Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which Kia Carens would you buy?
1.5L Petrol 24 9.34%
1.4L Turbo-Petrol 78 30.35%
1.5L Diesel 155 60.31%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2022, 18:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens | 1.5L Petrol vs 1.4L Turbo-Petrol vs 1.5L Diesel | Which engine would you choose?

Voted for 1.5 Diesel. Would prefer Diesel AT any day. Frugal engine and decent power to pull 6/7 people. Will stay away from DCT because of its reliability.
Old 20th March 2022, 18:14   #32
BHPian

Re: Kia Carens | 1.5L Petrol vs 1.4L Turbo-Petrol vs 1.5L Diesel | Which engine would you choose?

Diesel AT any day for me. Savings on Fuel, better FE and price at par with petrol variant so no brainier for me.

Edit note :- Pls merge with above post or delete the same. Thanks

Last edited by NAVREVV : 20th March 2022 at 18:16.
Old 21st March 2022, 18:00   #33
BHPian

Diesel would be my pick - Refined engine, great driveability in city, low NVH, Not very punchy in the Carens (seems slightly conservatively tuned) but can deliver decent performance along with great FE

For transmission, having driven both AT and MT in the diesel -

- felt manual was more engaging and delivered better performance. In addition, the clutch was fairly light by diesel standards and the gearbox was very smooth. Great choice if the running is more skewed towards highways.

- AT is very smooth and competent, with no perceptible 'feel' when gear changes happen, which is a good thing. However there is a short lag between you pressing on the accelerator and performance kicking in (like with many ATs) - hence, not as 'fun to drive' as the manual. Great for the city though - with its driveability and smoothness

Last edited by RoadTiger : 21st March 2022 at 18:27.
Old 6th October 2022, 21:15   #34
BHPian

What a timing of this thread, I had the same confusion until last week. Had a back to back test drive of both 1.4P DCT & Diesel AT, in fact twise on different dates. I felt diesel AT is not much under powered. Note, I'm currently driving Elite i20 CRDi with Wolf-moto remap generating close to 120bph. I'm very much convinced with the drivability of Diesel AT. So I went ahead and booked 1.5 Diesel AT Luxury Plus last week, my only concern is how it's going to perform with 6/7 people onboard on the inclines / hill sections, but got convinced myself after watching couple of YouTube videos, hope it will get the job done.
Old 6th October 2022, 23:13   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Are folks that are voting for the Diesel AT not worried about BS6 diesel problems? You have to drive a lot, at high RPMs, at high speeds. There's DPF regeneration to consider. There's DPF failures occurring at high altitudes.
Old 7th October 2022, 10:42   #36
Senior - BHPian

If not for the 5-6 month long waiting times, I would be owning a Kia Carens Diesel Prestige Plus MT.

I live outside the city (1 km off NH45) and rake a lot of miles, and practically see 1800-2000 rpm multiple times during my commute. There will be quite a bit of highway drives as well.

With confidence from other open road BS6 diesel ownerships, took a plunge and own a BS6 diesel currently.

Hyundai-Kia diesels are refined, so engine noise is not a conern.

Bonus1: Fuel cost at 5 Rs/km.

Bonus2: The 1.4 Turbo stalling on inclines reported by owners (like this from ptaneja) is just meh! The 1.5 diesel takes multi-level parking inclines in 2nd gear with minimal momentum. MJD required 1st gear on the first incline.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks