Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: 2022 - Max 16L - 4X4/ AWD - High GC, Heavy Load New-Preowned vehicle - Farm/ Village Roads + Highway
Preowned ISUZU V-Cross 4X4 2017-2020 47 25.00%
Force Gurkha 2022 - New 32 17.02%
Preowned Tata Hexa XT AWD - 2017-2019 26 13.83%
Preowned Toyota Fortuner - 4X4 AT - 2014-2016 61 32.45%
Preowned Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 VX 4X4 - 2016+ 5 2.66%
Preowned Scorpio S10/S11 - 4X4 - 2016+ 9 4.79%
Others - Duster AWD AMT, Endeavour 4X4, ScorpioN - Mention in Post with Price or Link. 8 4.26%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2022, 12:53   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 16 lakh budget | 4x4 + Ground Clearance | New or Pre-owned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Overtime I note that it is the:

Fortuner and Isuzu V-Cross 1 & 2 respectively. Followed by Hexa and Gurkha.

Also if I factor for slight contribution of buyer bias as would be present with buyers of a more popular car vs that of a less popular car, All are more or less equal for me. Will update as I gain more clarity.
Fortuner if you don't need a loading bay.
Isuzu if you need a loading bay.

Case closed. Rest are either not manufactured or too difficult to find a good specimen of.

Friend got a beautiful Isuzu from Pune - pre owned for some 14 lakhs a couple of months back. There was a huge rush of buyers, he some how managed to get his hands on this.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 17:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Yodha is 100hp as per below link
https://bookonline.tatamotors.com/cv...-cabin-4x4/117

It deserves a test drive once, the biggest grouse being ride quality with leaf springs all round.
If something can be done about that ( removing leaves to soften the ride/ Using composite leaf springs )

Tata Yodha Crew Cab 4WD should be the best option for you since you can buy a new one well within your budget.
It of course will look and feel crude, but it will serve the intended purpose and should also have a good resale once your job is done.

If not TATA Hexa 2wd AT should be your best bet, finding a good AWD in pre-owned will be like playing a lottery IMO.
Dont stress too much for those 4kms of rough roads, though i dont know how bad it is if other 2WD vehicles are able to traverse it you should also be fine.

Last edited by silverado : 8th July 2022 at 17:58.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 12:33   #33
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Fortuner if you don't need a loading bay.
Isuzu if you need a loading bay.
Yes if with load bay Preowned Isuzu I'd the only option. If without there are multiple options

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Yodha is 100hp

The biggest grouse being ride quality with leaf springs.
If something can be done about that

If not TATA Hexa 2wd AT should be your best bet, finding a good AWD in pre-owned will be like playing a lottery IMO.
Dont stress too much for those 4kms of rough roads, though i dont know how bad it is if other 2WD vehicles are able to traverse it you should also be fine.
Yodha is indeed 100 Bhp but from the website seems to not have an AC. Plus will be comercial licence plate. Plus will have speed limiter at 80kmph. ( Not sure of that) If AC version without limiter were possible am sure more comfortable leaf springs can be found. Else Preowned V Cross is the only real option.

If I decide to go without the Load bay, Hexa 2WD AT or 4x4 MT are top of my mind. Yes 4x4 are indeed very hard to find.

During these heavy monsoons in last few days have not been able to even visit the spot due to the 4km section being full of slush, Don't know if 2WD Hexa AT will make it. Am trying to evaluate that, as it would be better for my Dog to be inside the vehicle in folded down last row. Something that is not too viable in the new ScorpioN though.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 21:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

I bought a used Fortuner 4x4 MT of 2010 make from Delhi with around 45000 kms on odo in Jan 2020. And for the past 2 years, I am using it extensively in our farmhouses in Manipur and Assam with all kinds of terrains nature can present you - mud, slush, rocks. And I can't think of any other car that would take such kind of punishment and abuses as gracefully as the like of Toyota BOF Fortuner. With around 20,000 kms run since I purchased it, apart from suspension rubber bushes, routine oil changes, my Fortuner didn't demand any other expenses and really amazed at the reliability and quality of the original parts that had held up really well considering it is now 12 years old, and even with the terrains and roads it had served for the last two years in NE in all weather conditions.

Name:  IMG_3458_1.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  233.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3492_1.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  317.9 KB

16 lakh budget | 4x4 + Ground Clearance | New or Pre-owned?-img_4012_2.jpg

Name:  IMG_4043_1.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  255.3 KB

Name:  IMG_4048_1.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  276.7 KB
iTNerd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 22:00   #35
BHPian

I would be happy to settle for a used Isuzu Dmax Vcross, if AT, even better or Fortuner 4x4 AT.
I just love the old Fortuner. Hood scope, Boxy design, upright stance. Also, we all know about Toyotas longevity.

I myself have to make a hard choice and planning to sell my Thar LX Diesel AT Hardtop and get a 5 door SUV. I have already listed my Thar on Team-bhp classifieds.
Initially I planned to get a used car to be my family use car and Thar as my fun car.
But things didn't go as planned, financially as well as use case wise. My parents although don't complain about the Thar's cons (my Mother loves the high seat and view from the Passenger seat) but whole family can't travel in comfort.

I am hopeful about the new ScorpioN Diesel AT, although will miss the 4x4 AT sadly.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 13th July 2022 at 22:03.
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 13:08   #36
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a HEXA 4X4 XT - BUT -

So, how it finally went down was like this:

Pajero Sport - Worries about Maintenance support and pricing.
Fortuner 4X4 - All in the market from previous gen were 1L + kms if genuine plus it surely is not a comfortable ride.
Safari Storme 4X4 - Not available, plus previous gen.
Compass 4X4 - Not ladder frame, too many reports of issues.
Thar LX HT AT Diesel- Available a dime a dozen but, too small, inconvenient for pets, Impractical.

Final 3 were ISUZU VCross 4X4 2018, Force Gurkha NEW 2022 or HEXA 4X4 XT 2017-2020

Force Gurkha tugged at the heart but while better than the Thar in practicality for my purpose, it is finally a 3 door and low on power, so the highway route till the rough road section starts may be a bit boring.

Isuzu V-Cross again was a worry from maintenance point of view considering the dealer network and the recent drop in sales. It did tick all boxes, but I didn't find a vehicle that was in acceptable condition in the period in which I searched.

Hexa 4X4 XT are exceedingly rare. You just keep finding AT variants in the XT trim, which was extremely popular, but I needed an AWD or 4X4.

Just when I gave up, I found a 34kms run white coloured 2017 model at a decent price.

This was for my sister's company and for when she travels to the location, so comfort was important. The vehicle was externally in immaculate condition except for fog lights that had a bit of moisture. All 4 Tires were new but was a Yokohama while 3 were MRF.

So, it was finalized, (test driven for a few kms, rode comfortably did not pull to any side and gave no error codes) and bought as it was driven for just 34k kms.

But..

To verify the condition further, I got it checked out at TATA Motors Wasan Service center in Chembur. They certified that except for a crack in the Exhaust pipe, there was nothing else in need of urgent repairs. I got the exhaust pipe repair cost further reduced and bought the vehicle for my sister. (Though I would be the one driving it for/ with her when going to the location in concern.)

Relying on this checking performed by Wasan Motors Chembur was a BIG MISTAKE on my part. More on that in a separate Thread.

Hope the logic used to arrive at the decision helps others in buying their vehicle when the criteria match. Though going for TATA was not really the best decision that I took.
Attached Images

Last edited by ACM : 30th September 2022 at 13:14.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks