Kia Sonet 54 13.99%
Tata Nexon 123 31.87%
Maruti Ignis 18 4.66%
Other (please specify in your post) 14 3.63%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2022, 14:30   #61
Puh

Re: Tata Punch vs Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs Maruti Vitara Brezza vs others

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I will discuss the suggestions with him and keep you updated.

Thanks and cheers
Puh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 23:14   #62
BHPian

Which automatic beater car under 8.5 lakhs on road ?

Hello friends
WHY A NEW CAR
We recently took delivery of our White Mammoth i.e - Our XUV700 AX7L . We also have a 2008 SX4 . Now the problem arises , Due to us living in the NCR region the SX4 won't be able to do it's duties anymore because of the rules of NGT ( 14 year old car ) . The car has not even touched the mark of 1 Lakh Kilometres and drives flawlessly . The SX4 has seen the highest mountains of Uttrakhand and has gone places where 4×4 vehicles are meant to go without breaking a sweat ( But broke many Mudguards and fenders ) . So , now we need to replace our SX4 with a smaller car because we can't take the XUV to every place because of it's mammoth size and my Mom doesn't want to drive a big car around town .

REQUIREMENTS
  1. Safety / Build quality is the top most priority.
  2. All power windows are a must .
  3. Automatic Transmission only because we live in NCR and the traffic is bad .
  4. Only Petrol as running will be really low.
  5. Easy to drive in heavy traffic and for a newbie driver , As i will be having a driving licence in less than a years time .
  6. Adequate power because this car is going to be driven by my mom and she is a sedate driver .

BUDGET
This is the main talking point , we started out with a budget of 5 lakhs for a used car and upon researching the used market couldn't find good options priced reasonably and hence decided to go for a new vehicle with a strict budget of under 8.5 lakh on road Noida .

CARS CONSIDERED

TATA PUNCH

LIKES-
  1. 5 star GNCAP rating
  2. Most spacious in it's segment
  3. Fit and finish was better than Nissan Magnites fit and finish
  4. It looks like a mini Harrier
  5. FE of 15-16 Km/l in AMT ( Real world )

DISLIKES-
  1. The power windows switches on the doors looked of cheap quality
  2. During the TD , the AMT was really sluggish .
  3. The aftersales of Tata is a hit or miss .

NISSAN MAGNITE

LIKES-
  1. NOTHING - explained below
DISLIKES-
  1. We went to NEO Nissan Noida , the dealership had no car in the display and they were showing customer cars to us.
  2. The sales person was least interested in showing the car and didn't even care to tell us about it .
  3. The customer cars showed Nissan's build quality , the interiors were like they would fall off any second .

TATA TIAGO

LIKES-
  1. Really small footprint but spacious from inside
  2. The XTA variant was really VFM compared to Hyundai Grand i10 nios Magna .
  3. 4 Star GNCAP rating

DISLIKES-
  1. Not as spacious as the Tata Punch
  2. Price difference not much in both the Tata cars variants.
  3. It is based on Tata's old platform and doesn't look as good as the Punch

[B]QUERIES[/B]
  1. Should we look at some other cars in this segment ?
  2. Are there any issues in Tata's AMT ?

BOTTOMLINE
We are really swayed away by the Tata Punch's looks and ride quality and are deciding to book it . The MS stable is only full of unsafe cars in this segment and after looking at the dealership experience of Nissan and Ford's exit from India , we are feeling more safe spending our money on Indian brands rather than the foreign one's.

I would really like the esteemed members of the Team BHP community to give their suggestions on the queries and that if we should go ahead with the booking of the Tata punch Adventure AMT.
Old 17th May 2022, 22:19   #63
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch vs Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs Maruti Vitara Brezza vs others

Voted “Other” - As I couldn’t find XUV 300 in the list. I picked her out of the other available options 2 yrs back and will still make the same choice again if I had to.
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:44   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachetandclank View Post

Any advice on negotiation folks?
Trying getting quotation from multiple dealers and where you get the least quotation use that as a starting price for a fresh quotation from the dealer you wish to book your car with. This will make sure you are not overcharged. Here the price will mostly vary in insurance, accessories, and R.T.O.

Then have a look at the accessories cost, they can inflate it to the tune of ₹5000 to ₹10,000. Just helped my friend book a Nexon XZA+ HS and saw this happening first hand.

Before asking for any discounts on insurance first get a amount from online with all the possible add-ons. Show this to the sales person and ask him how closely he can match that. ( in my friend’s case dealer quoted ₹53,xxx and on policy bazaar I got a quote of ₹21,xxx). If he still refuses to budge ask him to include as much add-ons (must haves- return to invoice, zero dep., engine protection, rsa, key and lock replacement) as possible in the quoted price.
AROO7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 23:40   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puh View Post
Thank you all for your suggestions.

I will discuss the suggestions with him and keep you updated.

Thanks and cheers
Tata Cars + Turbo Petrol = Low fuel efficiency.
My advice would be to try IGNIS, its an internationally sold model and is better built than Wagon R/Celerio IMO.
Old 5th June 2022, 12:09   #66
BHPian

Re: Which automatic beater car under 8.5 lakhs on road ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
REQUIREMENTS
  1. Safety / Build quality is the top most priority.
  2. All power windows are a must .
  3. Automatic Transmission only because we live in NCR and the traffic is bad .
  4. Only Petrol as running will be really low.
  5. Easy to drive in heavy traffic and for a newbie driver , As i will be having a driving licence in less than a years time .
  6. Adequate power because this car is going to be driven by my mom and she is a sedate driver .

BUDGET
A strict budget of under 8.5 lakh on road Noida .
Please test drive Honda Amaze. S CVT variant is for around 9 lakh OTR. It has:
1. 4 star safety rating.
2 All power windows
3. CVT, which is far superior to AMT (Amaze is the cheapest CVT in the market)
4. A proven 1.2 NA Petrol engine
5. The bonet is visible from the driver's seat making it easier to navigate in traffic esp for newbies.
6. Its power delivery makes it ideal for sedate driving.

The cons are that it's a sedan at a time when the world is moving to SUVs. And it has few gizmos. If those are not requirements, then it's a very worthy contender.
naru80 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 21:31   #67

Re: ARTICLE: How to buy a *NEW* car in India

Have been advised to buy an SUV type of vehicle by my doctor for ease of ingress and egress.

Presently driving a Honda CVT with which I am very happy. Shortlisted the following:

Hyundai Venue DCT
Maruti Brezza TC Automatic
Renault Kiger CVT

Confused on choice:

Though I like the Renault Kiger CVT I am worried about Nissan CVT reliability.

Hyundai DCT: Worried about reliability

So that leaves only Maruti Brezza 6 speed TC Automatic as my remaining choice.

My monthly drive is not even 200 kms. I am a senior citizen and drive myself, so looking for advice. Please help.

Thank you.

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th June 2022 at 04:51. Reason: Edited for punctuation, spellings, suitable capitalisation etc. Please review the Forum rules before proceeding.
Prabhakarpn is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th June 2022, 07:40   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabhakarpn View Post
Have been advised to buy an SUV type of vehicle by my doctor for ease of ingress
All 3 car's shortlisted by you are unsafe.

You haven't mentioned your budget, TD Punch and Nexon, and get yourself one of these safe cars.

I own Nexon xma since '18 and no regrets.

Happy shopping.
Regards

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th June 2022 at 08:40. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
Old 14th June 2022, 12:50   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
All 3 car's shortlisted by you are unsafe
Could you please elaborate on the reasoning for terming Brezza and Kiger as unsafe cars.

They both are rated 4 star by GNCAP.

Unless GNCAP rating points is the sole criteria to choose a car here, Brezza/Kiger/Nexon/Punch are almost on level playing field as far as safety is concerned. Even then, if someone values child safety rating points higher, Toyota's Brezza (Urban Cruiser) has better child safety rating than Nexon.

The new Brezza with 6 speed Torque Converter automatic will be a good balanced alternative to AMT/DCT cars of the segment. It will be smooth, reliable and will have decent-to-good mileage. And hopefully it comes with ESC.
Old 17th June 2022, 21:37   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabhakarpn View Post
Have been advised to buy an SUV type of vehicle by my doctor for ease of ingress and egress.

My monthly drive is not even 200 kms. I am a senior citizen and drive myself, so looking for advice. Please help.

Thank you.
Brezza 6AT should be ideal choice for safety , ride comfort and ease of ownership.
Old 26th June 2022, 11:01   #71
BANNED

Reliable Automatic SUV/Crossover under 15 lakhs on road

Automatic SUV/Crossover under 15 lakhs on road

Current Scenario

Hello everyone on Team BHP! A huge thanks for welcoming me into the forum!

Me and my family have been in search for an automatic SUV/Crossover under 15 lakhs on road in Thrissur, Kerala. We currently have a Renault Kwid RXT AMT that is 5 years old. We do not travel much in the car as we only use it when we have to ply more than 2. So, our average usage comes to just hardly 5000 km a year. Moreover Covid-19 took a toll on our travel plans too.

Requirement

An Automatic SUV/Crossover under 15 lakhs. We intend to hold on to this SUV for as long as possible. We decided to go for an SUV due to the poor roads in our area and especially during the monsoons, there is hardly any road. Moreover, Me and my dad hate the AMT on the Kwid.
We bought it in the first place only because it was our first vehicle since Me, my mom and my sister got our licenses (back in the beginning of 2017). and my Mom didn't want us to spend 15 lakhs on a vehicle to learn how to drive. Moreover the 180 mm of ground clearance and looks of the Kwid enticed our family back then.

Now with the SUV space brimming with options from almost every manufacturer. We decided it was time for the Kwid to go.

Options Considered

1. Renault Kiger
We considered the Kiger for its proper Automatic (CVT) gearbox, but ergonomics and fit and finish weren't really the best in the segment. However, Prices and offers from Renault were tempting. We took a look at the RXZ Turbo CVT and it really felt value for money considering the price. However, my mom felt it just looks like a Kwid grown larger and wasn't in favour of it.

2. Nissan Magnite
Similar story to the Kiger, we were considering the XV Premium Turbo CVT variant, it had 360-degree Camera and few other active safety features over the Kiger. But with Nissan barely surviving in India and this being their only product which is selling numbers. We decided to look elsewhere.

3.Tata Nexon
We didn't consider it because it had an AMT Gearbox.

4. Mahindra XUV 300
We don't like AMT Gearboxes.

5.Hyundai Venue
Although not a fan of the "Parametric Jewel Grille". The SX (O) 1.0 Turbo DCT with all its fancy bells and whistles and DCT gearbox intrigues me. Space at the back although comes at a premium. In spite of 6 airbags and other active safety features in the new Venue, the mediocre NCAP rating of other Hyundai/Kia cars makes me feel like the Venue won't do any Better in that aspect.

6. Kia Sonet
We considered the HTX 1.0 DCT and the HTX 1.0 Diesel AT variants of the Sonet. Both are nice to drive and have all the necessities in them. However, since we don't drive much, we thought the Diesel wasn't required. Cabin quality and fit and finish are good, but the 6-month waiting period is quite annoying.

7. Maruti Suzuki S-Cross
We considered the Zeta AT Variant of the S-Cross. Although a very spacious Crossover, with a 4 Speed AT, however having seen the New S-Cross already out in foreign markets and rumours that Maruti's plans to nix it from their lineup, we decided to look elsewhere.

8. New Maruti Suzuki Brezza/ Toyota Urban Cruiser
Having been confirmed that the New Brezza gets a 6 speed AT and many new features like 360-degree Camera, 6 airbags, new 9-inch touchscreen. I am willing to consider its ZXI Plus AT variant as it looks to be a good overall package. Hope they price it in under my budget.

Let me know your thoughts on this BHPians ! and feel free to recommend me any other car besides these!
yedukrishnan199 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 11:34   #72
BHPian

Re: Reliable Automatic SUV/Crossover under 15 lakhs on road

Why don’t you check out the MG Astor Super 1.5 CVT ? I guess that’ll fall into your budget, you’ll get a proper automatic (and a four-pot motor), a much bigger and matured vehicle than the compact suv segment, and a unique and good looking vehicle with decent features in that particular variant. Do check that out once.
NarediAni7518 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 11:40   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarediAni7518 View Post
Why don’t you check out the MG Astor Super 1.5 CVT ? I guess that’ll fall into your budget, you’ll get a proper automatic (and a four-pot motor), a much bigger and matured vehicle than the compact suv segment, and a unique and good looking vehicle with decent features in that particular variant. Do check that out once.
The MG Astor Super 1.5 CVT costs above 16 lakhs on road in my state, so can't afford it
yedukrishnan199 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 18:24   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yedukrishnan199 View Post

Current Scenario

Hello everyone on Team BHP! A huge thanks for welcoming me into the forum!

Me and my family have been in search for an automatic SUV/Crossover under 15 lakhs on road in Thrissur, Kerala. We currently have a Renault Kwid RXT AMT that is 5 years old. We do not travel much in the car as we only use it when we have to ply more than 2. So, our average usage comes to just hardly 5000 km a year. Moreover Covid-19 took a toll on our travel plans too.

Requirement

An Automatic SUV/Crossover under 15 lakhs. We intend to hold on to this SUV for as long as possible. We decided to go for an SUV due to the poor roads in our area and especially during the monsoons, there is hardly any road. Moreover, Me and my dad hate the AMT on the Kwid.
We bought it in the first place only because it was our first vehicle since Me, my mom and my sister got our licenses (back in the beginning of 2017). and my Mom didn't want us to spend 15 lakhs on a vehicle to learn how to drive. Moreover the 180 mm of ground clearance and looks of the Kwid enticed our family back then.

Now with the SUV space brimming with options from almost every manufacturer. We decided it was time for the Kwid to go.

Options Considered

1. Renault Kiger
We considered the Kiger for its proper Automatic (CVT) gearbox, but ergonomics and fit and finish weren't really the best in the segment. However, Prices and offers from Renault were tempting. We took a look at the RXZ Turbo CVT and it really felt value for money considering the price. However, my mom felt it just looks like a Kwid grown larger and wasn't in favour of it.

2. Nissan Magnite
Similar story to the Kiger, we were considering the XV Premium Turbo CVT variant, it had 360-degree Camera and few other active safety features over the Kiger. But with Nissan barely surviving in India and this being their only product which is selling numbers. We decided to look elsewhere.

3.Tata Nexon
We didn't consider it because it had an AMT Gearbox.

4. Mahindra XUV 300
We don't like AMT Gearboxes.

5.Hyundai Venue
Although not a fan of the "Parametric Jewel Grille". The SX (O) 1.0 Turbo DCT with all its fancy bells and whistles and DCT gearbox intrigues me. Space at the back although comes at a premium. In spite of 6 airbags and other active safety features in the new Venue, the mediocre NCAP rating of other Hyundai/Kia cars makes me feel like the Venue won't do any Better in that aspect.

6. Kia Sonet
We considered the HTX 1.0 DCT and the HTX 1.0 Diesel AT variants of the Sonet. Both are nice to drive and have all the necessities in them. However, since we don't drive much, we thought the Diesel wasn't required. Cabin quality and fit and finish are good, but the 6-month waiting period is quite annoying.

7. Maruti Suzuki S-Cross
We considered the Zeta AT Variant of the S-Cross. Although a very spacious Crossover, with a 4 Speed AT, however having seen the New S-Cross already out in foreign markets and rumours that Maruti's plans to nix it from their lineup, we decided to look elsewhere.

8. New Maruti Suzuki Brezza/ Toyota Urban Cruiser
Having been confirmed that the New Brezza gets a 6 speed AT and many new features like 360-degree Camera, 6 airbags, new 9-inch touchscreen. I am willing to consider its ZXI Plus AT variant as it looks to be a good overall package. Hope they price it in under my budget.

Let me know your thoughts on this BHPians ! and feel free to recommend me any other car besides these!
I am not in favour of AMT Cars and would like your views on the above mentioned cars and any other CVT/DCT/TC automatics in the SUV/Crossover segment worth considering under 15 lakhs on road in Kerala
yedukrishnan199 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 10:21   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yedukrishnan199 View Post

Requirement

I am in quite a similar situation too, and with the compact SUV space being as large as it is now, you have too many options in front of you and are in quite a dilemma. Every car has its own hits and misses, therefore personal preference and doing a test drive on all the vehicles listed would be of utmost importance.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks