Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2011, 20:05   #3301
BHPian

re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed the meet. Felt right at home talking to you guys. And yes, you are right about boys will be boys. Looking forward to another meet soon. Next time, lets have a bigger group and an even more interesting agenda.
Old 29th January 2011, 20:20   #3302
BHPian

Thanks to Cliffhanger who initiated this meet and also to Praz and Raja Tarus who could make it.
Though this meet was a small gathering and mostly first timers, it was very interesting.
Looks like we belong to the "early birds" category and the late nighers decided to skip this meet.
We talked about everything that had wheels and learnt a lot from each other.
Raja Tarus can sell a Mitsubishi to practically anyone
Heard the amazing driving experiences of Praz and Cliffhanger.
Though all of us and our rides were photgenic, they were all "photoshy".
Hope to meet again with possibly a larger gathering.

HC
Old 30th January 2011, 14:08   #3303
Senior - BHPian

I got held up at the other end of the city and could not make it. I really wanted to meet my ex-colleague Raja Taurus. Sunday would have been a better choice for many people. And don't forget to post pics!
Old 30th January 2011, 17:13   #3304
BHPian

Yup I agree with Ganesan.If it had been on sunday I would have made it surely :-(
Anyway post pictures and keep the meets coming.
Old 31st January 2011, 15:15   #3305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Finally the meet happened with me, Cliffhanger, Praz and Habanero City. Thats two Puntos, a City and a Cedia.
My first meet with Team-bhpians in flesh and blood. Thoroughly enjoyed the time spent. Felt like my good old college days, back in early 80's. Boys are boys, petrol heads are petrol heads - may decades pass! Looking forward to more.
More details from the boys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed the meet. Felt right at home talking to you guys. And yes, you are right about boys will be boys. Looking forward to another meet soon. Next time, lets have a bigger group and an even more interesting agenda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Thanks to Cliffhanger who initiated this meet and also to Praz and Raja Tarus who could make it.
Though this meet was a small gathering and mostly first timers, it was very interesting.
Looks like we belong to the "early birds" category and the late nighers decided to skip this meet.
We talked about everything that had wheels and learnt a lot from each other.
Raja Tarus can sell a Mitsubishi to practically anyone
Heard the amazing driving experiences of Praz and Cliffhanger.
Though all of us and our rides were photgenic, they were all "photoshy".
Hope to meet again with possibly a larger gathering.

HC
I really enjoyed meeting you all. RajaTaurus and HabernoCity, I couldn't resist but to call you both 'Sir'. You both with your experience made us look like petty boys :o). And Praz, it was nice meeting you. I felt like talking to my friend. Looking forward to meeting you all again. May be a drive cum meet. Drive safe guys..
Old 31st January 2011, 15:31   #3306
BHPian

Hey Guys

I would love to come for one of these meets.I have never attended a meet yet!

Do keep me in the picture when the next meet is planned.
Old 31st January 2011, 18:08   #3307
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, am in Chennai till wednesday & leaving early morning thursday. But dont think I will be able to get time off work.

@John, thanks for the directions today morning. Were spot on all the way.
Old 31st January 2011, 20:46   #3308
BHPian

When is the next meet planned for chennai BHPins? I would like to take part in it and liked to be invited for a meet

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 31st January 2011 at 20:47.
Old 1st February 2011, 08:36   #3309
Distinguished - BHPian

Good bunks on Poonamallee High Road ?

Guys, any good bunks on Poonamallee high road for diesel ? I will be taking the Saidapet subway to reach PH road & then heading west towards BLR. Any place outside the city is also fine.

TIA !
Old 1st February 2011, 11:25   #3310
BHPian

Condor! If you are starting from around Saidapet, better option would be to take the guindy, Kathipara, Butt Road, Mount Poonamallee Road or else go via KK Nagar, Virugambakkam, Porur. Are you sure you want to take Poonamallee High Road (connecting Chennai Fort, Central, Koyambedu) to Poonamallee and proceed to BLR?
Old 1st February 2011, 12:11   #3311
Senior - BHPian

Re: Good bunks on Poonamallee High Road ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, any good bunks on Poonamallee high road for diesel ? I will be taking the Saidapet subway to reach PH road & then heading west towards BLR. Any place outside the city is also fine.

TIA !
Better take the GST road to Tambaram, enter the Chennai by-pass and proceed to B'lore. There are 4 good bunks on the way. HP and BP near Radisson Hotel (Meenembakkam), IOC immediately past the Trident Hotel (MBKM again) and Shell at Chromepet.
Old 1st February 2011, 12:51   #3312
BHPian

Re: Good bunks on Poonamallee High Road ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
IOC immediately past the Trident Hotel (MBKM again) and Shell at Chromepet.
IMO, the IOC you have mentioned - Shanthi petrol bunk - is a cheat. I usually avoid that bunk. I myself have few incidences to point out. And my friends have also been telling about their fraudulent activities.

I usually go to Abdul Cader bunk (BP), next to Radisson and before Trident and feel that they are neat. The guys there ask me everytime to see the zero mark before starting to pump petrol.

Shanti petrol bunk once tried with me the usual tactic followed by these petrol bunk guys to fool a customer. I asked to fill up for Rs.500/-. This guy filled up for Rs.100/- and said its done. And when I pinpointed this, he started from Rs.100/- on the reading and went on till Rs.400/- and said he filled up the remaining 400. I was noticing all this and started shouting at him. I even told him that I generally avoid their bunk and only because the BP before Trident did not have stock, I came there. He apologized and filled up for another 100 rupees.

Last edited by callvvijay : 1st February 2011 at 13:06. Reason: To avoid chances of misinterpretation by readers.
Old 1st February 2011, 14:06   #3313
Senior - BHPian

^^ It is a good bunk, I have filled many times there. It is one of the few PSU bunks to issue a pump generated bill. Just ensure zero before you fill, quantity and quality will be good.

But give me Shell any day!
Old 1st February 2011, 17:07   #3314
BHPian

I experienced the same problem as callvvijay in another IOC bunk in adyar..I generally avoid IOC's if not shell the next option would be BP.
Anyway guys who all can attend a meet if kept on this sunday evening.There is not much to do in a beach in morning time.We can meet in some cafe near besant nagar and then we can go to bessi beach.What say?
This is just my view any spot is ok for me but it should not take too much of my cash away.
Old 1st February 2011, 17:29   #3315
BHPian

just a fyi - there is already a plan for a meet in the "exclusive for Tambaram locality guys" thread and it is most likely to happen in the morning.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...se-chip-7.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks