Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 14:43   #2731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
OT Cont'd: You can check out at Haute Car zone. They have Neo, AVA alloys. I felt the prices to be on the higher side. Please negotiate for a better rate if buying from them.
Thanks Ikoneer. A Big NO NO to Haute. Had a real messy experience with these unprofessional folks!

Any other options!?
Old 17th February 2010, 15:57   #2732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
^^ I am game if its on Sunday
Me too only on Sunday. What time?
Old 17th February 2010, 16:17   #2733
BHPian

I will be able to make it if its on Sunday. How about 11:00 AM?
Old 17th February 2010, 19:14   #2734
BHPian

IMO its better we do a late afternoon early evening meet, the weather will also be decent then, around 3:30-4:00 pm.
Old 17th February 2010, 20:47   #2735
Senior - BHPian

I prefer in the morning session since I come from very far & have my Son along. I prefer leaving somewhere by 11:00 to 11:30 AM.
Old 18th February 2010, 13:10   #2736
BHPian

hey guys ! one of my friends on facebook (not a bhp-ian) has received an invitation from "Apex Racing" to the trackday on 6th & 7th. This is what it says :

"Madras Motor Sports Track ( MMST) is open on 6th March weekend for Pay and practice. apex racing would be there. Any one planning to join kindly mail back and we can organise the logistics including shipment of bikes, transport of bikers, accommodation etc.

Please note: This is open to all event and not apex racing exclusive event."

This means we can expect the track to be PACKED on 6th & 7th.

Request someone to have this information confirmed.

I for one would prefer a 'Team Bhp exclusive track day"....
Old 18th February 2010, 13:39   #2737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
hey guys ! one of my friends on facebook (not a bhp-ian) has received an invitation from "Apex Racing" to the trackday on 6th & 7th. This is what it says :

"Madras Motor Sports Track ( MMST) is open on 6th March weekend for Pay and practice. apex racing would be there. Any one planning to join kindly mail back and we can organise the logistics including shipment of bikes, transport of bikers, accommodation etc.

Please note: This is open to all event and not apex racing exclusive event."

This means we can expect the track to be PACKED on 6th & 7th.

Request someone to have this information confirmed.

I for one would prefer a 'Team Bhp exclusive track day"....
Machan I have a feeling this is a 'bikers only event' that they are talking about, in which case it would happen during the morning session.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:13   #2738
BHPian

it might help to get this re-checked with someone in the MMRT lest we get surprised on 7th !
Old 19th February 2010, 04:09   #2739
BHPian

@ slipstream & petrol_head

-- Is it something to do with the California Superbike School run in Chennai ?

Old 19th February 2010, 11:42   #2740
Senior - BHPian

Chennai Makkale,
What is this Auto and Accessories Expo tomorrow and day after at YMCA grounds, Royapettai and no huzzle-buzzle here on Team-bhp? Is it worth visiting and are you guys to be seen around there? I'm not aware of any thread that speaks on this thingie.
Please enlighten me.
Old 19th February 2010, 12:15   #2741
Senior - BHPian

Just spoke to the guy Shiva mentioned in the ad. Yes it is confirmed that the event is on 20 & 21; open from 10:00 Am to 19:00 on both days at the mentioned venue; its a one stop place for all automotive needs; used cars, new cars, car & bike cleaning products, ICE & car/bike accessories; all the more - entry free
Old 19th February 2010, 12:47   #2742
Senior - BHPian

Great thing. Will be there, but not sure of parking in that area. Anyways, I must find some place to park though. Very congested road.
Old 19th February 2010, 14:45   #2743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Great thing. Will be there, but not sure of parking in that area. Anyways, I must find some place to park though. Very congested road.
I believe the ground is bigger enough to have parking facility. You may not have to hunt for parking space.

Yes, planning to be there tomorrow first half or sunday first half.

Is there any meet planned at the venue?
Old 19th February 2010, 18:38   #2744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Thanks Ikoneer. A Big NO NO to Haute. Had a real messy experience with these unprofessional folks!

Any other options!?
Can you share what went wrong ? I got some outrageous quotes from them last week.
Old 19th February 2010, 18:55   #2745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Can you share what went wrong ? I got some outrageous quotes from them last week.
Well, 2 Incidents!

1. My friend's Linea. He wanted to upgrade just the speakers and stick to the stock setup.
  • He was made to buy 2 set of component speakers. The right setup would have been a component for the front and round coaxial for the speakers on the rear door. Made the wrong choice while picking the speakers and one could have lived with it if it was at least installed properly.
  • But the quality of installation was pathetic, even a newbie could have done a better job. One of the speaker terminal on the rear door was touching the metal part and causing a short circuit. My friend was lucky enough to get away from any trouble with the car's electrical.
  • Spacers were fixed to set in the speakers and the spacers all had gracious space between the speaker, spacer & metal. I don't have the pictures to explain it, but believe me it was pathetic. The installation is just horrible.
Got all this mess sorted out from Jeewajee!

2. I purchased stebel horns for my car and took it to them by mistake as I wanted to see if they are better with the basic stuff. The folks had no idea how to fix a simple stebel wind-tone horn! One horn was facing the ground and the other was facing to the left. No insulation done to the wiring and horns conked off on the first rainy day!

They have the infrastructure, but not the technicians to do the job! But they love to charge a bomb for any sales/service. I am advising my folks to stay away from this place!

Sorry about the OFF TOPIC discussion!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks