Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2013, 08:48   #4486
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The deadline closed, but I took up the tatkal entries as well. I'm going to have to freeze with this list for now (~50 people with spouses and half tickets added), or else the karting will not finish by lunch, and Waseem will come after me with a cane in hand .
Thanks for the update @KarthikK.
Tough ask - would you also know/summarise the various groups coming from a particular locality ? If that's too much, at least I'd like to know:
1. anyone from Old Madras Road/Indiranagar ?
2. the first meeting point for the entire group and time (Is everyone meeting before Bidadi ?)
Old 6th April 2013, 09:37   #4487
Team-BHP Support

Here are the NICE road entry points. Members unfamiliar with the city interiors - all you need to do is choose the NICE entrance closest to you, and get down at Mysore road (in the direction towards Mysore).

For members taking the NICE road from North Bangalore side, you have 2 entry points into NICE -

Point A - at peenya (Tumkur road) and
Point B - at Magadi road. Map plotted below :
http://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr=...sz=13&t=m&z=12

Point C will be the meeting point for 7 AM (direction heading towards Mysore)

For members coming from South Bangalore, you have 4 entries into NICE expressway.

Point A - Hosur road
Point B - Bannerghatta road
Point C - Kanakapura road
Point D - PESIT / Hoskerehalli entrance

http://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr=...sz=13&t=m&z=13

Point E is the meeting point for 7 AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks for the update @KarthikK.
Tough ask - would you also know/summarise the various groups coming from a particular locality ? If that's too much, at least I'd like to know:
1. anyone from Old Madras Road/Indiranagar ?
2. the first meeting point for the entire group and time (Is everyone meeting before Bidadi ?)
No information on who is from which exact area, since its a really large group this time, sorry for that. Going by our previous large size meets, it is best to let people come on their own to the common meeting point. Coordinating and calling up 40 people one by one is a futile task, and placing micro-level meeting points in each area (before the main point) as a formal rule will mess up the whole schedule if the sub-groups are stuck waiting for some members who didn't share their phone numbers.

BHPians unfamiliar with the route can PM me, and I will give them my phone number for help in case they are getting lost tomorrow morning.

Members are free to post their departure area here like you did, and wait for others to respond though. If someone else is coming from the same area, he/she can always respond by PMs, exchange numbers and you guys can decide to come together.

The first (main) meeting point for everyone remains Mysore road NICE exit at 7 AM, and I leave sub-group coordinations to you guys - its optional. Some people may choose to come directly. We will wait for half an hour to everyone to come to this point. At 7.30 AM, we will leave the place for Bidadi. Anyone who is delayed can join us directly for breakfast at Bidadi, or directly at Speedway

Last edited by KarthikK : 6th April 2013 at 09:41.
Old 6th April 2013, 12:46   #4488
BHPian

I will be coming from Tumkur road NICE road junction.

please move point B from Peenya to that point.

Plan to be there by around 6:30 am tomorrow.

If anyone else is planning to take the same route please PM me with your telephone numbers. so we can try and group up there.

Leaving to organize breakfast for tomorrow now
Old 6th April 2013, 13:05   #4489
BHPian

I will be coming from Marathahalli. Denver, shall we meet in front of VIMS hospital and head towards NICE road on the ORR? We can meet the HSR group and head together? I am planning to take the EC1 Nice Road entry. Don't know any other. Is there a better one?
Old 6th April 2013, 14:28   #4490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
I will be coming from Marathahalli. Denver, shall we meet in front of VIMS hospital and head towards NICE road on the ORR? We can meet the HSR group and head together? I am planning to take the EC1 Nice Road entry. Don't know any other. Is there a better one?
mashmash,

HSR Group is assembling in front of BDA Complex at 6:15 AM (its located on 14th Main Rd, Sector 1, just opposite to KFC - If your coming from ORR, you would need to go down the flyover which comes after Mantri Sarovar -turn left at the junction below and proceed for a few meters ahead - its on the left side)

As of now - motomaverick, viju, keyank and myself will be meeting there. Do let us know if you would be joining us. If I have missed out anyone from HSR apologies, its just too many people!!

And guys from HSR - do we go green and car pool or are you all bringing your cars?
Old 6th April 2013, 15:45   #4491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
And guys from HSR - do we go green and car pool or are you all bringing your cars?
Forgive me if this is politically incorrect, but I don't believe in car pooling or using public transport.

Anyway, request everyone to be there before 6:15. As long as it is not raining, you will find me standing bang opposite to KFC with my RX135. Else I will be there in a blue Ritz. Looking forward to riding with you all.
Old 6th April 2013, 18:45   #4492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Definitely
A 6 AM start from here will be OK. I will reach in front of VIMS hospital by 5:55 AM. If we are on time near HSR we can meet the group from there and head together.
We have mainly three routes to the meeting point :
1. Through Silk Board-EC-NICE Road - 43 kms
2. Through Domlur-Corporation-Mysore Road - 29 kms
3. Through ORR, Silk Board-BTM-JP Nagar-Nyndahalli-Mysore Road - 32 kms

I usually takes the routes 2 and 3 if starting early and route 1 in the daytime. Hope its not worth taking the NICE road in early morning as we need to travel an extra 12-14 kms(and also we need to pay the toll also ). The timing also will be similar. We can check the traffic tomorrow and take decision on which route to take.
Old 6th April 2013, 19:15   #4493
Distinguished - BHPian

I have to do what I hate doing...last minute Cancellation!
I have a driver duty to do at home and have to miss this mega meet. pumpy_raj had plans to come with me and now he also is cancelling.

I've updated the below list.

Have fun guys!

Quote:

1. KarthikK - Abarth Punto MultiJet (Veg)
2. Manas5 - Rapid
3. n_Aditya (+ half ticket) - Ritz / Ninja 250 (tentative)
4. Vik0728 - Getz (no lunch, no karting)
5. Viju - RX135- (N-Veg)
6. raj.barcode + 1 - i20 / Thar (N-Veg)
7. PC77 + 1 - Swift DZire-(N-Veg)
8. shimshumara - i10
9. ashis89 - P180-(N-Veg)
10. Diesel convert +1 - Rapid (N-Veg)
11. Ikoner_03 - Ikon
12. CrAzY dRiVeR + 1 - Punto 90HP (N-veg)
13. arjithin - Ritz / RE CL 350-( N-Veg)
14. rohittunga + 1 - Linea (Veg)
15. lavish_n - SX4 / RE Classic 350 (N-Veg)
16. SILVERWOOD-Trooper- (N-Veg)
17. Sidhu_Bangalore - Sunny (Veg)
18. aviorp - Scorpio (In for lunch - N.Veg)
19. denver85 - Ertiga (Veg)
20. vidyanand - i20 (N-Veg)
21. Rsudarsanan - BMW 320D ( N-Veg)
22. aajohn - Logan ( N-Veg)
23. nkrishnap + 1 - Linea (Veg)
24. keyank - Safari (Veg)
25. IronH4wk - Getz (N-Veg)
26. Asdon - Punto(N-Veg)
27. sai_ace - Manza (N-Veg)
28. Black12rr - Duke/zen (Veg)
29. mashmash - Fiero/Esteem (+2 are tentative for now) (N-Veg)
30. Mustysekhon - Gypsy (N-Veg)
31. NPV - DZire (no lunch, no karting)
32. d3mon - Swift (Veg)
33. alstonlobo + 1 - a-star (N-veg)
Old 6th April 2013, 19:50   #4494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
Definitely
A 6 AM start from here will be OK. I will reach in front of VIMS hospital by 5:55 AM. If we are on time near HSR we can meet the group from there and head together.
We have mainly three routes to the meeting point :
1. Through Silk Board-EC-NICE Road - 43 kms
2. Through Domlur-Corporation-Mysore Road - 29 kms
3. Through ORR, Silk Board-BTM-JP Nagar-Nyndahalli-Mysore Road - 32 kms

I usually takes the routes 2 and 3 if starting early and route 1 in the daytime. Hope its not worth taking the NICE road in early morning as we need to travel an extra 12-14 kms(and also we need to pay the toll also ). The timing also will be similar. We can check the traffic tomorrow and take decision on which route to take.
Oh that's nice. Traffic should be less at that time I think. I know the first route and not the others. Will take a call tomorrow morning. Give me a call when you leave home.
Old 6th April 2013, 20:30   #4495
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I have pre-ordered the snacks.

Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.

BTW:My Trooper is struck in Mysore, i will tag along with Diesel Convert.

Waseem.
Old 6th April 2013, 22:17   #4496
Team-BHP Support

I'll see you guys tomorrow morning. I was out the entire day (you will see why tomorrow morning ), so couldn't reply to some of your PMs. Sorry for that.

To remind everyone, the meeting point is NICE road exit, on Mysore road, at 7 AM.

We will depart from the meeting point at 7.30 AM sharp. Anyone joining late after this can catch up with us at Bidadi.

All go-karting / ATV organization plans are in place with myself and Mr. Srinivas of Speedway personally handling the karting and ATV coordination tomorrow.

Jet, Set, Go!!!

P.S - please allow Diesel_convert to lead the way for the breakfast stop when we cross Bidadi town bus stop. He knows exactly which shop we are stopping at (there are 15-20 similar looking ones)

Last edited by KarthikK : 6th April 2013 at 22:19.
Old 6th April 2013, 22:34   #4497
BHPian

Can someone mark the approximate location of the breakfast place (in Bidadi) on a map so that I can set my satnav easily?
Old 6th April 2013, 22:39   #4498
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Can someone mark the approximate location of the breakfast place (in Bidadi) on a map so that I can set my satnav easily?
Here it is
http://maps.google.co.in/maps?daddr=...ra=mr&t=m&z=17

You need to follow Diesel_convert from Bidadi town. He will guide us to the exact shop, since there are 15-20 similar looking ones who all sell Thatte idlis.
Old 6th April 2013, 23:05   #4499
BHPian

Quote:

Here it is
http://maps.google.co.in/maps?daddr=...ra=mr&t=m&z=17

You need to follow Diesel_convert from Bidadi town. He will guide us to the exact shop, since there are 15-20 similar looking ones who all sell Thatte idlis.

The directions are a little vague, but for people that need some landmarks here it is anyway!

After bidadi bus stop , look for the second petrol bunk on your left, it is a bp bunk. Go a little further you will see the hotel on your left, it is just before the bank of tranvancore. Not the big hotel after it.
Cheers,
Old 7th April 2013, 00:56   #4500
BHPian

Good night guys.... See you all today morning...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks