Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2022, 21:00   #196
BHPian

Re: Want to buy a 45 - 50 lakh SUV | How to get rid of the middle class guilt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I have taken delivery of my Innova Crysta.
Congratulations on your new ride. It looks lovely in white. Is the black mirror an add-on ? I thought the Crysta top end came with body-colored mirrors.

Quote:
The car costed approx 31.7L on road in Bangalore. True to Toyota pedigree the car got costlier by around 1.25L just on the day of purchase.
On the price front, Toyota seems to have increased the price for different models/variants differently. For the Crysta ZX AT and the Fortuner 4x2 AT, the increase appears to be ~1%, whereas it seems to be ~4% for the Camry. So for Crysta ZX AT, the OTR Bangalore should have just gone up only 44K and change. Can you kindly reconfirm this price change you quoted.

Crysta ZX AT: 25,32,000 -> 25,68,000
Fortuner 4x2 AT: 36,17,000 -> 36,57,000
Fortuner 4x4 AT: 39,28,000 -> 40,03,000
Legender 4x2 AT: 39,71,000 -> 40,91,000
Legender 4x4 AT: 43,43,000 -> 44,63,000
Camry: 41,70,000 -> 43,45,000

New prices quoted above are ex-showroom and are from Toyota's website. The old price is from the pricing sheet the SA shared with me during my TDs in Feb/March. It matches what is on the Carwale website.

The Legender 4x4 AT Bangalore OTR (Ex-Showroom+Tax+Insurance+TCS) is now around 55.75L and Camry around 54.30L!

EDIT : Poloman, your PM inbox seems to be full; I have tried sending PMs to you in the past, too and today for this, but I always get a receiver's inbox total error

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd April 2022 at 06:11. Reason: Typo and spacing, please proofread, Thanks.
SR-71 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 21:26   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Congratulations on the new ride. Your car buying journey was very intriguing. Wish you countless comfortable miles with the Crysta. And kudos to the Toyota dealership in helping you save a handsome sum of money.

OT- Does Poloman now becomes Crysta-Family-Man?
Polo remains in my heart and you can see that in most posts of me, I will be mentioning something about Polo. This photo was taken 1 month back and you can see the time less beauty in all glory. No professional detailing done in last 7 years. VW paints even though on softer side have a deep gloss to them. If you avoid unsafe daily cleaning practices, car will look new for ages.
Want to buy a 45 - 50 lakh SUV | How to get rid of the middle class guilt?-20220205_094514.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
On the price front, Toyota seems to have increased the price for different models/variants differently. For the Crysta ZX AT and the Fortuner 4x2 AT, the increase appears to be ~1%, whereas it seems to be ~4% for the Camry.

Sorry, whatever is mentioned on the Toyota website should be true. I am seeing this only now. The 1.25L was a ballpark figure given by the SA on my delivery time. They may have gone by the 'up to 4%' figure or in a hurry to close the deal.

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd April 2022 at 06:15. Reason: Fixed quote and typo.
poloman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 21:47   #198
BHPian

Congratulations poloman(or crystaman) the Innova is looking regal in white, I hope you have millions of fun kms with it, with Toyota reliability shouldn’t be hard.

Cheers
W16rocks
W16rocks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 22:00   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...But please be very careful while doing pooja if you have a white car. I had a major scare with the thilak applied on the car turning to a yellow stain with in an hour. No soap, no vinegar could remove it. Finally had to apply rubbing compound which could remove it fully after a 1 hour effort.
Congratulations on the new car!

If you ever find yourself at the receiving end of an enthusiastic priest's handiwork again, ACETONE-FREE nail polish remover is an excellent gentle cleanser that can remove turmeric and tilak stains like nobody's business.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 04:00   #200
BHPian

Congratulations @poloman on your new car! The family will never be disappointed with this car.

The Innova Crysta is a no nonsense vehicle and it would be an understatement to say that it is one of the most comfortable and useful cars available today. In spite of the price increase every now and then, there is simply no real substitute for what it offers as a package and hence, Toyota can afford to get away with the exorbitant prices without a dent on its sale numbers. In fact, my father got the Innova Crysta 2.4Z manual variant in superior white colour last year after lot of deliberation and comparison between Fortuner and the Crysta. we are very happy with the decision and I really enjoyed driving it on some long trips. Even for city driving, considering it’s size it is not that difficult to manage and manoeuvre.

Wishing you many miles and a great time with this lovely vehicle!
jbpanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 05:51   #201
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

A Crysta in smashing pearl white is awesome. Heartiest congratulations. This will serve you several lakh miles with no fuss. Mine is nearing 70K km and it still runs like it did on its first day.

And what a tight finish to beating a price increase.

Hearty congratulations again!
jkrishnakj is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 06:54   #202
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for culminating all the thoughts into a very good decision in the form of the Innova Crysta

It’s been a solid 2 months and healthy 14 pages of a roller coaster yet insightful debate, that many a people have followed, including me.

Now that the initial chase and /or the thrill is accomplished, it’s time to start enjoying the ride!
And keep us updated with your ownership experiences, for a long time.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 09:28   #203
Senior - BHPian

Big thanks to all..!!

Completed around 150KM so far.

1) The car is highly predictable. You won't get any surprises.
Toyota QA is superb and churns out almost exact copies of the car. For example the mileage is exactly as mentioned multiple times in the forum 12Km on highways and 8-9Km in city. Panel gaps are mostly uniform. Contrary to some reports in the forum, I find the paint quality also excellent. Could not find a single defect or speck in the paint, may be due to the pearl white color which hides lot of imperfections. But overall Toyota is miles ahead in the quality department, I feel.

2)Toyota has read the mind of the customers of this segment. They know what features to retain or add and what to omit. I always prefer a full sized spare alloy wheel over sunroof any day. Opinions may differ on this. I am not a fan of bling features and taglines like "internet inside" in a car. But absolutely look for safety features like max air bags, hill assist. etc. Prefer simplicity and emphasis on safety in the machines. I am an electronics engineer, but don't like too much electronics in my car.

3) No need to write about this again since this is widely known, but comfort is best on highways. The car is easy to drive in city also. But ride is a bit bumpy to my liking on lower speeds and undulations on road are felt on steering. Difficult to park not due to size but due to a heavy steering. I have to do a 3 point turn to my parking due to an adjacent pillar. So it is a good amount of muscle work. Otherwise you won't feel you are driving such a long car, till you look back.

4) Lot of people ticks off Innova from their list just due to the so called 'taxi image'. I don't find any merit in this argument. This is an extremely good looking and comfortable car. No one is going to judge your societal status just because there are too many Innova taxis. Public understands the merit of this car. So if you like the car, go ahead and buy it. Don't give a damn to that envious neighborhood uncleji's or friend's comment "why you bought a car with taxi image?".
The only problem I find with Innova is that it is atleast 3-4L overpriced.

5) The key fob looks and feel a little flimsy. But now a days this is the case with most cars.

6) The worst thing in this car is the dinosaur era automatic gear selector layout. I always need to look at the lever to move it the desired gear. While parking this is highly irritating.

Lastly don't always go by your instincts when you are buying a car. 45-50L is serious money for salaried class. Like business people you can't write off depreciation or claim tax benefits on car loan interest. This will be a significant amount. So don't do what your business friend is doing. Changing expensive cars every 5 years. They won't tell you how much they are saving in the process.

Deliberate on your needs, ponder over your finances, do multiple test drives and factor in expert opinions and ownership reports on informed forums like Team BHP. Happy that this thread could influence many like minded people and balance the push and pulls in life.

Last edited by poloman : 3rd April 2022 at 09:37.
poloman is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 10:03   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Big thanks to all..!!

Toyota QA is superb and churns out almost exact copies of the car. For example the mileage is exactly as mentioned multiple times in the forum 12Km on highways and 8-9Km in city. Panel gaps are mostly uniform. Contrary to some reports in the forum, I find the paint quality also excellent. Could not find a single defect or speck in the paint, may be due to the pearl white color which hides lot of imperfections. But overall Toyota is miles ahead in the quality department, I feel.
Congratulations.
The highway mileage should improve to around 14+. Max efficiency I've got is between 80-100 and anything above 110 there is a drastic drop in the mileage.
sunilg33 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 10:20   #205
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. From a flashy red Polo to a ubiquitous white Crysta. One can see the change in thought process over a decade too.

Quote:
Big thanks to all..!!

4) The only problem I find with Innova is that it is atleast 3-4L overpriced.
Well, read 1 and 4 together and you know where that extra 3 lakh goes. It offers unmatched peace of mind when you are traveling with family. And there will be no personal leaves due to family emergencies to take your car for a service action.

Regarding the gated action of the gear lever, you will soon gain muscle memory to do that. I had trouble for the first few days and then it started behaving much more smoothly. I feel I don't make any adjustments for the gates now. It just automatically falls in place with downward and upward movements.
padmrajravi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 10:25   #206
One
BHPian

Quote:
Big thanks to all..!!

1) I find the paint quality also excellent. Could not find a single defect or speck in the paint, may be due to the pearl white color which hides lot of imperfections.
Congratulations on your purchase, love the pearl white colour. Is it easy to touch up and maintain that shade because it beats the Super White for me anyday?
One is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 10:47   #207
BHPian

Hearty congratulations, Poloman! The Innova looks absolutely elegant/classy.

For a person who drives Polo right now and is looking to upgrade to Innova what do you think is the biggest change in terms of you driving and family being driven in it now?

Last edited by ranjith_cbz : 3rd April 2022 at 11:06. Reason: Missing a word.
Old 3rd April 2022, 11:15   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith_cbz View Post
Hearty congratulations, Poloman! The Innova looks absolutely

For a person who drives Polo right now and is looking to upgrade to Innova what do you think is the biggest change in terms of you driving and family being driven in it now?
  • You may need some convincing to do with your wife and kids in regards to the 'taxi image' of the Innova. This is a reality which can't be ignored.
  • Drive wise expect for lower mileage and lower DTE due to huge weight and small tank size for mammoth MPV. Polo used to give me mileage of 18 on highways with DTE of 750KM.
  • Innova captain seats may not be of liking for every one. Some one who is looking for top variant with bench seat only will be disappointed.
  • Make sure that your parking can accommodate Innova. This is over 800mm longer 150mm wider and 300mm taller which is huge. With Polo I am confident of entering any alley which is even 6 ft wide. Don't think with Innova that is possible.
    Both are reliable vehicles. So no fear of breakdown in remote areas.
poloman is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 12:18   #209
BHPian

Congratulations to all of you and would just add that, growth is life. Nice of you to remember your daughter with old car delivery. One must buy the best and enjoy the fruits in the future.
sukhbirST is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 15:06   #210
BHPian

Just wanted to add that, when your daughter buys her first and second car, you should be taking over (in the photos). Tell her its payback time. God bless ,it should happen sometime.
sukhbirST is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed