Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2012, 17:26   #4096
BHPian

Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

What bad weather, Karthik?

Google and accuweather both say it's going to be sunny on Sunday.
Old 23rd November 2012, 17:37   #4097
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
What bad weather, Karthik?

Google and accuweather both say it's going to be sunny on Sunday.
If that turns out that way, well and good .

I read an article in some news website earlier today, that there is some cyclonic activity on the east coast and this drizzling weather that we have now will continue this weekend. The depression clouds + rain has already started today, as you can observe outside.

This forecast also predicts the same thing - overcast skies + rain over the weekend
http://www.weathercity.com/in/bangalore/

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd November 2012 at 17:42.
Old 23rd November 2012, 17:41   #4098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

9am meeting time? Isn't that a bit too late for you guys to start off from here? You'll reach only by 12 noon, start the climb, come back by 3-4 and again take 3 more hours to reach B'lore. My suggestion is to start off earlier, maybe around 7am or so, have breakfast at Aggarwal's or Kamat on Tumkur road, carry something to eat up on the hill also. Have your lunch on the top, get back here by dusk. The toll gate car queues on Tumkur road can stretch quite a long way on sunday evenings *lol*.
This is turning out to be a full fledged trekking trip. Nice. I'd have to agree with Karthik. 9 am might be late. It will easily be 1 pm by the time we start hiking. An earlier start would be preferable.
Old 23rd November 2012, 17:50   #4099
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
This is turning out to be a full fledged trekking trip. Nice. I'd have to agree with Karthik. 9 am might be late. It will easily be 1 pm by the time we start hiking. An earlier start would be preferable.
I am looking forward to some tales on the Ombathugudda trip that you undertook last year. That is one of the most fascinating travelogues I have ever read. Hopefully on sunday we'll get to hear of some nice experiences you had there.
Old 23rd November 2012, 17:51   #4100
BHPian

Sunday, I guess everyone wants to get up leisurely and from the meeting point, where Vinu has mentioned, Madhugiri is around 85Kms. So, shouldn't take us more than a couple of hours to reach.

Guys, please have your breakfast before the meet. Lets not stop anywhere for food (may be a smoke )

So, 9AM at the NICE road exit, everyone

(map is in the previous page)

Last edited by aviorp : 23rd November 2012 at 17:54.
Old 23rd November 2012, 18:09   #4101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking forward to some tales on the Ombathugudda trip that you undertook last year. That is one of the most fascinating travelogues I have ever read. Hopefully on sunday we'll get to hear of some nice experiences you had there.
No problemo!! It's been almost 2 years now since I went there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
Sunday, I guess everyone wants to get up leisurely and from the meeting point, where Vinu has mentioned, Madhugiri is around 85Kms. So, shouldn't take us more than a couple of hours to reach.

Guys, please have your breakfast before the meet. Lets not stop anywhere for food (may be a smoke )

(map is in the previous page)
Good idea. No stoppages till we reach the destination. Better stock up some water, maybe some energy bars, biscuits etc. I'm sure it is going to be hot.
Old 23rd November 2012, 22:08   #4102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. KiloAlpha - Figo (AlphaKilo is another member's handle, hehe. KiloAlpha won't be too happy if you mix up)
AlphaKilo is my long-lost evil twin ...
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:22   #4103
Senior - BHPian

I would prefer to meet at around 7.30am to 8am at the Tumkur flyover. If we say 9am, By the time everyone is at the point it would have become 10am.

Just a thought.
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:55   #4104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn
I would prefer to meet at around 7.30am to 8am at the Tumkur flyover. If we say 9am, By the time everyone is at the point it would have become 10am.

Just a thought.
This will be my 1st TBhp meet and I'm assuming that all of us will be there on time and won't make each other wait. A 1.5 hour buffer may not be necessary.

May be we could decide to start from the meeting point at 9.15 am sharp. Traffic is not always predictable and those who arrive after, can catch up and meet us at Madhugiri directly. That way we won't be making any one wait.

Do we share our contact details out here for when we want to contact each other ? Not sure what the protocol is.
Old 24th November 2012, 06:44   #4105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
This will be my 1st TBhp meet and I'm assuming that all of us will be there on time and won't make each other wait. A 1.5 hour buffer may not be necessary.

May be we could decide to start from the meeting point at 9.15 am sharp. Traffic is not always predictable and those who arrive after, can catch up and meet us at Madhugiri directly. That way we won't be making any one wait.

Do we share our contact details out here for when we want to contact each other ? Not sure what the protocol is.
shishir has a point actually. TST (team-bhp standard time) is usually stretchable from what we've seen in all our meets till now

Anyway, whoever can, lets try to be there (meeting point) by 8.45 so that we guys who are flagging you off have some time to chit-chat before the actual trekkers depart.

No contact details shared here. Just PM aviorp, guyfrmblr or anyone else from the convoy who can keep in touch with you tomorrow, and exchange numbers. That's it.
Old 24th November 2012, 07:56   #4106
BHPian

Quote:
shishir has a point actually. TST (team-bhp standard time) is usually stretchable from what we've seen in all our meets till now

Anyway, whoever can, lets try to be there (meeting point) by 8.45 so that we guys who are flagging you off have some time to chit-chat before the actual trekkers depart.

No contact details shared here. Just PM aviorp, guyfrmblr or anyone else from the convoy who can keep in touch with you tomorrow, and exchange numbers. That's it.
I'll be there by 8.30 AM, may be earlier; you have my word. I'm looking forward to meeting the members and their automobiles.
Old 24th November 2012, 07:59   #4107
BHPian

Quote:
Updating :
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
I'll meet you all at the meeting point, may be click some pics - flag off the convoy and then get back to the boring yet mandatory stuff back home, while you guys are having fun driving and trecking .
Old 24th November 2012, 22:46   #4108
BHPian

I really do want to come, but not sure if I'll wake up as I've got some urgent work to finish.

I will try my best, hope to meet you all

Updating:
1. KiloAlpha - Figo
2. aviorp - Scorpio
3. addyhemmige (with me or alpha)
4. karthikK - Punto / T-Jet
5. Shishirbn - Xylo
6. Vinu - sx4
7. rksans - CBR250R / i10
8. guyfrmblr - i20
9. hemant.anand - Punto
10. d3mon - Swift
11. di1in - OHC
Old 24th November 2012, 23:03   #4109
BHPian

I hate to say this but unfortunately will not be able to make it tomorrow. This is the first time, I'm gonna miss it. I was stuck with some work the whole day and was hoping to finish it, but couldn't. Have a slim chance, if things turn out well, I'll try meeting you all at Madhugiri. Sorry about the last minute update

Last edited by aviorp : 24th November 2012 at 23:04.
Old 24th November 2012, 23:20   #4110
BHPian

Same here - some last minute stuff cropped up for Sunday, will not be able to make it this time :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks