Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2023, 07:33   #46
KPR
BANNED

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sricar View Post
Hi,
I am also looking for a retirement car. If you are not recommending VW cars, what car should I go for with the following requirements?
1. Auto(Not an AMT).
2. Atleast 4 star safety.
3. Reasonably good service back up.
4. Silent cabin
5. Good for occasional highway runs.

Thanks in advance.
I would strongly recommend you to have a look at Jazz CVT for ticking all above boxes.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 09:09   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Auto(Not an AMT).
4. Silent cabin
While it's OT for this thread, my picks would be a Grand Vitara/Hyryder hybrid, Brezza AT, XL6 AT based on your budget and other preferences.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 12:38   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
While it's OT for this thread, my picks would be a Grand Vitara/Hyryder hybrid, Brezza AT, XL6 AT based on your budget and other preferences.
Thank you.Looking at XL6 top model.Hope we can take it for occasional highway runs.
The car won't be driven beyond 100 km/hour even on highways.
Wanted to own a Skoda.But the issues that keeps cropping up,makes me very hesitant to go for it..I am 63 and want peace of mind while owning my new car.
Old 9th January 2023, 15:12   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I am also looking for a retirement car. If you are not recommending VW cars, what car should I go for with the following requirements?
1. Auto(Not an AMT).
4. Silent cabin
Amongst the car available at present my pick with all your requirements would be :
1) Brezza
2) Grand Vitara/ Hyryder Smart hybrid ( Full hybrid is not so silent once 3 pot engine comes to life)
3) Wait for the Honda upcoming suv if you have at least a years time.
4) Wait for baleno cross to see if the car can actually score 4 star (any hints of good build quality)
5) Test drive magnite / kiger to see if the duo fulfils your driving requirements and quality of after sales services in your city.

Last edited by d-g-p : 9th January 2023 at 15:15.
d-g-p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 15:49   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-g-p View Post
Amongst the car available at present my pick with all your requirements would be :
1) Brezza
2) Grand Vitara/ Hyryder Smart hybrid ( Full hybrid is not so silent once 3 pot engine comes to life)
3) Wait for the Honda upcoming suv if you have at least a years time.
4) Wait for baleno cross to see if the car can actually score 4 star (any hints of good build quality)
5) Test drive magnite / kiger to see if the duo fulfils your driving requirements and quality of after sales services in your city.
Thank you.By Honda SUV do you mean the upcoming BRV?
It looks nice and seem to be a 7 seater.Yes I can wait for a few months.
Old 9th January 2023, 20:05   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.By Honda SUV do you mean the upcoming BRV?
It looks nice and seem to be a 7 seater.Yes I can wait for a few months.
Of the two SUV's speculated, the teaser we saw today could be the Creta rival (HRV equivalent) modofied amaze platform based SUV. The other one coming up could be Sub 4m WRV equivalent probably in 2024.
d-g-p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 08:35   #52

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs others

I am totally confused between Creta SX(O) CVT/IVT and Hyryder Neo Drive (V). One has mileage and 360 camera, while Creta has more space at rear and boot, bigger thigh support.

Experts kindly enlighten.
Old 17th May 2023, 19:12   #53
BHPian

Automatic SUV under 20 lakhs for a Honda City Diesel owner

I am looking for an automatic SUV under 20 lakhs ex-showroom as a replacement for my 2014 Honda City Diesel which has run just 50k km over the past 9 years, The car had been bought upon my settling in India back in 2014 and the City was a no-brainer in the sedan segment back then.

Now, with SUVs ruling the market and my itch to upgrade, the increased height, ground clearance, ease of ingress, and egress are all becoming major factors for me with increased age and aging parents as well, so I finally decided to give in to the SUV trend too.

So with all these factors in my mind, I decided to start searching for the next car in my garage with my main priorities for my purchase being:

1. Automatic Transmission
I finally decided that the ease of an automatic is worth it, although I have driven automatics before, never have I owned one myself, so I am a bit skeptical of this, but with advanced age, the ease of a two-pedal setup really appeals to me.

2. Spacious and Comfortable
The City feels fairly spacious and comfortable and I am unwilling to sacrifice this part

3. Feature rich
Reverse parking cameras, rear AC vents, alloy wheels, cruise control, and hill hold control are some necessities that I insist upon.

So with these requirements in mind, I would love to hear the recommendations of the forum on which car I should go for next, all suggestions are welcome!
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 19:23   #54
BHPian

Re: Automatic SUV under 20 lakhs for a Honda City Diesel owner

If you can stretch your budget significantly (1.5x ), Jeep Compass is the best one to have. It is good in design, features, build quality and since we see them very less on the road, it has a different kind of road presence. I doubt the long term reliability of Harrier, XUV700 and Hector. Hence, I don't recommend them.

For your budget, the best ones out in the market are Kushaq and Taigun. However, they lack road presence and do not give that big SUV feeling. If you can compromise a bit on NCAP ratings, Creta and Seltos are the cars to go with.
Old 17th May 2023, 21:26   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Also check out the Toyota HyRyder and Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara in their Strong Hybrid trims, they are a good alternative to diesels (only gripe is the waiting period on the Hybrid HyRyder currently).
Old 17th May 2023, 22:33   #56
BHPian

If you prefer to remain with brand Honda, you could wait until June 6 for the unveiling of Honda mid size SUV. Being based on the City platform, I think you will be able to get the hybrid starting variants under 20. Whether Honda will bring in hybrid variants soon enough will be the concern.
Old 17th May 2023, 22:52   #57
BHPian

Neither of these will feel like an upgrade from City in terms of rear seat comfort. I'd suggest you to have a look at Hector or Harrier if you want rear seat comfort or Creta/Seltos. A few months ago, I had travelled to Shirdi and Mumbai in my friend's Hector 5 seater CVT and I must say that I'm super impressed with comfort levels it offered. Its almost as big as a limousine TBH and after Innova, Hector is the easy pick for me if I want to travel on highways. But the only gripe with Hector is its FE.

I too own a 2014 City Diesel (bought preowned in 2017) and ran 164k Kms on the odo till date (odo at the time of purchase was 35k Kms) and till recently, had Taigun 1L TSI MT as well. I can say that, City is miles ahead in terms of rear seat comfort for 3 people while at the same time, Taigun felt tight and uncomfortable for 3 people. Even my parents admitted the same.

If you don't want to sacrifice on rear seat comfort thing, why not try City CVT? Yes, it might not be as powerful as VAG twins or Verna, but considering you have aged parents, City is a better bet for elders.

And, Verna's rear seat is also decent though not close to City but gets the job done and also look for Virtus/Slavia. The rear seat comfort in VAG sedan twins are much better than VAG C-SUV twins TBH but not close to City.

And, Creta is also a good bet for elders in terms of rear seat comfort.

Even I too might be in similar situation soon when I replace my City iDTEC and considering Verna DCT, Virtus/Slavia AT, Sonet D AT or Nexon EV Max as the replacement.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 17th May 2023 at 23:01.
Old 18th May 2023, 06:29   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukarmohan View Post
If you can stretch your budget significantly (1.5x ), Jeep Compass is the best one to have. It is good in design, features, build quality and since we see them very less on the road, it has a different kind of road presence. I doubt the long term reliability of Harrier, XUV700 and Hector. Hence, I don't recommend them.

For your budget, the best ones out in the market are Kushaq and Taigun. However, they lack road presence and do not give that big SUV feeling. If you can compromise a bit on NCAP ratings, Creta and Seltos are the cars to go with.
Yes, you are right and I did consider the Kushaq/Taigun, the thing is they lack road presence and don't feel too spacious either, I got a great deal on the Kushaq 1.5L DSG from the dealer here in my town, but I have kept it on hold. the Seltos is also available with offers exceeding 1 lakh rupees too, but with the facelift around the corner, it didn't seem to be the best choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Also check out the Toyota HyRyder and Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara in their Strong Hybrid trims, they are a good alternative to diesels (only gripe is the waiting period on the Hybrid HyRyder currently).
I did check out them at the showroom but never did a test drive, I didn't like the build quality on them, the build quality doesn't seem to be reassuring, but I am willing to do a test drive and see how it goes, the Hybrids are definitely the only option worth considering in my view. The waiting periods aren't much of an issue here as there are many cancellations in the Strong Hybrid version in both Maruti and Toyota, so if the car color isn't an issue, for me personally, it has never been, I can get them in about a month or so. So let me do a test drive and see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
If you prefer to remain with brand Honda, you could wait until June 6 for the unveiling of Honda mid size SUV. Being based on the City platform, I think you will be able to get the hybrid starting variants under 20. Whether Honda will bring in hybrid variants soon enough will be the concern.
With Honda's shenanigans with the WR-V, BR-V, and so on, with them selling in paltry numbers, I don't have too much confidence in the Elevate either, the Hybrid is the only option worth considering in my opinion, but with the base variant of the City Hybrid costing around 19 lakhs ex-showroom, I doubt if the Hybrid elevate will fall under 20 lakh ex-showroom if it does, it is indeed worth considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Neither of these will feel like an upgrade from City in terms of rear seat comfort. I'd suggest you to have a look at Hector or Harrier if you want rear-seat comfort or Creta/Seltos. A few months ago, I had travelled to Shirdi and Mumbai in my friend's Hector 5 seater CVT and I must say that I'm super impressed with comfort levels it offered. Its almost as big as a limousine TBH and after Innova, Hector is the easy pick for me if I want to travel on highways. But the only gripe with Hector is its FE.

I too own a 2014 City Diesel (bought preowned in 2017) and ran 164k Kms on the odo till date (odo at the time of purchase was 35k Kms) and till recently, had Taigun 1L TSI MT as well. I can say that, City is miles ahead in terms of rear seat comfort for 3 people while at the same time, Taigun felt tight and uncomfortable for 3 people. Even my parents admitted the same.

If you don't want to sacrifice on rear seat comfort thing, why not try City CVT? Yes, it might not be as powerful as VAG twins or Verna, but considering you have aged parents, City is a better bet for elders.

And, Verna's rear seat is also decent though not close to City but gets the job done and also look for Virtus/Slavia. The rear seat comfort in VAG sedan twins are much better than VAG C-SUV twins TBH but not close to City.

And, Creta is also a good bet for elders in terms of rear seat comfort.

Even I too might be in similar situation soon when I replace my City iDTEC and considering Verna DCT, Virtus/Slavia AT, Sonet D AT or Nexon EV Max as the replacement.
The numerous niggles reported on the Harrier on the forum and from friends and family have made me worry whether the Harrier would be a good choice, it is indeed a great car with a good engine and specs, but I just can't bring myself up to owning a Harrier worrying about whether any niggles would crop up, The new Hector is certainly an option worth considering, but the reviews of the CVT haven't been very favorable, Let me check it out myself and see how it goes.

Tue, I really concur with your views on the Taigun. Having already driven a City for 9 years, I felt another car would be a better buy, The Verna is an option worth considering and the 1.5 DCT should be a fun machine, I guess. The Virtus/Slavia 1.5 DSG is also a pretty enticing option with a 7-speed DSG and powerful 1.5L TSI motor.

I don't know if considering the current gen Creta is worth it considering the fact that the facelift has already launched in foreign markets and the Creta hasn't still been updated with the new 1.5 L DCT.

Overall, I am spoilt for choice here and need to trim down my options.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 06:31   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
1. Automatic Transmission
I finally decided that the ease of an automatic is worth it, although I have driven automatics before, never have I owned one myself, so I am a bit skeptical of this, but with advanced age, the ease of a two-pedal setup really appeals to me.

2. Spacious and Comfortable
The City feels fairly spacious and comfortable and I am unwilling to sacrifice this part

3. Feature rich
Reverse parking cameras, rear AC vents, alloy wheels, cruise control, and hill hold control are some necessities that I insist upon.

So with these requirements in mind, I would love to hear the recommendations of the forum on which car I should go for next, all suggestions are welcome!
Considering your budget and feature requirements, the following are the best options for you:

1. Kia Seltos
The facelift is just around the corner and should satisfy all your requirements, the current-gen model too also is feature loaded too and is available with great offers and discounts, if you are going for the facelift the 1.5L DCT would be the best option to go for, else go for the 1.5L Diesel AT, In the current gen, the 1.5 CVT and the 1.5 Diesel AT are your only options for an automatic.

2. Hyundai Creta
The Creta is also due for a facelift but only in 2024, However, the Current gen Creta meets all your requirements too, the 1.5 CVT or 1.5 Diesel AT are good options worth checking out.

3. MG Hector
The recently updated 2023 MG Hector is loaded with features and comes with a 1.5 L CVT, definitely an option worth checking out.

4. Tata Harrier
The 2023 Harrier comes with a host of new feature additions and is a good pick with its powerful 2.0 L Diesel AT.
Old 26th May 2023, 05:59   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yedukrishnan199 View Post
Considering your budget and feature requirements, the following are the best options for you:

1. Kia Seltos
The facelift is just around the corner and should satisfy all your requirements, the current-gen model too also is feature loaded too and is available with great offers and discounts, if you are going for the facelift the 1.5L DCT would be the best option to go for, else go for the 1.5L Diesel AT, In the current gen, the 1.5 CVT and the 1.5 Diesel AT are your only options for an automatic.

2. Hyundai Creta
The Creta is also due for a facelift but only in 2024, However, the Current gen Creta meets all your requirements too, the 1.5 CVT or 1.5 Diesel AT are good options worth checking out.

3. MG Hector
The recently updated 2023 MG Hector is loaded with features and comes with a 1.5 L CVT, definitely an option worth checking out.

4. Tata Harrier
The 2023 Harrier comes with a host of new feature additions and is a good pick with its powerful 2.0 L Diesel AT.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions, As regards the cars suggested:

1. Kia Seltos
This is a car I feel is worth the wait, the new 1.5 Turbo DCT should be a great engine for the Seltos, and with all the new feature updates in tow, this should be a best seller.

2. Hyundai Creta
The Creta would have been a good choice for me but I am not happy with the 1.5 IVT and feel the Turbo petrol is a better buy, moreover, since its already 3 years old and with a new facelift due in a year, I don't want to buy an old car and have regrets later.

3. MG Hector
The recently updated MG Hector has all the tech I will ever need, but the automatic comes with a 1.5 CVT which I feel is not enough for such a huge car, do let me know if I am wrong.

4. Tata Harrier
The after-sales of Tata and niggles reported on the Harrier have made me skeptical of whether or not I should even consider it in the first place.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks