Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2023, 14:35   #16
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens Vs Mahindra Bolero Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsarat4u View Post
Thank you all for the detailed replies. Now i have finalized two vehicles after extensive search and test driving all the 7 seater/6 seater vehicles.

(1). Kia Carens: 1.5 NA Petrol MT: Heard about its very poor mileage and also lacking power when needed. So i excluded it even though very good for that price

(2). Kia Carens: Prestige Plus iMT: Here im confused between buying diesel vs petrol of the same varaint mainly for one reason. The ban of all diesel vehicles by 2027 which implies spares issues, poor resale and possible high taxes. At this point news of diesel vehicle ban is almost a daily thing in the media. If not i would have gone with diesel. In fact i booked the diesel variant and is due to delivered in next 10 days.

(3). Maruti XL6 Petrol Zeta MT: If not carens, this would be my choice with the captain seats in 2nd row.

I am confused with the above choices and diesel issues. My budget is flexible upto 20 lakhs.

On road price of above vehicles in my place are as follows:

Carens Petrol NA 1.5 MT: 15.2 lakhs (including my convenience pkg & led bulbs)

Carens Diesel Prestige Plus iMT: 19.2 lakhs (including my convenience pkg & led bulbs)

Maruti XL6 Petrol MT Zeta: 14.6 lakhs (including 5 yr extended warranty & Suzuki connect 3yrs)

Please give your valuable suggestions. Thank you
IMHO, the Carens Petrol is a no-no considering it's very mediocre mileage! And it cannot put down the power at times!!

Also, where did you read about diesels being banned by 2027? I don't think this is true.. If it's false, then go for the Diesel Carens!

If it's true (which I don't think it is), then go for the XL6!

Happy Hunting!! Cheers!!
nova.19_exe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 19:28   #17
BHPian

- Between the Carens and XL6, the Carens will provide a superior experience vis-a-vis the XL6. You'll feel that your money is well spent, especially if you're going for the higher variants.

- You're running is on the higher side, so I think you can get the diesel. As for the ban, I personally feel you needn't worry about it now. Enjoy diesels while they're there. However, I would like to point out that you could potentially face DPF issues, so be wary of that.

- Better avoid the Bolero unless you (and, importantly, your family) like its utilitarian and rugged character.

- Why not try the Carens 1.5 Turbo? It's quite fun and worth the extra money. Apart from abysmal mileage and potential DCT problems, there is no reason you shouldn't consider it.

Do let us know about your final decision. All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
All diesels will NOT be banned by 2027. Period. What is the your source of this news ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova.19_exe View Post
Also, where did you read about diesels being banned by 2027? I don't think this is true.. If it's false, then go for the Diesel Carens!
A report on the diesel ban was published a while ago, not sure if it is going to be implemented though.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/ban-di...es-2027-report
Old 27th September 2023, 19:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentreOfGravity View Post
- Between the Carens and XL6, the Carens will provide a superior experience vis-a-vis the XL6. You'll feel that your money is well spent, especially if you're going for the higher variants.

- You're running is on the higher side, so I think you can get the diesel. As for the ban, I personally feel you needn't worry about it now. Enjoy diesels while they're there. However, I would like to point out that you could potentially face DPF issues, so be wary of that.

- Better avoid the Bolero unless you (and, importantly, your family) like its utilitarian and rugged character.

- Why not try the Carens 1.5 Turbo? It's quite fun and worth the extra money. Apart from abysmal mileage and potential DCT problems, there is no reason you shouldn't consider it.

Do let us know about your final decision. All the best!

A report on the diesel ban was published a while ago, not sure if it is going to be implemented though.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/ban-di...es-2027-report
According to this article, it says "It recommends that a ban on diesel-powered 4-wheelers has to be enforced in 5 years and suggests that no diesel-powered city buses should be added in urban areas."

So to say, it is just recommended. It isn't in effect yet but it's better to avoid diesel just so that if this gets implemented, you don't have to worry about getting rid of your car by 2027 and then spending money just to get an EV!
nova.19_exe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks