n_aditya
SunnyBoi (tentative)

10th Aug:
silversteed
abirnale
n_aditya
I am out of 10th plan(removed my name from 10th). I can make it only if it is
9th.
Regarding the movie- I need to rush to mys to enjoy the weekend there. So I am out of it.
Old 6th August 2013, 17:02   #4802
BHPian

Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

I've already watched the movie so I'm out of the movie plan.
Old 6th August 2013, 20:02   #4803
Team-BHP Support

I'll not be able to attend this time as well. All 3 days are working days for me.

Have fun guys.

I hope someone has a day drive planned on Independence day.
Old 7th August 2013, 10:49   #4804
Team-BHP Support

Looks like another ad-hoc trip came up for me with friends, maybe encompassing Friday and Saturday both days, so even I'll be unable to attend this weekend. Have a great trip, and in case I'm able to join, I'll see you guys at the initial meeting point whatever you decide on this thread in the next 2 days.

If this helps the remaining attendees, here's the route the group took last week:
https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...sz=11&t=m&z=11

A - NICE Road entry
B - New Agarwal Bhawan (stay on service road and don't enter toll expressway road after NICE)

After breakfast, continue on the service road until you reach Nelamangala flyover. Take a right turn, follow the route prescribed in the map until you reach Hesaraghatta grasslands (point C). If you lose your direction, ask any local there for 'Adarsh Film institute'. The grasslands are just in the adjacent road to that place.

While coming back, the nearest Tea shop we could find was at point D, a bakery on the service lane. Point E is return point to complete the round trip.
Old 7th August 2013, 11:13   #4805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I'll not be able to attend this time as well. All 3 days are working days for me.
Was about to PM you, hoping for pick up from Yelahanka!

As some of you know, My punto was rear ended last day and the rear bumper is misaligned. Would not be possible for me to get it repaired before this weekend and I would not want to risk going for any kind of off-roading with the misaligned bumper! Hoping to tag along with someone from North of Bangalore. Anybody else from Yelahanka/Ganaganagar/RT nagar/Mekhri circle side?
BTW I can make it only on 9th.. saturday is a working day for me.
Old 7th August 2013, 11:34   #4806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Looks like another ad-hoc trip came up for me with friends, maybe encompassing Friday and Saturday both days, so even I'll be unable to attend this weekend.
Will miss you guys. Please try if you can make it for a couple of hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Anybody else from Yelahanka/Ganaganagar/RT nagar/Mekhri circle side?
Hey Sandeep - I was about to offer pick up for you, but seems the route isn't going nearby Yelahanka.
I am coming from BTM Layout - I can take the NICE road to the Tumkur exit, or I can take the city roads and reach Hebbal, and take the Tumkur road from there (I hope I am making sense, I am poor with road names. Though I have travelled on most of them, I don't know many of their names). So I can pick you up from Hebbal.

On the other hand, any other BHPian who wants to join me or accompany me with his ride from BTM, JP Nagar, Jayanagar area ? Asking because I don't want to get lost enroute.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 7th August 2013 at 11:53.
Old 7th August 2013, 11:47   #4807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
On the other hand, any other BHPian who wants to join me or accompany me with his ride from BTM, JP Nagar, Jayanagar area ?
Since Saturday 10th possibility is fading out and I will not be able to make it to 9th, I am planning to catch up on you all at NICE entrance. And then head back to work :(

I stay closer to NICE entrance on Bannerghatta Road and I assume before 9am you will be at that junction, I will grab the opportunity to wave you all off to this meet.

Last edited by abirnale : 7th August 2013 at 11:47. Reason: typos.
Old 7th August 2013, 13:26   #4808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Sandeep - I was about to offer pick up for you, but seems the route isn't going nearby Yelahanka.
I am coming from BTM Layout - I can take the NICE road to the Tumkur exit, or I can take the city roads and reach Hebbal, and take the Tumkur road from there . So I can pick you up from Hebbal.
That's great, If it is not too much trouble for you!! I will still have to find a way to reach Hebbal, but that's alright if the meeting time there is anytime after 6AM . And if the number of attendees are less, we could try for an alternate meeting point other than the NICE road-Tumkur road intersection. May be then we could take the shorter Hesserghatta main road avoiding Nelamangala. But breakfast remains an issue then. Don't know about any other good eateries on Hesserghatta main road. I am game for even a plate of idlis from a roadside darshini
Old 7th August 2013, 14:00   #4809
BHPian

Can we postpone this drive meet to another weekend? I just took delivery of a brand new Figo and would love to go for an inaugural drive, but coming weekend is going to be really hectic.
Old 7th August 2013, 14:30   #4810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Can we postpone this drive meet to another weekend? I just took delivery of a brand new Figo and would love to go for an inaugural drive, but coming weekend is going to be really hectic.
Hey congrats on the new ride. Where are the pictures and then ownership review? Happy and safe driving mate.
Old 7th August 2013, 14:30   #4811
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
And if the number of attendees are less, we could try for an alternate meeting point other than the NICE road-Tumkur road intersection. May be then we could take the shorter Hesserghatta main road avoiding Nelamangala. But breakfast remains an issue then. Don't know about any other good eateries on Hesserghatta main road. I am game for even a plate of idlis from a roadside darshini
I would suggest you people to meet near the Goragunte Palya Junction.
People coming from Bhannerughatta, Jayanagar area can take Outer ring road(ORR) instead of NICE road.
ORR is not blocked at all especially till 8AM on a holiday. Same is the case with Peenya (which might be the only slow moving area)
Also ORR junction is before the Hesaraghatta junction. (Remember NICE is further away from the Hesaraghatta road junction and you have to come back)

Just after the ORR-Tumkur road junction, you can meet before the Elevated road (NBTPL).
Or you can also meet at McD below the Elevated road. Both are marked in the map below
Both these places have ample parking space. You need not go over the NBTPL anyway
Quick Meets at Bangalore-mcd.jpg

For breakfast, you can either have it in McD (I don't know how many would like it) or...
...there is a coffee day on the Hesaraghatta main road (again I don't know if anybody would like to go there) and have those button idlis and other breakfast items that are available.

A cheaper "darshini" type option would be the Davanagere Benne Dose hotel on the service road of Hesaraghatta Main road.
I have marked that in the map below. GPS co ordinates 13.058848,77.506825
At 30 Rupees per plate, the Dose is a decent option. Its on the service road, so make sure you don't miss it. The BBMP office (which is a big campus is the landmark)

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dbd1.png
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dbd.jpg

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 7th August 2013 at 14:35. Reason: co-ordinates added
Old 7th August 2013, 15:02   #4812
BHPian

Quote:
On the other hand, any other BHPian who wants to join me or accompany me with his ride from BTM, JP Nagar, Jayanagar area ? Asking because I don't want to get lost enroute.
Hey soumyajit- I am staying near koramangala, opposite to forum (near the Vodafone store behind Bosch). The problem is- neither do I know the roads either! I am new to Bangalore- staying here for an year but usually run Mysore on weekends. My ride stays in Mysore too- have not explored bangalore much!

How many are finally expected?
Old 7th August 2013, 16:14   #4813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Since Saturday 10th possibility is fading out and I will not be able to make it to 9th, I am planning to catch up on you all at NICE entrance. And then head back to work :(
I stay closer to NICE entrance on Bannerghatta Road and I assume before 9am you will be at that junction, I will grab the opportunity to wave you all off to this meet.
Sure abirnale !! I'll let you know where we can meet up. The number of attendees is very less (~5). So I am not sure if you could meet all of em at the NICE road point. We haven't finalized the route yet !! But I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Hey Mashmash, Congrats a Ton !!! I sense an Independence day weekend drive also. May be you could take your new ride for a breather then .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I would suggest you people to meet near the Goragunte Palya Junction.
People coming from Bhannerughatta, Jayanagar area can take Outer ring road(ORR) instead of NICE road.
Can't thank you enough Hemanth !!! Will try to fix a route by today evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash_pegasus View Post
Hey soumyajit- I am staying near koramangala, opposite to forum (near the Vodafone store behind Bosch).
How many are finally expected?
You can tag along with me in my ride. Will probably take the ORR route instead of NICE road, as suggested by Hemanth. Have to find a way to pick up Sandeep (sandsun7) also. Will PM you later. Else, PM me your number, will call you.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 7th August 2013 at 16:24.
Old 7th August 2013, 22:25   #4814
BHPian

Quote:
You can tag along with me in my ride. Will probably take the ORR route instead of NICE road, as suggested by Hemanth. Have to find a way to pick up Sandeep (sandsun7) also. Will PM you later. Else, PM me your number, will call you.
Sorry I can't PM you yet- newbie. I do have my ride for this weekend but will do some part of eco conservation. Will tag along in your car for the meet. .

Yes I wanted pics of my car but since I had been on a ride to wayanad, and it was pouring- the car is all dirty and dusty! My second free service coming up over the weekend and don't wanna spend money getting it washed. So.

Let's see if I get tempted to bring my ride along though! You can drop in on fb- find "kashyap srisha", I am the only one. :-P
Old 7th August 2013, 23:46   #4815
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys, I'm out :( Got roadtrip plans with old school mates this weekend!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks