Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2012, 13:38   #3721
BHPian

Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Again google maps at work which pointed us to take right. If you dont know the route and dont have google maps never try to attempt this route at all as the chances of getting lost are more and there is not even a single guy to help you.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3687.jpg

This is what happens if you ignore even a small weed while riding.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3688.jpg

Now we should be even more careful as we reach this passage.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3689.jpg

Checking google maps if we are on our way to vaderahalli lake.
You can even see abandoned house.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3690.jpg

A look at the path we had crossed, again pictures dont do any justice.
I feel tempted to buy hero impulse and do this terrain in a jiffy but again have to wait as honda is releasing a 250cc off roader .
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3691.jpg

After looking at this terrain asked kaushik what if we had a flat tyre in mid of this jungle? he say "please, dont remind me even i am not prepared "

A pipeline in this area? something is fishy.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3692.jpg

On the way
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3695.jpg

Now we join to much wider roads
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3694.jpg

and see our Destination
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3696.jpg

Last edited by brraj : 9th July 2012 at 13:54.
Old 9th July 2012, 14:21   #3722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
wow! you guys had fun, eh? how's that body ache coming?

OT:

reminds me of the time i went mountain biking with my cousin in Boise. we drove up to the base of the hill in a Pathfinder with the cycles attached at the back. took out the cycles and started the climb. at the beginning it was bearable, but then the steep inclines started and my legs were getting weak. eventually, i ended up pushing my cycle up while my more experienced cousin rode it up. all the way up other bikers were clapping and encouraging my push-the-cycle effort

once we reached the top, i thought its over and i can finally rest; boy was i so wrong. that's when we started the bone-jarring decent - it was scarier that the ascent!! well, to make a long story short - i wasn't able to get out of the bed for two days!!

never touched a cycle after that *green grinning fella*
My cycle though its not geared has front and back shocks which saved me from bone-jarring rides i guess.

Trust me, When i got back to home had a quick shower and slept for 3hours thats it all my pains are vanished. Probably ancient exercise has helped me a lot here.

Have seen a lot of youtube videos regarding the same and yes it looks scarier. With right bike, gear and proper training it should be doable and fun and will be attemting it aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
So bike hunting has started now, eh?
Yes mind-reader have already started.
Old 9th July 2012, 14:39   #3723
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics there Rajeeb. Thanks for sharing. Yeah, those ups were difficult to manage with geared MTB too as it was all gravel and was loosing traction. Also I didn't wanted to risk a fall with my camera. Hardcore MTB guys would do those stretches easily I guess.
It was a nice refreshing ride and rides like this can be enjoyed more if there is company. Waiting for the next ride and hope brraj would soon get his MTB/hybrid . BTW, I still really can't believe that you could do the whole trip with that cycle. You can easily do 100kms if you get a better cycle for sure.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 9th July 2012 at 14:41.
Old 9th July 2012, 15:29   #3724
BHPian

Snap of steeds
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3697.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3698.jpg

Wondering if its Granite stones
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3699.jpg

Wide view of the lake
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3700.jpg

Star of the trip - It was so light and easily rideable that we could lift it with just 2 fingers.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3701.jpg

Clear waters, Fresh air and Jungle ride made our day.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3702.jpg

Two steeds near the lake, while taking this snap saw a fish which jumped a feet high weighing atleast 1-1 1/2kg. This repeated in random places so could not take any snaps of it and no wonder we saw few professional anglers too.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3703.jpg
Old 9th July 2012, 16:03   #3725
BHPian

Riding in this narrow road was fun.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3704.jpg

Dont know why is this built for?
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3705.jpg

Boating entrance
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3706.jpg

You have coracle
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3707.jpg

and boats
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3708.jpg

Boats are tied to this wharf. We wanted to try boating but starts only at 10am so couldnt wait for that long and left the place.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3709.jpg

Last snap of lake before leaving.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3710.jpg

Handful of nuts supported till here and we were feeling hungry, To our luck there is no food joint nearby aswell.
Old 9th July 2012, 16:48   #3726
BHPian

Awesome pics and a nice trip.

@ brraj - Is it possible for us to get there in our cars?? was thinking of a small off-road event here??
Old 9th July 2012, 17:08   #3727
BHPian

We had a discussion weather we have to take kanakapura road or the route which we came by. Google maps indicated route which we have taken was the shortest and we decided to goahead because we were now hungry.

We started to walk with our bike after riding for some 3-4kms into the jungle as riding in loose sand is difficult and will eat up our energy faster. We even spotted elephant dung while returning.

Exactly at this place spotted a cute deer which crossed in a jiffy.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3711.jpg

Asked kaushik "If we spot a deer, chances are that leapords might be around. Right?" for this he says "I doubt" and starts riding faster than me .
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3712.jpg

Me on my bike
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3713.jpg

After returning to tarmac roads few people warned us not to do this again as it was a restricted area. We said 'OK' and left the place.
By this time we were starving for food to core and found this place to rejoice. Bought bananas each costing 5rs, damn even if it was 10rs i would have bought it at that time.

Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3714.jpg

After some rest we exchange our bikes to test each others ride.
Me riding a geared cycle.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3715.jpg

With in 10-15feet kaushik say "I cant ride a gearless cycle, i am tired".
We again exchange bike and to our luck we see a small hotel and ordered these. Poori is missing.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_3716.jpg

After polishing off all the food we took some rest and left to our place.
All in all the adventurous ride was super fun.

At the end was surprised by the time i took to ride 30kms with in 4 1/2hrs which include breaks every 4-5kms, breakfast, google
maps searching and stops for clicks and all in a gearless cycle.
I hear from kaushik that professionals can ride at around 70-80kms/hr and cover 100kms easily.

Have already started searching for good hybrid geared bike which can do atleast 70kms/hr.

Over to kaushik, post the beautiful pictures you have captured.

Last edited by brraj : 9th July 2012 at 17:11.
Old 9th July 2012, 18:31   #3728
Senior - BHPian

I'm still to download the pictures from my camera to the PC. Would try to post them soon.
70kmph on a hybrid might not be possible but experts can comment. I can take a safe guess that you would need a roadie (road bike/race bikes) and some good training to reach that speed. Many regular riders cover 100kms for their weekend rides and even more. For me it's difficult to ride that much now due to my weight and stamina but hopefully will be there soon.
About the Leopard, well, what I actually said was let's catch it :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
Awesome pics and a nice trip.

@ brraj - Is it possible for us to get there in our cars?? was thinking of a small off-road event here??
I don't think you can take your off-roaders there unless you can find another route. We went thru a gated road and as we went early there were no one to stop us. But the main gate was locked near the factory we took our cycles thru the pedestrian gate. But this won't be a tough terrain for the off-roaders and even a Swift can make it thru that road (except obviously for the walking shortcut where we had to carry our cycles).
Old 27th July 2012, 09:29   #3729
Team-BHP Support

Amazing photos and narration of the whole cycling trip raj. Kaushik, photos eagerly awaited. We should do this part again by walk (the part where cars can't enter).

guys, when is the next meet on 4 wheels? Long time since we had one. Was the Krishnagiri meet in beginning of May? Man, time really flies
Old 27th July 2012, 11:25   #3730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s
I'm still to download the pictures from my camera to the PC. Would try to post them soon.
70kmph on a hybrid might not be possible but experts can comment. I can take a safe guess that you would need a roadie (road bike/race bikes) and some good training to reach that speed. Many regular riders cover 100kms for their weekend rides and even more. For me it's difficult to ride that much now due to my weight and stamina but hopefully will be there soon.
About the Leopard, well, what I actually said was let's catch it :P

I don't think you can take your off-roaders there unless you can find another route. We went thru a gated road and as we went early there were no one to stop us. But the main gate was locked near the factory we took our cycles thru the pedestrian gate. But this won't be a tough terrain for the off-roaders and even a Swift can make it thru that road (except obviously for the walking shortcut where we had to carry our cycles).
Nice to read about the Charge of the Bicycle brigade missed it.

About 70kms and all, my friend did 140kms in 12hours on a hybrid, Bangalore to DD hills and back. Dude has lost so many kilos that im now inspired to lose the spare tyre around my tummy.

When is the next meet guys?
Old 27th July 2012, 21:38   #3731
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 28th July 2012 at 14:31.
Sowmya is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th July 2012, 22:16   #3732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
guys, when is the next meet on 4 wheels? Long time since we had one
What about Kanva Reservoir this saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
When is the next meet guys?
I am doing it every sundays 6am-9am, let me know if you want to join.
Old 30th July 2012, 22:21   #3733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj

What about Kanva Reservoir this saturday.

I am doing it every sundays 6am-9am, let me know if you want to join.
Thanks will let you know shortly. That timing is great btw.
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:22   #3734
Senior - BHPian

so? are we meeting or what?
Old 3rd August 2012, 14:19   #3735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
so? are we meeting or what?
If you are ready? that makes 2 of us for the Kanva dam meet this saturday 4th.

These days, KarthikK calls for the meet but doesnt appear when some one organizes .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks