Dinner + Overnight Stay 11 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2012, 13:15   #331
BHPian

Re: Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Just back home from the meet. Good turnout at Sunny's!
The weather just got better as the skies opened out.
Had to leave early and just at the entry ramp to the e-way there was a minor accident that saw a tata sumo guy trying to smash a trucker's windsheild with a cylinder and the cleaner's bucket, blocking the entry ramp and causing a traffic jam. Hence I decided to proceed in to lonavala town instead. There was very heavy fog in Khandala with the visibility dropping heavily. Once I hit the e-way the drizzle turned in to thunder showers with bolts of lightenings and the visibility was even worse.
Was nice to see all the familiar faces yet again, including many from the Pune tapri meet thread.

Wish everyone has a safe drive back!

Here's pics I'd taken.

The Mumbai Public?

Mumbai junta yes, and early birds at MCD. Thanks for the pics MX6!

Waited up until about 5:35pm and then drove out making a beeline for Sunny's.

Starting from right upwards: SuperBee, Shekhar, Iqbal Veerji.
Starting from left: yours truly, Powertrain, Shome

Drive back was awesome with the weather kicking in, or should I say- kicking up a storm!

Shekhar's Cedia found some competition at the Toll with a few Truckers revving hard too.... even the thunder and lightening faded in comparison.
Old 17th June 2012, 13:29   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
nice meet.

Oye Monaro,
the eyes of human beings in the pictures you posted looks like glowing eyes of cat family in the dark.
Old 17th June 2012, 14:03   #333
Senior - BHPian

We started late for the meet, and were stuck in the traffic before hitting the e-way, which was about an hour later. It was past 9 that we rolled into the Dhaba, checked the parking options quickly and then decided to park right near the entrance.

By the time we reached, we could see the venue crowded and people already settled at their tables. Since it was already two hours past, I assumed everyone was already eating or had probably finished already. It was a surprise, then, when we finished our dinner and looked around, people had started ordering!

Against my worst fears, my wife actually enjoyed seeing the crowd, though we didn't really 'mix' this time. It was more of watching the whole thing in a detached way (which I like to do most). Interacted with the legend HVK, and am amazed to see how humble he is. I look forward to meeting you again and if chance permits maybe take part in one of the expeditions you undertake.

Also renewed my first acquaintances with Gostel and BolBolero. After we had settled down I spotted someone whose face rang a bell. I glanced at the name tag, and my hunch came true. The name tag had probably the biggest font size amongst all of us and he was the one and only GTO. So I introduced myself and we had a good discussion on .... good preowned cars! Dude, it looks like you eat and breathe automobiles! Looking forward to more meetings and some interesting discussions with you too.

And then even later than us I spotted Dan, the first member of TBHP I had seen in person, then KSM-VTec (the second TBHPian I met), followed by Doctorque and I already felt like a seasoned member!

It was a huge meet, in terms of numbers, so unfortunately it wasn't possible to meet up with each and every one, but I hope to meet each of you again in many more meets.

The side effect of the meet is that now my wife wants to know more about TBHP! Have yet to know if this will be good or bad.

About the arrangements, as soon as we settled down, intruding upon the quality time of Mr. Dinesh, he helpfully informed us that the buffet arrangement had been cancelled. The result was a-la-carte. I was a bit apprehensive, but seeing as everyone had settled down, we ordered for ourselves. The bill came to just over Rs. 600, a pleasant surprise! After having heard about the pricey dishes at Sunny's, I was a little apprehensive, but it was a welcome surprise. One possible reason could be the majority dishes are non-veg which are pricier than their veg counterparts.

On the way back we missed the exit to Mumbai (which for some strange reason has been placed right next to the exit for Pune), but it was a blessing in disguise as we drove through the dense fog in the chill of the night.

I hope to finish the roll in a day or two and should be able to post the photos (if they come out good) by end of the week.
Old 17th June 2012, 14:38   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Can the gentleman who shot the video/audio of the Cedia vs Sonata "fight" please share it out here?
Here you go:

You can also hear the Sonata in the background, but guess the video was partial since I was on the farther side.

Quote:
Ironically after the previous meet which abounded with camera-men, this one was lacking photographers. Only "active" photographer I could notice was MX6.
True that, we missed a great photo opp of the entire line-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
HIGHLIGHT of the Meet - Shekhar's Cedia & 1self's Sonata

LOWLIGHT of the Meet - Some "Gentleman" scrapped the front fender & bumper of F1fan's Dzire.
F1fan - Get it done soon. I hope it doesn't burn a big hole in your pocket !!

Overall, a great turnout ! Enjoyed myself to the core !

Iqbal Sir, it was great meeting you & your son. Could you PM me your no.

Mandheer, in our urgency to move out, I forgot to take your number. Glad if you cound PM it.

Same goes for Shekhar- Glad if you could PM me !

Met a lot of old friends & made new ones

Looking forward for the next meet

Regards
Varun Nair
That was a lady at the wheel in the white Accord, the one which scraped F1fan's Dzire; the gentleman with her was presumably high.

My contact in your inbox, in just a bit!
Old 17th June 2012, 15:00   #335
Senior - BHPian

Great Meet!! It was good fun meeting all the teambhpians.

We should have such meets more often. (BTW we have one everyday!! Yes EVERYDAY!! so joins us anytime)

Thanks to AP & TK for organizing the meet!!
Old 17th June 2012, 15:50   #336
Senior - BHPian

As the thread starter, I thank to all those who contributed to this thread and who participated in the mega meet to make it successful.

I started from 12mati at 3PM.
I was little doubtful about reaching the venue in time as there was mad crowd due to palkhi at Saswad, the town on the way toward pune.
As I crossed Jejuri, one lane of 20 km road was occupied by walking varkaries, so slower speed. It took 45 min to cross 3km of stretch at the Saswad town due to 5 lac people concentrated on the road of Saswad.
Somehow, I managed to reach Sunny at 6: 45 pm.
Surprise, surprise, F1fan, Amit lele, Iqubal veerji, Parimal-g, Powertrain and Mandheers were already at the gate welcoming bhpians.

As the time progressed, bhpians arrived one by one.
This time, bhpians arrived on-time, good to know that bhpians are also becoming punctual.

I met and talked with many old faces and new ones.
[Disclaimer: old faces means not old by age but the people to whom I met in the past: D]
I remember many names to whom I interacted but I will not post all those names here.
[ The fact is actually I really don’t remember all those names. By today evening, if anyone who will post all those names/handles of the member who attended the meet, I will sponsor his contribution in the next mega-meet; D]

But I must mention two names.

HVK,
Sirji, it was really nice to meet you. I hope, in future meets also, you will surprise us like this meet.

WomanOnWheels,
You are one of the first 5 posters here who had confirmed to this meet and you kept your word. I was expecting your arrival in your swift-dezire but glad to see that you came with MX6 and his family. Nice to meet you. I hope, after the meet, you reached to Mira-Bhainder from Vashi without much problem.

The turnout to this meet was more than 60, one of the largest mega-meet.
I think this time, there were hardly 3-4 cameras clicking the moments; please post the pics if you have any.
As expected, the food quality at Sunny did not disappoint us.

The parking lot was full of team-bhp cars.
As expected, 1self’s car was the loudest [Gaddi bhi uske malik pe gayi hai] and the cedia was equally roaring.

Some stupid guy/gal scrapped F1fan’s swift desire in parking lot, I hope, damage is not much more.

Many guys at the meet missed our mod Rehaan, [of course for free stickers only like last time]

Many guys came relatively early and left the place relatively early by meets standard time.

Honeybee, MX6 and Aniket Tiwari came with their families. I hope, respective families enjoyed the food and the place.

Thottleking had brought printed labels for every member who posted something on the thread, really nice gesture, thanks to him. I hope, this printed labels will be a norm for all future mega-meets. Throttleking is the person who try to negotiate with the vendor, get good deals, make arrangements, takes pain to collect the money and settle with bills. This time, something funny happened and we settled with a-la-carte which worked out good. On behalf of all bhpians, I thank to Throttle for the painful job he do every year to make the mega-meet a grand success.

I think, this is the third time that mega-meet happened at Sunny.
I hope, we will find another better place with equal good quality of food, crowd and ambiance for future meets. Please keep you eye for such upcoming venues near Lonavala and suggest it during next meet.

We finalized the date of the meet in democratic way and will do it in future also.
Next year, I suggest, poll should included for options for meet venue.

Finally, I left the place at 12:15am, bhpian Coriolis was with me in his xylo till chandani chowk, thanks to him.
I was looking for much needed tea break but I could find a roadside tapari at 1:45AM only at Saswad, 80 km away from Sunny.
I reached to 12mati at 3:15am.
Woohoo, what a day! 320 km to and fro run, great company of bhpians and good food, nice weather.
That’s it from my side.

Again thanks to all those who contributed to make this mega meet a grand success.

The only picture from my camera that can be posted here according to the

L to R- Throttleking, asif, monaro, ajnagapur, coriolis.
Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba-bhp-sunny-019.jpg

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 17th June 2012 at 16:17.
Old 17th June 2012, 16:44   #337
BHPian

This was my second Team-BHP meet and very first of the mega meets. I thoroughly enjoyed the ambience, the food and most important of all.. The elite company of so many bhpians. Thanks to all of you to make this meet a grand success.
Thanks Ashish to initiate this meet and for accompanying me toll chandani chowk.
+1 to Throttleking for what he does the best..
It was an honour talking to GTO and HVK sir and kudos to them for their immense knowledge.
hope to meet you all soon..
Cheers.
Old 17th June 2012, 18:42   #338
GTO
Team-BHP Support

It was absolutely fantastic to meet with the gang...many old, known faces and an equal amount of new.

There was a lineup of cars & BHPians in the parking lot from 1900 hours itself. Conversation flowed freely, and everything from Alto K10s to Xylos to pre-worshipped Porsches was discussed. We also went through a whole lot of What Car queries . I moved around and (hopefully) met nearly everyone there. It was a very vibrant group last evening. Sunny's never disappoints when it comes to food. The cheese + garlic naan, in particular, was mind-numbingly awesome.

We left a little after mid-night. The combination of empty roads, the Beamer & a great driver (Akshay1234) made for a super drive home.

The parking lot had some amazing rides, you could tell it's a petrol-heads meet. My personal favourite was Abhay's Octavia vRS. Now, that's what you call a pre-worshipped buy.

Last edited by GTO : 17th June 2012 at 18:53.
Old 17th June 2012, 19:53   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I will join in my figo. can we confirm the meeting place?
Hi, Boss, this time's meet we just met for few mins,unlike our Lavasa meet where we were togather for a longer time. You pune guys must have reached almost same time as us,due to same distances.There was fog on our way back to mumbai in ghat sections along with heavy to heavy rains. We left early and reached home by 1.00am.Thanks to my new DOST MANDHEERS who was driving his Cedia,I and my son had taken lift from his home itself.I am greatful to him as he allowed me to park my Bullet m/c in is parking slot in his bld. I was little worried of those cops on nakabandi duty in mumbai now a days they have been given too much powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I will join in my figo. can we confirm the meeting place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Hi!

I will be travelling alone from Pimple Gurav, if any one wants to join me please PM me.

Regards
Kiran
Hi Kiren,I met you for the first time yesterday, it was a nice meeting you .Remember I asked your name you said KIRAN, but I corrected you your own name and said it is KIREN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Now the Meeting Points for Mumbai remain unchanged.

15:30 - At the signal just after the end of the Vikhroli Flyover on the Powai-Eastern Express Highway - 19.125013,72.932991
15:30 - At the Kalanagar Signal - 19.0529,72.847456
17:00 - At the McD Kalamboli - 19.023661,73.102512

I hope @yogi1771 has gotten a Lift. If you havn't please come to any of these meeting points and you WILL get a lift.
Hi,Abhayshanu,I took lift from MANDHEERS from his home itself and all the way he was connected to you for your location,any way you were able to reach with minimum delay.It was a good eat and meet.hahahahah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Now the Meeting Points for Mumbai remain unchanged.

15:30 - At the signal just after the end of the Vikhroli Flyover on the Powai-Eastern Express Highway - 19.125013,72.932991
15:30 - At the Kalanagar Signal - 19.0529,72.847456
17:00 - At the McD Kalamboli - 19.023661,73.102512

I hope @yogi1771 has gotten a Lift. If you havn't please come to any of these meeting points and you WILL get a lift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Leaving from panvel McDs anytime before 6 will be too early.

AL and TK themselves are planning to reach sunny only at 7.

It will take us a max of 1 hr to reach sunny from McDs in panvel
Hi boss, you were late for the meet, we thought of it due to traffic jams .
It so happened you guys came in and we were leaving sunny's.This is the second time we have met,earlier was at BKC meet. Let us have more and more meets in future like our pune brothers have it almost every 15 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Awesome meet biggest turnaround, thanks F1 fan for the great and safe Ride :-)Am badly stuck in traffic at shilphata while going home(dombivli) from koperkhairane since almost 30 mins and no chances for early rescue.
Parimal ji, that was the reason we left early for home. The rain,fog,traffic jams all came togather at once . Ghat sections were having thick blanket of fog. Adding salt to the wounds, today I had to get up early (slept last night...oops morning at 1.35 am) for going to Tarapur for a meeting with the builder from whom we have brought a property.Now it is 8.00pm and I just came back.Regards...

Last edited by Eddy : 17th June 2012 at 20:45. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 17th June 2012, 21:02   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Awesome meet biggest turnaround, thanks F1 fan for the great and safe Ride :-)Am badly stuck in traffic at shilphata while going home(dombivli) from koperkhairane since almost 30 mins and no chances for early rescue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It was absolutely fantastic to meet with the gang...many old, known faces and an equal amount of new.

There was a lineup of cars & BHPians in the parking lot from 1900 hours itself. Conversation flowed freely, and everything from Alto K10s to Xylos to pre-worshipped Porsches was discussed. We also went through a whole lot of What Car queries . I moved around and (hopefully) met nearly everyone there. It was a very vibrant group last evening. Sunny's never disappoints when it comes to food. The cheese + garlic naan, in particular, was mind-numbingly awesome.

We left a little after mid-night. The combination of empty roads, the Beamer & a great driver (Akshay1234) made for a super drive home.

The parking lot had some amazing rides, you could tell it's a petrol-heads meet. My personal favourite was Abhay's Octavia vRS. Now, that's what you call a pre-worshipped buy.
Hi, GTO sirji, Yesterday was my first time face to face meet with you since I became a Team Bhpian. I had seen your photos in the past and had gone to almost all meets but never met you earlier. It was very nice meeting you. In moments we were into talks about our cars.I liked your memory about my restored Bullet, my new purchase of CAMRY,my ALTO K 10.
I was very happy when you said Alto K 10 is the best small car, with lots of power and control including almost all goodies given along by Maruti.
Sir ji, there is a request to you to kindly come along for as many meets you can attend in future. Regards.. Rubb Rakhaa...

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 17th June 2012 at 21:03.
Old 18th June 2012, 02:09   #341
BHPian

Just back from Lonavala. Had reached there by 11 AM on Saturday and this was the view from my resort Balcony at that time.

Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba-slide1.jpg

It was an awesome 2 day tour. Being my first TBHP meet, I was initially feeling very hesistant to talk. My first interaction happened with Ashishpallod and the moment I told my name he replied "Oh - from Aurangabad" ! This was awesome and it killed the hesistance that had bothered a while ago. Next interaction was with Thorttleking who also knew that I was coming from Aurangabad.

I had a query to ask regarding my to-be-delivered Fortuner, I approached Ashish who heard the precie and told me to hold the horses and ask it to GTO. I could not believe him so asked him once again "Who?". He gave a smile and took me to GTO. I was so excited - and happy - and confused - and anxious - and a mix of all the emotions that you can think of ! SUPER ! It was hard to believe that the person whose reviews I used to admire for the last 4 years was right there infront of me !

I asked him about my to-be-delivered Fortuner. Here is the query in detail. My loan is sanctioned and the disbursement checque is ready with Axis Bank. Fortuner is available at the dealer's stockyard. I only need to pay the balance downpayment amount and the vehicle needs to go for the registration process. When I was there at the stockyard and was doing my own PDU along with my elder brother, something was wierd as the sales rep did not hand over the keys to me. My brother also noted that the tyres did not feel new and were looking used. I saw the vehicle exit QC sticker and it read that it was out from the factory on 23 May 2012. All the main TBHP PDU points were checked (except the ODO) and we were back at the showroom. I was assured that the remaining PDU points will also be taken care of according to my wish. Here we meet the Sales Manager who happily tells me that the vehicle was brought from the Pune Showroom as a special delivery for me. I ask him how and when did it reach Aurangabad. To my shock he told me that it was driven from Pune and reached here on 9 June 2012.

I went home quizzed that something was not right. Then my brother told me that it was this reason that they did not hand over the keys to me and that was the reason why the tyres were looking in a sad shape. The new tyre liningAs (Usually they are green or pink) were not visible at all. I call up Axis Bank agent and tell him not to hand over the Loan Amount to the showroom till I say so and explained him the entire story. He acknowledged my request. Then I call up my sales rep and tell him that I was not interested in taking this vehicle as it was already driven 270+Kms. This is what he replied "So what, we sometimes get vehicles from Mumbai if need be and it is not such a big deal". Told him nothing doing - will talk to you on Monday when I am back from Lonavala.

On hearing this episode GTO assertively mentioned that there is no need to take this vehicle. "There is no need to comparamise on this front as you are paying 26L of your hard earned money. Whatever the deal is, dealer is going to bribe you with freebees as it is a fact that 4x4 is loosing its appeal thanks to 4x2. Take a different vehicle but not this one at any cost".

Now at noon today I am going to the dealer with a decision, thanks to GTO for his knowledge sharing with me, I am out of the dilemma. What an experience this was !
Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba-slide3.jpg

I was damn hungry - just hogged like crazy - Kalmi Kebaab was awesome and the Naan was good too. I was driving all the way from Aurangabad, attended a full day convention and over ate amazing food ! I was feeling damn sleepy. I really wanted to spend some time at Sunny but then there was a full day convention on Sunday too so did not take any chances.

Your's Truly
Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba-slide2.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 19th June 2012 at 11:17. Reason: PM coming up
Old 18th June 2012, 10:28   #342
Senior - BHPian

No words of praise & thanks for Ashish Pallod who organised such a fantastic meet, and also the team of organisers whose efforts ensured that all of us had a great evening.

Great reunion with old pals (so many of them, difficult to list them!). Wonderful seeing so many new faces, most of whom we knew only as "handles" - list is huge, but it was great meeting GTO for the first time & also the strong Pune gang. The "IPHE" gang of ours - the team which dd a trip to Ladakh last year (10 team-bhpians!) - also met in the cool hills for one more party!

My thanks also to BolBolero & Gostel who gave me a seat in their car & endured my company all the way to & fro Bombay!
Old 18th June 2012, 10:36   #343
BHPian

Looks like I missed a fantastic party and chance to meet many bhpians. Was looking forward to come to the meet and was in touch with Siddesh till 6, 6:30 pm. However at the end could not make it.
Old 18th June 2012, 10:41   #344
Senior - BHPian

Its been what...3 years now ??? since these mega meets are happening at Sunny's.
Missed all of them.
Hope to be there next year
Old 18th June 2012, 11:03   #345
BHPian

Had customary chai at trucker' joint at 2.30am and then dropped ajnagpur and racer_x and reached home at 3am. aaaaahhhhhhh its Monday morning and I am still rubbing my eyes. It was a superb meet. Thanks to each one of you, who made it. And special thanks to ASHISHPALLOD. And yeah I also lost the count after 62 or so

I missed Saint's Civic and Jitu's Honda city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks