Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2011, 12:06   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2011 Nissan X-Trail or Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
(1) 75% i m driving in city and 20% on Surat-Ahmadabad-Bombay highway
5% (may be 3-4times in yr) offroad like hills and forests
(2)Nissan people are claiming 15kmpl on highway with new engine 2.0 diesel ...true?
(3)as per issue of 5 or 7 seater doesn't matter that i have petrol innova too
(4)best thing i very much like is xtrail is equipped with 6 speed manual transmission +one revers and 6 airbags with ABS EBD & ESP and diff lock ,will transmission make difference on highway?
(5) and i just spoke to Nissan guy they will manage to give 6 yrs 0% loan if i have good papers and good credits in bank which i do
(6)the most fear is spares and service in 5yrs
(7) final i m not worrying @ resale because least i ll use for 5 yrs because i don't have to pay interest on loan amount that nearly costs 4lacs in fortuner
(8) as RTO cost is very high (2.65lacs) as CBU..is there otherway to control this amount ?
bye
This is awesome deal.
0% for 6 years.

How much is the required down payment?

I had been to the Nissan showroom for my neighbour and upon knowing about my Tucson, they offered me the TD of Xtrail and I must say it's a marvellous SUV - suspension, gear box, engine, equipment...I test drove the AT and it was one hell of a drive.

Yes, they also told me the new engine does 15kmpl.
4 years warranty takes the cake.

Do update us on the details of the finance scheme.

Cheers!

If the finance scheme has no hidden costs, go for it man...
Old 17th January 2011, 14:47   #17

@neo_trace: The Rs 4 lakh discount on the X-Trail is mouthwatering. I'm been thinking of upgrading, and have extensively test-driven all the SUVs in the Rs 18 lakh - Rs 25 lakh segment. The X-Trail really ticked off all the right boxes in terms of safety, equipment, luxury and drive. The off-putting element was the cost - nearly Rs 30 lakh for the AT version in Pune. It makes complete sense @ Rs 25 lakh.
BTW: the X-Trail has received a cosmetic upgrade in a lot of markets. The engine remains the same but the MID and ICE have been upgraded. I was told by Nissan that this version won't be coming to India. The Rs 4 lakh off makes me think maybe it is!!
Old 18th January 2011, 22:58   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiKatana View Post
The engine remains the same but the MID and ICE have been upgraded. I was told by Nissan that this version won't be coming to India.
Why wouldn't it? The X-Trail is a CBU, hence it would cost them more to offer a different variant to the Indian market.
Old 19th January 2011, 05:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

from all the posts here, it is now even more clear that you should go for the X Trail.
all the best!
Old 19th January 2011, 14:28   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why wouldn't it? The X-Trail is a CBU, hence it would cost them more to offer a different variant to the Indian market.
Dear Mr. Sandeep,

Good day and a warm welcome from Nissan. Thank you for contacting us. We will be more than happy to assist you with your query.

We are sorry as we do not have any plans for the launching new face-lifted X-Trail in India.

However we will keep you updated once we have planned.

For any query please feel free to contact our customer care-1800-209-4080.

Hope this answers your query satisfactorily. Please feel free to get in touch with us if you need further assistance. Thank you for your time and wish you happy motoring.

Regards

Team Nissan

I'm appending a mail I got from Nissan customer care regarding the X-Trail. Like you I also assumed the obvious - get a car that's already made for many markets into India than make one specifically for India; considering the numbers are very small. Again, obviously, I assumed too much!

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th January 2011 at 14:58. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external font editors. Also use Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
Old 19th January 2011, 15:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
(1) 75% i m driving in city and 20% on Surat-Ahmadabad-Bombay highway
5% (may be 3-4times in yr) offroad like hills and forests
(2)Nissan people are claiming 15kmpl on highway with new engine 2.0 diesel ...true?
(3)as per issue of 5 or 7 seater doesn't matter that i have petrol innova too
(4)best thing i very much like is xtrail is equipped with 6 speed manual transmission +one revers and 6 airbags with ABS EBD & ESP and diff lock ,will transmission make difference on highway?
(5) and i just spoke to Nissan guy they will manage to give 6 yrs 0% loan if i have good papers and good credits in bank which i do
(6)the most fear is spares and service in 5yrs
(7) final i m not worrying @ resale because least i ll use for 5 yrs because i don't have to pay interest on loan amount that nearly costs 4lacs in fortuner
(8) as RTO cost is very high (2.65lacs) as CBU..is there otherway to control this amount ?
bye
Is the Discount applicable Pan-india or is it the dealer who is giving the discount? Even i was looking for a Diesel SUV, but i do India's potholed highways a lot more than City driving.

Do let us know the Final OTR price.

Cheers..
Old 20th January 2011, 12:23   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiKatana View Post
We are sorry as we do not have any plans for the launching new face-lifted X-Trail in India.
If you ask Maruti about the new Swift (which is just around the corner BTW), they'll write you the same. Product plans & launches are closely kept secrets. No business - leave aside a car manufacturer - will publicly reveal their future business strategy.
Old 4th February 2011, 20:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

The X-trail is brilliant, though I personally do not like the looks of it. A friend who has run 60K+ on the odo with original clutch & suspension, swears by it.

After going thru non-existent roads on way to a Golf Course in Gurgaon, I bought his argument hands down.

Inspite of the abuse, it still feels "tight" & "crisp", but I beg to differ on it's capabilities being at par with the fortuner..they are leagues apart

Footnote : I am seeing a lot of X-trails on the roads nowadays - new ones !!

Cheers
Old 31st March 2011, 16:13   #24
BHPian

toyota has reliability on its side. as well as a better network of dealers and service centres. plus the resale of a toyota will be much higher.

keeping these in mind. fortuner makes more sense
Old 14th May 2011, 12:43   #25
BHPian

Mahindra First Choice in Vasant Kunj is offering a 2008 Model Nissan X-Trail Manual done 60K Kms for 12 lacs if anybody is interested.
I went there to look for a Camry, and they showed me this, and it looked very tempting. I already own a Scorpio which I drive to Leh and beyond almost every year so am not too keen on the X-Trail.

Last edited by Styler : 14th May 2011 at 12:44.
Old 17th May 2011, 12:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

delhi is a good place for cars
in comparison here in Bangalore there is a Manual Nissan X Trail Elegance Trim with electric seats and so on. 2006 model. 11.85 lacs. offered on carwale right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Mahindra First Choice in Vasant Kunj is offering a 2008 Model Nissan X-Trail Manual done 60K Kms for 12 lacs if anybody is interested.
I went there to look for a Camry, and they showed me this, and it looked very tempting. I already own a Scorpio which I drive to Leh and beyond almost every year so am not too keen on the X-Trail.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 19:56   #27
BHPian

Hi
I drove the 2007 (new model) Petrol AT for almost 25k. It is a gem of an SUV with high class ride quality. The mid range burst is very addictive, even though it was a CVT!

Read reviews, before you decide about its dynamics, it highly rated against CRV/RAV4 in terms of ride quality etc. I had one situation, where I was driving at 140k and had to break because of a stupid Tucson, and I had only less than 100 mts to do that. It did stop without any fuss. And my friend next to me, couldn't believe and simply said 'wow'. It has 4 wheel disc breaks/ABS/EBD. Fortuner's breaks are weak and only 2 wheel disc breaks. X-Trail is made in Japan!

The only issue with X-Trail is that it is 5 seater. Also, if you google the new x-trail, its better looking than the current one. Very sporty looking, though not sure when it is coming to India.

With this sweet deal, I would rather pick up x-trail because it is more classy and premium. Fortuner is more of a big elephant, and only the owner knows what it lacks (ride quality/smoothness/manageability of its size etc).
Old 23rd May 2011, 06:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

the x trail is indeed superb. and much easier in the city than the Fortuner is. Also, like the new Subaru Forester it is a really comfy, loaded vehicle. I would choose it any day over the Fortuner. Only glitch is that all these vehicles in India, are priced way over the top in comparison to their international brothers/ cousins. This idiotic pricing factor alone, detracts hugely from their desirability for me. It is only in our country with its often skewed priorities and confused poseur attitude, that what is simply a nice utility vehicle, becomes somehow a "lifestyle" statement which only the very well off can afford. That's a clear lament of mine and I do hope that things change pretty fast for us! India with its terrible road surfaces in cities, highways and rural areas is the perfect SUV market - high GC, 4WD, safety kit etc would really be an advantage for us - if only the manufacturers would bring their efforts into indigenization and hence, lower their prices their sales would simply shoot up into the stratosphere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Hi
I drove the 2007 (new model) Petrol AT for almost 25k. It is a gem of an SUV with high class ride quality. The mid range burst is very addictive, even though it was a CVT!

Read reviews, before you decide about its dynamics, it highly rated against CRV/RAV4 in terms of ride quality etc. I had one situation, where I was driving at 140k and had to break because of a stupid Tucson, and I had only less than 100 mts to do that. It did stop without any fuss. And my friend next to me, couldn't believe and simply said 'wow'. It has 4 wheel disc breaks/ABS/EBD. Fortuner's breaks are weak and only 2 wheel disc breaks. X-Trail is made in Japan!

The only issue with X-Trail is that it is 5 seater. Also, if you google the new x-trail, its better looking than the current one. Very sporty looking, though not sure when it is coming to India.

With this sweet deal, I would rather pick up x-trail because it is more classy and premium. Fortuner is more of a big elephant, and only the owner knows what it lacks (ride quality/smoothness/manageability of its size etc).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks