Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 10:13   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
But, Travelling 12 kms to get you guys something "in the thick of the night" wasn't bizarre, huh?
Thank you for that nitrous. That was a totally understandable drive. Helping friends to get nice drinking water, without that we would have been parched all night.
Old 6th October 2009, 10:58   #1682
Senior - BHPian

You're most welcome, guys!
-Errand Boy
Old 6th October 2009, 11:21   #1683
BHPian

Ok so someone demanded a report. I honestly dont know how to report, or what to report on this trip, but I will do so briefly.

So after weeks of speculation about who was interested in a meet, and whether our meet would be at saravana bhavan or vasanta bhavan or pondicherry or some other random place where no one but a tbhpian would dare to go, our chennai meet thread meandered into 2 separate, but together (ok i dunno what i just said) conversations.
Ultimately, as fate would have it, half the guys landed up at vasanta bhavan, the other half at pondi, and the big distinguished half (read nitrous) at both the meets!

John got us last minute bookings for 2 rooms at the st james court resort, 20km before pondi on the ECR. With most guys unwilling to commit to the plan till the last minute, 4 brave soldiers (vijay, bala, rod and I), led by the legendary sutta kambi himself, headed out in my car at around 330pm on Saturday. After meeting up at Ignite, the drive began. It was good fun driving on the ECR. My first highway experience with the new tires, and it was a bit of an education for me. Came across a few friendly cows, and a not so friendly punto who kept trying to overtake, and we kept pulling away from. Rod's excessive rambling about the car meant that he was removed from the leadership post. Stopped by for a tea and some snacks, while vijay picked up 2 coloured rubber balls.

We reached the resort a little after 6pm and settled into the room which was pretty big. It was decided that the rod would sleep in the bathtub while bala and vijay would get the balcony.

<Censor><Censor></Censor></Censor>

We then headed to the city for dinner at a roadside stall for 97 bucks. After that, <Censor><Censor></Censor></Censor>.

In the meantime we were joined later in the night by ranjith (who came in spite of not being in the mood! glad you made it!), vikram (who had previously been conspiring against the pondi gang by saying he wont come), nitrous (who had spent all his money on gandhiji's delicates and making his mistress more stock), john (nice to meet you), bakiya (I dont know what to say here) and mano (nice to meet you too) at the resort.

From that point onwards the balcony was in a state of civil war. The laugh riot lasted till around 430 in the morning. In between we sent nitrous on a mission to pick up a tankful of mineral water, which he did in his own distinguished way. Nitrous, bakiya and mano headed home at around 2am, while the rest of us continued in our own merry way. Ranjith and the rod decided to hit the sack, while the rest of us decided to find something to eat. Much to our disdain we found only a cup of tea and some good day biscuits. That would have to do till breakfast was served at 815am.

The morning found vijay, bala and myself still awake. After catching bala and sutta kambi in (un?)compromising positions, we decided we would hit the (questionable) beach. By the end of it we were drenched, and brought back half the beach in our pockets. We recreated a mini beach in the bathtub and then headed for the (questionable) breakfast. Only ranjith and the famished, yet complaining bala enjoyed the breakfast of pongal, vada, idly and coffee.

It was then time to leave. Vikram, john and ranjith had the head start, while the rest of us started an hour later. Had an eventful drive back where my steering wheel wouldnt stop vibrating everytime I braked. But nevertheless got back safely, and headed to (forgot the name of the place) for lunch. I remember now! Amaravathy it was. Good food I thought.

Dropped rod at home, and then bala and vijay at annanagar. Got lost on the way back, took directions from an auto guy and got home at 3pm.

From then on it was pretty much sleep most of the time till the next morning. So ultimately it was a great trip. My report is rather brief, hoping that we will all fill in more details as the thread goes on. Hope we guys can do this more often. And this time I hope everyone stays back to watch the fun!
I have a few snaps from the beach on my phone, but cant find the data cable. Will upload sometime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKIYA_2K12 View Post
I have edited few and sent the pics to Nitrous he will upload the pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
No pics of me :( .
Bala looks like in the name of editing, bakiya has edited you out of the snap completely! ha ha ha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
In your dreams, my friend, you car may be faster than mine, but thats it. Better luck next time
Theres always a next time
Old 6th October 2009, 11:23   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
You're most welcome, guys!
-Errand Boy
You mean D-Errand Boy!
Old 6th October 2009, 11:29   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Nice report prasanna. Sutta Kambi's flying experience stories & how he fell into the arms of a gorgeous she-male when his plane was dropping at 100 feet a second were some of the highlights from the laughathon.
Old 6th October 2009, 12:13   #1686
BHPian

It was really a wonderful trip. Thanks a ton to everyone present. I haven't had that much fun and laughed so much in the recent past.

Nice report Pras : looks like you made the best use of ' falling sick ' officially.

Last edited by neoranjit : 6th October 2009 at 12:14.
Old 6th October 2009, 12:31   #1687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Nice report Pras : looks like you made the best use of ' falling sick ' officially.
Nothing is official my friend, nothing is official

@john - that plane falling from a 100 feet story is the idea behind sutta kambi's tbhp username
Old 6th October 2009, 13:03   #1688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Nice report prasanna. Sutta Kambi's flying experience stories & how he fell into the arms of a gorgeous she-male when his plane was dropping at 100 feet a second were some of the highlights from the laughathon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Nothing is official my friend, nothing is official

@john - that plane falling from a 100 feet story is the idea behind sutta kambi's tbhp username
Not again guys - I just recollected that moment and how we struggled to stop laughing - And S K starts again with our permission..oh man that was
Old 6th October 2009, 13:32   #1689
Senior - BHPian

Did you guy make the poor kid cry???!
Old 6th October 2009, 13:33   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Not us, but someone from down under did.
Old 6th October 2009, 13:41   #1691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Quote:
Ah..that was forgotten the next morning and he had another one ready
Old 6th October 2009, 14:39   #1692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

After that only he came back quite strongly with all this hugging & diving business.
Old 6th October 2009, 14:54   #1693
BHPian

No wonder suttakambi never comments anything in this thread. If he does then this will become the longest thread (in terms of number) in teambhp
Old 6th October 2009, 14:57   #1694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
No wonder suttakambi never comments anything in this thread. If he does then this will become the longest thread (in terms of number) in teambhp
I actually searched this thread- and no, the dude has not made even a single post here!

Suttakambi- are you reading this thread atleast???!
Old 6th October 2009, 15:44   #1695
BHPian

Guys please post pictures of your rides... Looks like you guys had a great time, How was the sea food?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks