed it - had some last minute office work which got over by 8:30 , was on my way

I would also recommend that someone please post their mobile numbers publicly - the mods can remove it later that night but coordinating just over PMs is a nuisance, especially given the slow multi-click behavior of the official app
Old 12th December 2013, 09:42   #4406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Damn I missed it - had some last minute office work which got over by 8:30 , was on my way

I would also recommend that someone please post their mobile numbers publicly - the mods can remove it later that night but coordinating just over PMs is a nuisance, especially given the slow multi-click behavior of the official app
We just missed you phamilyman. We wound up around 8.15. Let's get some dates going for the next meet and can share phone no's for better co-ordination.
Old 12th December 2013, 11:16   #4407
BHPian

Quote:

Noted Anachronix.
All the same, it would be great to connect with tbhpians anywhere, but places like OMR etc. are way beyond for many of us, who commute within the city (taking the liberty to speak for many).
This is holiday season, so can we put together a drive meet this month? Mahabs, Marakkam, Pondy, Kovalam, or any of the umpteen seaside places down the ECR.
I would propose a monthly trip down ECR as a formal get-together plan. Don't know if it will work out. But thats what we do for my other non-motor groups.
Any takers?

Hey, btw, good to see you chaps finally making a meet.
Old 12th December 2013, 12:18   #4408

Quote:

Noted Anachronix.
All the same, it would be great to connect with tbhpians anywhere, but places like OMR etc. are way beyond for many of us, who commute within the city (taking the liberty to speak for many).
=======
Count me in already. All the places you've mentioned are great. We could even try a little far away places like yelagiri etc etc.
Old 12th December 2013, 13:15   #4409
BHPian

Quote:
Noted Anachronix.
This is holiday season, so can we put together a drive meet this month? Mahabs, Marakkam, Pondy, Kovalam, or any of the umpteen seaside places down the ECR.
I would propose a monthly trip down ECR as a formal get-together plan. Don't know if it will work out. But thats what we do for my other non-motor groups.
Any takers?

guyz december for me is a no no for outing . I am into Life insurance so any trip planned post 2/3rd Jan I will be all game to be part of

Asides Aabid- How about a small meet up tomm or saturday @ the tea shop.
Old 12th December 2013, 18:12   #4410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
guyz december for me is a no no for outing . I am into Life insurance so any trip planned post 2/3rd Jan I will be all game to be part of

Asides Aabid- How about a small meet up tomm or saturday @ the tea shop.
0900 hrs I'll be there. If you can make it. Maybe a cuppa and a smoke.

Most Viewed