Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2024, 00:01   #16
BHPian

re: BYD Atto 3 vs Mahindra XUV700 | After recent price reductions on both cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
Wow Xuv 700 is really a great car and was really looking at it but today I did a test drive of Ax7 L auto diesel. I was disappointed as the ride was not very smooth as in cities like mine the average speed is around 40 and I found that Xuv 700 holds second great till 40 which made a somewhat loud sound of engine and was not great. It became buttery smooth when I increased speed at few stretches. Instead I also test drove CVT hector and the ride was linear and smoother, its screen and all are something that needs another discussion. Still confused
You are comparing a 2.2 litre diesel vs 1.5 litre petrol which is not the right comparison. A diesel car will any day be noiser compared to a petrol car. Hector doesn't have a diesel automatic option.

You need a 7 seater for your use case. A 5 seater will not be an upgrade at all from your Exter or Jazz. And if you want diesel automatic, then its only safari or xuv700 or alcazar. If you want petrol automatic then consider 700 petrol automatic, hector plus, etc. Wrt BYD, internationally it is also a reliable brand. But since you live remotely, I don't recommend it at all. Unfortunately there are no 7 seater EV's in the market. So finally, you should go for a 7 seater automatic - diesel or petrol - your only choices are Safari (only diesel), XUV700 (petrol & diesel), Scorpio N (petrol and diesel), Alcazar (petrol and diesel), Marazzo (diesel), Crysta (diesel manual), Hycross (petrol and Hybrid).
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 02:16   #17
BHPian

Hi,
I am also in a similar quandary and I am pleasantly surprised that someone else also has the exact same question as me. I stay in Navi Mumbai so some of the points regd. service centre and charging points may not be that applicable to me.

I have been looking at the Petrol XUV for a while now and the recent price cut makes it extremely enticing. Petrol since my running would be about 10k a year, mostly in Mumbai city so there's always a concern about DPF clogging. Petrol would just be a lot less headache.

I am considering installing a solar plant in my house (3 or 4 KW) and hence, I thought about looking at EVs as well since the running cost will be very low with this setup (and I'm been inspired by this comic https://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla_model_s#sun). The Atto seems to be the only one that would truly prove to be an upgrade from my Rapid and I have been waiting for a price drop since it got the homologation certificate in April.

While the price cut didn't come, the Atto3 in its middle variant is something that looks like a good option, even if it is 3l more expensive than the XUV 700 AX7L. However, I do miss out on ADAS which would be present in the XUV.

This would be my only car and I don't need necessarily need a 7-seater so the Atto would be sufficient.

Would love to hear your thoughts as well.

Thank you
Old 15th July 2024, 06:49   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Mathur View Post
I am considering installing a solar plant in my house (3 or 4 KW) and hence, I thought about looking at EVs as well since the running cost will be very low with this setup (and I'm been inspired by this comic https://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla_model_s#sun). The Atto seems to be the only one that would truly prove to be an upgrade from my Rapid and I have been waiting for a price drop since it got the homologation certificate in April.
Plan for a 6KWA plant keeping future in mind. The plants never generate at full capacity. I have Solar roof top installation, so taking by experience. If you have lot of power cuts, hybrid is better and setup to feed back excess to the grid.

Last edited by HillMan : 15th July 2024 at 07:00.
HillMan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 07:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Plan for a 6KWA plant keeping future in mind. The plants never generate at full capacity. I have Solar roof top installation, so taking by experience. If you have lot of power cuts, hybrid is better and setup to feed back excess to the grid.
Touch wood, Navi Mumbai doesn't have an electricity problem. With my current consumption, a 3 or 4 KW plant seems sufficient. But yes, an EV that I fully charge once a week might change that.
Old 15th July 2024, 11:43   #20
BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 vs Mahindra XUV700 | After recent price reductions on both cars

I would suggest just go for XUV700, the reasons being:

1) Having the 5+2 option. And when not required having a bigger boot, trust me it helps.
2) A product that is actually a segment larger - Atto is Creta sized.
3) Having a far more solidly built product.
4) Easy and cheaper to repair and maintain than the EV. Availability of Spare Parts.
5) Most importantly, buying Indian instead of Chinese. The more Indian brands we buy, the better we get and the fact that you are considering the XUV already is a testament of how far Indian brands have come.
6) Peace of mind when going in long run drive - no range anxiety, no worries of finding a service center in a remote place.
7) Far better ride and handling (also one of the best suspensions in the price range).
8) Much less depreciation.
9) No major expense after 6-7 years in battery replacement.

Also, 10k/year running does not justify buying an EV - there is no saving at that usage. There is no economic gain. In fact, for 10k/year running I would suggest get the AX7L Petrol instead of Diesel and save some more.
3WiseMen is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks