Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2011, 12:03   #2461
BHPian

Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
I'm back from my 1st meet!!!!!

I only felt the handles to be familiar sounding, but realized only now, that I'd met thedreamcatcher, kaushik_s, rk_sans, asdon etc. whose posts, dozens of, I'd read
More to come man!
Really nice catching up with a gentlemen like Anil, Supriyo, Bushan , Kilo Alpha, etc. and of course, greenhorn!!!! I thoroughly enjoyed today's meet.
Holy heavens creaky doors!, why is my name (B"h"ushan) followed by a teeth-displaying-smile!
Most importantly, I got to tag along with a gem of a person, Praz and his gem of a car, the Punto Mjd. I've decided to buy a Punto and not an i20!!!
Well, thats good!, maybe next meet we will see another beauty called Punto!

EDIT: A special thanks to IronH4wk, because of whom, I now have Tbhp stickers to adorn my i10!!!
Fauladibaaz has always been so generous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
I thought I would be the first one to post after coming back from the meet. Arkin has beaten me to it.
I was enjoying the ride! Just came back.. you guys went straight home?
Anyways, it was an amazing meet and I would like to thank ace and other bhpians for making it possible.
Honors Felt even better this side.

Now, waiting for the photos....
+1 on photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
It was a great meet and drive! Had a good time meeting all you guys.

Most of all my daughter enjoyed it as well. Here are a few photos from my side. Will upload remaining later, need to hit the sack for a little while.
Glad to know that!
Myra is really a beautiful angel!
Lots of love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Had a wonderful, very short and sweet meet. Will post the pics from my side in few hours.
Please ASAP lol.

Guys,

The spirit that we saw at 0330 hrs (Ok, alright, 0400hrs!) is worth a mention!
I mean, we truly are the ones who "live to drive"..
I cannot explain well, how overwhelming the feeling was. (but, I guess, I dont have to, its mutual!)
And, the families accompanying us there, that goes far enough to say, the spirit is shared alike even at home!
Salut to all. (special regards to Myra too!)

All,

Keep the passion like it is.. growing!

Revving,

Ace.
Old 15th May 2011, 20:22   #2462
BHPian

Guys I've fallen agonizingly sick, shortly after I reached home. The bread - omlet is the key supsect.

Illegal parking by us team-bhpians!!!

Oh, and It was wonderful to have Dr Rajkumar grace the occassion with his presence.

BTW, Praz and I didn't leave early! We tailed Kilo Alpha's Figo thinking that he was proceeding elsewhere for the photoshoot, but we realized only later that he was driving home! :-(
Attached Thumbnails
Quick Meets at Bangalore-rajkumar.jpg  

Old 16th May 2011, 16:35   #2463
BHPian

Just now found time to get back on this thread. My first T-Bhp meet in Bangalore, and it was amazing. The 175hp scorching hot optra, and other neatly maintained rides, the curvy nandi roads, waiting to put some rubber on them at the first gate, to the maggi and bread omlette at the top and the final photo shoot, a really memorable one.

And, great pics too.

Cheers,
Sun
Old 17th May 2011, 12:58   #2464
Senior - BHPian

Just in case someone missed the report, here it is -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ay-2011-a.html

@zoomsun, so your Innova is peted? Awesome.
kaushik_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 14:40   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Just in case someone missed the report, here it is -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ay-2011-a.html

@zoomsun, so your Innova is peted? Awesome.
Nice report. Looking at the photos and the videos, make me want to go on one more trip. Ace, how about organizing one more soon??

@kaushik_s, I think I should use your fine photography skills next time to take some nice pictures of my Punto. Your photos are awesome!!
Old 17th May 2011, 15:08   #2466
BHPian

Lovely pictures, Don't know how I missed this thread, would have loved to join you all.. Anyways when is the next meet going to take place??
Old 17th May 2011, 15:17   #2467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice report. Looking at the photos and the videos, make me want to go on one more trip. Ace, how about organizing one more soon??
There should be a long one pretty soon. People are roaring to go for a longer overnight stay kind of drive. Come on guys, let start the ball rolling.

Quote:
@kaushik_s, I think I should use your fine photography skills next time to take some nice pictures of my Punto. Your photos are awesome!!
Thanks pal, anytime ready for a photoshoot. Would love to click the Punto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrocks7 View Post
Lovely pictures, Don't know how I missed this thread, would have loved to join you all.. Anyways when is the next meet going to take place??
You can subscribe to the thread. I've done that some time back after missing so many drives and now I don't miss any new updates.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 17th May 2011 at 15:19.
Old 17th May 2011, 16:05   #2468
Team-BHP Support

Ok, I missed out on the Nandi Hills drive so I need to make it up soon!

I've 2 things in mind :

1) A late-night drive on Mysore road to the CCD/Barista the next weekend i.e. 27/28th night.

2) How about a B'lore T-BHP drive to Gokarna (a tucked away beach in Karnataka just before Goa). Drive on Friday night, spend 2 days there/a day there and another in Palolem and get back. This could mid-June. What say?

The previous meet is done; how about planning another one. The show must go on folks!

Last edited by libranof1987 : 17th May 2011 at 16:06.
Old 17th May 2011, 17:31   #2469
BHPian

If we are looking at a semi long drive and overnight stay, how about Shakleshpur/Coorg? both are within 250kms and too many options for photography too. Another place I have in mind is Pollachi, what say guys?
Old 17th May 2011, 17:45   #2470
Senior - BHPian

we're driving down to Chennai for a wedding early 28th morning, so won't be able to be a part of the meet if you guys planning on on that weekend.
Old 17th May 2011, 18:01   #2471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
If we are looking at a semi long drive and overnight stay, how about Shakleshpur/Coorg? both are within 250kms and too many options for photography too. Another place I have in mind is Pollachi, what say guys?
Pollachi would be 400kms around. Haven't been there though.
Sakleshpur would be also good. But how is the road condition now?
And where in Coorg exactly? Quite a few options there..
Other options are BR Hills, Chikmagalur/Kemmandgundi, Kotagiri/Avalanche etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Ok, I missed out on the Nandi Hills drive so I need to make it up soon!

I've 2 things in mind :

1) A late-night drive on Mysore road to the CCD/Barista the next weekend i.e. 27/28th night.
That can be easily planned. Been there done that many times . Barista used to be our SAturday night hangout after 12.

Quote:
2) How about a B'lore T-BHP drive to Gokarna (a tucked away beach in Karnataka just before Goa). Drive on Friday night, spend 2 days there/a day there and another in Palolem and get back. This could mid-June. What say?

The previous meet is done; how about planning another one. The show must go on folks!
Not sure how would be the beaches around June time as it might be hot or raining. If raining it'll be a different charm though. Gokarna is not that close and need atleast 3 days instead of just 2.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 17th May 2011 at 18:06.
Old 17th May 2011, 18:12   #2472
Team-BHP Support

Alrighty then!

27th night, we go for a drive.

What say I start a list :

1) libranof1987
2) kaushik_s (took the liberty!)

Quote:
Not sure how would be the beaches around June time as it might be hot or raining. If raining it'll be a different charm though. Gokarna is not that close and need atleast 3 days instead of just 2.
Well, drive Friday night; spend 2 days, start on Sunday night! Quite a plan, eh?
Old 17th May 2011, 18:22   #2473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gokarna is not that close and need atleast 3 days instead of just 2.
Think again. Look at this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...e-gokarna.html

Been there, done that too. By who you say, the dreamcatcher, asdon, inder and alterego. Read on to find out more

Anyway, I was responding to Ace's mail on gmail. So putting things on this portal. I am already planning a nightout drive along with Asdon/ace and others free to join. The urge is big and lets aim for something good by the next month
Old 17th May 2011, 18:30   #2474
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post

Been there, done that too. By who you say, the dreamcatcher, asdon, inder and alterego. Read on to find out more

Anyway, I was responding to Ace's mail on gmail. So putting things on this portal. I am already planning a nightout drive along with Asdon/ace and others free to join. The urge is big and lets aim for something good by the next month
Right, so you should be in for the Gokarna plan

And anything you plan after 27th may, consider me a part of it by default!
Old 17th May 2011, 18:45   #2475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Alrighty then!

27th night, we go for a drive.

What say I start a list :

1) libranof1987
2) kaushik_s (took the liberty!)
I'm in for night drive. I just hope that I don't have too much work to finish. My project release date is closer now.

Quote:
Well, drive Friday night; spend 2 days, start on Sunday night! Quite a plan, eh?
Not bad, not bad at all..

Quote:

He he guys, I eat my words and what a trip you guys had . But that stretch, that Shimoga to Jog stretch via Sagar, I love to drive there when there is light. It's just that it's the most beautiful stretch in whole of South India. Normally what I did for previous trips was that I'll drive till Shimoga, night stay(preferably Jewel Rock) and start early morning before Sunrise and reach Jog via Sagar. It's just an amazing drive. Oh yeah, I would like to do that again. Would be in if it's not clashing with my project release date on mid-June.

Quote:
Dude, keep me in the loop please.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 17th May 2011 at 18:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks