Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2011, 18:55   #2071
Senior - BHPian

Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Been there today morning.

Left home at 08:45 (Marthahalli). Took the normal route outer ring road, Hebbal and Airport Road. Parked at P8 Venkatala, around 1km from Kogilu cross by 09:30AM. Kiddos, smooth flow of traffic all the way till there.

From the parking lot a BMTC bus took us all the way to the other P8 parking lot opposite the venue. There they took the physical pass with RFID holders for the screening and in another bus they left them at the venue through the underpass. No hassles easy entry to the venue from the parking lots. Amazing arrangements. And they reached the venue before 10:00AM.

But the online guys had to walk out from P8 cross the road go to Gate 1 to get the physical passes with RFID printed. As luck would have it, it was the counter for buying tickets as well. So all in all either online or buying ticket at the venue looked the same. As luck would have had it, the servers were down. So no print outs possible - Some irresponsible officers even had the guts to ask people to go back and come tomorrow!!

Some irate guys and officials blew their top and immediately a bypass arrangment were made. Show the online print outs ( either the unique id or the payment) along with a valid photo id. You are allowed at the gates. Things became easy after that and no hassles any where.

Come to think of it - I can go tomorrow also since I have not been issued any pass I wont be doing that - but is a possibility since it cannot be checked.

RFID passes were for security, but they could not have it completely fool proof due to the server issues. Nevertheless good try. Next time might be even better.

Everywhere it was written no bags will be allowed. I have seen every other guy carrying shoulder bags. So I guess that guideline is already compromised.

It was said no kids under 18 are allowed in business days. This rule is also compromised and we had toddlers in prams to high school ones.

At the exit of the venue there were BMTC buses ready to ply you back to the parking lots. We exited at 17:00 reached back home by 18:15, including the transit by BMTC and commute by our car. No major traffic issues.

On the whole I must appreciate the arrangements. The negatives were - bags, kids rule compromised and the initial online ticket glitch.
Old 10th February 2011, 19:13   #2072
Senior - BHPian

Even I got the mail from AeroIndia finally on the 8th.

Dont the visitors on Saturday get to see the static display. Some one told me that after the business visitor hours are over, it is open to general public
Old 10th February 2011, 19:55   #2073
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Mahindra Thar on a corner, obviously no one gave it a look even. When the other beauties were around I guess it was brave of mahindra to keep it there - LOL
Old 11th February 2011, 17:02   #2074
BHPian

Managed to catch hold of AKi10 / Alex while snacking at Sweet Chariots, next to my office today afternoon. Since my ride was looking like it was pleading for a long overdue wash and seeing that Alex also wanted to get his ride washed, we headed out for to a place nearby, an Automatic Car Wash that just started up 6 months back. This is located near Brigade Millenium Apartment complex for all those who would like to check it out. For further details PM me or ring me up. It is definitely worth the money.

@AKi10 - Nice meeting you buddy ! Atleast you could have let me buy you some snacks since it was you who found the "lost cam" !
Old 11th February 2011, 17:04   #2075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Managed to catch hold of AKi10 / Alex while snacking at Sweet Chariots, next to my office today afternoon. Since my ride was looking like it was pleading for a long overdue wash and seeing that Alex also wanted to get his ride washed, we headed out for to a place nearby, an Automatic Car Wash that just started up 6 months back. This is located near Brigade Millenium Apartment complex for all those who would like to check it out. For further details PM me or ring me up. It is definitely worth the money.
OT:

rohit, is this a drive through car wash?
Old 11th February 2011, 17:31   #2076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
OT:

rohit, is this a drive through car wash?
Well, you have to drive into it, but its not a conventional drive through car-wash as you may have seen abroad. Nevertheless, it is worth 250 as they do a neat and complete job.

Let me try to explain the process as I observed it.

First, the mats in the car is removed and they start cleaning it. Then the car is driven into a 8 metre strip carefully back and forth while the water sprinklers wash down the car. There are sprinklers under the car as well as on both sides and above it.

In the first pic attached below, you will see the sprinklers on the T shaped impression in the drive strip.

Once the car is rid of all mud,dirt,stains etc (under body and above) the car is covered with foam completely. While the foaming is carried out, one of them manually applies the foam onto the alloys/drums and the tyres and inside the wheel arch.

Then the machine moves in, and sprinkles water and starts running its huge gigantic brushes along with the running water jets.

Thereafter, the machine then wipes down the water as far as it can.

Finally, the vehicle is pulled out of the strip and then the tyres and alloys are waxed/cleaned by 1 person while 2 others wipe down the car.The interiors are also vacuum cleaned along with dash board polishing by a 4th person.

Attaching 2 pics for a better idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Quick Meets at Bangalore-prefoaming-wash-done-t-strip.jpg  

Quick Meets at Bangalore-foamed-n-being-prepared-machine-wash2.jpg  

Old 11th February 2011, 17:43   #2077
BHPian

This car wash is pretty interesting. I was happy when i read the previous post and wanted to try it out. On seeing the details its a semi automated carwash. I remember getting my car washed in the Gulf via a CarWash, it was fun, sitting inside and the water, soap, rollers come and clean the car. When it rolls out a team of guys are ready to dry it off.
This is the step in the right direction.
Old 11th February 2011, 18:42   #2078
Senior - BHPian

rohit, you might wanna post this in the Team BHP Directory. i'm sure lot more people would be interested in this
Old 16th February 2011, 11:27   #2079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
rohit, you might wanna post this in the Team BHP Directory. i'm sure lot more people would be interested in this
Seems like there is already a thread for this outlet in the directory.

On another note, anyone interested in a quick meet again like the previous one near the lake side ?
Old 17th February 2011, 17:36   #2080
BHPian

wouldn't this process leave swirls on the car?
Old 17th February 2011, 17:49   #2081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
wouldn't this process leave swirls on the car?
I am not sure but I had asked the owner of this place the same question. He then asked me "What cleaning process is there which does not even leave a single swirl mark on the car ?" . Even if it does leave swirls on the car, I guess the depth of it would be rather small or negligible.
Old 18th February 2011, 09:13   #2082
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
I am not sure but I had asked the owner of this place the same question. He then asked me "What cleaning process is there which does not even leave a single swirl mark on the car ?" . Even if it does leave swirls on the car, I guess the depth of it would be rather small or negligible.
Interesting, cause even abroad these machines are not preferred by those who wish to reduce swirls appearance. Unless the brushes are very high quality, they will surely inflict more than negligible swirls. Only experience can say what really happens here
Old 24th February 2011, 17:04   #2083
Team-BHP Support

Folks, long time no see.

How about a meet this Saturday 26th Feb.

We could meet at the same place as the last meet i.e JP Nagar and have nice photoshoot later.

Else, some other end of the city.

It's been long since the last meet so we could plan a drive on NICE road later.

What say?
Old 24th February 2011, 19:21   #2084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Folks, long time no see.

How about a meet this Saturday 26th Feb.

What say?
Everytime I say I'm game I just miss it due to some unforeseen things strangling my plans, Im just gonna be lurking on this thread and after the final day/date/time/place is decided, tada, I'll just appear
Old 24th February 2011, 20:13   #2085
Senior - BHPian

hmm.. my in-laws will be shifting their house over the weekend and i'm not sure if i might be able to make it. i'm not saying no, but at the same time not committing either.

i'll be in a holding pattern till date/time/LZ is decided

PS: this time, keep it in the first half of the day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks