Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 13:56   #2056
BHPian

Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Did not get any mail from Aero India, just have the Transaction receipt, will a print out of this work to get the ticket from venue or SBI?
Old 9th February 2011, 14:11   #2057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i think that rule applies to the exhibition area (the business visitor?) - doing business; buying F-16's for your garage or something
Yeah, am thinking on those lines. You see, the traffic on the roads are getting worse day by day, so why not take to flying!

Quote:
* any idea how early would the RFID counters be open?
* can one retain the ticket or do we have return it at the end of the day?
The website says the counters would open one hour before the scheduled time of opening of the display, so I guess it'd be 09:00hrs

And that we have to return the RFID tags that would be given to us while entering.

Sorry if I sound like M$

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
You can enter on the specified public day, I guess Sunday.

Anil - Nothing like that. Once you are inside you have access to the halls as well.
Thanks for clarifying, DigitalDragon

@asdon: Mate, me too in the same state. No email, only the screenshot of the payment confirmation

Last edited by silversteed : 9th February 2011 at 14:16.
Old 9th February 2011, 14:16   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Anil - Nothing like that. Once you are inside you have access to the halls as well.
Hi Digital Dragon, this is bit surprising so if one pays 400 they are allowed to gain access to the Exhibition area aswell. I which i knew this before i spent on the Business ticket.
Any I will be there on Friday, so waiting for all the inputs from guys going today and tomorrow. On the TV today they were covering it live, i could see ppl with back packs and cameras, might be press people.

After seeing the TV i ran to the roof of my building , i stay in Kodigehalli/Thindlu.
Was able to catch this spec. its 100% crop from my Nikon D50, 55-200 VR lens.
Attached Thumbnails
Quick Meets at Bangalore-1st-pic-aero.jpg  

Old 9th February 2011, 15:48   #2059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Hi Digital Dragon, this is bit surprising so if one pays 400 they are allowed to gain access to the Exhibition area aswell. I which i knew this before i spent on the Business ticket.
i think he was referring to the last day (Sunday) when it's free for all BUT there will be one helluva crowd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Did not get any mail from Aero India, just have the Transaction receipt, will a print out of this work to get the ticket from venue or SBI?
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
@asdon: Mate, me too in the same state. No email, only the screenshot of the payment confirmation
i think there is a delay in receiving the mail. i booked my ticket last week and got the mail early this morning! God help those who booked today!

in case you've not received the mail, carry the transaction receipt when you head to the venue. hopefully they'll be able to get you your pass. but be there early - i'm guessing there is gonna be a huge queue!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 9th February 2011 at 15:53.
Old 9th February 2011, 16:46   #2060
BHPian

Once again from the bangalorephotographyclub forum some one has mentioned he was able to carry his Tamrac Velocity pack, they just do a security check for the bag Hopefully this is true
Old 9th February 2011, 17:03   #2061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Once again from the bangalorephotographyclub forum some one has mentioned he was able to carry his Tamrac Velocity pack, they just do a security check for the bag. Hopefully this is true
it better be true. from what i hear, the ADVA is more than 1km away from the parking area! shutting between your car and the venue isn't gonna be fund
Old 9th February 2011, 17:06   #2062
BHPian

OK Guys. Few updates on ticketing and entry:

1. Ticketing:

There are 3 ways to get the tickets (applies to both business and general visitors). One is through online registration - Once you register and pay the fee, you will be assigned one receipt number. Subsequently you should get an e-mail from the organizer id "b2b@aeroindia.in" mentioning your unique registration id. Once you receive this mail, you can follow the steps which is mentioned in the e-mail (also posted by ironH4WK in one of his posts). Now this mail takes ages to reach you in practice. In this case whether you can carry the print out of the payment receipt page and go directly to the venue or not is still a mystery. Not able to get that info so far. I am on the job to find the same.

Second option is to buy the tickets directly from the designated branches of SBI (ADE, M G Road, Electronics City, Malleswaram, Indiranagar, R T Nagar, J P Nagar, Rajajinagar V Block, Jayanagar II Block, Whitefield, Koramangala and Yelahanka New Town) or the malls (Garuda Mall, Forum Mall, Mantri Mall). The banks can also issue the tickets for online registered users who have the URD BUT at their discretions (as anticipated). Some feedbacks about banks - MG Road, Jayanagar, ADE are supposed to be better, while RT Nagar says they are not issuing tickets (God only knows why). Better to call up the banks before going to them. Some branches accept credit cards and some only cash.

The third option is to buy the tickets at the venue. You need not register online for that. There are live reports of people paying money directly at the ticket counters and getting the tickets.

2. Some pointers:

1. I heard there are separate entry gates for business visitors, general visitors, Exhibitors and Service Providers and of course VVVIIPPPs.
2. General visitors are restricted to Air Display View Area.
3. Business visitors are allowed to visit the static display area as well as the exhibition halls.
4. The difference between ADVA and SDA is : SDA is an elevated place with chairs and all where you can have a clear view of the parked air planes including the flying ones. ADVA is on the ground where you have to stand and see. Both these areas are opposite to hall A&B. As such from ADVA you will not have a proper view of the parked life size planes because of the barricade as well as huge traffic.
4. General visitors will be allowed to exhibition halls on the last day.
5. It is confirmed that camera pouches are allowed.

Last edited by DigitalDragon : 9th February 2011 at 17:16.
Old 9th February 2011, 17:09   #2063
BHPian

Quote:
i think there is a delay in receiving the mail. i booked my ticket last week and got the mail early this morning! God help those who booked today!

in case you've not received the mail, carry the transaction receipt when you head to the venue. hopefully they'll be able to get you your pass. but be there early - i'm guessing there is gonna be a huge queue!
Going to SBI E-City tomorrow with transaction printout, hope they will be able to provide the ticket or unique id.

Edit:- Just received an email from Aero India, mentioning my unique id

Last edited by asdon : 9th February 2011 at 17:24.
Old 9th February 2011, 17:28   #2064
Senior - BHPian

@rajesh - thanks a lot for clearing some of the mystery surrounding the Aero India

folks, regarding footwear - wear something comfy. there is a possibility that you'll need to walk around a lot and not to mention, standing for long time.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by n_aditya : 10th February 2011 at 14:18.
Old 10th February 2011, 10:43   #2065
Distinguished - BHPian

All SBI's have stopped issuing Aero India tickets as per report on TOI today. So you can either get tickets online or get from the venue.
Old 10th February 2011, 12:11   #2066
BHPian

Quote:
it better be true. from what i hear, the ADVA is more than 1km away from the parking area! shutting between your car and the venue isn't gonna be fund
That was me who made the comment on BPC as there was lot of speculation on whether bags will be allowed inside. I can confirm whatever I said above.

I will be there at the show tom'w. I will be short guy with a red Nike cap, a CaseLogic backpack and a reflective vest emblazoned with "Aviation Photographers India"
Old 10th February 2011, 13:09   #2067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
That was me who made the comment on BPC as there was lot of speculation on whether bags will be allowed inside. I can confirm whatever I said above.

I will be there at the show tom'w. I will be short guy with a red Nike cap, a CaseLogic backpack and a reflective vest emblazoned with "Aviation Photographers India"
@Aiel - i will be there tomorrow as well, will on the look out for a red Nike Cap and API vest . I plan to be there by 8:30 in the parking lot and hope in by 9:00am in the campus. I hope they allow me with my Lowepro Fastpack 250.
Old 10th February 2011, 13:27   #2068
Senior - BHPian

Hey All,

need one clarification for which i am still confused, is there any restriction for a regular visitor like me for buying business visitor ticket? I see that online and other centers as well both were being sold without any demarcation.
Old 10th February 2011, 15:55   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey All,

need one clarification for which i am still confused, is there any restriction for a regular visitor like me for buying business visitor ticket? I see that online and other centers as well both were being sold without any demarcation.
No discrimination. You can go as a business visitor.
Old 10th February 2011, 15:56   #2070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey All,

Supertinu, no there are no restrictions. For weekdays its 1500 and for weekends its 1000 rs for business.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks