Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2013, 13:26   #1666
Senior - BHPian

re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Yes, unfortunately am very sure about it! Am not even in India and will be back only on June 9th Yes, heres the clue. We've met at Vembi, Kottayam and have discussed about raiding the Himalayas with an experienced trekker who's a common friend of us. And yes, the dead line was July 2013
Hey buddy, sad to know we are missing you for this drive.

Our trekker is tying knot this August and not sure if he gets bail after that. I am in for one trip for sure, approval taken from home minister with great difficulty. Lets meet again in his next visit post your return to India and start this never ending Himalaya story again .
Old 30th May 2013, 13:31   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Hey buddy, sad to know we are missing you for this drive.
Our trekker is tying knot this August and not sure if he gets bail after that. I am in for one trip for sure, approval taken from home minister with great difficulty. Lets meet again in his next visit post your return to India and start this never ending Himalaya story again.

Yes, I think we'll have to get a new guide for us. Happy that he's getting married however Let's start the discussion again!
Old 30th May 2013, 16:58   #1668
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, there's a tri state meet plans doing its rounds of discussions. Tri state is TN AP and KA. KL is not yet dovetailed into it. Some one had suggested that the opinion of KL members be also considered. Just search for 'tri state meet at horsley hills'
Old 30th May 2013, 17:22   #1669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Guys, there's a tri state meet plans doing its rounds of discussions. Tri state is TN AP and KA. KL is not yet dovetailed into it. Some one had suggested that the opinion of KL members be also considered. Just search for 'tri state meet at horsley hills'
It is my mistake. I apologize.

Please visit this post and share your thoughts:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post3135827
Old 30th May 2013, 17:29   #1670
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry guys, looks like I have to drop out. I am leaving to Bombay. Have fun and enjoy the drive
Old 30th May 2013, 18:19   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Horsley will be too long a drive for us. But the Goa idea seems delicious. If only NH 17 was in a good condition, I would have said yes with my eyes closed.
Old 31st May 2013, 10:19   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I shall provide the final update on Vagamon by today night and then decide accordingly.

Not seen a a strong plan B yet. Is it Plan B : Arthungal Beach/ Andhakaranazhi ? And if yes start time etc.

Naveen - Any numbers missing in our directory when few new confirmations are received?
Old 31st May 2013, 10:20   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy View Post
Horsley will be too long a drive for us.
Agreed. Let us stick with our Kerala plans.
BTW, I am almost confirmed for this trip. Will confirm finally by tomorrow morning.

Last edited by EagleEye : 31st May 2013 at 10:26.
Old 31st May 2013, 10:35   #1674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post

Naveen - Any numbers missing in our directory when few new confirmations are received?
Everything is locked and loaded. Database is updated. Just update your thoughts tonight on Plan A. If it's raining, we shall stick to Plan B which is Arthungal Beach (I hope that's what we have in mind). If we can confirm that tonight, I shall try and arrange lunch at Marari (not Marari beach resort, but something close for a discounted rate). So the only thing to fix is the time. How about 10am? Shall report at 10, leave by 10.30, reach the place by 11.30, have lunch by 12 and leave for the beach by around 2 or 3? What say? Please add your suggestions.
Old 31st May 2013, 11:19   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
If we can confirm that tonight, I shall try and arrange lunch at Marari (not Marari beach resort, but something close for a discounted rate). So the only thing to fix is the time. How about 10am? Shall report at 10, leave by 10.30, reach the place by 11.30, have lunch by 12 and leave for the beach by around 2 or 3? What say? Please add your suggestions.
Naveen - If you have an option of arranging lunch at discounted rate, lets lock that as part of Plan B. Meeting around 12 noon in the resort looks fine. We can spent sometime for introduction and chit chat followed by lunch and some quality time there before we leave for beach 3 ish.

revintup and I can join the convoy from Cherthala. microaubin did not turn up yet, he could also join us.

Also we need to reconfirm our tentative list by tomorrow morning for sure. If its plan B, my wife and kids might also join being a very short drive.

Tentative:
1. Recallers & Coolclouds
2. Alexpaul
3. Eagle eye
Old 31st May 2013, 13:20   #1676
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Everything is locked and loaded. Database is updated. Just update your thoughts tonight on Plan A. If it's raining, we shall stick to Plan B which is Arthungal Beach (I hope that's what we have in mind). If we can confirm that tonight, I shall try and arrange lunch at Marari (not Marari beach resort, but something close for a discounted rate). So the only thing to fix is the time. How about 10am? Shall report at 10, leave by 10.30, reach the place by 11.30, have lunch by 12 and leave for the beach by around 2 or 3? What say? Please add your suggestions.
Plan B
where: Artungal Beach
reporting time: is 10 AM.
Place: Kundannoor Junction, right after the signal, towards Alleppey (Is that Okay for everyone?)

Doubt: If we are palming off Plan A in the eventuality of rain, would it be equally viable to go to a beach when its raining?
The better part of the beach though is that we can dip in whenever there is a break in rain.

By the way, naveen.raju, is this lunch place by the beach? If yes, then we couldnt ask for more!

One more thing. The Naval Met Department says that the conditions are favourable for rainfall activity. And that the monsoons will set foot in another three or four days' time. I hope its on the fourth day and not the third!!
Old 31st May 2013, 13:41   #1677
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Plan B
where: Artungal Beach
reporting time: is 10 AM.
Place: Kundannoor Junction, right after the signal, towards Alleppey (Is that Okay for everyone?)

Doubt: If we are palming off Plan A in the eventuality of rain, would it be equally viable to go to a beach when its raining?
The better part of the beach though is that we can dip in whenever there is a break in rain.

By the way, naveen.raju, is this lunch place by the beach? If yes, then we couldnt ask for more!

One more thing. The Naval Met Department says that the conditions are favourable for rainfall activity. And that the monsoons will set foot in another three or four days' time. I hope its on the fourth day and not the third!!
How about meeting on the service road right before the Aroor Toll. Service road here will be relatively free when compared to the crowded stretches after Kundanoor.

The resort is not beach side but near (Have to confirm whether they can accommodate 20+ people on short notice for lunch since they will also have resort guests). The resort is Abad Turtle Beach, Marari. If that wont work, we can head to some other place to grab a bite. I was actually thinking that we have lunch from Marari and drive to Alleppey beach. Chose Marari since Voyageur badly needs to drive. But that we can decide once we decide whether it's Plan A or B but looking from the weather I guess it will be Plan B.
Old 31st May 2013, 14:04   #1678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How about meeting on the service road right before the Aroor Toll. Service road here will be relatively free when compared to the crowded stretches after Kundanoor.

The resort is not beach side but near (Have to confirm whether they can accommodate 20+ people on short notice for lunch since they will also have resort guests). The resort is Abad Turtle Beach, Marari. If that wont work, we can head to some other place to grab a bite. I was actually thinking that we have lunch from Marari and drive to Alleppey beach. Chose Marari since Voyageur badly needs to drive. But that we can decide once we decide whether it's Plan A or B but looking from the weather I guess it will be Plan B.
Aroor toll is the junction where there is a Y fork right? With a diversion to Fort Kochi. I reckon that would be a good meeting point.
I reckon that we should take the call by this evening or latest by tomorrow morning, lest naveen might not be able to source our lunch.

Abad Turtle Bay has been opined to be very good by my friends who had visited there. We would also be very happy there naveen. We just need some place to sit and yap around whilst the ladies have some company to chit chat too
Old 31st May 2013, 14:13   #1679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Aroor toll is the junction where there is a Y fork right? With a diversion to Fort Kochi. I reckon that would be a good meeting point.
I reckon that we should take the call by this evening or latest by tomorrow morning, lest naveen might not be able to source our lunch.

Abad Turtle Bay has been opined to be very good by my friends who had visited there. We would also be very happy there naveen. We just need some place to sit and yap around whilst the ladies have some company to chit chat too
That's not the spot. Here's the exact location. While coming from Maradu, just after Panangad Police station you will find a bridge. Cross that and you will find the service road which is just before the toll. Let's meet there.

As for the resort, am hoping that I can arrange it once we get the confirmation from jacs tonight. Even though this place is off the beach, the ambiance is good, shady and the better halves can check out the organic farms there to kill time . Anyways, I shall confirm on this tomo.
Old 31st May 2013, 14:57   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Chose Marari since Voyageur badly needs to drive.
I am not driving. Its either Vaishak or BigBrad and I giving them a company. So no problems from my side, choose wherever and I will be ready.

@ Jacs , Waiting for your update on 1st June regarding the weather conditions. I hope the rains show some pity on us. Eagerly waiting.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks