Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2021, 12:12   #16
BANNED

re: Buying my first new car in 16 years!

Test drive the S-Cross and call it a day. It is the single most perfect car in the 10-20 lac price range at the moment in my opinion. Best bit is that it is cheap and can be had immediately with dealers even offering north of 75k cash discounts.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 12:52   #17
BHPian

Check out the S-Cross or Ertiga. Fits your requirements perfectly. S-Cross doesn't appear attractive on paper, but it's the most underrated offering by Maruti; truly very good.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 08:50   #18
BHPian

The only thing that concerns me about S-Cross, which I cannot check out fully during a TD, is its engine's performance when loaded. 4 people with almost 3-4 big suitcases, I'm apprehensive that it might buckle down under such load in Hilly areas and in hot Rajasthan, with AC turned ON. Plus, lack of 2nd row vents in S-Cross is also something that's bothering me.
Old 18th November 2021, 21:52   #19
BHPian

Re: Buying my first new car in 16 years!

Hi, so looking at your requirements and the subsequent filtering of a lot of options. The choice is clear for you.
1. Actually as you mentioned you need 2 cars, but since it's not possible right now I would suggest the second car(Maybe a good MPV) should be a pre worshipped one. Makes it the most logical choice. So start keeping an eye out.
2. If new SUV go for Seltos, Yes the safety ratings are a concern for a few but considering you will going out on monthly basis with your family in the hilly as well as high ways you won't be doing speeds in access of 100 anyways. The backseat comforts at high speeds in any car is a recipe for trouble( motion sickness etc, you get the gist). So go for the Seltos, use a light right foot and you are golden.
3. If used then, Jeep Compass is a good choice. Get a TD because I am no fan of the small footwell area. Found it to be a hindrence while driving.
Good luck with your decision and congratulations on getting hitched!! Cheers!!
Old 18th November 2021, 23:38   #20
BHPian

My two cents, get xuv500 with these mouth watering discounts available. Niggles have been ironed out , so many options to choose from, closest to an xuv700 and rest assured a proven product.
milu2fast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 13:09   #21
BHPian

A big predicament for this budget! I am myself sailing in the same boat, something for everyone and nothing meets the Mind & Heart.

Safari- Heart Yes, Mind-No
Hector - Heart No, Mind- Definitely No!
Alcazar/Seltos /Creta- Heart-No, Mind- Yes
City- Heart No, Mind Yes
XUV700- Heart-Yes Mind-Yes but long queue!
Jeep- Heart-No Mind-No

Reminds me of a verse from a famous poem

"Water water everywhere, not a single drop to drink!"

I'm not even considering Maruti due to safety, even though Brezza is 4 star and also a new one is around the corner anyway!

XL6 & Ertiga, greatly packaged products but safety is Zero! Might as well wait for upcoming KIA KY MPV.

But in all honesty, Tata Safari fits the bill in terms of safety & practicality.
Old 24th November 2021, 13:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laidbackakki View Post
Yes the safety ratings are a concern for a few but considering you will going out on monthly basis with your family in the hilly as well as high ways you won't be doing speeds in access of 100 anyways. The backseat comforts at high speeds in any car is a recipe for trouble( motion sickness etc, you get the gist). So go for the Seltos, use a light right foot and you are golden.
Not sure how this logic works at all!

The crash tests are done at 64km/h. If two cars are approaching each other at 32km/h, then their relative speed is 64km/h. By the same logic, if your car is stationary and another car going at high speed hits you, the result is exactly the same.

This logic of "I don't drive fast, hence safety rating isn't important to me" is not correct in my opinion. Of course, there are many other factors due to which you may want to choose a less safe car, but going slow isn't one of them.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks