MG Hector 8 1.62%
Tata Harrier 32 6.49%
Something bigger or more expensive (e.g. XUV700, Compass etc.) 48 9.74%
Voters: 493. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2023, 11:42   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate vs Kia Seltos vs Hyundai Creta vs Volkswagen Taigun vs Others

I live in Delhi NCR and needed a car for a daily commute of 70kms with very occasional highway drive. So the choice was obvious. It's Hyryder Hybrid for me.

I consider hybrid compact SUV the best for daily long distance commute in Delhi NCR.

Why
1. It's a no compromise Automatic. Every automatic comes with its share of compromises
Torque converter(Poor fuel economy), CVT( Rubber band effect and Jerky driving, somehow i have seen some sort of slippage of gears in all cars with mileage more than 30-40k kms, the driving doesn't inspire confidence at all), DCT( Reliability issues and Jerkiness in bumper to bumper traffic).
Hyryder E-CVT is essentially a planetary gear set similar to a torque converter with electric boost(Both engine and electric motor) working in city driving speeds right from zero speed. So great driving abilities in city traffic.
On a highway it's good only till around 110kms/hr but i never drive more than that.
Fuel economy gives a smile everytime I drive in city traffic. It's 28-32kms/litre at speeds of 30-55kms/hours regardless of traffic, 23-27kms/litre at speeds of 55-75kms/hour and around 20-23kms/litre at higher speeds.
I have extracted a fuel economy of 32.1 kms/litre in evening 7pm traffic while driving from Rajinder place to Noida (35kms) which included lot of bumper to bumper traffic at average speed of just 25kms/hour with AC at 24©. I don't think there is any other car which can do that. Yes I use lot of cruise control even in moderate traffic conditions. All fuel economies through MID only which are pretty close to real fuel economy.

2. Brilliant suspension and steering. Steering is stable with just adequate weight at all speeds.

3. Great Head unit and music system in Top V hybrid. I am not a audiophile and it's no branded system but sound is still great. For comparison Honda city and elevate music system is extremely poor even in top variant.

4. Ventilated seats almost gives you a good massage when you are tired after a day's work.

5. Being a CSUV with great suspension you may drive it on any any city road.

6. Brilliant AC even with poor quality sunroof cover.

7. 360 camera even though quality is not great makes your car scratchless in tight parking spots.

8. Registration valid for 15years unlike a diesel

Last edited by drsachin : 22nd September 2023 at 11:57.
drsachin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 11:42   #17
BHPian

I don’t think there is anything in this segment that appeals me.
Creta- just can’t digest the front fascia
Seltos- Suspensions not to my liking.
Kushaq/ Taigun / Elevate - Find it too small. (Jazz owner syndrome)
MG - No appeal factor for me personally.
Harrier - No petrol option.
Hyryder/ Grand Vitara- not enough grunt even though rides well.

There is nothing in the market in this segment that satisfies me on all the front. Each one of them have a quirk which to me personally seems like a compromise.

Hence voted for something bigger.

Noticed that Elevate is amongst the top choice in the poll. Surprised to see it up there especially after so much of Honda bashing.

Cheers!
Samegoodkid is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 11:47   #18
BHPian

Elevate.

My BIL has a Kia Seltos (pre facelift) and its loaded to the gills with features. However, I found the ride to be extremely harsh. Although driving it is very easy and effortless, I found myself distracted with all the gadgets and gizmos rather than them adding value to my driving experience. So basically, its like an iPad on wheels and takes one away from the sheer driving and "connect" that I am used to.

Coming from a Honda City, I know how beautiful this 1.5L engine is and what it can and cannot do. My driving is sedate (99%) with the odd (1%) stretch of spirited driving when conditions permit - just to break the monotony of driving.

Elevate seems like a no-nonsense option with all the basics checked - although it doesnt come with the frills and bling of the Koreans. The Elevate seems like a marriage of that European sensibility and "feel", with the calmness and peace of mind of Japanese reliability. If Honda adds a few discounts to the Elevate down the line after the initial hype, I think its an excellent value proposition.

Last edited by vsathyap : 22nd September 2023 at 11:48. Reason: Typo
vsathyap is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 11:59   #19
BHPian

Voted for Harrier.

I’m looking forward to the Harrier facelift being launched with the new petrol powertrain.

On the Elevate; haven’t gotten a chance to visit the showroom but got to see a newly delivered Elevate on the roads and it was looking so butch and muscular from the front, while from behind it was looking like the Kushaq’s close cousin
Love the brown interiors, wish they provided this option with my City!
Auto spawn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 12:16   #20
BHPian

Voted for Harrier

for simply amazing automatic gearbox and with the new harrier around the corner which is feature-packed, it will also check all the remaining boxes.

Recently had a long road trip in a friend's 2022 Harrier, and the drive was amazing, so comfortable, and enjoyable. Tons of space on the back seat make it an actual 5-seater.
On top of it, safety (no need to talk about this, I guess).

Downside - No petrol engine (coming soon...)

The second vote will be for Elevate.

I prefer it over Creta and Seltos for its value-for-money sticker and for providing all the things that you need and not everything that you need to show off.
satish.gawai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 13:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Under 20 Lac, by way of elimination, the winner would the Honda Elevate.

Reasons:

1. Elevate's CVT and 1.5 NA is best in class compared to Creta/Seltos 1.5 NA and from driveability point of view VW/Skoda 1.0.

2. Being based on Honda City platform, and improvements over time, the Elevate should score atleast 4 star BHNCAP rating. The Koreans are not very convincing on the safety front. The VW/Skoda are better at safety, but not much thereafter (see below).

3. The space on offer for 4 is almost same in Elevate and VW/Skoda. The Korean twins have an edge, but only if 5 are seated regularly. To be honest, a rare requirement.

4. Honda brand has a certain snob value which Koreans do not have.

5. The VW/Skoda twins have still a way to go to garner trust of Indian consumer who traditionally has inclination for Japanese/Korean brands. Offering 1.0 L Turbo Petrol in a car costing 19 lac on road is not very tempting.
Old 22nd September 2023, 14:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
For your username theturbogirl, it's strange you chose a "NA engine Elevate" in a sea of Turbo competition.
Hi 07CR,

About my username - What is in name my friend? <<chosen by my bitiya>>.

I have chosen Elevate based on overall impression, Honda ownership experience, and most important ease of driving. I am slightly conservative driver and lean towards drivability than engines. I drive a diesel turbocharged car and I love that car not because it is turbocharged, but because it drives so well. I know what it can do when turbo kicks in and I share your confidence in the performance of turbocharged engines. However IVtech is very capable and reliable engine and market is reaffirming this confidence. Plus the car itself is well designed. So my vote is for Elevate.

If next vote is for peak performance of engines (and I am then not a Newbie), I am certainly going for a turbocharged engine . That reminds me, I cannot vote in this poll.
theturbogirl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 15:30   #23
BHPian

Voted for something bigger.
I am one of the followers of templated car ownership . Started with a Santro for 5 years and then “upgraded” to i10 and had them both for 5 years.

Then got the Rapid for 8 years snd sometime later sold off the Santro. The yearning for something new set in and exchanged my i10 with a WagonR. Again Yearning for more space and comfort made me exchange Rapid for the XUV7oo.

So at what phase you are in the “car ownership age” spectrum would also be a deciding factor on the preferences especially since one wouldn’t be reverting back to something smaller.

Based on the craze for CSUVs going on for the past 6 to 7 years, I think demand for bigger vehicles would rise - the only limiting factor being the cost per KM, be it ICE or EV.
careind is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 15:34   #24

Would vote for Elevate. No explanations because I would vote with eyes closed Booked it.

Last edited by Chinni : 22nd September 2023 at 15:42.
Old 22nd September 2023, 15:36   #25
BHPian

From the current poll results, it is evident that most votes are to the new launches in last 3 months (Kia Seltos and Honda Elevate).

Value For Money (VFM) is a subjective thingy. Kia Seltos gives you features, fit-finish of a 45L car at a price point of 25L OTR (considering GTX+) and negotiating safety (structural only, I believe)

Similarly, VFM on the need of a SUV with basics and need (just apt) adding with a proven reliability, fuss-free maintenance, mileage; we have multiple contenders here: Hyryder, Vitara, Elevate. In this package, Hyryder, Vitara have broken 20L glass ceiling. Elevate has smartly priced itself to win in this VFM race segment.

Adding the drivers enthusiast spice + Safety NCAP to VFM package, here is where things get interesting: Taigun, Kushaq comes on top, with very close heels is Kia Seltos (thanks to 1.5 Turbo DCT, with hope that previous DCT issues are getting resolved).

Elevate does score here as well with its 1.5NA (can actually take a turbo for a competition) and 4 star GNCAP safety.

My verdict will go to Elevate considering above parameters. Though, I own a Kia Seltos Facelift
itzvicky201 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 18:22   #26
BHPian

Voted Seltos, for the Diesel.

The poll results though pretty early, just shows how much of confidence and agreement we have towards Honda. Would be great, when Honda has the same level of confidence on us and give us much more importance and better products with the right pricing. Indian market will just embrace them with open hands.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 18:52   #27
BHPian

I voted Elevate based on comparing ZX CVT vs Seltos HTX IVT. For me, only reason Elevate wins over Seltos is seat comfort. Looks premium and super comfy in photos. Otherwise, i believe in other aspects, you wont go wrong buying one vs the other.
Old 22nd September 2023, 19:32   #28
BHPian

My vote is for the UC Hyryder due to the hybrid engine and credibility of T badge. The list has some really good options but being in Delhi NCR, I guess Hyryder is the safest bet for me for peaceful ownership experience. No FE headache with tubo petrol and no fear from NGT rule.
khanmaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 21:02   #29
BHPian

Voted the Elevate. If there were a second option, it'd be the Kushaq.

Based on the vote count so far, it appears that an enthusiastic community also values a practical, trustworthy, no-nonsense package that is a jack of many trades
Old 22nd September 2023, 21:53   #30
BHPian

Voted for the Elevate assuming that the maximum usage is in the city and budget is around 20L and since all the options here except Harrier are around that budget.

If the budget is flexible and if the user is capable of managing bigger size of the car and highway usage is significant, Harrier AT is a much better car, especially the top trims.

Last edited by 46TheDoctor : 22nd September 2023 at 21:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks