Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2022, 09:37   #31

Re: Upgrade from Renault Duster AWD: Hyundai Tucson vs Skoda Kodiaq vs Volvo XC40 vs Others

I have no knowledge of these premium vehicles but I do have knowledge about one thing that I am myself facing in hyundai bs6 diesel.
Its the issue of Oil Dilution. NVH seems low today but after 6 months this car will have lot of vibrations due to engine wear resulting from oil Dilution.
CretaKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 10:34   #32
BHPian

Re: Upgrade from Renault Duster AWD: Hyundai Tucson vs Skoda Kodiaq vs Volvo XC40 vs Others

Based on your requirements and current car's age, this is my strong recommendation.
1. Keep the duster for as long as you can, for that awesome suspension + awd purpose.
2. If you can compromise on brand value little bit and you can consider Innova or XUV700 petrol. Both of these options carry better brand value than Hyundai, in my books.
3. If you are retaining duster, wait times may not be a problem.
4. Don't even think about Tucson, because of the given crash rating. I hope crash rating is important for your usecase.
5. Last year I've checked out XC40(not for me). Only premium aspect of this car is "pricing". None of us liked in any aspect, interiors or exteriors or overall presence. So, we didnt even bother to take test drive.
6. From the options given in your post, my choice is Kodiaq without a doubt.

Last edited by ramki.grandhi : 10th December 2022 at 10:41.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 12:06   #33
BHPian

If your budget is 75 lakhs and you are worried about service and reliability then consider a car few levels down and set extra money aside for unintended expences. That said choose something that has mostly niggle free reviews and is considered well built. Fallacy is in thinking it happened to others but will not happen to me.

Hence recommended is Tucson / Fortuner / Range Rover maybe if appetite for little risk exists?
Old 16th December 2022, 17:16   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
Like I said before, I'm not blaming the lack of discounts, but the way this guy is dismissive of offers and discounts at the start of every discussion.
Hi JoaTmoN, my 2 cents..... don't let an SA's attitude (who might be a disgruntled employee or on notice period) define or limit your choice of such an important purchase. Fortuner is the best seller in it's class not without a reason and even if you don't buy it eventually, at least take a test drive to see what you like and what you don't. My suggestion would be that if you don't like the SA's tone, talk to the Sales Head and get another SA to give you a test drive, check out the vehicle in detail, forget about any discounts as there are none and base your decision purely on your requirements, likes/dislikes and what your heart sets on. Once you purchase the vehicle, these initial SA interactions would become frivolous and it'll only be you and your vehicle. Post sales, Toyota is one of the best brands that you can rely on.
Revvman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 17:54   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvman View Post
Hi JoaTmoN, my 2 cents..... don't let an SA's attitude (who might be a disgruntled employee or on notice period) define or limit your choice of such an important purchase. Fortuner is the best seller in it's class not without a reason and even if you don't buy it eventually, at least take a test drive to see what you like and what you don't. My suggestion would be that if you don't like the SA's tone, talk to the Sales Head and get another SA to give you a test drive, check out the vehicle in detail, forget about any discounts as there are none and base your decision purely on your requirements, likes/dislikes and what your heart sets on. Once you purchase the vehicle, these initial SA interactions would become frivolous and it'll only be you and your vehicle. Post sales, Toyota is one of the best brands that you can rely on.
I did get a test drive through the same SA. The vehicle was very intimidating, and I hauled myself and my family inside. The excitement ended there! We didn't like the ride quality, and the 2nd and 3rd row seat comfort.
The interior isn't as exciting as the exterior I suppose. I guess Toyota is selling the fortuner only for the exterior and reliability. Strange how people are ignoring everything else!
Old 19th December 2022, 15:35   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by alagusankar View Post
Is there any reason why you have not considered C5 Aircross? It seems to tick many of your boxes if not all. Good ground clearance (235mm), Excellent Ride comfort and NVH, Stable (pretty good moose test result), Powerful Diesel Engine, Good Looks (Subjective), European (not German though), Big - but not bulky. On the downside, it is Expensive for what it offers, Diesel and lacks 4WD, unknown reliability and a limited service network.
Top on my list is C5, as this will be a big leap for me, from my current Fiat Punto Diesel, which kind of in the same league as C5 except price tag.
I have never had major issues with Punto in last 13 years of ownership. However, I am not able to list down my ownership cost for C5, I do intend to keep it for 10 years for sure.
Old 20th December 2022, 17:00   #37
BHPian

After much research and deliberation, I finally booked Jeep Meridian 4x4 Limited (O) today. Much like the last time, the car I finalized was nowhere on my list when I started searching for it. There wasn't a perfect car that suited all my requirements. But Jeep Meridian seemed to tick most checkboxes.

* Dashing looks (I like Jeep designs very much, not so much Tucson)
* Plush interiors with loaded features
* A capable off-roader
* A rugged abuse friendly vehicle which I can take to off-beat places in the mountains
* 214 mm ground clearance
* Great NVH levels
* Superb highway ride quality and rock-solid stability
* Massive boot space after folding 3rd row
* A little snob value with the Jeep brand

It's a big car for my family of three. But there aren't many small cars in the segment I was looking for. From XUV700 to Fortuner all are massive vehicles. The big car does give me ample boot space allowing me to carry my daughter's stuff for long drives and stays we plan in coming years.

Also, I got a massive 3.2L discount with very decent insurance. So, the car seemed value for money given the competition (Tucson, Tiguan, C5 Aircross, etc.)

The only sore point is the reliability issues with Jeep. There were reliability issues with Duster AWD too when I purchased it. But my ownership has been absolutely fuss-free in the last 3.5 years and 50,000+ kilometres. Let's see how Jeep ownership goes.

Thanks to all BHPians for their valuable suggestions. Will pen a detailed delivery and ownership experience once I get the vehicle.
Old 20th December 2022, 22:41   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankjain16 View Post
Haven't driven Fortuner yet mostly because it's too big and ride quality is sub-bar. But will definitely give it a try.

Right now I am confused between Tucson (because of features, AWD and reliability) and C5 Aircross (for comfort and driving pleasure). In the morning I decide on Tucson and by evening it's C5 Aircross.
I have not yet thought of Tucson, my choice is clear C5 Aircross, I am clear on initial outflow of funds, what I am yet to figure out is operating cost during 10 years of ownership.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks