Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2022, 20:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Upgrade from Renault Duster AWD: Hyundai Tucson vs Skoda Kodiaq vs Volvo XC40 vs Others

You should definitely try the new Lexus NX350h. We just got one in the family and it ticks most of your boxes. It should fall in your budget.

Given that its a Toyota underneath reliability should not be a concern. It being a hybrid the NVH is great when its on pure electric mode. It does come with AWD, although I'm not sure how capable it is. While Lexus may not have the badge value of the germans, it definitely is more exclusive and with the new gen's design it turns heads easily.
Turbolove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 23:36   #17
BHPian

Re: Upgrade from Renault Duster AWD: Hyundai Tucson vs Skoda Kodiaq vs Volvo XC40 vs Others

Would recommend atleast a TD of the Volvo XC40 recharge for the following reasons:

1. Mind blowing performance at a decent price. Will beat any ICE car below 75L.

2. You can retain your duster to avoid any anxiety of not being able to travel long distances. Depending on your comfort levels with charging infra in your usual routes you can decide to keep the duster for the long term.

But on the space from it's a bit cramped. So that's something to keep in mind.
Old 21st November 2022, 11:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

The more I read through your requirements, the more it seemed to me your requirements screamed BMW, and specifically the X3 30i. AWD, sporty, with good ground clearance, and a car with multiple personalities for family and fun. Throw in BSI + BRI, and you have zero worries with respect to maintenance for the duration of those plans. That would be my top pick if I were you.

The Lexus NX300h is also a good shout if you want to trade in the sportiness for a bit more comfort and fuel economy, although I have no idea how good/bad its ground clearance is. But again, it ticks a lot of boxes like the X3, while performing better than the X3 in some respects (comfort and mileage) and lacking in others (outright performance).

I would not go with a Kodiaq/C5, or anything of the sort, since you said you want a bit of a badge. I'd also skip the Grand Cherokee, even though you should give it a look and see if that's your cup of tea. Reason I say that I'd personally skip it is that it's something like 77 lakhs ex showroom (so 80+ OTR) with a 2 liter engine that's not exactly sporty in the Meridian, so I struggle to see how it would be adequate in the Grand Cherokee.

You might say I'm biased in recommending the X3 with a 2 liter engine (I'm genuinely not), while vetoing the Jeep. But the truth is that the 2 liter turbo petrol from BMW is fantastic. Drive it to believe it, and happy hunting.
iliketurtles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 11:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
you could consider the Audi Q5 (neighbour recently got a quote for 65 in the first round of negotiations itself)
Is this 65 OTR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankjain16 View Post
That's reassuring. Audi Q5 was already my preference above BMW X3 for a variety of reasons. I will definitely try it out.
Did you get a quote for the Q5? A family friend has received a quote for 68L OTR in Rajkot, Gujarat. But seems more should be possible.

Last edited by sohels : 24th November 2022 at 11:35.
Old 26th November 2022, 13:55   #20
BHPian

In case this is helpful, the best we’ve been able to wrangle for Q5 is 67L OTR including:

1. 5 YR service plan
2. 5 YR consumable parts
3. 5 YR warranty
4. 5 YR RSA
Old 1st December 2022, 11:51   #21
BHPian

As GTO suggested, I think you should try to retain your Duster. However if you are planning to sell it off...would be happy to buy it from a fellow BHPian.
Old 2nd December 2022, 15:23   #22
BHPian

Hey Shashank
More like in the same boat, I am moving out my Xuv500, which accompanied me on my several trips clocking 1L. X3 is what I wanted but for now I have limited myself to 50 OTR.

Safe 5 star rating, Super Reliable, Mile muncher, Diesel, occasional 6 seater was the criteria.

Took test drive of Tiguan, Kodiaq, X1, Tuscon and Meridian but somehow none hit that note. Tiguan and Kodiaq doesn't have Diesel options. Kodiaq I would have considered but it has too long a waiting and I want to buy in December only.
I was waiting for Tuscon but somehow it has that overall weird feel about it.
Meridian is good to drive with good set of features but Jeep's reliability and service support is faaaar below satisfactory. I also read few horror incidents on the forum hence dropped. However its a very nice package.
X1 is somehow made me rethink but again only and only because of bmw badge and nothing else. At the same time I feel that X1 is just about the badge and nothing more. It can sit on 5 comfortably and not even 5. Rear seats don't recline (WTH!), no AWD, interior quality sub par to X3.

Only Fortuner fits the parameters only since Endeavour is discontinued. Only downside in fortuner is the sound system and spartan feature list with dated dash board. Have taken 2 test drives and came back satisfied with the overall experience and feel of the car.

Most likely I will be closing on fortuner. I hope I am not missing any important aspect or any other good vehicle out there.
Old 2nd December 2022, 16:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Only Fortuner fits the parameters only since Endeavour is discontinued. Only downside in fortuner is the sound system and spartan feature list with dated dash board. Have taken 2 test drives and came back satisfied with the overall experience and feel of the car.
Haven't driven Fortuner yet mostly because it's too big and ride quality is sub-bar. But will definitely give it a try.

Right now I am confused between Tucson (because of features, AWD and reliability) and C5 Aircross (for comfort and driving pleasure). In the morning I decide on Tucson and by evening it's C5 Aircross.
shashankjain16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 17:16   #24

This thread is super interesting to me because I'll be in your situation about an year or two from now and will have similar requirements.
I was also excited about the Tucson but as you know now, it probably won't bring a smile to my face. I'm excited about the new X1 since it seems to be a much better value than the current gen model at least based on international reviews but we'll have to see what they bring to the Indian market.
What were your thoughts on C5 in case you took the test drive? Also are you considering the Lexus as suggested by few people? That might be an interesting choice.
Old 2nd December 2022, 21:17   #25
BHPian

Quote:

Most likely I will be closing on fortuner. I hope I am not missing any important aspect or any other good vehicle out there.
I have been considering the Fortuner and Isuzu Mu-x, the latter having better ride quality over the former, and a more user friendly third row. Today I spoke to the Fortuner SA about the price and stuff, when he bluntly said there are no discounts or offers for the Fortuner this time. I didn't like that one bit, not merely because he said there are no discounts, but because he said so like I shouldn't even dream of asking for a discount. What an attitude these people are having!
Old 3rd December 2022, 15:16   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
I have been considering the Fortuner and Isuzu Mu-x, the latter having better ride quality over the former, and a more user friendly third row. Today I spoke to the Fortuner SA about the price and stuff, when he bluntly said there are no discounts or offers for the Fortuner this time. I didn't like that one bit, not merely because he said there are no discounts, but because he said so like I shouldn't even dream of asking for a discount. What an attitude these people are having!
Thats attitude is not about Toyota but vary from dealership to dealership or even SA to SA. In Delhi I went first to Galaxy Toyota, met first guy with similar attitude as that yours. Next time went and met another fellow who was polite and courteous. As per SA dealership has only one test drive fortuner which is never available. I think even they don't have test drive vehicle at all as SA never called and then on last call they said the vehicle met an accident. SA must have though to change the excuse this time.
Then I went to Espirit Toyota, who on just one call came for TD the very same day. Their response was a courteous and professional one which sounded like genuine that since the car is on atleast 2 months of waiting hence no discounts are offered.
It's many a times inter-personal skill of the SA.

Mux is devoid of any design aesthetics and features are so dated that I couldn't dare to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankjain16 View Post
Haven't driven Fortuner yet mostly because it's too big and ride quality is sub-bar. But will definitely give it a try.

Right now I am confused between Tucson (because of features, AWD and reliability) and C5 Aircross (for comfort and driving pleasure). In the morning I decide on Tucson and by evening it's C5 Aircross.
C5 is simply over designed to my taste. I like European designs. Had kodiaq been in diesel, I would have bought it already. I still feel like doing another TD as I am writing this.
Fortuner is never settled but its not a deal breaker for me.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th December 2022 at 09:56. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 5th December 2022, 09:50   #27
BHPian

After back-to-back test drives of the Hyundai Tucson and Citroen C5 Aircross, I can say that the driving pleasure of the C5 Aircross is just miles ahead, with no comparison to Hyundai Tucson whatsoever. I found C5 Aricross even more comfortable than my Duster. The way it glided over roads, the smooth gear shifts, and the level of NVH refinement, just bought a smile to my face. The AC was more effective and less noisy, and the lights were excellent too.

It might sound a bit strange to folks here, but now I am pretty sure I cannot go with Hyundai Tucson, I would rather continue using my Duster. I have realised above all features, that ride comfort is my absolute priority and I cannot really compromise on it.

Now the question is of taking the plunge and spending 42 lakhs on C5 Aircross and accepting the risks of reliability, service network and resale value. What I will get though is a car that I will absolutely love driving. It's again head vs heart, let's see who wins. Will update my decision here soon.
shashankjain16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 12:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thats attitude is not about Toyota but vary from dealership to dealership or even SA to SA. In Delhi I went first to Galaxy Toyota, met first guy with similar attitude as that yours. Next time went and met another fellow who was polite and courteous. As per SA dealership has only one test drive fortuner which is never available. I think even they don't have test drive vehicle at all as SA never called and then on last call they said the vehicle met an accident. SA must have though to change the excuse this time.
Then I went to Espirit Toyota, who on just one call came for TD the very same day. Their response was a courteous and professional one which sounded like genuine that since the car is on atleast 2 months of waiting hence no discounts are offered.
It's many a times inter-personal skill of the SA.
The SA called me this morning and offered me another TD if I was interested. But he's absolutely dismissive about even discussing on offers and discounts. He's saying, "buy it or leave it" without saying. His way of handling is repelling me further and further away from the Fortuner. My problem is, it's the same dealer network all around me.
Old 6th December 2022, 13:35   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
The SA called me this morning and offered me another TD if I was interested. But he's absolutely dismissive about even discussing on offers and discounts. He's saying, "buy it or leave it" without saying. His way of handling is repelling me further and further away from the Fortuner. My problem is, it's the same dealer network all around me.
I checked at multiple dealerships from Delhi, chandigarh, mohali, chennai and got same response on discount. All mentioned that waiting is 2 to 3 months. Then how can we expect and why would they offer discount. Supplier knows that their enough buyers out there to pay premium for early delivery forget about asking for discount. Such is the demand for fortuner.
Despite being 2 times the cost of xuv700 the depreciation rate is same or perhaps lower than in case of fortuner.
Old 6th December 2022, 13:53   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I checked at multiple dealerships from Delhi, chandigarh, mohali, chennai and got same response on discount. All mentioned that waiting is 2 to 3 months. Then how can we expect and why would they offer discount. Supplier knows that their enough buyers out there to pay premium for early delivery forget about asking for discount. Such is the demand for fortuner.
Despite being 2 times the cost of xuv700 the depreciation rate is same or perhaps lower than in case of fortuner.
Like I said before, I'm not blaming the lack of discounts, but the way this guy is dismissive of offers and discounts at the start of every discussion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks