MG Hector 8 1.62%
Tata Harrier 32 6.49%
Something bigger or more expensive (e.g. XUV700, Compass etc.) 48 9.74%
Voters: 493. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2024, 14:44   #76
BHPian

Re: Under 19L SUV

My dad picked up a Kia Seltos HTK+(P) in March. The car drives well, has 6 airbags and almost all the bells and whistles. The new HTK+ also has a SunRoof which was missing in his car.

Your use case is 12K a year so does not warrant a Diesel. Petrol should work perfectly.

He picked up a 5 years warranty and service plan as well which I think was not very expensive (45XX I think, but will check).

This car makes the most sense according to me. You can also check the Hyundai Creta which is an almost identical car but the feature sets may/may not be the same. All the best for your search.
Old 3rd April 2024, 14:53   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Of this list, the seltos makes sense.
You should add the Astor to your consideration set. It is much better at every price point.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 14:59   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Of this list, the seltos makes sense.
You should add the Astor to your consideration set. It is much better at every price point.
The Astor engine isn't that great, so laggy.
Petrolhead717 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 15:01   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by model-t View Post
This car makes the most sense according to me. You can also check the Hyundai Creta which is an almost identical car but the feature sets may/may not be the same. All the best for your search.
Seltos HTK+ doesn't offer rear armrest and that is been a major check in our decision making.
Old 4th April 2024, 07:24   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolhead717 View Post
My requirements are:
=>1.5lit Petrol or diesel mated with a manual transmission
=>Sunroof
=>Alloy wheels
=>Automatic climate control
=>Front and rear armrest (rear armrest must bcoz this play huge role in decision making)
=>It should last for 10years+

Currently we have a 2018 Honda Amaze V Petrol MT done 69k, Honda is reliable, I VTEC is good and in comfort too.
If sunroof is a must, Seltos/Creta or even Hyryder/GrandVitara makes more sense as they get the panoramic sunroof.

Rest reading about your existing car and other requirements, ELEVATE seems like a logical upgrade in every sense.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 11:27   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolhead717 View Post
Hi my fellow members and bhpians,
In recent days I was in a research of a suv under 19L(on road),
My requirements are:
=>1.5lit Petrol or diesel mated with a manual transmission
=>Sunroof
=>Alloy wheels
=>Automatic climate control
=>Front and rear armrest (rear armrest must bcoz this play huge role in decision making)
=>It should last for 10years+

In my head I have the
=>Honda Elevate ZX
=>Hyundai Creta S(O) P
=>Kia Seltos HTX P
=>Kia Sonet HTX+ D
All the cars in your list will easily last 10+ years since they are from brands known for reliability.

My pick would be the Seltos HTK+ turbo iMT, if you have large adults in family. I have a DCT seltos facelift and the punch offered by 160 PS motor is very addictive. It's also fuel efficient and delivers around 12-13 in Pune traffic, which is similar to NA engine seltos.

But HTK+ misses out on the rear armrest and few more goodies compared to HTX. So you should consider if you want the added convenience of a clutchless manual and exhilirating performance of 160 PS motor or the more equipment friendly HTX 1.5 MT.

If you have relatively small size adults, you could also consider the Sonet HTX+ turbo iMT. It offers little more equipment than Seltos HTX and HTK+ and would save you around 2.3L or more.

I would avoid Elevate, since it lacks the premium experience and many missing features compared to other two options. Would also avoid Creta, since it's basically a Seltos with slightly softer suspension tune (at the cost of handling), and lesser equipment compared to Seltos.

I own a Sonet turbo iMT and Seltos DCT facelift. Will be happy to share more insights on either cars.

Last edited by 07CR : 4th April 2024 at 11:29.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 11:56   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
All the cars in your list will easily last 10+ years since they are from brands known for reliability.

My pick would be the Seltos HTK+ turbo iMT, if you have large adults in family. I have a DCT seltos facelift and the punch offered by 160 PS motor is very addictive. It's also fuel efficient and delivers around 12-13 in Pune traffic, which is similar to NA engine seltos.
I am not a great fan of the turbo and I don't like the IMT. Instead of getting the IMT, get the manual for enthusiastic drivers or the automatic in different forms for ease of driving. This is my opinion. Different people have different onions.

Thanks for your valuable thoughts.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th April 2024 at 17:46. Reason: Grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
Old 17th April 2024, 10:37   #83
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate vs Kia Seltos vs Hyundai Creta vs Volkswagen Taigun vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatto63 View Post
Hi Folks,

Am I missing out something leaning towards the Honda, losing out on the goodies that Hyundai is offering ? Has anyone experienced the Creta CVT and what are their thoughts.

Hope you'll can help in resolving a confused soul
Elevate - it has a certain appeal to it in its simplicity and driving ease. I was TD'ing it near Dwarka e-way and on the approach via a narrow lane the below happened yesterday.

Someone decided to park their MG Hector (on the wrong side of the lane) and decided to get out of the passenger side door (i.e. facing me). I swerved the car single handed, avoided damaging the TD vehicle and then swerved back.

That moment alone, is somehow more memorable than the adaptive cruise control kicking in when an overloaded ''chota haathi'' was in front, the lane watch camera when i had to turn on a very busy intersection, etc.
Old 25th April 2024, 14:05   #84
BHPian

Re: What car ? Elevate V CVT (Vs) Grand Vitara Delta AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash22 View Post
Good Day People,

One of my extended family member is looking to upgrade his 2016 WagonR AMT with a strict budget is around 17Lakhs on-road Chennai.

Requirement :

C-SUV.
Petrol & Automatic only
Easy on Maintenance.
Will keep it for next 10 years.

Usecase :

Mostly with a daily commute of 20 Kms office commute with in city.
Once a month a drive to native around 300 kms to&fro from Chennai
If 17L is a strict budget then it makes sense to go for GV. The used case is mostly city and that car is pretty efficient also. I love the Elevate for its no nonsense approach but for this particular usecase GV makes a lot sense.
Old 25th April 2024, 16:48   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post

But HTK+ misses out on the rear armrest and few more goodies compared to HTX. So you should consider if you want the added convenience of a clutchless manual and exhilirating performance of 160 PS motor or the more equipment friendly HTX 1.5 MT.

If you have relatively small size adults, you could also consider the Sonet HTX+ turbo iMT. It offers little more equipment than Seltos HTX and HTK+ and would save you around 2.3L or more.

I would avoid Elevate, since it lacks the premium experience and many missing features compared to other two options. Would also avoid Creta, since it's basically a Seltos with slightly softer suspension tune (at the cost of handling), and lesser equipment compared to Seltos.

I own a Sonet turbo iMT and Seltos DCT facelift. Will be happy to share more insights on either cars.
How has the reliability of the iMT been in your ownership experience? I am considering a Seltos Turbo 1.5 iMT Petrol. I saw a few videos on YouTube highlighting difficulties in hilly terrains, where it doesn't work as expected, but I took that with a pinch of salt, as some of them seem to be made for garnering views.

Has the experience been smooth for you?
Old 25th April 2024, 19:01   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
How has the reliability of the iMT been in your ownership experience? I am considering a Seltos Turbo 1.5 iMT Petrol. I saw a few videos on YouTube highlighting difficulties in hilly terrains, where it doesn't work as expected, but I took that with a pinch of salt, as some of them seem to be made for garnering views.
Fill it shut it forget it experience. iMT is excellent. No issues even in hilly terrains. For extreme slopes hill hold helps, however for minor slopes the torque from 1.0 Turbo is more than enough to get the car moving. You are looking at an even more torquey 1.5 TGDI, the experience would be even better.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 12:26   #87
BHPian

If you want reliability, comfort and safety stick to the Honda Elevate. It is the most reliable of all the cars reviewed. If you want bells and whistles go for any Hyundai though their safety is somewhat compromised by the poor NCAP rating. Honda Elevate does not have a NCAP rating but it will almost surely be 4 or higher compared to 3 for the Seltos, Creta etc. Remember the more bells and whistles the more compromised the long term reliability. Something or the other breaks down.
Old 7th June 2024, 12:20   #88

Confused between choosing the Taigun/Kushaq 1.0 top trim and Elevate ZX. Having owned the Punto previously, I have become a fan of the European built quality and stability at high speeds.This is exactly what the VAG cars offer from the TDing I did. I feel in European cars I am getting "more car" than anything.But deep down I know the Honda is going to be a practical choice for the city commute its going to mostly undergo.Having owned the baleno for 5 year I feel Japanese cars compensate on the "car" aspect for practicality and efficiency. Is it fair of me to compare MS and Honda? OR should I test drive the elevate to feel the IVTEC hype I hear about?
Old 7th June 2024, 12:37   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajimurugaiya View Post
Confused between choosing the Taigun/Kushaq 1.0 top trim and Elevate ZX. Having owned the Punto previously, I have become a fan of the European built quality and stability at high speeds.This is exactly what the VAG cars offer from the TDing I did. I feel in European cars I am getting "more car" than anything.But deep down I know the Honda is going to be a practical choice for the city commute its going to mostly undergo.Having owned the baleno for 5 year I feel Japanese cars compensate on the "car" aspect for practicality and efficiency. Is it fair of me to compare MS and Honda? OR should I test drive the elevate to feel the IVTEC hype I hear about?
From an ex punto owner, i would highly recommend you to test drive Elevate. I have a Gen 4 Honda City CVT and its a no nonsense car that you would love to drive on highways as well. Specially if fuel in with XP95 (Indian Oil) or HP Power . 90 Octane Fuel brings another personality to the engine.
arishi1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 23:04   #90
BHPian

I'm looking to buy a new car in the compact SUV segment. I've tried almost all offerings in the segment except Seltos and have shortlisted Honda Elevate CVT and Hyundai Creta 1.5 CVT. Safety, reliability and few features are the important requirements. Exterior design wise, I like both and both offered similar driveability.

Things found better in Creta:
1. Back seat comfort is better for 3 people in Creta with seat being a tad bit wider and with a flat bench, the middle passenger is going to be more comfortable than the central bump in Elevate. Also, the sun blinds on the rear seat add to the comfort for rear passenger.

2. Cabin insulation appeared better in Creta & with less engine & road noise, the cabin appeared quieter. It was not too bad in Elevate, but don't know how much noisy that cabin is going to be at highway speeds.

3. Creta definitely has the upper hand in terms of some important basic features like usb ports for rear passengers & TPMS. I am not a fan of panoramic sunroof, so not counting it as an advantage in Creta. Ventilated seats are definitely an advantage but I don't find powered seats of much use unless they come with memory function.

4. I also feel that ADAS is not a very useful feature in Indian conditions as of now but definitely would rate Creta's radar based of more use than the camera based ADAS of Elevate, specifically in heavy rains and fog.

Things found better in Elevate:
1. Riding position is definitely better with Elevate.

2. Found Elevate's interior to be better.

3. I am assuming Honda to be more reliable in the long run. Also, the urge to own the famed iVtec before the age of ICE engines end.

To me, it appears that Elevate ZX CVT is better bet than Creta S(O) IVT in the same price bracket. Creta appears to make more sense in the higher priced SX Tech variant. My running is predominantly going to be in City with occasional highway drives and some mountain & hilly runs(definitely hoping to drive to Spiti next year)

Conundrum: Should I go for Elevate ZX or push the budget and go for Creta SX Tech(if it's really worth it). Although, pushing the budget would be better avoided.

Any suggestions from forum members are welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks