7th July 11 20.00%
14th July 12 21.82%
Dinner Only 40 72.73%
Dinner + Overnight Stay 11 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2012, 01:54   #316
BHPian

Awesome meet biggest turnaround, thanks F1 fan for the great and safe Ride :-)Am badly stuck in traffic at shilphata while going home(dombivli) from koperkhairane since almost 30 mins and no chances for early rescue.

Last edited by parimal_g : 17th June 2012 at 01:59.
Old 17th June 2012, 01:59   #317
BHPian

Just reached home. Made a stupid error of heading towards Pune. Got a U-Turn after traveling 25kms. Then came back. Reached home in around 1 hour 30 minutes, including the Pune detour. I too got quite a lot of rains but fortunately for me I own a vRS so headlamps illumination was great.
Also the Sonata had a Growl/Roar and the Cedia had a Scream. Mine was a hiss.
Old 17th June 2012, 02:10   #318
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba

It was nice meeting everyone, great meet. The star was 1self with his jokes and his driving. Nice to meet Xtreme racer, Scofield, 1self, abhay, monarov8, swanand, noop, kiren, and many more whos handles I cant remember.

Also what beautiful weather, especially the way back, I loved the drive. And I got 13kmpl (what do you say to that, huh, 1self? Diesel gaadi)
Old 17th June 2012, 02:50   #319
Senior - BHPian

Reached home about ten mins ago. Was stuck in the same traffic jam as Parimal, but fortunately I was just near the exit when the jam was building up. Some scouting and unusual driving saw us through. I too missed the first exit onto the eway and drove throubh Lonavala. Got to drive on the old NH4 and that too in a dense fog. Visibility was a few feet at best. Was actually thinking of calling the group back at Sunny's to ask them to drive through Lonavala. The drizzle anc the heavy dinner meant I drove at a sedate 80kmph or lower. Was running out of petrol so tnat slowed me down. Finally filled up the tank outside town. The average came to be 17! Oh, the meet? Well, it was cool to have the TBHP man himself plus renewed my acquaintances from the last couple of meets. Have captured a few photos but I think I shzll be the last one to post.
Old 17th June 2012, 02:54   #320
BHPian

nice meet.
Good to catchup with GTO and a few old friends..and new..

Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba-1.jpg

Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba-2.jpg

Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba-3.jpg

Mumbai-Pune Mega Meet on 16th June 2012 @ Sunny da Dhaba-miniimag0952.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th June 2012 at 13:20. Reason: Reposting your images ;)
Old 17th June 2012, 07:16   #321
Team-BHP Support

Looks like you guys had a rocking meet...

Kindy refer to rule 11 - Posting pics that depict alcohol is not allowed. Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 09:07   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6
Mrs MX6, mini MX6, Baby Ethan, Womanonwheels and Mrs Aniket tripathy

Ethan, WoW and Mrs Aniket.
thnx for the pics MX6.

Small correction- its Aniket Tiwari not Tripathy..

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th June 2012 at 20:42. Reason: Shortening quote, as long quotes inconvenience small-screen users (too much uncessesary scrolling). Cheers.
Old 17th June 2012, 09:56   #323
BHPian

Thank you every one, enjoyed a great meet.

1self you sure have 2 additional cylinders
Old 17th June 2012, 10:19   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Can the gentleman who shot the video/audio of the Cedia vs Sonata "fight" please share it out here?

Nice party - a bit too many people to really keep track off, but still got to know some new people, especially HVK - sir, your information on each and every bit of the country is mind-blowing. Hats off! Someday would love to go on a drive with you!

Ironically after the previous meet which abounded with camera-men, this one was lacking photographers. Only "active" photographer I could notice was MX6.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 17th June 2012 at 10:21.
Old 17th June 2012, 10:34   #325
BHPian

HIGHLIGHT of the Meet - Shekhar's Cedia & 1self's Sonata

LOWLIGHT of the Meet - Some "Gentleman" scrapped the front fender & bumper of F1fan's Dzire.
F1fan - Get it done soon. I hope it doesn't burn a big hole in your pocket !!

Overall, a great turnout ! Enjoyed myself to the core !

Iqbal Sir, it was great meeting you & your son. Could you PM me your no.

Mandheer, in our urgency to move out, I forgot to take your number. Glad if you cound PM it.

Same goes for Shekhar- Glad if you could PM me !

Met a lot of old friends & made new ones

Looking forward for the next meet

Regards
Varun Nair
Old 17th June 2012, 10:52   #326
Senior - BHPian

What a meet!!!
I think this was the biggest mega-meet as far as turnout is concerned,
i stopped the count after 60.

HVK came, he saw, he conquered.

I have some pics but hardly 1 or 2 pics post-able.

My meet-report follows soon.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 17th June 2012 at 10:59.
Old 17th June 2012, 11:16   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Ironically after the previous meet which abounded with camera-men, this one was lacking photographers. Only "active" photographer I could notice was MX6.
Ashish Bhau did click a lot of pics, but I too think there weren't as many cameras around as the Oye Punjabi. Perhaps most members just wanted to chill this time and catch up with each other. Plux a few photographer members were missing.
The highlight for me came after I introduced my wife to WoW. As we sat down at a table, my wife asked me, "What's her real name?" And she took a little time to rezlize most of us didn't know each other's real names, only 'handles'!
Old 17th June 2012, 11:26   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post

Had to leave when Ksm_vtec, Danlalan, yogenpayyar, anku and all came in. So couldn't take pics of them. Guess in the next meet!
Kalti.com did come in a wee bit late. But nonetheless it was a great meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Just reached home. Made a stupid error of heading towards Pune. Got a U-Turn after traveling 25kms. Then came back. Reached home in around 1 hour 30 minutes, including the Pune detour. I too got quite a lot of rains but fortunately for me I own a vRS so headlamps illumination was great.
Bro, Awesome ride that Vrs. We shall meet again for a Drive sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Also what beautiful weather, especially the way back, I loved the drive. And I got 13kmpl (what do you say to that, huh, 1self? Diesel gaadi)
German Trio. Good to see you again. 13kmpl. Wow. Thats nice. Iam sure with al the revinn 1self must have got 3kmpl. Hyundai should Knight him for what hes done to the sonata.

Great meet. Had a nice time.
Old 17th June 2012, 11:32   #329
BHPian

Hi Guys - It was an amazing meet. It was good to meed old and new BHP'ians. Loved 1self's Jaguar. Ashish bhau, I want to make a trip to Baramati.

It was a great experience meeting GTO, and his deep knowledge of the auto industry. Cheers to you Sir. You've provided us all am amazing platform to interact, maintaining the quality.

Moreover, it was a wonderful experience driving back home. Reached from Sunny to Bandra in 1.5 hours flat. Heavens opened up with rains + fog. Awesome.

Waiting for more and more and more such meets.

Three Cheers to Team-BHP.
Old 17th June 2012, 12:45   #330
BHPian

This was my first mega meet and it was mind blowing. The turn out was fantastic though people left quite early than anticipated. A special thanks to Throttle King for getting the guys together and organizing this wonderful meet. It was good to meet Abhayshanu, akshay1234, Scofield, 1self, ashishpallod and all the other guys whose handle I don't remember.

1Self was at his best with his R-rated stuff and no one could escape from the devil himself, thus making our table the most entertaining.

We had a close look at 1self's red beast and abhay's Skoda VRS with a 2 stage mod done as well as the Automission Cedia. The growls of these machines was a treat to the ear.

As usual the atmosphere was mind blowing with the rains coming in, great cars, great food and most important Bhpians chatting on top of their voices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
I am sure the 200 horses were working their back sides out while going back to Mumbai. I really liked the hiss from your VRS. Please let me know if you come across a similar VRS for sale in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
It was nice meeting everyone, great meet. The star was 1self with his jokes and his driving. Nice to meet Xtreme racer, Scofield, 1self, abhay, monarov8, swanand, noop, kiren, and many more whos handles I cant remember.

Akshay it was great chatting with you. Was hoping you would get your V6 Accord for the meet. I would really like to see it in flesh, will let you know when I come to Mumbai.

Last edited by Racer_X : 17th June 2012 at 12:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks