Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2011, 15:51   #2041
Senior - BHPian

Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
once you buy online, where do you get the physical ticket? will it be at one of the counters at the show or you have to go to some specific location before and collect it.
you've to carry your ID proof that you've mentioned while purchasing to the venue and collect it from a counter there.
Old 8th February 2011, 20:53   #2042
BHPian

Got an email with Unique Registration Number & Steps to follow for collecting tickets at venue. Check your inbox, if you too have email from AeroIndia
Old 8th February 2011, 21:05   #2043
BHPian

@drive_or_die - When did you register online? I did so on 31 Jan and have not recieved any email as yet. From which email ID did you recieve this email?
Old 8th February 2011, 21:18   #2044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_or_die View Post
Got an email with Unique Registration Number & Steps to follow for collecting tickets at venue. Check your inbox, if you too have email from AeroIndia
I have got the unique ID, but no instructions.

Contact number given on the website is funny, just 1 mobile number for ticket related queries for an event of this magnitude. As expected it is always busy.

Some time back for an event like this I registered via the web, and landed up at the venue, only to be told to go to some office 20KM away from the venue to collect the passes for online transactions. Once bitten twice shy, hence wanted to confirm these fellows are not like that!!
Old 8th February 2011, 22:29   #2045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairalee View Post
@drive_or_die - When did you register online? I did so on 31 Jan and have not recieved any email as yet. From which email ID did you recieve this email?
same here. haven't received any mail. checked the spam folder too! i'm heading to the venue early tomorrow morning. hope things don't get screwed up!
Old 8th February 2011, 22:44   #2046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
same here. haven't received any mail. checked the spam folder too! i'm heading to the venue early tomorrow morning. hope things don't get screwed up!
I guess its from 14:00PM tomorrow, and from 10:00AM the subsequent days
Old 8th February 2011, 22:51   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Please post your experience with the tickets stuff ...for the benefit of people like us with online tickets who are going on the weekend.

Old 9th February 2011, 09:44   #2048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairalee View Post
Please post your experience with the tickets stuff ...for the benefit of people like us with online tickets who are going on the weekend.
changed plans! decided to go tomorrow instead of today. have back to back meetings with the client

anyways, got a mail from Aero India folks. posting the contents here (minus the unique ID) for the benefit of others:

Quote:
Stage wise process of getting tickets:
1. After receiving unique id, take a print out and visit listed State Bank of India and other ticket sale counters (Aero India 2011 ). Tickets can also be collected from the ticket sale counters outside the Yelahanka base.

2. Show your identity proof and collect RFID enabled tickets. It takes some time. So kindly be patient.

3. One ticket is valid for one full day for one person. If you want to visit aero show on the subsequent day, entire process would have to be followed once again. Tickets are non-transferable.

4. Business visitors will have to park their cars in the P-9 parking (entry from Gate No. 8 and 9). Plz follow signage. Shuttle buses are available till the entry gate from the parking area.

5. Cameras are allowed. Please don’t carry baggage.

6. Food courts are there inside the venue.

7. As of now, there is no provision of reimbursement or readjustments of the amount paid.

8. On Saturday business visitor’s ticket is @ Rs 1,000/- per head. On Sunday there is no business visitor ticket as exhibition area will be open to the general visitor.

9. On the day of your visit, please carry the ticket and identity proof. Venue of the air show is Air Force Station Yelahanka on National Highway 7.
Old 9th February 2011, 12:21   #2049
BHPian

Ok. I recieved the email with the Unique registration ID.

Apart from the camera, I suppose we can carry in mobile phones too.

Last year, we found it difficult to buy drinking water due to long queues, so this time I will pick up a couple of bottles as soon as I enter the venue.
Old 9th February 2011, 12:26   #2050
Senior - BHPian

yep! we'll be out there in the sun for a long time. water is very important folks. keep at the least one 1lt bottle with you. also, since baggage is not allowed inside, i would suggest people get their jackets (in case carrying extra equipment) or wear cargos with extra pockets. this help you carry the water bottle too.

note: please charge your batteries completely before you head out. you're gonna be out there the whole day with no possibility of recharging your batteries (unless you're carrying spares)

amitoj and i will be heading to the show tomorrow. will keep you posted!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 9th February 2011 at 12:30.
Old 9th February 2011, 13:04   #2051
Senior - BHPian

A dumb question. The Admission policy lists out the visitor profile as below:
Quote:
All visitors should be engaged in bona fide areas of the defence industry, government, the armed forces, defence public sector units, para-military, police, government, defence related equipment procurement or service provider organisations, defence contractors and suppliers, specifiers, operators/end-users, defence media, defence colleges, defence training and research establishments.
I don't fall in any of these categories! So would many other aspirants too. Does it mean that we can't gain entry?
Old 9th February 2011, 13:07   #2052
BHPian

Folks,

Those who plan to take families, please take umbrellas also, it would be damn hot inside and you have to walk a lot. Mobiles are allowed. There might be a larger queue at the RFID counter, prepare early. Try to avoid the so called fresh juices in the food court. On the ticket front, if there are any specific querries, please post it as a list, I will try to get the answers. (Not much info on ticketing system as usually we have entry passes because we are exhibitors).
Old 9th February 2011, 13:07   #2053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post

I don't fall in any of these categories! So would many other aspirants too. Does it mean that we can't gain entry?
i think that rule applies to the exhibition area (the business visitor?) - doing business; buying F-16's for your garage or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Folks,

Those who plan to take families, please take umbrellas also, it would be damn hot inside and you have to walk a lot. Mobiles are allowed. There might be a larger queue at the RFID counter, prepare early. Try to avoid the so called fresh juices in the food court. On the ticket front, if there are any specific querries, please post it as a list, I will try to get the answers. (Not much info on ticketing system as usually we have entry passes because we are exhibitors).
rajesh - a few queries:
* the General Visitor ticket - does it allow a person to the static display or does one need to get the Business Visitor ticket?
* any idea how early would the RFID counters be open?
* can one retain the ticket or do we have return it at the end of the day?

Last edited by IronH4WK : 9th February 2011 at 13:13.
Old 9th February 2011, 13:08   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post

You can enter on the specified public day, I guess Sunday.
Old 9th February 2011, 13:09   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
i think that rule applies to the exhibition area (the business visitor?) - doing business; buying F-16's for your garage or something
Anil - Nothing like that. Once you are inside you have access to the halls as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks