Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 23:59   #1816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Well,well! Some members I spoke to prior to the bhavan meet expressed unflattering opinions about the outstation meets. But they don't express it in the forum, because they know some guys have already attended them and had fun.
1.Well if the members who had enlightened you about outstation trips think the outstation trips fail to flatter, they are absolutely justified. After all probably what suits the others does not appeal to them since their personal standards w.r.t the satisfaction quotient is much higher when on an early morning enlightenment drive to XYZ bhavan. Totally justified.

Besides they are absolutely free to quote it on the forum as they would be helping us mere mortals from wasting our time and effort on illogical long drives when we could as well get greater satisfaction from a couple of hours over breakfast.
But if they opt to not quote, they are not doing anyone a favor. Just because someone does not want to say something does not make him right - "ethically/morally/practically etc etc.)

I would still express my view about something that I think is daft. It really does not matter if everyone likes it or not. Im saying what I want to say because that is my opinion. Now if people start misconceiving opinions to be assertive statements, I guess its more of a problem with the listner than the communicator. So irrespective of what others have to say or not about what they like or do not like, I would continue to do so because that is what i feel about the subject. If someone feels its dismissive of something they prefer, Im sorry , it really aint my fault.

Quote:
As for the number of meets organised exceeding the post count of "some people" here (you can directly refer me by name, I will only laugh at it!), well it must have been more than 489 meets in just a few years. I am suitably impressed! And pray, where is the "personal attack", show me? I merely asked if he had done any bhavan meets before as our experience was totally opposite to his views.
yeah yeah you can laugh as much as you want. I know this is a democracy. Every sytem has its own flaws. Well what can I say. I cant be held responsible for someone's assumptions. Can I? John would be pretty happy to know you are impressed with the numbers. Not that it makes much of a difference to me. Besides the numbers were just a reference for god's sake. Wonder when was the last time someone threw up numbers like that for that question. Either way.. not much i gotta say about that. It seems to be your opinion.

Quote:
How many bhavan meets have you attended ?
Well to any person in a sane state of mind and functional mental faculties, that statement does not merely ask in a very polite manner about his previous experience. So that states why I said you should exercise restraint in certain issues.

Quote:
And if the last line about "contribution" is an insider joke, they are best avoided in a public forum.
Well someone's ignorance does not make a statement an insider statement. Maybe this is why you should attend more meets.

Last edited by petrol_head : 9th October 2009 at 00:07.
Old 9th October 2009, 00:12   #1817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
One other thing.

To know in particular but to everyone who frequents the thread.

The schism that Ganesan said could develop is already on the cards if we continue like this. I feel all this light hearted banter should not be taken too seriously. As bblost put it, different strokes for different folks. Lets not have a slug fest on which meet is the best and lets not split up in groups. I know this a public forum I reitrate, if anyone feels offended then please mention that you don't appreciate the comment and move on. Lets not go back and forth. I personally know a few people on this thread and I know they were joking. I haven't even met Pheonix and we are calling each other names. I take it we think of it as a joke. However I know it can't apply to everyone.

I'm just trying to cool everyone down. Inevitabily we will all do both city and outside trips. none of it is unflattering.

Please don't reply in reference to this post. If agree you agree and we can have peaceful Chennai Tbhp gang ( united one that is).
I just finished typing this up..in vain lol

In retrospect both are enjoyable. Even track days and just drives are enjoyable.

OK I do have a question though. Why would a overnight trip be discussed in a bhavan meet especially when it hadn't happened yet? Why exactly it was unflattering?.

This was THE best pondy trip I ever had. We laughed so much and I made so many new friends. I think the essence of the meet was perfectly captured. Also if the whole taboo about this meets is the beverages, then there more than 4 teetollers in the gang not including Sutta kambi who was pouring his share out of the balcony and claim he had consumed it.

I can tell you this. There were certainly no unflattering comments made on the Bhavan meet during our overnight meet. Tad unfair?

Last edited by fiery enzyme : 9th October 2009 at 00:18.
Old 9th October 2009, 00:58   #1818
BHPian

Well said Bala. Going through this thread and another galeej thread parallely.Makes me think its nice to be with a bunch of people who all like to have fun. TBHP - Chn Rocks
Old 9th October 2009, 01:04   #1819
BHPian

At this point of time I would like to say only one thing -
no body is contributing....

Anyway, guys lets stop this crap. I think the democracy is going through the roof. just because people are entitled to an opinion, it doesnt mean it should be entertained all the time.As bala said, None of us had issues with the bhavan meet, so I dont see why people should have issues about our trips. What we do during the trip is up to us. If we take these trip plans off the forum there are people posting and asking why we organize personal trips. We are made to be villains either way and soon we just wont care anymore. Just because we like a long drive to pondi doesnt mean that we dislike idli or dosai.

Now can we please restore the sanity here and finalize who wants to join in for what. A simple yes or no, in or out, confirmed or not confirmed will suffice. Please put up a list separately for yercaud and inter city meet (venue and date to be finalized).

@vijay and bala - I think we 3 have already spoken too much here. let us not contribute towards any more untoward comments We werent given mobile phones for no reason. We will coordinate through sms/call once the list of people starts coming through. Safe to presume that most, if not all of our pondi gang will be in for this meet as well.

@ranjith- yes we do rock. And on kaka kumar's request, I am searching for a good name for you!

Quote:
This was THE best pondy trip I ever had. We laughed so much and I made so many new friends. I think the essence of the meet was perfectly captured.
3 cheers to that!

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 9th October 2009 at 01:18.
Old 9th October 2009, 01:18   #1820
BHPian

Nice epilogue Pras .

And for the last time, I'm in. If you ask me to confirm one more time....
Old 9th October 2009, 01:24   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Nice epilogue Pras .

And for the last time, I'm in. If you ask me to confirm one more time....
he he. i know your in. But we need an approx head count. It'll come in handy booking the rooms, when we get around to it. Ok i'm going to bed. good night!
Old 9th October 2009, 01:33   #1822
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure all of us, by virtue of being BHPians, love to drive. And all of us would like to get to know fellow BHPians from our City. Whether its a meet within the City, or whether its an out-of-city drive, the objective is to meet, get to know each other & our rides, and enjoy. I have absolutely no qualms in attending both meets if I get to- I in fact was planning to do just that had it not been my spontaneous B'lore drive last weekend. It does not make any sense to say one is superior than the other- sounds like kids in kindergarten arguing who has the best toy!

While everyone is entitled to opinions and preferences, it would be better if we do not take it to an extent of pointing fingers, comparing and mud-slinging. Before things go out of hand, and someone of authority puts a full stop, lets get back to normalcy- like neo said (and Ulladai 25 echoed), to being Chn BHPians again!

Last edited by ph03n!x : 9th October 2009 at 01:37.
Old 9th October 2009, 02:44   #1823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I'm sure all of us, by virtue of being BHPians, love to drive. And all of us would like to get to know fellow BHPians from our City. Whether its a meet within the City, or whether its an out-of-city drive, the objective is to meet, get to know each other & our rides, and enjoy. I have absolutely no qualms in attending both meets if I get to- I in fact was planning to do just that had it not been my spontaneous B'lore drive last weekend. It does not make any sense to say one is superior than the other- sounds like kids in kindergarten arguing who has the best toy!

While everyone is entitled to opinions and preferences, it would be better if we do not take it to an extent of pointing fingers, comparing and mud-slinging. Before things go out of hand, and someone of authority puts a full stop, lets get back to normalcy- like neo said (and Ulladai 25 echoed), to being Chn BHPians again!
Saar too late. Everyone is gone to sleep. Heheheh couldn't resist.
Old 9th October 2009, 07:33   #1824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
No bhavan meets too. Sounds too corky to sit around in a noisy (cling clang clang of the tumblers falling etc) crowded restaurant to eat pongal vadai. We can have a dinner buffet meets in any of the many fine restaurants in the city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post

And how about a bhavan meet at yercaud?
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I vote for Yercaud bhavan meet. Let's call it YBT -0111. Hope the bhavanis will turn up for this one. No pun intended.
Quote:
Some members I spoke to prior to the bhavan meet expressed unflattering opinions about the outstation meets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
Well to any person in a sane state of mind and functional mental faculties, that statement does not merely ask in a very polite manner about his previous experience. So that states why I said you should exercise restraint in certain issues.
Quote:
Why would a overnight trip be discussed in a bhavan meet especially when it hadn't happened yet? Why exactly it was unflattering?.
@petrol_head, may be I could have phrased it as "Have you attended a bhavan meet" and it would not have been offensive? I added the please smiley to take any possible sting out of it! Anyway, the first three posts quoted above were what rankled with me. If you think they are very polite and restrained, I have nothing to say!

@fiery_enzyme, post #4 quoted is for you. This was before the meet, when I was trying to gather some people for an outstation meet. The topic did not come up at the bhavan meet at all.

Anyway enough said about this from my side. I am game for a local meet or an outstation (no overnight please) trip, but on Diwali week-end, guys? Diwali is on Saturday, outstation won't be possible.

Last edited by Gansan : 9th October 2009 at 07:47.
Old 9th October 2009, 08:34   #1825
BHPian

You found my quote about a bhavan meet in yercaud offensive? Considering how things were going, that was the ultimate solution to all our problems

@bala - i am contributing so much. Why is nt my post count increasing?
Old 9th October 2009, 08:55   #1826
BHPian

oh, i see a nice script here for a super hit mega serial/reality show, TBHP Chennai'ans. lol

I think some of us could take up an alternative career as script writers, punch dialogue writers etc lol

Chill Fellas. This is a public forum. Not every one will agree with us. So no point in arguing, exchanging views on each others views here.

City meets to discuss cars, upgrades, tech knowldge, help fix minor issues , meet like minded people, check others car out
Long drives, to show off my car (ideally, not my corsa now though lol).

These are ideal scenarios for me. For some, TBHP is ideal platform to make new friends, for some they come here only in need of help, some have commitments that dont allow them to go on over night/long trips. These are understandable

now, I have had this on my mind for a very long time. Who has the most mods on his/her car in chennai ? would I get to see it ?

Last edited by vdiatech : 9th October 2009 at 09:07.
Old 9th October 2009, 09:43   #1827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
)
now, I have had this on my mind for a very long time. Who has the most mods on his/her car in chennai ? would I get to see it ?
I dont know who has the most mods, but I can tell you who has the most stock car and that is Nitrous.
Old 9th October 2009, 09:43   #1828
Senior - BHPian

Any possibility of a track meet on Sunday (18th),perhaps?
Old 9th October 2009, 09:47   #1829
Senior - BHPian

Am out on Diwali weekend, and the weekend after that too. 31/ 1st is my call...
Old 9th October 2009, 10:13   #1830
BHPian

mr kk aka petrol head dont forget tht i am readin u r posts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks