Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 13:16   #3061
Team-BHP Support

Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Seems like Bangalore roads will be free for this weekend. And probably we can send our official sticker spotter (fauladiBaaz) to Chikmagalur to spot the stickers in the wild :P

So I guess only Raj (brraj) and me are there for the drive. Anyway, let's see, if more people join then we can still have a meet.
Add me for the drive Saw raj's PM now. What is the destination decided as of now? Does D.Durga have steps to the top? Hope I don't need to do some mountaineering/rock climbing?

P.S - had been to Yelagiri with friends this past saturday. It can safely be removed from the list raj and I were contemplating last week. Except for the roads from GQ to the top of Yelagiri (awesome stuff), nothing worth spending time on; The GQ road quality from Hosur to Krishnagiri has deteriorated and become very bumpy and patchy. Also, there is absolutely nothing to do on the top.

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th August 2011 at 13:33.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 14:19   #3062
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Brraj. I am game for a saturday morning drive. Had been to DD hills last sunday, the day after the nandi hills drive. Pretty good drive to the top. There are steps after the final parking point. The steps lead up to the temple. But after that I saw a few people going even higher up, but the only way to go there is by rock climbing. Not advisable if going with kids.

I am quite eager for a drive this weekend, as I want to test my latest acquisition. (My new Nikkor Tele Zoom Lens) ;-)
Old 9th August 2011, 14:39   #3063
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys, apart from DD, what other options do we have? And instead of keeping it too early in the morning, can we have the start by 6am types?

So the list as of now is,

1. brraj
2. kaushik_s
3. karthikk
4. thedreamcatcher
Old 9th August 2011, 14:46   #3064
BHPian

No plans for Saturday till now and will be happy to join the meet.
Adding to the list for now, but will confirm my presence sometime on Thursday as i am expecting some personal commitment to popup on Saturday.

1. brraj
2. kaushik_s
3. karthikk
4. thedreamcatcher
5. BulZire
Old 9th August 2011, 15:11   #3065
BHPian

Not able to make it this weekend guys :(
have fun
Old 9th August 2011, 17:42   #3066
BHPian

kaushik_s - We can start after 6am no issues. Other option is ramnagar(where sholey shooting was done). Highlight in ramnagar is you can explore bear caves. Once i had been there and its one sight you should never miss.
Old 9th August 2011, 18:19   #3067
Senior - BHPian

For DD hills, will be good to leave by around 0500, so we can get a good amount of fog when we reach there. Sun rise will be an added bonus.

But 0600 is also no problem. I went last sunday, and left my house after 1000 AM, this was with family and inlaws. Not sure when we reached, but must have been around 0100 PM, since we stopped for lunch, fuel, etc along the way. Even reaching at afternoon, the place was not so crowded (It was, but to the extent of Nandi Hills).
Old 9th August 2011, 19:13   #3068
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey Guys, apart from DD, what other options do we have? And instead of keeping it too early in the morning, can we have the start by 6am types?
Other options apart from those mentioned above? Here are some I have visited in the past

Bheemeshwari / Muthathi (110km, Kanakapura road), Shivanasamudra (120km, Kanakapura road), Pearl Valley (50km, B'ghatta road), Krishnagiri dam (110km, Hosur road GQ), Ranganthittu + Thonnur Kere (110km, Mysore road), Manchanbele dam + big banyan tree (50km, Mysore road)

+1 for starting after 6am

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th August 2011 at 19:16.
Old 9th August 2011, 19:34   #3069
Senior - BHPian

Hey Raj, more info about bear caves at Ramnagara? And btw, does this involve trekking/rock climbing? Just want to know.
@Dreamcatcher, considering the weather these days I think fog will be there till 8am. Last time when we went for TBHP drive there it was foggy till we left (I think around 7.30am). Yup good thing about the place is that it's not crowded.
@KArthikk, thanks for posting so many options, been to most of these places except Krishnagiri Dam. BTW, another good drive is to Lepakshi.
Old 10th August 2011, 09:52   #3070
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Raj, more info about bear caves at Ramnagara? And btw, does this involve trekking/rock climbing? Just want to know.
@Dreamcatcher, considering the weather these days I think fog will be there till 8am. Last time when we went for TBHP drive there it was foggy till we left (I think around 7.30am). Yup good thing about the place is that it's not crowded.
@KArthikk, thanks for posting so many options, been to most of these places except Krishnagiri Dam. BTW, another good drive is to Lepakshi.
kaushik_s - Its around 3kms walk to the caves from the foot hills of ramnagar no rock climbing involved.

Lepakshi is one place i would love to drive often.
Old 11th August 2011, 10:58   #3071
Senior - BHPian

Is anything happening here. What is the status?
Old 11th August 2011, 16:26   #3072
Senior - BHPian

So guys, what is the status? Till now total 5 on the list. BTW, dreamcatcher has a different proposition and that sounds good to me. Dude, why don't you post it here on the thread itself?
Old 11th August 2011, 18:18   #3073
Senior - BHPian

Yes, as I had PMed, the place is called Karanji lake and is located in the vicinity of Mysore. Thanks to InderS1 for the idea. It is similar to Ranganathittu and houses indias largest indoor aviary and a butterfly park. Also has boating.

After this, we can then go to Planet X for karting, bowling and so on

Then back to bangalore. What say? Brraj unfortunately needs to be back by 1130. IN that case we can also look at sunday. Further, in mysore, Inder will also meet up with us
Old 11th August 2011, 18:40   #3074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Yes, as I had PMed, the place is called Karanji lake and is located in the vicinity of Mysore. Thanks to InderS1 for the idea. It is similar to Ranganathittu and houses indias largest indoor aviary and a butterfly park. Also has boating.

After this, we can then go to Planet X for karting, bowling and so on

Then back to bangalore. What say? Brraj unfortunately needs to be back by 1130. IN that case we can also look at sunday. Further, in mysore, Inder will also meet up with us
Excellent. I can catch up with you guys if you are coming to mysore
I'll be driving to mysore tomorrow evening.
Karanji lake is indeed a good place, you could drive up to chamundi hills as well.
Old 11th August 2011, 19:45   #3075
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Excellent. I can catch up with you guys if you are coming to mysore
I'll be driving to mysore tomorrow evening.
Karanji lake is indeed a good place, you could drive up to chamundi hills as well.
Guys, another place in Mysore is the back waters of the KRS.
If its not raining and the place is still accessible you should visit.
@figo should be aware of it.

Here are some snaps by Riju.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2095477

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks