1.2L Turbo-Petrol GDI + 6 MT 15 9.26%
1.2L Turbo-Petrol GDI + 6 AT 69 42.59%
1.5L Diesel + 6 MT 27 16.67%
1.5L Diesel + 6 AMT 10 6.17%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2024, 08:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV 3XO | Which engine + gearbox combination would you buy?

I drove the Diesel AMT and Petrol MPfi AT yesterday.

The diesel was under-responsive, and the MPFi was over-responsive at city speeds. On the highway the MPFi was linear so no complaints there.

If the TGDi AT responsiveness is 'poorer' at city speeds, it should be the one better suited to Gurgaon's roller coaster traffic. Need to test drive it to confirm! Anyone know where it can be test driven in Delhi NCR?
Old 31st May 2024, 09:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Mahindra recently launched the long-awaited XUV 3XO (Review Link) which is an updated XUV300 and the response to it has been overwhelmingly positive. It received over 50,000 bookings within just 60 minutes of the bookings open announcement. There are multiple reasons for the popularity of the 3XO, one of them being the wide price bracket – prices starts at Rs. 7.49 lakh and go up to Rs. 15.49 lakh (ex-showroom). Another key factor is that the 3XO is being offered with multiple powertrain options. There are 2 turbo-petrols and a diesel engine on offer with the turbo-petrols now getting a proper automatic gearbox. The diesel engine gets an AMT. The table below will give you a better idea.

Attachment 2610478

So if were to buy a Mahindra XUV 3XO, which engine and gearbox combination would you pick & why?
I test drove 1.2L MPFI on AX5 AT. I hit 70 km/h a couple of times, and while accelerating, I noticed there was a little lag, noticeable, but not too much. Perhaps I could have lived with that lag should I choose 1.2L MPFI. However, after reading "the turbo lag is masked well by the automatic transmission" in your official review of AX5L, I chose 1.2L TGDI AT over MPFI. The clinching factor in my decision was - even with higher power (+20 BHP) and higher torque (+30 Nm), the TGDI gives marginally better mileage (+0.2 km/l), compared to MPFI. Despite better power and torque, the mileage does not suffer, which is counter intuitive. Perhaps the BS6 effect and design for better emission norms.
Old 31st May 2024, 13:45   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Diesel + AMT. Slot it in manual and drive it like an iVT.
That's my plan, booked Diesel AMT!
Manual veriant has got a deal breaker footwell for me! No space to keep my left foot besides clutch is like those cheap economic flights!
Nepster88 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks