Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2010, 16:32   #2611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Mr. VinoTH, we will know once we know and you will know that too!
Ok thalai, i know that once you get to know you will surely try to let me know, but what i don't know is when will I get to know that know from you. as of now, I will keep waiting for that know from you. Infact it is always good to learn on how to know things..

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 30th January 2010 at 16:37. Reason: k
Old 30th January 2010, 16:34   #2612
Senior - BHPian

march march march please
Old 30th January 2010, 18:14   #2613
Senior - BHPian

^^What are you to do on trackday with your bajaj auto engined(which is running on vegetable oil) car, with stone tyres :P

Last edited by Rahulkool : 30th January 2010 at 18:17.
Old 30th January 2010, 20:20   #2614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme
the FE would be probably half of your normal FE which means in my case I would be using up almost a litre a lap (long loop)
Don't think so. When I took the Baleno on track, I remember getting close to highway FE (~ 15-16 kmpl) for that tankful. Which is kinda logical because the speeds you do are high (like on highways).
Old 30th January 2010, 20:32   #2615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Don't think so. When I took the Baleno on track, I remember getting close to highway FE (~ 15-16 kmpl) for that tankful. Which is kinda logical because the speeds you do are high (like on highways).
...but not at the same rpm. Higher speeds don't translate to better FE. its a combination of factors that results in better highway mileage. Minimal clutch usage, constant throttle and absence of hard acceleration to name a few. On track you are revving higher, braking harder, coupling it with engine braking as well. On the highway 140 is usually the cruising speed in overdrive but on track its usually around the 3rd gear mark with the tacho close to the red zone. Hence highway mileage on track is not just impossible but not even in the same city as possible.

just my 2 cents

Last edited by petrol_head : 30th January 2010 at 20:33.
Old 30th January 2010, 20:36   #2616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
...but not at the same rpm. Higher speeds don't translate to better FE. its a combination of factors that results in better highway mileage. Minimal clutch usage, constant throttle and absence of hard acceleration to name a few. On track you are revving higher, braking harder, coupling it with engine braking as well. On the highway 140 is usually the cruising speed in overdrive but on track its usually around the 3rd gear mark with the tacho close to the red zone. Hence highway mileage on track is not just impossible but not even in the same city as possible.

just my 2 cents
+1... I remember doing around ~120kms on the track last time & that consumed atleast 1/2 tank of petrol. I am guessing my esteem's FE would've been around 8 (it normally is 11) MAX.
Old 30th January 2010, 21:25   #2617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
The Baleno is SUPREME But Logic is kinda negated my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
you are revving higher, braking harder, coupling it with engine braking as well.
Vijay, you dont know how to drive on track - Learn from SB, be gentle on the throttle and minimal use of brakes will do the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider View Post
+1... I remember doing around ~120kms on the track last time & that consumed atleast 1/2 tank of petrol. I am guessing my esteem's FE would've been around 8 (it normally is 11) MAX.
Gautham, same applies to you - I still remember vividly where the screeching sound was coming from for quite sometime - until i saw you in my RVMs.

And my dear friend riding piggyback was under the assumption that his car was the one screechin

Last edited by Eddy : 31st January 2010 at 00:48. Reason: Not more than 2 smilies allowed. Thanks
Old 30th January 2010, 21:31   #2618
Senior - BHPian

I would definitely love to join . Sorry fo checking the thread this late.
When is this event ?
Old 30th January 2010, 21:35   #2619
BHPian

Quote:

And my dear friend riding piggyback was under the assumption that his car was the one screechin
LOL... It was all fun till my car's tail stepped out on C1. I lost the thread on the tyres faster than emptying the petrol tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
I would definitely love to join . Sorry fo checking the thread this late.
When is this event ?
Hey Arjun... I've seen your Corsa's photo in some thread. Would be awesome to check it out in real. The dates are not decided yet BTW...
Old 30th January 2010, 21:52   #2620
BHPian

I got an FE of around 11-12. I was kinda surprised, actually I was expecting a single digit FE.

In "normal" driving Zen gives around 12-13 with A/C.

Funny thing is after around 10 laps on the track, the heat was too much and I switched on the A/C and drove around . Summing it up m FE drop was very negli...! (negligible)

So I kinda don't agree with anyone of you folks.
Old 30th January 2010, 21:58   #2621
Senior - BHPian

when first time i went to the track i did around 173kms on the track and got a FE of 7.5-8kmpl, the rpm meter was always in 5500-7300 range. i had to change both front tyres after that, tyres were absolutely new as the car had done only 2300kms IIRC.
Old 31st January 2010, 00:48   #2622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Funny thing is after around 10 laps on the track, the heat was too much and I switched on the A/C and drove around . Summing it up m FE drop was very negli...! (negligible)

So I kinda don't agree with anyone of you folks.
LOL... yeah dude... can't argue with that! After all there is hardly any traffic on the track
Old 31st January 2010, 01:21   #2623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
when first time i went to the track i did around 173kms on the track and got a FE of 7.5-8kmpl, the rpm meter was always in 5500-7300 range. i had to change both front tyres after that, tyres were absolutely new as the car had done only 2300kms IIRC.

I got FE of 7 too on track looks like palio is as efficent on track as it is on road
Old 31st January 2010, 08:05   #2624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey Arjun... I've seen your Corsa's photo in some thread. Would be awesome to check it out in real. The dates are not decided yet BTW...
Thank you. I Have been to the track paying that 600 rs . Its actually fun till you overdo it. Anyways really excited about the whole thing . Will watch this thread closely now and wait for nitrous ji .
Old 31st January 2010, 11:04   #2625
BHPian

This time im gonna be gunning for that 15 mark. Hopefully I should do it with two and a half litres

Quote:
Vijay, you dont know how to drive on track - Learn from SB, be gentle on the throttle and minimal use of brakes will do the job.
Vikram you missed out hand signals. Hey either way I don't use brakes. I mean.. I don't have brakes. So would my FE be higher?

Quote:
LOL... yeah dude... can't argue with that! After all there is hardly any traffic on the track
Goutham .. now you are scaring me.

Last edited by petrol_head : 31st January 2010 at 11:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks