Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 12:37   #3031
BHPian

lol, 9:45 pm. Ok, may be I should catch hold of some one's mobile number. Kinda, i dont know anyone's faces! it is very difficult to identify anyone unless someone holds a Tbhp banner. ok, may be some other time.
Old 26th July 2010, 12:50   #3032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
... may be I should catch hold of some one's mobile number. Kinda, i dont know anyone's faces! ...

...as esteem_lover said, you should have got the mobile numbers of a couple of members, before going to the meeting spot...it always helps.

And reg. not knowing the faces, I remember the first time I went to a TBHP meeting : i searched some old Chennai meet threads which had pics of the members in order to identify at least some of the regulars .

(PS : I hope there is only one Barista outlet on RK Salai !!! )

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 26th July 2010 at 12:52.
Old 26th July 2010, 12:50   #3033
Senior - BHPian

We generally dont have Banners or placards for the meets. But it is not difficult to spot a bunch of lunatics talking cars, cars and cars all the time.

Maybe all you had to do was shout "LOVE CARS .. LIVE CARS..TEAM-BHP.."

Ofcourse, this time we were talking ICE, ICE and ICE.

Saw the T-End can of Sathee46's Fiesta 1.6S. Sounded Sweet man. The scan gauge was great too.
Old 26th July 2010, 12:56   #3034
BHPian

There is just one barista in RK salai. Alright may be next time.
Old 26th July 2010, 13:37   #3035
Senior - BHPian

Chennai folks, this is OT, but I am posting here to get noticed by Chennai Team-bhpian.
Time: Saturday, around 4:30 pm, on Chetpet Bridge.
This dark grey Swift with Number TN-07-**-9939. This guy was too close to me form behind, blaring horn irritatingly, kind of bulleying me very close from behind as if going to rear-end me. I moved to the left and gave him way,he passed me and was buleying every single vehicle in front of me. He turned left at Ega theater signal and pulled over to the left and got out. I was not sure he was a driver or a mechanic or the owner himself. He got out to see his rear bumper something. In fact, he had stopped right on the Cooum bridge to do the same, causing big traffic jam on that road, in front of Harrison hotel.
Why I am saying all this here? The car had a 'driven by Team-bhp.com' sticker on rear wind shield top.!
If the owner of this car had given it for service or repairs, better take care how these guys are handling the cars.!
I wanted to post under 'Sticker spotting' as well as 'bad drivers' threads,but combined, I am posting here for the concerned person to take care.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 26th July 2010 at 13:39.
Old 26th July 2010, 13:48   #3036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
This dark grey Swift with Number TN-07-**-9939.
Hey Raja, I think the owner may not identify himself, as there was no response for this. The other day when I spotted them, I guess there was a driver & the owner besides him. They hardly noticed my LTD sticker or my lights. Guess they're in their own world of driving on the road.

Last edited by aargee : 26th July 2010 at 13:49.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:05   #3037
Senior - BHPian

I guess i've seen this swift too. Seems a popular vehicle doing the rounds .

And what caught my attention was the yellow LTD sticker on the left rear bumper.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:08   #3038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
And what caught my attention was the yellow LTD sticker on the left rear bumper.
I found this one missing when I spotted this car. There was only a Team-Bhp on the rear wind shield. May be they've removed it by now.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:19   #3039
Senior - BHPian

^^Same with me.There was no LTD sticker on bumper.
And what surprised me was, on my car I have the LTD sticker that can hit anyone behind me 'on-the-face' like this,

Chennai Team-BHP Meets-cediasticker3.jpg

and this guy didn't seem to have even noticed that. No communication with me at all!
Old 26th July 2010, 14:29   #3040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
and this guy didn't seem to have even noticed that. No communication with me at all!
+1, if you look at my other post, that's exactly he did with me too.

What I'm guessing is, this guy would've been using his relative's car who might be a TBhpian (now in US) or bought this car from a TBhpian who peeled off the LTD sticker (that Headers spotted) & forgot about the sticker on the windshield when selling. It could be driven by a non TBhpian too right?
Old 26th July 2010, 14:31   #3041
Senior - BHPian

That sticker on a car doesn't necessarily mean that the person who is driving is a TBHP-ian, me thinks .
Old 26th July 2010, 15:49   #3042
Distinguished - BHPian

There are some very badly driven Swifts on the roads.

I guess it is its reputation as a "performance" hot hatch that makes some people feel the need to put on a hot performance. Idiots.
Old 26th July 2010, 20:44   #3043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
In that case, we could have this thread also closed like quick meets Chennai thread as we can always PM/email/SMS/Phone for the meets.
Hey I dont understand why you wanna close the most happening Thread

Quote:
I live in the other side of city & takes about 25 odd Kms oneway to ride all way from my home to Barista R.K.Salai, despite this, I'm willing to meet at the odd night hours; no complaints. But just think over, if I'd come y'day like Mutant all the way & only to find Mutant & go ride back home & that too, on a two-wheeler!!!
All one had to do was YELL - TEAM-BHP I LOVE YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
There is just one barista in RK salai. Alright may be next time.
Sure, there is a next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
There are some very badly driven Swifts on the roads.

I guess it is its reputation as a "performance" hot hatch that makes some people feel the need to put on a hot performance. Idiots.
The LTD sticker adds more BHP to the image too!! Jokes apart, i tend to agree with you that these morons should be publicly punished!
Old 26th July 2010, 21:52   #3044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey I dont understand why you wanna close the most happening Thread
My intention is not to close; but you see, a date, venue & time is being posted here, but in reality it happens at a different time & someone's time is being wasted. Once again a reply is posted stating contact through SMS/Phone. So if the meets are happening via SMS/phone let us all use that & avoid posting it here right? BTW, the most happening thread was Chennai Quick meets

Quote:
All one had to do was YELL - TEAM-BHP I LOVE YOU
But I thought
Quote:
takes about 25 odd Kms oneway to ride all way from my home to Barista R.K.Salai, despite this, I'm willing to meet at the odd night hours
implied!!!

Quote:
The LTD sticker adds more BHP to the image too!! Jokes apart, i tend to agree with you that these morons should be publicly punished!
+1000000...

PS - Finally changing your avatar became convenient to identify the handle better

Last edited by aargee : 26th July 2010 at 21:56.
Old 27th July 2010, 11:06   #3045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
My intention is not to close; but you see, a date, venue & time is being posted here, but in reality it happens at a different time & someone's time is being wasted. Once again a reply is posted stating contact through SMS/Phone. So if the meets are happening via SMS/phone let us all use that & avoid posting it here right? BTW, the most happening thread was Chennai Quick meets
What different time? The Barista meets are always on from ~ 9 pm to ~ 11:30 pm or midnight. Various people land up at various times. I saw the message posted by headers around 9 pm that evening and reached there around 9:45 or so. I find statements like the one below baffling. No one has anything to gain by keeping anyone out. More the merrier.

Quote:
I don't know whether this is coincidence or done deliberately to avoid something or someone. Except the track meets, I don't see any meets concretely.
And if meeting info is passed along only via sms as you suggested, how can new members join the meets?

MutantX: You sure you didn't see or hear hear an esteem emitting some extremely low bass right at the doorstep? The sound could have been heard till citi center. There were also two flashy 1.6S and an equally sexy Punto standing nearby. And also lots of talk about Bostons, sub woofer enclosures blah blah. They are all the signs of a TBHP meeting. Catch you next time.

RajaTaurus: I know one TBHP dark grey Swift. Maybe the owner can identify himself if the number matches. Did it have loud ICE? lol

Last edited by Gilead : 27th July 2010 at 11:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks