Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your Choice?
Maruti Grand Vitara 123 40.59%
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder 180 59.41%
Voters: 303. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2022, 14:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara vs Toyota Hyryder | Which sibling would you choose & why?

Voted for Hyryder because of two reasons-
  • Full Hybrid variant is cheaper than Maruti
  • Hyryder has black colour

However if I have to buy the mild hybrid one, then I might go with the Maruti because 1.5K series is their bread and butter engine and they know it well.
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 15:25   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara vs Toyota Hyryder | Which sibling would you choose & why?

Err.

Why is there a difference in the weight of both the models ? could be a typo but the power to weight is also different.

Name:  grandvitarahyryderpoll.jpg
Views: 2057
Size:  103.2 KB

Last edited by DicKy : 10th October 2022 at 15:33.
DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 15:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagman View Post
Since both are effectively the same car and boast excellent service, Voted for Hyryder simply for the brand snob value
You have summarized it nicely. Same car. Toyota as a brand has more snob value provided you have easy access to their service centers.

Last edited by Baddychat : 10th October 2022 at 15:48. Reason: Missed word
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 17:17   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, we have a booking for both. And as per the communication with Maruti, the car may be delivered this month end or by mid November. As far as Toyota is concerned, the communication received from dealership is that due to production crunch at Toyota, the car may be delivered by March 2023 as per the allotment received from the company.

Vitara in Alpha + variant was booked on 30th July whereas Hyryder in top V variant of strong hybrid was booked on 5th July. Sadly, there is no early booking advantage with Toyota. As we need the car soon, we will in probability go with Vitara.

Overall, I've liked the design elements of Vitara more than that of the Hyryder except for the alloys. The alloys of Hyryder are drool worthy.
Hence my vote for Vitara.
Old 10th October 2022, 17:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Err.

Why is there a difference in the weight of both the models ? could be a typo but the power to weight is also different.
If you look carefully, the length of both is also different. Hence the difference in weight.
Old 10th October 2022, 19:09   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
If you look carefully, the length of both is also different. Hence the difference in weight.
Well. The Hyryder is longer by 20mm, yet weighs lighter.

Though makes sense. Guess the front end treatment might have resulted in the difference. Yet, 30kgs difference?
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 22:24   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Well, we have a booking for both. And as per the communication with Maruti, the car may be delivered this month end or by mid November. As far as Toyota is concerned, the communication received from dealership is that due to production crunch at Toyota, the car may be delivered by March 2023 as per the allotment received from the company.

Vitara in Alpha + variant was booked on 30th July whereas Hyryder in top V variant of strong hybrid was booked on 5th July. Sadly, there is no early booking advantage with Toyota. As we need the car soon, we will in probability go with Vitara.

Overall, I've liked the design elements of Vitara more than that of the Hyryder except for the alloys. The alloys of Hyryder are drool worthy.
Hence my vote for Vitara.
Does not sound right. There are people who have already got the deliveries. Toyota quoted me a potential delivery in November ( My booking date is 30th June- Same hybrid V variant). Hope the Toyota dealership is not taking you for a ride!!
smilingakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 15:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Grand Vitara. Maruti has multiple service centers in every town, leave aside big cities. Spare parts are cheaper and available (though Maruti may get greedy with this car). Grand Vitara looks much better, inside-out.
However, someone made an excellent point. Toyota for the strong hybrid and Maruti for the mild hybrid, makes a lot of sense. Maruti had to take a long jump to get to strong hybrids, wherewas Toyota has had hybrid technology since long and are well aware of pros and cons. I would be worried about sending my strong hybrid hi-tech complex car to Maruti service center.
Old 19th October 2022, 14:34   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Voted for the Toyota. Major advantages of Hyryder:
  • Toyota provides 3 years 100,000 kms standard vehicle warranty whereas Maruti provides only a 2 year, 40,000 km warranty
  • Warranty is extendable to 8 years and 220,000 km for the Hyryder versus 4 years & 80,000 km for the Grand Vitara
Correct me if I am wrong but my SA informed me that the warranty can be extended for two years for Hyryder which makes it 5years/220k kms.

The 8 year warranty only applies on the battery.
kdp95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 17:19   #40
BHPian

Apart from the visual aspects, can one consider Grand Vitara if they are getting it along with the introductory package worth Rs 67k (Extended warranty till 5 years + some accessories package) which reduces/nullifies the advantage Toyota has in the pricing. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 19th October 2022 at 17:20.
vvrchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 16:40   #41
Team-BHP Support

My colleague is shopping in this segment and wants to go ahead with Full hybrid either from Toyota or Maruti.

One Nexa dealership here has Two Hybrids from 2022 December and is giving a Discount by way of 35K( Extended warranty) plus some 20K accessories. Toyota has increased the prices also so any idea what's the current advantage of Toyota?

Also, isn't this a regular car so why will the dealership have 2022 leftovers? As per SA, buyers backed out due to MY 22.
Old 8th April 2023, 19:13   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
My colleague is shopping in this segment and wants to go ahead with Full hybrid either from Toyota or Maruti.
Go for the Urban Cruiser Full Hybrid, if you’re shopping for the Full Hybrid and choosing between the Grand Vitara and Urban Cruiser.

Simple reason being the Full Hybrid system is Toyota’s technology and the service will always be better when someone knows the technology. Maruti Suzuki still has to train its technicians properly on the Full Hybrid system.

And sales wise also, Maruti Suzuki is shipping more NeoDrive Grand Vitaras than Full Hybrid Grand Vitaras, meanwhile Toyota is shipping more Full Hybrid HyRyders than NeoDrive HyRyders.

Had it been the NeoDrive version, then would’ve suggested the Grand Vitara because it has Maruti Suzuki’s engine in it and the service folk know what they are working on.

So, even if the Grand Vitara is coming cheaper than the Urban Cruiser HyRyder, if Full Hybrid is the choice then I would be willing to pay the extra for the Toyota just because it’s their technology.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 8th April 2023 at 19:14.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 13:48   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post

And sales wise also, Maruti Suzuki is shipping more NeoDrive Grand Vitaras than Full Hybrid Grand Vitaras, meanwhile Toyota is shipping more Full Hybrid HyRyders than NeoDrive HyRyders.
Not true. I want to buy the strong hybrid, hence, went to Toyota but they have a waiting period of 2 years!!! Reluctantly went to Nexa showroom as I didn't want to buy strong hybrid version from Suzuki and didn't expect the waiting time to be any less. But to my surprise they said they have waiting period of only 4-6 weeks and promised delivery within 4 weeks for few particular colours. Had to book at Maruti because I can't wait for 2 years to buy a car. I'm not buying a Ferrari afterall.

Edit: Here is a screenshot of Toyota's official website itself. I actually went to buy the Hycross but booked GV because of long waiting. Infact they have stopped taking order for Hycross ZX and XZO variant.

Maruti Grand Vitara vs Toyota Hyryder | Which sibling would you choose & why?-screenshot-2023.png
Maruti Grand Vitara vs Toyota Hyryder | Which sibling would you choose & why?-screenshot-20232.png

Last edited by Carpainter : 14th May 2023 at 14:16.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 14:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Had to book at Maruti because I can't wait for 2 years to buy a car. I'm not buying a Ferrari afterall.
Very true availability of cars and waiting period is a big issue these days, if one is getting a GV with a short waiting period I would say go for it as both the cars are the same inside out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks