Kia Sonet 54 13.99%
Tata Nexon 123 31.87%
Maruti Ignis 18 4.66%
Other (please specify in your post) 14 3.63%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2021, 22:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch vs Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs Maruti Vitara Brezza vs others

I think Nexon or Kiger win this contest. As someone said earlier, Punch and Ignis are perhaps a segment below, irrespective of their pricing.
Old 22nd November 2021, 10:16   #17

Re: Tata Punch vs Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs Maruti Vitara Brezza vs others

This comparison should have been between the Punch, the Ignis, the Magnite and the Kiger. There is no point comparing these cars with cars a segment above.

And there is no way the XUV3OO can be left out if you do insist on comparing it with cars a segment above. Any particular reason for this?

Apart from the small boot and Mahindra deleting features silently, it still is a pretty decent and fun to drive car with probably the best engines under the hood.
Old 22nd November 2021, 10:27   #18
BHPian

Voted for the Kiger.

I don’t consider Brezza , Sonet, Venue and Nexon as competitors of the Punch. If I did I would have gone with Nexon which I own.

Kiger looks great , is from same stable as the magnite and hence has the 4 star safety along with decent styling and a turbo petrol CVT combo. Also vs Magnite, it has a much better service network.
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 10:42   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for Nexon

Reasons

1. Better interiors than Punch. Can't stand that cheap, hard white upper dashboard plastics of Punch. Nexon and altroz have that in their bottom part of the dash, hence not noticeable as much.
2. Slightly more spacious
3. Vastly superior turbo petrol and 6 speed MT gearbox

Second choice would be the Renault Kiger

Reasons

1. Very good 1.0 turbo engine, a delight in sports mode(ie, if you can ignore that pathetic gearbox)
2. Spacious than Punch
3. Looks cool too

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 22nd November 2021 at 10:44.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 11:08   #20

Voted others as my choice would be XUV300.
For me as the driver and the enthusiast, the engine matters and as a family man, the safety rating matters.
Old 22nd November 2021, 13:05   #21
BANNED

Voted for Others. The Punch is overpriced and misses out on rear AC vents and front armrest. It doesn't have turbo petrol or turbo diesel option either.

I'll rather take the Altroz XZ diesel and upgrade to taller sidewall tires for better ground clearance. Or just get a ~4-year used Figo diesel and add taller tires for 190mm+ clearance.
MaheshY1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 13:12   #22
BHPian

I think Tata have done good in pricing the Punch on higher side considering the production constraints and chip shortage. They can rake in the extra margin until these issues get sorted out. Also the production constraints for Tata are only going to increase considering the launches they have planned in coming months. 7-8000 Units of sale per month is a great number with high profit margin. Later when the production capacity eases they can easily lower the price And they will also have space for launching the turbo petrol version.
Old 22nd November 2021, 16:37   #23
BHPian

Voted for Nexon = The product is there in the market for sometime now and newer customers will keep getting niggle free product experience.

People will take time to appreciate that Tata after sales support has improved for all Tata products
SulemanP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 17:11   #24
BHPian

AMT in Punch and Nexon are deal breakers for me.
Nissan Magnite CVT would be my pick from this list and if the requirement is not very urgent, I would like to wait for new Brezza.
Old 22nd November 2021, 20:09   #25
BHPian

Voted for the Sonet.

Safety point not withstanding, it's perfect in almost all sense; or I should say it has an offering for majority of the type of buyers with number of engine, gearbox and features list.

Close second is Nexon. If only TATA were to offer it with a proper TC gearbox, I would have surely voted for it. It might not compete with Sonet on feature set, but overall it's a solid package.

Aside, I really don't feel that the Punch and Ignis even belong to this category!
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 21:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

If price isn't a consideration and safety rating won't make you lose sleep, Sonet all the way.

It's probably the most well rounded package of all with fewer compromises to make than most

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 22nd November 2021 at 21:41.
Old 23rd November 2021, 00:09   #27
BHPian

The price is usually the deciding factor, which limits us to choose between the available variants of these car.

Picked Nexon in poll - safety, time in market, powerful diesel with 6-speed gearbox (better than Altroz), color options (camo anyone), P2P/Gold AMC plans availabe for 4 years (hassle free ownership experience).
Old 23rd November 2021, 12:26   #28
BHPian

Was in the same segment , helping a friend choose his first new car.

And ditched all of them in favour for a PreOwned EcoSport.

Tata Punch vs Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs Maruti Vitara Brezza vs others-20211121_125344.jpg

Read here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatch...ml#post5201112 (Nissan Magnite CVT vs Tata Punch AMT)

The Magnite is the Car I'd choose if I had to get an Automatic thanks to the Super Smooth CVT and the Punchy Turbo Petrol.

If not for the safety aspect, the Sonet/Venue would've been a tough contender.

Being a Tata owner, I'm happy with my old school Tata, but wouldn't touch the New , tech laden cars they make unless it's an Altroz Turbo (looks too damn good!)

I visited the Showroom and saw cars there with some panel out of place, another clip hanging out of it's place, or a system that doesn't work well. Just not the way it was supposed to be.

Last edited by viXit : 23rd November 2021 at 12:28.
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 12:30   #29
BHPian

Voted for Nexon and more specifically the Nexon diesel, simply because it is better than the competition in many ways (ground clearance, space, safety) apart from the great engine. Plus it has been around for a while and is pretty tried and tested now. However, I feel that this comparison is not like to like. Many cars pitted against the Punch are from a segment or two above.
Old 23rd November 2021, 15:12   #30
BHPian

• Maruti Vitara Brezza
  • Hyundai Venue
  • Kia Sonet
  • Tata Nexon
These 4 are no way direct competitors to the Punch!

It's the Magnite vs Kiger vs Punch show down afterall. Moreover Tiago NRG prospects can consider this.

I so wish the i-turbo variant of Punch comes out soon. In this trio, Magnite Turbo with X-tronic is a better package, but NA vs NA, my vote goes to the Punch.

Drive safe,
surjaonwheelz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks