Kia Sonet 54 13.81%
Mahindra XUV300 36 9.21%
Other (please specify in your post) 7 1.79%
Voters: 391. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2023, 12:30   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx vs Tata Punch vs Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs others

I can't vote since I am a newbie. My vote goes to Brezza. Nexon is good but Tata service and that ugly rear design makes it hard to vote for it. My other choice is Sonet diesel AT but lack of rear space and hanging sword on diesel cars leads to its elimination.
Old 10th May 2023, 12:39   #17
BHPian

I wanted to choose the Mahindra XUV300 (A small boot space and no rear A.C. vents are a big miss, to be honest.) but ended up choosing the Tata Nexon.
Old 10th May 2023, 12:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EshanS View Post
How can Nexon, Breeza and XUV300 can be in comparison? Neither cost/nor performance is anywhere close to what tiny Fronx is giving. From a costing standpoint, probably, but still no.
Venue, Sonet, Kiger and Magnite would be yes. I did check the Fronx and its no where close to Kiger and Magnite. No drive modes, turbo still feels less powerful, build is flimsy. For the OTR cost of Fronx turbo I would have other options to consider.
I would say even the Venue and Sonet shouldn't be in this comparo. The top end versions of both overlap with Nexon and Brezza price wise as well as engine specs.

It should be higher priced segment cars- Nexon, Sonet,Brezza,Venue,XUV300

and the lower one's- Kiger,Magnite,Punch,Fronx etc.
Old 10th May 2023, 12:43   #19
BHPian

Of this lot I think the Brezza makes the most compelling case of being an excellent all rounder.

Good design (subjective I know, but styling on the Brezza has never been controversial), the excellent support network of MSIL before and after you buy the car, respectable enough safety, and a decent feature set.

Hard to find much wrong with this car as an overall package.

If I was shopping in this segment the 3 cars I would take very seriously are the Brezza, Sonet, and Venue.
Old 10th May 2023, 13:09   #20
BHPian

ATs

Diesel- Sonet AT
Petrol - BREZZA AT
EV- Nexon

For a price at striking distance from Brezza, Sonet and Venue, Fronx AT doesn't appeal to me. AMTs in lower trims is a different story though.

Last edited by headbanger : 10th May 2023 at 13:12.
headbanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 14:01   #21
BHPian

I would go with Kia Sonet AT for Diesel, I own one and defenitely recommend due to the engine gearbox combination. If Petrol I would go with Brezza AT, Maruti is now providing TC AT coupled with their trusted engines, features along with their reliability and reach.
Old 10th May 2023, 14:09   #22
BHPian

Voted for the Sonet. As price is around 15L for Fronx Alpha 1.0 AT, paying just 30,000 more (in my state) and going for Sonet GTX+ (1.5L Diesel AT) seems to make more sense.

Also had gone to check the Fronx in the showroom, and quality of some parts felt really mediocre for a 15L car, plus a few misses like no leather seats for the price (not a deal breaker for many, but it's a personal preference). Sonet is already owned by a couple of relatives and having driven theirs, it "feels" a lot well built, the entire ambiance of the car, the seats, the driving experience with the 1.5L manual (haven't driven the AT yet), plus touch points like switches, doorpads also "feel" more premium compared to Maruti Fronx.

TD vehicles seem to have not arrived for the Fronx so my observations are based on the demo displayed in the showroom. Still waiting on the TD, but at this point, needle seems to be pointed more towards the Sonet.
Old 10th May 2023, 14:22   #23
BHPian

Voted for the Venue.

With the exception of space, the Hyundai Venue Nline makes a strong case for someone looking for a compact SUV with an AT, enjoyable performance and relative exclusivity.

Fronx turbo AT is simply overpriced and doesnt sufficiently differentiate itself vs the Baleno once you are inside. Baleno variants are better equipped vs equivalently priced Fronx variants and the raised ride height and the redesigned fascia alone doesn't justify the premium IMHO.
Old 10th May 2023, 15:06   #24
BHPian

Used S-Cross is significantly better value for money in my book. Spacious, decent engine and well built, especially for a Maruti.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 15:11   #25
BHPian

Pleasantly surprised to see a Tata being voted at par with a Maruti (OK, there are 2 Maruti's but then). Shows how Tata has improved over the years.

I voted for Mahindra XUV 300. I have not driven ALL of these cars but had a fairs share of experience in some of them. I really loved the XUV 300 for the ride! It felt solid and very confidence inspiring. I tried the old petrol and it was more than decent; the turbo petrol sounds like a hoot! Not a fan of diesels myself and hence was quite impressed by what Mahindra has offered in petrol given their expertise lies mostly in diesel. In contrast, the TATA petrols are poor cousins of the diesels.

I understand boot space is a concern in highways drives, and many owners may have grouses on missing features over time.

However, as a product, it is one of the best on offer in this category; way sturdier than many pretender pseudo-SUVs, confidence inspiring drive manners, and a very sorted power and handling on offer.
Old 10th May 2023, 17:25   #26
BHPian

One just can’t compare the 8 lakh Punch with a 16 lakh Venue/Sonet/XUV300, no two sides to this. Even Magnite, Kiger & Fronx are a overkill for Punch. I’ve always felt that Punch’s best competition lies in Swift, Nios & C3. Ok, coming back to the poll, my choice will be Venue/Sonet for offering the best diesel & turbo petrol engines (I’m not a NA petrol person). If I’ve to pick under 10 lakhs, I will pick the Nexon base variant.
Aakash118 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 18:36   #27
BHPian

Voted for Brezza - solid looks, 4* GNCAP rating (extrapolating from rating from the previous gen), Maruti reliability and service, proper 5 seater, chiller AC - checks all the boxes.
Old 10th May 2023, 19:28   #28
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support: Do NOT TROLL on Team-BHP. This is not Twitter. We STRICTLY prohibit any attempts at trolling or flamebait. Sometimes, if you don't have anything nice to say, it's best not to say anything at all.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 11th May 2023 at 13:55.
EshanS is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th May 2023, 19:38   #29
BHPian

I have voted for Renault kiger and my variant choice is top spec cvt. This car is a complete package with power (100 bhp), torque (152 nm), 405 litre boot space, functional roof rails capable of carrying 50 kg weight, proper cvt automatic transmission with drive modes and all modern safety features. It is spacious inside too compared with Sonet. Magnite is a stiff competition but Kiger gives more peace of mind given more number of Renault service centres than Nissan. As a 90 percent urban commuter, I can not take risk with diesel fuel given NGT observations and bs6 diesel dpf issues too. At the same time, i cannot trust venue/sonet petrol dct engines for long term reliability. Brezza is good option but naturally aspirated engine is really boaring to drive. Other AMT and IMT transmissions in my opinion are a compromise. So Kiger is the best available option today in this space.
CarWorld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 22:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Cars seem to be cutting across segments, price points. But Sonet it is for me - Diesel + AT combo while it lasts.
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks